Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,301 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Favourite Psalm - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Favourite Psalm (7126 Views)

Pastor Psalm Okpe Of Fresh Oil Ministry And The Singer That Died In Benin Hotel / Psalm 109: Why Is It In The Bible? / I Really Need Help. I Am Looking For Psalm 23 But I Want It In Yourba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Favourite Psalm by sweetguy10(m): 2:36am On Jan 16, 2010
parislomo:

Ps. 51: for in sin did my mother conceive me. . . . For against thee, thee only have I done this evil. .  . Cast me not away from your presence o Lord and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation! ! !  Have mercy upon me o Lord according to your loving kindness!!

Psalm 51 , It brings tears out of my eyes Anytime I read it , I am typing this with tears In my eyes , I am a sinner GOD please FORGIVE ME
Re: Favourite Psalm by Bokoharam: 5:12am On Jan 16, 2010
I like Psalm 151
Re: Favourite Psalm by nguage(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2010
sweetguy10:

Psalm 51 , It brings tears out of my eyes Anytime I read it , I am typing this with tears In my eyes , I am a sinner GOD please FORGIVE ME

I'm happy for you. It shall be permanent. . it shall be permanent. What the lord has done for you shall be permanent.
Re: Favourite Psalm by vincent10(m): 7:36am On Jan 16, 2010
My most favourite psalm which gives me confidence is psalm 91
Re: Favourite Psalm by nguage(m): 7:44am On Jan 16, 2010
I should introduce something I practice, I call it Psalm Meditation.

Reading the psalms so much makes me want to write my own praises and prayers in a Psalm-ish pattern.

Nobody ever gets to read it so I don't have to worry about impressing anyone, I mix Yoruba and English and just write whatever comes to my mind, sometimes I just write the same thing over and over again, I sit down and just write verses to God, it helps me connect to God. And when I write, I enter a state that may be indescribable; warm and ticklish feelings fill me and I feel like I'm floating.
Re: Favourite Psalm by lordizak(m): 1:03pm On Jan 16, 2010
Mine is,
psalm 51,6, 13, for forgiveness.
" 91 & 121, for protection.
" 142& 27, to tell God how i love to marvel at his goodness.
and a psalms that says " all my life i will praise the living God,
my heart full of joy i will bless his holy
name, bless the lord my soul, forget
not his gift, his promises he keeps,
he pardon all my sins, his mercy never
ends.
Re: Favourite Psalm by ssumpta(f): 4:01pm On Jan 16, 2010
psalm 91: 14-16   
                                 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me.
                                 I will protect those who trust in my name.
                                 When they call on me, i will answer.I will be with them in trouble.
                                 I will recue them and honor them.
                                 I will satisfy them with a long life.
                                 I will give them my salvation".       wat else do need after this?

Psalm 32 : 8      "The Lord says, "i will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
                           I will advise you and watch over you"   Isnt this tremendous?
Re: Favourite Psalm by cicotaf: 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2010
Echofan, what do you mean by Ps 91 very effective?
Re: Favourite Psalm by parislomo(f): 6:29pm On Jan 16, 2010
SWEETGUY10: I feel you, It's a psalm that humbles me always, Makes me sober and keeps me in tune too. . I love it! I love it!!
Re: Favourite Psalm by Dimka76(m): 9:24am On Jan 17, 2010
Psalm 27 is wow, then 91, 46 and if you are really mad 109! Ehen! 127 too.
Re: Favourite Psalm by stevemoj: 11:47am On Jan 17, 2010
psalm 24 and 46
Re: Favourite Psalm by adeniyi334: 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2010
Psalm 119
Re: Favourite Psalm by Abod(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
God's word is food for the spirit. And just like physical food, a balanced diet is the best. U may love Rice to death but rice alone won't do the work. u must take ur veggies, ur fruits, ur proteins, a little carb, plenty of fluids, that's how u get to grow up strong & healthy. That's how the Word also works - one scripture works for your salvation, another works for forgiveness, another declares you righteous, another calls you holy, another lets you know you are loved, another defends you, some protect you, some correct you, some you use to fight your battles - Remember that "ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work". 2 Tim 3:16-17.

Now back to that Rice thing - i really love Psalm 20 wink
Re: Favourite Psalm by mcameo: 12:44am On Jan 22, 2010
PSALM 21. vs 1-7

THE KING SHALL JOY IN THY STRENGHT, O LORD; AND IN THY SALVATION HOW GREATLY SHALL HE REJOICE!

THOU HAST GIVEN HIM HIS HEARTS'S DESIRE, AND HAST NOT WITHHOLDEN THE REQUEST OF HIS LIPS. SE-LAH.

FOR THOU PREVENTEST HIM WITH THE BLESSING OF GOODNESS: THOU SETTEST A CROWN OF PURE GOLD ON HIS HEAD.

HE ASKED LIFE OF THEE, AND GAVEST IT HIM, EVEN LENGHT OF DAYS FOR EVER AND EVER.

HIS GLORY IS GREAT IN THY SALVATION: HONOUR AND MAJESTY HAST THOU LAID UPON HIM.
Re: Favourite Psalm by smooooooth: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2010
psalm 1, 9, 23, 27, 35, 51, 109, 127 and my all time favorite psalm 91. started reciting that when i was just 10.

1 Like

Re: Favourite Psalm by bunbit1: 6:18pm On Nov 30, 2011
among all remain psalm 23.

the lord is my Shepherd.

Omo i shall not want.

infact na de real spiritual quote ever seen or heard.

Assuring you security, hope, care, love and life.

make una dey read am every 24/7

you will see that psalm 1 on you.

happy is the man who has mot walk on the way of sinners,

you can still order the secret of psalm from us.

or raed on our daily post forum here on Nairaland.com.

search FOR: Candle Prosperity Prayer With Psalm

AND REAP THE JOY OF LIFE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

God Being Partial, Raising Worship Leaders "Only" From Christ Embassy? / Decades Of Sexual Abuse In The Catholic Church. / Why Did God Create So Many Transitional Organisms That Are Being Found Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.