Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,068 members, 7,835,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Preventing Body Odour - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Preventing Body Odour (570 Views)

How Do I Tell My Mum That She Has Body Odour? / Amazing And Outstanding Method On Preventing Body Odour / 5 Reasons Why Most Nigerian Guys Have Body Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Preventing Body Odour by Rxdon(m): 6:29am On May 20, 2017
Preventing Body Odour?

Is Body Odor Normal?

Jack is not the first (or last) teen to notice body odor. Bromhidrosis (another word for body odor) happens at puberty because of increasing hormones called androgens. These hormones are not active until puberty, which is why body odor wasn’t a problem when you were a kid.

While sweat itself is virtually odorless, bacteria use it as a breeding ground and multiply rapidly. What you smell is the products related to bacteria breakdown of keratin protein on the surface of your skin. Sounds disgusting, doesn’t it? Chalk it up to an unpleasant fact of life!

When you work out or move around in the heat or sun, your body produces sweat. Sweating is the body’s way of regulating temperature. When sweat meets the bacteria on the surface of your skin, it produces an odor. That smell is what we call body odor (or B.O. for short).

How Do I Fight Body Odor?

Image result for sweating

1. Apply an antiperspirant at bedtime. This gives the product a chance to work while you sleep and are not sweating. If you apply antiperspirants after showering in the moning, the sweat you accumulate will wash away the product and render you defenseless against daytime sweating. Remember, deodorants do not prevent sweating. They mainly mask the smell of the sweat on your skin. Antiperspirants are chemical agents that reduce sweating. Many antiperspirant preparations also contain a deodorant, which helps to mask the smell. Check the product you use to make sure it contains an antiperspirant.

2. Keep your underarms dry. Bacteria have a hard time breeding in dry areas of the body.

3. If sweat from working out is your No. 1 cause of body odor, wash your workout clothes often. Sweaty gym clothes are a bacteria-breeding ground.

4. Change your diet. Sometimes, fatty foods, oils, or strong-smelling foods such as garlic, curry, and onions, can seep through your pores and cause body odor (always see a doctor or dietician before making drastic dietary changes)...

Copyright:This content comes from webmd
Source
Re: Preventing Body Odour by FitnessDoctor: 5:08pm On May 20, 2017
I totally agree with this.. But the truth is that we still have doctors that have body odour and don't be surprised that this was written by doctors who actually have body odour and still have it till today..

And that is why I created my hashtag #speakingfromexperience.. Which I tell my subscribers how I truly went through everything and how I got to where I am..

This coming week I am sharing my tips on clearing body odour without using a deodorant in any way..
Re: Preventing Body Odour by Rxdon(m): 7:09am On May 21, 2017
FitnessDoctor:
I totally agree with this.. But the truth is that we still have doctors that have body odour and don't be surprised that this was written by doctors who actually have body odour and still have it till today..

And that is why I created my hashtag #speakingfromexperience.. Which I tell my subscribers how I truly went through everything and how I got to where I am..

This coming week I am sharing my tips on clearing body odour without using a deodorant in any way..

Nice

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Enlarge My Penis To 10inches / Cinnamon Stick / "Regular Life With Irregular Scars"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.