Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,413 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:32 AM

Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs (32073 Views)

Why Is Rochas Claiming The Shell $3.5b Gas Plant As Part Of His Achievements? / See What Some Nigerians Are Claiming They Saw After Buhari Was Announced Winner / Why Is The Apc Bent On Returning The Presedency To Northern Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:04am On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

If you don't tell me your tribe in the delta[b] I will keep cursing and abusing you[/b]. mudder/fkr! angry

You come here to make mockery of the memory of Biafran war victims and you tell me you are from former Biafran territory.
The pictures you posted could have been from Calabar, Yenegoa, or Asaba.
It doesn't have Igbo written on it. Fo'ol!

KID go along with the insult by the way am actually enjoying this.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by ow11(m): 3:05am On Jan 16, 2010
adigun101:

FYI ,
On seeing this post I got quite curious and the carried out a little study of my own. I never thought of ibos being relevant to the Niger-Delta but detailed study proved that they are infact the largest ethnic group in ND.
Mind you ND is different from south - south.
ND is a geographical entity while SS is a geo-political entity.
The region known as the Niger-Delta are made up of the following Nigerian states. with their ibo composition.

Abia - 100%
Akwa-Ibom - 5%
Cross River State - 7%
Edo - 1%
Imo - 100%
Ondo States. - 0%
Delta State - 30 %
Rivers State - 60%
Bayelsa State - 15%

shocked shocked shocked

There are three  things wrong with this post.

1. What do those percentages actually represent? Is it the number of Igbo speakers living in those states or members of the Igbo ethnic group indigenous to those states?

2. Where did you get your values from? You didn't quote any source so I guess you either carried out the survey or you just lied to score some cheap forum popularity points.

3. You quoted that the Niger delta is a geographical entity and listed states that are either wholly or partially within the delta. Well sorry to burst your bubble but those states you listed are also there politically as they are states where commercial oil fields are located.

In 'geographic' or should I say geologic terms (this is more appropriate), the Niger delta underlies the following states

Abia
Akwa-Ibom
Anambra*
Bayelsa
Cross-River
Delta
Edo
Imo
Ondo
Rivers
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:06am On Jan 16, 2010
ndu_chucks:

@Onlytruth, you are beginning to sound like an untrained thug or nkita,  with your shameless use of foul language in this forum - very unbecoming of you.

Your superior points will make your case, while your foul language will diminish the quality of your points, olodo.

you are known for that already . . . oh boy ! ! militant behind the computer .
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by presido1: 3:07am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

You need sympathizers. Thank God you saw the pictures of dieing  kids, product of selfish Ojukwu, that was the point i brought out BUT am not surprised they were translated to something else. I had to remove them before am branded something else
Don't be in defence as you have branded yourself that you have in mind.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by WilyWily7: 3:08am On Jan 16, 2010
Baba Ibada:

@Ezeagu
Yeah, but issues of ethnic concern can be better addressed than insulting one ethnic group or the other. This forum is viewed all over the world and we've got to be careful and mindful of our remarks on various ethic groups that make up nigeria (at least for the time being, ). As for willy*willy, he's got what he deserves and Olodumare has nodded in affirmative lipsrsealed
Baba Ibada, katsumoto, bk_babybe99 and Co,
Let me tell you folks, Yoruba is the most Wicked Black Race, you people are enemies of progress.
Because of Oil that is not yours, You Yorubas and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North sent your Soldiers to kill us in our land for doing you nothing, You people are (THIEVES, OLES, BARAWOS, OYEOSIS).
Of all the help some of our people gave you Apes, only to turn and paid  us back with death.
As i said earlier, Satan will reward you people with his Wrath million times.

Baba Ibada, i got a job and i love it, if you don't know my job is searching for Yoruba and Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani North Soldiers occupying our land to capture or kill,  I will keep doing that until they leave us alone.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 3:08am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

KID go along with the insult by the way am actually enjoying this.

Are you from Niger delta? If yes, which tribe? You lost all your credibility when you pointed at your papa house with left hand.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Eziachi: 3:10am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

You need sympathizers. Thank God you saw the pictures of dieing  kids, product of selfish Ojukwu, that was the point i brought out BUT am not surprised they were translated to something else. I had to remove them before am branded something else

