Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,824 members, 7,828,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates (12865 Views)

Car Vibrates After Engine Wash / Car Vibrates When In Park (p) / My Car Vibrates On Acceleration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by pawesome(m): 10:28am On May 19, 2017
Fan,clutch plate n disc too
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by famolino(m): 10:46am On May 19, 2017
My Honda city 2008 model brake pedal vibrates especially on rough roads or potholes. I have a situation with d steering too. The steering is so hard to control, went to oyingbo and ladipo to get d steering control (something like a brain box) but couldn't find cos d model isn't common. I need help on dis.

Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by classicblue234(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2017
bad engine seat and steering rag can cause your car to vibrate. talking from experience.
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by kwaso: 3:17pm On May 19, 2017
AutoReportNG:
I received a mail from one of our readers, the author complains of his car having some vibrations and I decided to answer him so that all can benefit from this as well.

Have you ever been driving your car and it shook so much you felt like you were on an amusement park ride? Well, here are three common problems that can cause a car to shake.

1. The most common reason for a car to shake is related to tires. If the tires are out of balance then the steering wheel can shake. This shaking starts at around 50-55 miles per hour (mph). It gets worse around 60 mph but starts to get better at high speeds.

2. Sometimes brake rotors can be the cause of shaking. If your steering wheel shakes while you are braking then the problem could be caused by "out of round" brake rotors. This vibration can also be felt through your brake pedal.

3. Another common problem that can cause shaking is when a brake caliper sticks on. When this happens you will experience a vibration through the steering wheel starting at 45 to 50 miles per hour. It will get very bad the faster you go, and you will also smell a burning odor when you stop.

The good news is that these problems are easily avoided or corrected.

The tire problem can be avoided by purchasing good quality tires and by having all of the tires carefully inspected when your car goes in for preventative maintenance service.

The brake problem can be avoided by including brake caliper service when your brakes are due for maintenance. This is particularly important for vehicles that have over 75,000 miles on them. And, like your tires, have all of your brake pads inspected as part of a regularly scheduled preventive maintenance program.

In fact, by sticking to your manufacturer’s scheduled maintenance program, you can avoid or predict these problems. Normally, the brake and tire inspections are performed when you have an oil change. In the case of customers who put very little mileage on their cars, this will be performed at the six month vehicle check-up.

Tires wearing in a strange way or having a wheel that's out of round can both be signs of what's causing a vibration issue. If one of the front or rear brake pads (out of four) is seen wearing more than the other, this is a sign that the brake caliper is sticking.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/reasons-why-your-car-vibrates.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Pls i noticed that when am on a high way, once i drive up to 120km/hr, the wheels starts to viberate. the car tyres are new
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by kwaso: 3:17pm On May 19, 2017
AutoReportNG:
I received a mail from one of our readers, the author complains of his car having some vibrations and I decided to answer him so that all can benefit from this as well.

Have you ever been driving your car and it shook so much you felt like you were on an amusement park ride? Well, here are three common problems that can cause a car to shake.

1. The most common reason for a car to shake is related to tires. If the tires are out of balance then the steering wheel can shake. This shaking starts at around 50-55 miles per hour (mph). It gets worse around 60 mph but starts to get better at high speeds.

2. Sometimes brake rotors can be the cause of shaking. If your steering wheel shakes while you are braking then the problem could be caused by "out of round" brake rotors. This vibration can also be felt through your brake pedal.

3. Another common problem that can cause shaking is when a brake caliper sticks on. When this happens you will experience a vibration through the steering wheel starting at 45 to 50 miles per hour. It will get very bad the faster you go, and you will also smell a burning odor when you stop.

The good news is that these problems are easily avoided or corrected.

The tire problem can be avoided by purchasing good quality tires and by having all of the tires carefully inspected when your car goes in for preventative maintenance service.

The brake problem can be avoided by including brake caliper service when your brakes are due for maintenance. This is particularly important for vehicles that have over 75,000 miles on them. And, like your tires, have all of your brake pads inspected as part of a regularly scheduled preventive maintenance program.

In fact, by sticking to your manufacturer’s scheduled maintenance program, you can avoid or predict these problems. Normally, the brake and tire inspections are performed when you have an oil change. In the case of customers who put very little mileage on their cars, this will be performed at the six month vehicle check-up.

Tires wearing in a strange way or having a wheel that's out of round can both be signs of what's causing a vibration issue. If one of the front or rear brake pads (out of four) is seen wearing more than the other, this is a sign that the brake caliper is sticking.

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/05/reasons-why-your-car-vibrates.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Pls i noticed that when am on a high way, once i drive up to 120km/hr, the wheels starts to vibrate. the car tyres are new
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by MASTERCC: 3:43pm On May 19, 2017
Good information. I notice it on my newly Camry.I changed the four tyre and it stops
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by libertyfather(m): 11:46pm On May 19, 2017
sadiq4u6173:
FOOILISH KIDS ALWAYS DERAILING POSTS. SCRAP.

Your papa foolish
Re: Reasons Why Your Car Vibrates by okewumi: 6:28am On May 25, 2017
Engine shocks

(1) (2) (Reply)

/ How To Avoid Tire Blow-out By Pumping Right Pressure Into Your Tire / All-electric Cars Can Now Swap Dead Batteries With A Fully Charged One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.