Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming (688 Views)

My Cassava Farming Dairy As A Total Beginner / Need Advice On Cassava Farming. I'm A Beginner. / ROI On Cassava Investment Far Better Than Any Other Investment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming by bigtijons: 9:03pm On May 18, 2017
greetings to the expert and learners like me in the house. please I am in need of your expertise and experience advice on the following in cassava farming.
1) have been trying to get ridger to make hips for me on my 2 hectare farmland that i want to plant cassava but couldn't get any and the cost of manual labour is high, my farmland is in farin Doki, Niger State. can I plant directly if the land is plough? can I have a reasonable yield if I plant on just plough land?
2) is there any post emmergence herbicide that can be use to kill weed on cassava plantation? if yes, please which is advice-able for use
3) I only have access to the stem of the local variety they plant here, please advice me on which improve variety that is good for planting for the purpose of processing it into garri. where to get it, quantity required per hectare and the price. thank you very much general advice on cassava farming aside the questions above will be appreciated. please guys I really need your help. guide me right.
Re: In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming by kingralph(m): 8:25am On May 21, 2017
TME 419 is said to be the best variety for producing Garri. Follow through Agric section you will see infos about it and where to get it as well as the price. Regarding pre-eminence herbicide for cassava stems I just now heard of force-uron or di-uron
Re: In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming by bigtijons: 9:45am On May 21, 2017
thank you very much @kingralph
Re: In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming by Nobody: 8:13pm On May 22, 2017
Making heaps is not mandatory, you can plants immediately after ploughing
Re: In Need Of Guide On Cassava Farming by adebayo3449(m): 8:15am On May 23, 2017
kingralph:
TME 419 is said to be the best variety for producing Garri. Follow through Agric section you will see infos about it and where to get it as well as the price. Regarding pre-eminence herbicide for cassava stems I just now heard of force-uron or di-uron
Ha

(1) (Reply)

Free Farmers Online Market / Old Layers and 4 weeks old broiler for sale / Catfish/fish Smoking House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.