If anyone needs sympathy it's you. Because you are not well.
You can remove the picture you posted as much as you like, it is still there in your computer hard drive. And it has always been there for your personal kick, enjoyment and amusement. You are a coward!
Leave the pictures and defend them, they belong to you and you believed in them, that is why you posted it in the first place.
You are trying to share you SADISTIC KICK but ended up showng your true colours.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 3:10am On Jan 16, 2010
LOL the idi'ot' yeswecan is not even from south south region. goat! lol!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by 0hsisi: 3:11am On Jan 16, 2010
It's only a brain dead Ijaw that'll laugh at the death of Biafrans
Wasn't Adaka Boro killed like a common criminal by his fellow Nigerian soldiers
You folks never learn do you?
And the Ogoni man who made fun of Igbos with his radio program after th war came crawling on his hands and knees to Ohaneze when it got rough.
He was later killed by the same Awusa/Yoruba soldiers he sided with
pathetic folks
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Eziachi: 3:13am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

You can remove the picture you posted as much as you like, it is still their in your computer hard drive. And it has always been there for your personal kick, enjoyment and amusement. You are a coward!
Leave the pictures and defend them, they belong to you and you believed in them, that is why you posted it.
You are trying to share you SADISTIC KICK but ended up showng your true colours.
GOODBYE.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by adigun101: 3:22am On Jan 16, 2010
ow11:

There are three  things wrong with this post.

1. What do those percentages actually represent? Is it the number of Igbo speakers living in those states or members of the Igbo ethnic group indigenous to those states?

2. Where did you get your values from? You didn't quote any source so I guess you either carried out the survey or you just lied to score some cheap forum popularity points.

3. You quoted that the Niger delta is a geographical entity and listed states that are either wholly or partially within the delta. Well sorry to burst your bubble but those states you listed are also there politically as they are states where commercial oil fields are located.

In 'geographic' or should I say geologic terms (this is more appropriate), the Niger delta underlies the following states

Abia
Akwa-Ibom
Anambra*
Bayelsa
Cross-River
Delta
Edo
Imo
Ondo
Rivers

Sorry for not providing sources initially. Well there you go
http://coral.lili.uni-bielefeld.de/langdoc/EGA/Proposals/Ega-proposal2/sv019026.jpg

1898 map of Niger-Delta ( Even before Nigeria was created !)
You will find places like Onitsha (Anambra which I had left out) are part of ND.
http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/Maps/historic/1898_map_niger_delta.html
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:22am On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

Are you from Niger delta? If yes, which tribe? You lost all your credibility when you pointed at your papa house with left hand.

Am sorry i don't see things through tribal lens, maybe you should take off yours to get the bright picture

You don't get it do you? You guys are fighting for the selfishness of few; unquestioned few. If you can look within maybe you will understand you are the problem not who you think. And yes go and read up Nelson Mandela and compare him with Ojukwu.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by 0hsisi: 3:25am On Jan 16, 2010
Eziachi:

You can remove the picture you posted as much as you like, it is still their in your computer hard drive. And it has always been there for your personal kick, enjoyment and amusement. You are a coward!
Leave the pictures and defend them, they belong to you and you believed in them, that is why you posted it.
GOODBYE.

The guy is an eediot
He's probably saving pictures of the dead in Haiti for his orgas.mic highs
I'm sure he never knew the areas that comprises the Niger delta
silly folks that can't proudly say their tribes and hide under NigerDelta to throw weak punches at those who are proud of who they are
what is Nigerdelta?
My state is included in the Niger Delta but the day I begin to refer to myself as Niger Deltan,someone should have me checked out grin
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:33am On Jan 16, 2010
0hsisi:

The guy is an eediot
He's probably saving pictures of the dead in Haiti for his orgas.mic highs
I'm sure he never knew the areas that comprises the Niger delta
silly folks that can't proudly say their tribes and hide under NigerDelta
what is Nigerdelta?

I couldn't make any sense from your post, honestly. tribe means nothing to me its just a mental prison which most people on here are locked in. Some people don't have to mention their tribes you know who they are.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:37am On Jan 16, 2010
Onlytruth:

LOL the idi'ot' yeswecan is not even from south south region. goat! lol!

LOL  . . .  . .      tribalism at its peak. So everybody from the South South must hate the northerns and support any breakup plan . . . . . LWKM . . . see logic
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by 0hsisi: 3:38am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

I couldn't make any sense from your post, honestly. tribe means nothing to me its just a mental prison which most people on here are locked in. Some people don't have to mention their tribes you know who they are.

You couldn't make sense of a post yet you gave an answer to it?
You don't have to mention your tribe yet you're up in arms defending the Nigerdelta at various instances
We already know you must come from some minority tribe of a few people in that Rivers/Bayelsa area that most people have never heard of
They are usually the ones that scream NigerDelta the loudest and claim it as their tribe because they are ashamed of what they really are
I thought you were Ijaw now I know you couldn't be
Most Ijaw sons and daughters are proud of who they are and say so unashamedly
A luxury you could never enjoy
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 3:39am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

I couldn't make any sense from your post, honestly.  tribe means nothing to me its just a mental prison which most people on here are locked in. Some people don't  have to mention their tribes you know who they are.

