Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,001 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? (10388 Views)

What Makes Ladies Involve In Lesbianism???? / Why Exactly Do Some Ladies Look Older Than Their Age?? / 6 Sex Positions That Makes Ladies Look Sexier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 12:14pm On May 20, 2017
There is this popular belief that sex makes ladies look older. I just observed though, I might be wrong. I've noticed unmarried young ladies who have an active sex life tend to appear older than they are, they seem to add weight easily and there is this "high mileage" look they have.
Well I might be wrong, it might be due to unhealthy lifestyle( junk food and stuff) stress and other factors, some study claims sex makes you look younger but I don't think they said "sex with numerous partners" right?

This applies to both sex though, what do you think does sex make us appear older?
Are there health professionals here who can say something about that?
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 20, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 12:16pm On May 20, 2017
Lalasticlala could you kindly help me move this to health section. I already posted it in here(romance section) before I realised it's not actually the most suitable place for this thread and most likely the folks in this section would likely trivialize this and not answer intelligently.
Thanks!
cc:lalasticlala
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 20, 2017
You no kuku lie OP.. Like me now sex yaff turned me to a 50 year old woman when i'm just in my early 20's.. Buh sex too dey sweet to forgo jare.. Even if the thing go kill me.. I no go stop.

4 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 12:19pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:
You no kuku lie OP.. Like me now sex yaff turned me to a 50 year old woman when i'm just in my early 20's.. Buh sex too dey sweet to forgo jare.. Even if the thing go kill me.. I no go stop.
Hello dear paybak, I think you should be more bothered on what gender you want to belong to. There is the option of transgender, if you're so interested in being otherwise. Have a good day.

5 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Jaynom(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2017
health and beauty benefits we reap from having sex:

1. Keeps Skin Young AND Healthy
Sex increases blood circulation, which helps pump oxygen to our skin resulting in a brighter appearance. Hence: that after-sex glow. Regular sexual engagement has prolonged effects in this regard and can actually make us look younger. Sex boosts our natural collagen production, which staves off age spots and sagging. So simply put? More wrinkles in the bed equals fewer wrinkles on your face!

2. Boosts Immunity
You know the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Turns out there was a typo in that medical journal. It should have said, "Having sex once or twice a week increases levels of an antibody called immunoglobin A (the stuff that fights off colds and other infections), which really keeps the doctor away!" So more sex means a stronger immune system. It's time to cash in those unused sick days as SEX days!

3. Makes Hair Shine
Hormones not only control our sex drive, but they affect the way our hair looks. Research has shown that a satisfying sex life results in healthy, lush hair due to the body's increased ability to receive and metabolize nutrients efficiently. Proof positive that Angelina Jolie and Catherina Zeta-Jones have healthy sex lives!

4. Produces Healthy Sperm
We know men are proud of their sperm counts, but now we are too! Several studies show that men who have frequent sex have higher volumes of semen, a higher sperm count and a higher percentage of healthy sperm compared to men who have infrequent sex. This is good news for women because research shows that semen helps us combat depression, boosts our energy and even helps us have a smoother delivery, if we're pregnant.

5. Reduces Stress
Life is stressful. And while there are many proven ways to cure stress: daily exercise, evening glass of wine, b*tch-fest with a BFF, morning meditation, a walk on the beach and so on—a good, old-fashioned sex session does the trick, too! Though blood pressure levels spike during the act itself, maintaining a healthy sex life helps us keep blood pressure and stress levels low.

6. Strengthens Nails
The same sex-triggered hormones that make your skin glow also make our nails strong, which means less splitting and breaking, and longer-lasting manicures.

7. Improves Heart Health
Want your guy to live to 100? Sex can help! Research shows that men who have sex 2+ times per week have a lower risk of heart disease than those who have sex less than once a month. Of course, I've yet to meet a guy who needed cardiovascular research to convince him to have more frequent romps in the sack, but isn't it nice to know we are helping our guys' hearts whenever we have sex?

8. Zaps Zits
Say bye-bye to acne treatments and miracle pills! Sex balances our hormone levels, which results in clearer skin. Probably good we didn't know this in high school...

9. Hydrates Skin
Now here is some real science for you: sex improves circulation, gives the body the moisture it needs to stay healthy. Translation: no more dry skin. Furthermore, having sweaty sex is like a facial for your skin, as sweat expels excess dirt from our pores. Your man: the sex god and the esthetician? Who knew?

10. Acts As A Natural Pain Killer
Oxytocin, one of the chemicals released during sex, increases endorphins and decreases pain, particularly headaches. So that headache excuse isn't going to cut it anymore! Sex also speeds up the healing of wounds, even stubborn sores like those suffered by diabetics. Before heading to the medicine cabinet, why not try a quickie first?

