Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage (32333 Views)

Traditional Ruler Assaults Woman Over Palm Fruits In Abia. Photos / Guest Beats Up Woman Over Son’s Failure To Greet. / Rwandan Court Jails Nigerian Woman Over Drug Trafficking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by BABANGBALI: 7:06pm On May 20, 2017
Igbos of biafra always in the news for wrong reasons
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by muzeze77: 7:07pm On May 20, 2017
She messed up, why the rush? Should have waited 2 years before divorce and then can marry her real man
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by onatisi(m): 7:08pm On May 20, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
that's ingrate and wickedness too.God will not sleep,she surely received her reward of scam.Tufia/Spit on her flaties
You dont get the story..it was a sham marriage. The man in huston wasnt really married to her so it isnt thata she betrayed anyone. She just didnt use her common sense. Her husband ahould have moved to huston with her and stayed there till she perfected her papers . How can u enter a country and u are living in another state different from ur husband that brought you in from day1

2 Likes

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 20, 2017
okay.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Realali(f): 7:19pm On May 20, 2017
slurryeye2:

What do you guys gain from all this name checking nonsense?

YOUR LIFE
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by centboy123456(m): 7:33pm On May 20, 2017
burkingx:
grin Na dem na dem..... International Developers
lipsrsealed
burkingx:
grin Na dem na dem..... International Developers

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Sammy07: 7:34pm On May 20, 2017
slurryeye2:

What do you guys gain from all this name checking nonsense?
Fun
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by slivertongue: 7:49pm On May 20, 2017
good for them wayo man die canny man bury am
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Catastrophe1: 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
Awww shw shot herself on the foot. Trying to help the Nigerian husband and got herself in trouble. May God fight ur battle dear
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Vic3wap(m): 8:08pm On May 20, 2017
Sometimes, speed kills. Being too fast might not mean being too smart. I pity the entire family.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by lockupnop: 8:10pm On May 20, 2017
justmenoni:
Haba, read the post again and comprehend if you made sense with your comment...

You might actually e suffering from contaminated opolo dysfunction.

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by AngelicBeing: 8:23pm On May 20, 2017
Do the crime and do the time, next news jare wink
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Kfed4ril(m): 8:25pm On May 20, 2017
Thermodynamics:
Must you make everything about tribe. Because you saw an Igbo name, don't you guys know that people from Delta, Rivers and even some part of Calabar answer Igbo names? I mean some core South South states do have tribe that answers Igbo names. Nigerians take am eazy oh we are one and in this together whether Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. The whites don't even know the tribes here in Nigeria, all the know is, a Nigerian did this..... a Nigerian did that. Any bad thing an Igbo or Yoruba man does outside Nigeria affects the image of this country not the image of a tribe. Be wise....

Lol, those south south that bear Igbo names are the ijaw, urhobo, bini or ibibio? No na

What is their tribe
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by benjamytes(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2017
Innocent baby
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by grandstar(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2017
amokemi:
Hundreds if not thousands of Nigerians go through this route in obtaining U.S. permanent residency and citizenship. It is called arrangee. No be today things jare. But she wasn't smart at all with hers.

If you want to lie, pls do it very well.

She was simply to careless. Her divorcing her husband a month after the grant of citizenship would have raised red flags and also living in a different state.

She was too careless. Her children will be sent to a home where they'll be open to abuse. I hope they have relations who will be unselfish enough to file for their custody
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by grandstar(m): 9:29pm On May 20, 2017
amokemi:
Hundreds if not thousands of Nigerians go through this route in obtaining U.S. permanent residency and citizenship. It is called arrangee. No be today things jare. But she wasn't smart at all with hers.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 20, 2017
I dislike dumb ladies and she went ahead to marry a dumb man too, arhhh sad
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by onatisi(m): 9:50pm On May 20, 2017
SirJeffry:
I dislike dumb ladies and she went ahead to marry a dumb man too, arhhh sad
you know the saddest part is ,it may be the man who forced her to come and live with him in another state. Everything could have been the man idea and plan with the woman just following .remember the man was already there In the usa before the woman entered the country.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by senatorizyking(m): 9:55pm On May 20, 2017
I am feeling bad about all this.... I have known this fam. For a while.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by franklynn(m): 10:05pm On May 20, 2017
jaycurus:
Ok