Every Niger Delta person knows that those manning JTF and dropping bombs on ND kids are not from the Niger Delta. No Niger Delta person is unaware of the role ethnicity plays in the war on the ND; strangely, even the UN knows, therefore your position can only be described as wacky or artificial at best.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 3:41am On Jan 16, 2010
0hsisi:

You don't have to mention your tribe yet you're up in arms defending the Nigerdelta at various instances
We already know you must come from some minority tribe of a few people in that Rivers/Bayelsa area that most people have never heard of
They are usually the ones that scream NigerDelta the loudest and claim it as their tribe because they are ashamed of what they really are

Watch your tongue.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Eziachi: 3:42am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

I couldn't make any sense from your post, honestly.  tribe means nothing to me its just a mental prison which most people on here are locked in. Some people don't  have to mention their tribes you know who they are.

Today is not your finest on Nairaland because every posting of your has said something unpalatable about you. Your tribe is now a mental prison to you? Go and tell an Englishman, Scottishman, Yorubaman, Ijawman that is tribe is a mental prison. We don't know whom you are. You were quite happy to brand folks here as Igbo, Yoruba etc and your mental unimprisonent doesn't extend there but when it come to yours, it kicks in.

You know exactly why you are hidding whom you are and why you are ashamed of it but soon rather than later, you will be exposed.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by 0hsisi: 3:42am On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

Watch your tongue.

tongue tongue
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:43am On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

Every Niger Delta person knows that those manning JTF and dropping bombs on ND kids are not from the Niger Delta. No Niger Delta person is unaware of the role ethnicity plays in the war on the ND; strangely, even the UN knows, therefore your position can only be described as wacky or artificial at best.

Funny enough i was referring to the Igbos with their Biafra rant.

0hsisi:

What's the big deal about tribe , why are you so obsessed with tribal nonsense
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by 0hsisi: 3:44am On Jan 16, 2010
Eziachi:

Today is not your finest on Nairaland because every posting of your has said something unpalatable about you. Your tribe is now a mental prison to you? Go and tell an Englishman, Scottishman, Yorubaman, Ijawman that is tribe is a mental prison. We don't know whom you are. You were quite happy to brand folks here as Igbo, Yoruba etc and your mental unimprisonent doesn't extend there but when it come to yours, it kicks in.

You know exactly why you are hidding whom you are and why you are ashamed of it but soon rather than later, you will be exposed.

Thank You !
maybe na ogoni man
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:46am On Jan 16, 2010
Eziachi:

LOOOOOOOOL. you said good night why are you still here. You are just obsessed with your tribe. LWKMD after i see your profile picture. LOOOOL
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 3:51am On Jan 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Thank You !
maybe na ogoni man

So whats wrong with ogoni people, and you think someone is brainwashed. LOL
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Beaf: 3:54am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

Funny enough i was referring to the Igbos with their Biafra rant.

What's the big deal about tribe , why are you so obsessed with tribal nonsense

Thank you. But I couldn't help but wonder how you can make grand claims on behalf of the ND and not belong to an ethnic group. The ND is not an ethnicity and some of the claims you have made are bogus.

If you truly have no ethnicity, how come you can easily categorise people as Igbo and Ijaw as you have done here. Don't you think that is a contradiction serious enough to raise questions of dishonesty?
Are you really scared to mention an ethnicity, perhaps because you are really northern?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 4:04am On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

Thank you. But I couldn't help but wonder how you can make grand claims on behalf of the ND and not belong to an ethnic group. The ND is not an ethnicity and some of the claims you have made are bogus.

If you truly have no ethnicity, how come you can easily categorise people as Igbo and Ijaw as you have done here. Don't you think that is a contradiction serious enough to raise questions of dishonesty?
Are you really scared to mention an ethnicity, perhaps because you are really northern?

So whats wrong with been a northerner, what if you were born a northern DOES that make you a bad person?   .  .  .  you guys have condemned Northerns and ogoni like they are not humans. LOL    i no fit laugh. . . Telling you my ethnicity is really pointless.  Am a Nigerian from the heart of ND but i don't think like most of them on here supporting the criminal group called MEND.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by presido1: 4:17am On Jan 16, 2010
haven't you guys noticed that yeswecan is kobojonkie?
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by scktaggif: 4:19am On Jan 16, 2010
You won't believe i read everything.