11. Sheds Pounds
Got a few pounds to lose but aren't willing to abandon your love affair with hot wings and chocolate cake? Sex could be an option! While it's not as productive at weight loss as more traditional cardio or strength training, we burn an average of 170 calories per hour of active sex, which is about a pound after 21 hour-long sessions. There are certainly WORSE ways to lose weight.

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/tristan-coopersmith/16-unexpected-health-and-beauty-benefits-sex

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 12:24pm On May 20, 2017
lajoshua:

Hello dear paybak, I think you should be more bothered on what gender you want to belong to. There is the option of transgender, if you're so interested in being otherwise. Have a good day.
lol.. I rest my case
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 20, 2017
Yes it does actually, especially when you started doing it at a young age. But I don't know, I know some that turned old and acted old and I know some that are the opposite. Wait No, it's depends if you take care of yourself or not
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by IdeyFindWife: 1:06pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:

Early 20s ke?

Are you sure?!

You go need come see Doctor inside examination room o, make I check u well well come give u correct "anti-aging" human growth hormone replacement drug, finish!

U go just begin look like 5yr old again!
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 1:22pm On May 20, 2017
Jaynom:
health and beauty benefits we reap from having sex:

1. Keeps Skin Young AND Healthy
Sex increases blood circulation, which helps pump oxygen to our skin resulting in a brighter appearance. Hence: that after-sex glow. Regular sexual engagement has prolonged effects in this regard and can actually make us look younger. Sex boosts our natural collagen production, which staves off age spots and sagging. So simply put? More wrinkles in the bed equals fewer wrinkles on your face!

2. Boosts Immunity
You know the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Turns out there was a typo in that medical journal. It should have said, "Having sex once or twice a week increases levels of an antibody called immunoglobin A (the stuff that fights off colds and other infections), which really keeps the doctor away!" So more sex means a stronger immune system. It's time to cash in those unused sick days as SEX days!

3. Makes Hair Shine
Hormones not only control our sex drive, but they affect the way our hair looks. Research has shown that a satisfying sex life results in healthy, lush hair due to the body's increased ability to receive and metabolize nutrients efficiently. Proof positive that Angelina Jolie and Catherina Zeta-Jones have healthy sex lives!

4. Produces Healthy Sperm
We know men are proud of their sperm counts, but now we are too! Several studies show that men who have frequent sex have higher volumes of semen, a higher sperm count and a higher percentage of healthy sperm compared to men who have infrequent sex. This is good news for women because research shows that semen helps us combat depression, boosts our energy and even helps us have a smoother delivery, if we're pregnant.

5. Reduces Stress
Life is stressful. And while there are many proven ways to cure stress: daily exercise, evening glass of wine, b*tch-fest with a BFF, morning meditation, a walk on the beach and so on—a good, old-fashioned sex session does the trick, too! Though blood pressure levels spike during the act itself, maintaining a healthy sex life helps us keep blood pressure and stress levels low.

6. Strengthens Nails
The same sex-triggered hormones that make your skin glow also make our nails strong, which means less splitting and breaking, and longer-lasting manicures.

7. Improves Heart Health
Want your guy to live to 100? Sex can help! Research shows that men who have sex 2+ times per week have a lower risk of heart disease than those who have sex less than once a month. Of course, I've yet to meet a guy who needed cardiovascular research to convince him to have more frequent romps in the sack, but isn't it nice to know we are helping our guys' hearts whenever we have sex?

8. Zaps Zits
Say bye-bye to acne treatments and miracle pills! Sex balances our hormone levels, which results in clearer skin. Probably good we didn't know this in high school...

9. Hydrates Skin
Now here is some real science for you: sex improves circulation, gives the body the moisture it needs to stay healthy. Translation: no more dry skin. Furthermore, having sweaty sex is like a facial for your skin, as sweat expels excess dirt from our pores. Your man: the sex god and the esthetician? Who knew?

10. Acts As A Natural Pain Killer
Oxytocin, one of the chemicals released during sex, increases endorphins and decreases pain, particularly headaches. So that headache excuse isn't going to cut it anymore! Sex also speeds up the healing of wounds, even stubborn sores like those suffered by diabetics. Before heading to the medicine cabinet, why not try a quickie first?

11. Sheds Pounds
Got a few pounds to lose but aren't willing to abandon your love affair with hot wings and chocolate cake? Sex could be an option! While it's not as productive at weight loss as more traditional cardio or strength training, we burn an average of 170 calories per hour of active sex, which is about a pound after 21 hour-long sessions. There are certainly WORSE ways to lose weight.

http://www.yourtango.com/experts/tristan-coopersmith/16-unexpected-health-and-beauty-benefits-sex

Ok good

But these are the normal things we reap from living a healthy lifestyle, exercising and all. Someone not having sex can get all these and more. The question is does a lot of sex induce aging??