Please ooo nobody should think of patronizing diz so called data resellers they are big time fraudsters ooo Pls and Pls don't say u weren't warned
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by yinkslinks(m): 10:07pm On May 20, 2017
Foolish woman, why the rush to do papers for your hubby? He would have done his own with another woman too and both of u continue to live it secretly. This is what happens when local people join the game of pasture. The man's dream will never come through in America again.
afroniger:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdtx/pr/woman-convicted-unlawfully-obtaining-citizenship-through-sham-marriage-houston
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by chokovirus: 10:12pm On May 20, 2017
many immigrants acquire their green cards by such fraudulent means sometimes paying their foreign spouses in the sham marriage but this Nigerian couple were not smart about it.
Anyway, had it been this naturalized American achieved one position feat, they would forget she was a Nigerian. undecided
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Reni1: 10:14pm On May 20, 2017
rinzaugustine:
Welldone USCIS .These are the nigerians that make things difficult for honest and hardworking nigerians cos they are bent on tarnishing our image Irreparably to an extent that you will feel ashamed to tell anybody you are a nigerian here in the U.S
Bros, I am tempted to say keep quiet however you have a right to your opinion. Nevertheless, it's not easy to immigrate, and successfully engraft oneself into the system over here. Even Abraham, our father lied that his wife was his sister during his immigration process. My brother it is not easy and who among us immigrant living in America hasn't faulted the law to be a law abiding citizen. Is it from using another persons paper to work, or marrying for paper which some turn out good. This woman's case is quite unfortunate and probably a careless one as she could have waited a while longer before filing for her husband. Na all of us be thief na who dem catch be barawo. Thanks k God for your own..Selah
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by rinzaugustine: 12:43am On May 21, 2017
Reni1:
Bros, I am tempted to say keep quiet however you have a right to your opinion. Nevertheless, it's not easy to immigrate, and successfully engraft oneself into the system over here. Even Abraham, our father lied that his wife was his sister during his immigration process. My brother it is not easy and who among us immigrant living in America hasn't faulted the law to be a law abiding citizen. Is it from using another persons paper to work, or marrying for paper which some turn out good. This woman's case is quite unfortunate and probably a careless one as she could have waited a while longer before filing for her husband. Na all of us be thief na who dem catch be barawo. Thanks k God for your own..Selah
My brother i am sorry to tell you that you and many nigerians here complicate your lives by abusing the american immigration system in the form of paying women for papers.There are millions of eligible american women today looking for genuine friendship,love and marriage and somebody will leave them and go to the narrow path of fraud and you expect me to support that because he is a fellow nigerian?NO If i see an american lady that collects money without filling papers for such person,i will give her a warm hug.

1 Like

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by moonraker(m): 1:38am On May 21, 2017
The woman is clearly not smart angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by BuzChi(m): 1:46am On May 21, 2017
Thermodynamics:
Must you make everything about tribe. Because you saw an Igbo name, don't you guys know that people from Delta, Rivers and even some part of Calabar answer Igbo names? I mean some core South South states do have tribe that answers Igbo names. Nigerians take am eazy oh we are one and in this together whether Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. The whites don't even know the tribes here in Nigeria, all the know is, a Nigerian did this..... a Nigerian did that. Any bad thing an Igbo or Yoruba man does outside Nigeria affects the image of this country not the image of a tribe. Be wise....
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by diva90: 1:54am On May 21, 2017
She's dumb as hell. If you're going to lie to immigration, at least be consistent. Through her work history and social security, they can track her activities. Best bet is not to lie at all
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by manny4life(m): 6:15am On May 21, 2017
In her application for naturalization, however, she testified under oath and penalty of perjury that since arriving in this country, she continuously lived in Houston with her purported husband and no one else, had not lived in any other place in the United States and had no children. She became a naturalized citizen on Sept. 14, 2011.

Less than a month later, Euphemia Okeke filed for divorce. She married Kenneth Okeke two weeks later and filed a petition for alien relative in an attempt to obtain lawful immigration status for him. In that petition, she stated under oath and penalty of perjury that she was divorced two years before she actually was and that she had lived and worked in Louisville since arriving in the United States.

This right here is what exposed her fraudulent sham of a marriage. I tell people never to lie on U.S. Govt papers because it's only a matter of time before you're caught. She claimed to have live in Houston prior to naturalization, and shortly after obtaining citizenship, divorced the supposed man and married her real husband claiming she lived in Louisville since arriving in the United States. She did not know USCIS keeps records... Well, sorry for her o, all that hard work wasted for nothing.
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by manny4life(m): 6:21am On May 21, 2017
rinzaugustine:
My brother i am sorry to tell you that you and many nigerians here complicate your lives by abusing the american immigration system in the form of paying women for papers.There are millions of eligible american women today looking for genuine friendship,love and marriage and somebody will leave them and go to the narrow path of fraud and you expect me to support that because he is a fellow nigerian?NO If i see an american lady that collects money without filling papers for such person,i will give her a warm hug.

Millions of eligible American women? Lol.. Are you serious? I think you're one of those Nigerians that think American women are desperate for men.. Continue dreaming. Most women are wise now, they know you want to marry them and for something.... PAPERS. As for me, anyone who wants to hustle like that has my blessing, as per that's the only way of survival but I always advice caution and make sure you keep tabs on everything. You don't want to claim you were in Houston today and NY tomorrow only for such silly mistakes to bite you later in future.

1 Like

Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by cooltola(m): 7:17am On May 21, 2017
if na ur family member u no go write nonsense on Nl
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by onatisi(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2017
moonraker:
The woman is clearly not smart angry angry lipsrsealed
Blame the husband not the woman. The man has been living in America long before his wife joined him. Definitely he was the one calling the shots,who arranged everything. The woman was just following his leading
Re: US Set To Jail Nigerian Woman Over Sham Marriage by Nobody: 9:04am On May 21, 2017
manny4life:

This right here is what exposed her fraudulent sham of a marriage. I tell people never to lie on U.S. Govt papers because it's only a matter of time before you're caught. She claimed to have live in Houston prior to naturalization, and shortly after obtaining citizenship, divorced the supposed man and married her real husband claiming she lived in Louisville since arriving in the United States. She did not know USCIS keeps records... Well, sorry for her o, all that hard work wasted for nothing.
imagine! but if it was years ago the Authorities probably wouldn't have cared to check or bothered to, these days it's a different story they are trailing every bit of paper and details especially with nigerians and she made it too easy for them to catch her out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo Of The Man That Chained His Son For 2 Months In Lagos / Man Jailed For Investing Customer’s Money In MMM / Man Offers N50K Reward After His Car Was Stolen By His Friend In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.