Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 (1262 Views)

Allwell Ademola Celebrates 35th Birthday Every Year, Explains Why / Yung6ix: I Am The Only Rapper In Nigeria Right Now / Wizkid, Burna Boy Crown Nasty C As “The Best Rapper In Africa” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by ipafricaStaff(m): 10:25pm On May 18, 2017
****Anusiobi Itfranklyn****

This piece could pass as the Nigerian rap year book as it highlights what has happened in the rap scene in Nigeria since 1999.

When we say best rapper it does not necessarily mean the best rhymer or lyricist of the year it means the rapper that made the most impact in terms of music sails and sales.

In this annal-type documentation of rap years, we bring you rappers that had banner years every year from 1999 till date.

1999 – Trybesmen

Trybesmen comprises of the trio Eldee, Kaboom & Freestyle, together the ensemble were dubbed one of the pioneers of Nigeria Hip-Hop in many quarters. Trybesmen started out as boyband in the University of Lagos, they soon became popular amongst campus hip-hop heads, they decided to stop making demos and attending talent shows to actually recording their first trial singles. Their sound was unique at the time because of how they blended African rhythms with rap/hip-hop which catches the attention of any listener in an instant.

Their first radio single – “Trybal Mark” was released in July 1999, it surpassed their expectations in terms of acceptability and the number of airplays it racked up. They quickly followed the single up with their smash single “Shake Bodi” in September 1999 which went on to sit comfortably at #1 on radio charts across the country. It also gained airplay in Ghana and South Africa.

2000 – Trybesmen

Trybesmen continued their dominance and ascendancy in the Nigerian Hip-Hop scene in the new millennium with their two debut singles “Trybal Mark” and “Shake Bodi”still burning up airwaves. Riding on the success of the singles, their debut album “L.A.G Style” was released in October 2000. The album also housed “Plenty Nonsense” another smash hit single from the trio. The ensemble performed at 53 shows between September 1999 and September 2000 a testimony to how far their music had traveled.

Cc; Lalasticlala
mynd44 Olawalebabs

Re: Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by YungJo207(m): 2:09am On May 19, 2017
If freestyle no dey there then go sleep op cause you no know Hip Hop.
Re: Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by escandon(m): 2:12am On May 19, 2017
team vec
Re: Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by nutislim(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2017
OP continue the list....keenly waiting
Re: Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by Smellymouth: 9:57am On May 19, 2017
Following. .

M.I is arguably the best rapper this continent has ever produced...

I dey my shrine; comean argue with me..

1 Like

Re: Best Rapper In Nigeria Every Year Since 1999 by AyamConfidence(m): 10:46am On May 19, 2017
When will Vic O make this kind of list sef undecided

(1) (Reply)

Guys Please Beware Of This Fraudster (pics) / 15 Nollywood Stars You May Not Know Have Died (see Photos) / Runtown's Babymama, Selena Leath Set To Join Nollywood [PICS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.