2 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:

plz.....kindly........xplain ur signature
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nutase: 3:25pm On May 20, 2017
OP is it true that kuli kuli makes people fart?
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 3:46pm On May 20, 2017
Nutase:
OP is it true that kuli kuli makes people fart?
Are you speaking from experience?? grin grin
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by blingxx(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:

eewo grin

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 20, 2017
These are the sort of articles that make you either put your phone down and walk away shaking your head or close your laptop and hold your head in your hands and stare at the wall.

6 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by luminouz(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2017
Raine80:
These are the sort of articles that make you either put your phone down and walk away shaking your head or close your laptop and hold your head in your hands and stare at the wall.
Lmaoooooooooooo!!!!

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by clemz85(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2017
Indisputable truth is that sex garners Lotta health benefit,

Mostly for women,

Good sex pushes their butt to the sky
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 20, 2017
I know it impedes mental capacity, since some parts of brain are now filled with erotic scenes.
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by yoruBADboi(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2017
Romantic sex makes them look really nice but ipa ipo kinda sex makes them age quickly

3 Likes

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 5:31pm On May 20, 2017
Raine80:
k
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by ismart: 5:50pm On May 20, 2017
Raine80:
lwkmd grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 20, 2017
yoruBADboi:
Romantic sex makes them look really nice but ipa ipo kinda sex makes them age quickly
lol.....wch one con be ipa ipo........brutal and rough sex abi..........hmm.....eleniyan....awon ti #hardcore .....owo mi loke oh......

1 Like

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by yoruBADboi(m): 8:57pm On May 20, 2017
wiztobet:

lol.....wch one con be ipa ipo........brutal and rough sex abi..........hmm.....eleniyan....awon ti #hardcore .....owo mi loke oh......

Rough one but still rougher than rough
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Realkenny(m): 9:08pm On May 20, 2017
paybak:
Devils Angel

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 20, 2017
Interesting (subjective) observation. But, it's a good start. At least you are asking questions....so unafrican. undecided

Anyway, it has no scientific basis while a great observation. Studies on this subject do show otherwise.

Might I suggest you do a bit more research on this topic.

Addendum: although there's a compounding factor. Critically thinking, you can find indirect relationship but not cause and effect relationship.

It my be that the people you observe are taking oral contraceptives (older ones are notorious for causing weight gain). And, weight gain will in fact add ages and you can in fact appear older. Now scientifically, obesity does impact cellular aging.

I hope this answers your question. I commend you for being different and brave for romance-lander
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by lajoshua: 5:55am On May 21, 2017
Xiadnat:
Interesting (subjective) observation. But, it's a good start. At least you are asking questions....so unafrican. undecided

Anyway, it has no scientific basis while a great observation. Studies on this subject do show otherwise.

Might I suggest you do a bit more research on this topic.

Addendum: although there's a compounding factor. Critically thinking, you can find indirect relationship but not cause and effect relationship.

It my be that the people you observe are taking oral contraceptives (older ones are notorious for causing weight gain). And, weight gain will in fact add ages and you can in fact appear older. Now scientifically, obesity does impact cellular aging.

I hope this answers your question. I commend you for being different and brave for romance-lander
Oh yes! This was the kind of response I expected. Great!
I suspected contraceptives also alcohol and an unhealthy lifestyle. Yes it's a very subjective observation that is why I asked for varying professional opinion. I see the culprit now. Gracias muchos!
Also does numerous sex partners cause same effect?
cc: lalasticlala
Raine80
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Rukkydelta(f): 7:57am On May 21, 2017
Will comment when I'm back from church
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by Shiitposter: 8:01am On May 21, 2017
Sex is not a magic elixir. If you take care of yourself, you will look young
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by MrPresident1: 8:07am On May 21, 2017
Ladies who have sex with numerous partners will age faster, because, too many antibodies are being produced to combat too many antigens with differing genetic signatures.

Yes, Semen/sperm is an antigen and a normal immune system would react against it, so imagine the confusion of trying to combat many antigens at the same time, the body will wear out.
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by escapefromusa(f): 8:33am On May 21, 2017
MrPresident1:
Ladies who have sex with numerous partners will age faster, because, too many antibodies are being produced to combat too many antigens with differing genetic signatures.

Yes, Semen/sperm is an antigen and a normal immune system would react against it, so imagine the confusion of trying to combat many antigens at the same time, the body will wear out.

grin
Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by McBrooklyn(m): 8:48am On May 21, 2017

Re: Is It True That Sex Makes Ladies Look Older? by MrPresident1: 8:58am On May 21, 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

Young Lady Stripped Unclad Publicly For ‘sleeping With Her Friend’s Boyfriend / How To Easily Seduce A Girl That Visits You For The First Time / This Will Upset Some People And Accusations Will Fly But,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.