I have only one thing to say, a true leader does not sacrifice 3million lives for nothing, leave the country and then return to form an alliance with the same people who massacred his people. This makes me have a second thought on Ojukwu's true ambition plus he even own a political party now, what de hell, is this guy for real ? are you saying the 3 million people were sacrificed for no reason? If the reason was just or he even had respect for the  3 million lives he should be ready to sacrifice his own life along with the 3 million. That guy is a crook.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 4:46am On Jan 16, 2010
scktaggif:

I have only one thing to say, a true leader does not sacrifice 3million lives for nothing, leave the country and then return to form an alliance with the same people who massacred his people. This makes me have a second thought on Ojukwu's true ambition plus he even own a political party now, what de hell, is this guy for real ? are you saying the 3 million people were sacrificed for no reason? If the reason was just or he even had respect for the  3 million lives he should be ready to sacrifice his own life along with the 3 million. That guy is a crook.

lol scktaggif=Bilymuse grin

Old stale lie and [size=14pt]off point[/size]!
The topic is Igbo claiming Niger delta. lmao!
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by yeswecan(m): 4:49am On Jan 16, 2010
presido1:

haven't you guys noticed that yeswecan is kobojonkie?

Is that suppose to be funny ?

scktaggif:

My point .  .  Ojukwu is just using the Igbos THEY still consider him a living hero. ROFLMAO

The assumption that some myth cannot be questioned or some people are sacred is the easiest road to ignorance. The French revolution which marked a turning point for Europeans and the world at large was caused by a number of things, one was the doubt of existing myth and authorities like the church and its belief in the supreme being, the doubt led to a number of thing and questions were raised, a generation was saved. The benefit of that revolution cannot be overemphasized, it is the rebirth of Man.

Sorry for diversion, this is my point  " the biggest enemy of TRUTH is not always the LIE but the MYTH accepted to be factually accurate".  It is not blasphemy to criticize Ojukwu in anyway, the Igbos don't see anything against him because of the MYTH of him been a freedom fighter.  Am sorry for who can't connect the dots.
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Onlytruth(m): 4:52am On Jan 16, 2010
yeswecan:

I couldn't make any sense from your post, honestly.  tribe means nothing to me its just a mental prison which most people on here are locked in. Some people don't  have to mention their tribes you know who they are.

Dude really? So what have you been having all the diarrhea about Igbos all these while? So Igbo is not a tribe?
Now I know for sure that you are not even from south south, talk-less of Niger delta.
Owners of nairaland should start banning people who impersonate other tribes and subsequently lower the quality of discourse here. angry
Re: Why Are The Ibos Hell Bent On Claiming The Niger Delta Even Tho It Aint Theirs by Justcash(m): 4:53am On Jan 16, 2010
@Yeswecan

Let me tell you 5 important things:

1. As you know, Igbos don't depend on Oil. We depend on hardworking means to survive. That is why you rarely hear of any strife about the Oil in Igboland. Oil wealth is Alien to the Igbos. Most Igbos don't even know that the government give allocations to their states (it is rediculous but true). In Anambra alone, Tax from markets/businesses is very huge and can effectivelly sustain the state and another state for a long time.

2. There is oil in Igboland. In my state and the neighbouring state, Imo and Abia states, there is plenty of oil to take care of igboland. Yet oil seem so irrelevant because it is not quite as important as most people like you insinuate here.

3. There are very important Igbo tribes in the areas that you call Niger-delta. Rivers state, Delta state, Akwa ibom and Edo states have people from the Igbo tribe. The president of Ohaneze Ndiigbo is from Delta state. That shows you  that despite your statements, they recognise their roots. Those are the people We need in Biafra (Oil or no Oil). They are Igbo people. Anything that happens to them, will affect Igbos in general.

4. Igbos cannot and will never force anyone to join Biafra. Igbo will be better off without the Niger-deltans (especially the non-Igbo areas). The beauty of cultural homogenity cannot be over emphasised. The non-Igbo speaking Niger-deltans will be forgotten and will never be missed by Biafra if Nigeria breaks. Any of the Igbo speaking Areas in Niger-delta that feels that they want another country will not be forced to stay. that is the nature of an Igbo person.

5. Niger-delta should be more concerned about how to liberate themselves, than hating Igbos who have done nothing to them. It is sensless to develop a heavy grudge for someone that rarely feel your presence. All these Igbo this and Igbo that are unnecessary, because while you are doing that, your real enemies are despoiling and stealing the wealth you so boast of.

Leave the Igbos to be at peace. I can't understand your hatred for Igbos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Should President Buhari Contest In 2019? Abuja Residents Share Their Opinions (v / ABU Zaria Students Receive President Buhari (Photos) / Nnamdi Kanu Hires Chukwuma Machukwu Umeh As His New Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.