Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,740 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv (54424 Views)

How To Transfer Airtime From Mtn To Airtel Or Glo To Etisalat And Vice Versa / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks / MTN To End Blackberry Services In Nigeria On January 27 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by haywire1: 7:58pm On May 20, 2017
Ff
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Defaramade(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
breadandbutter:
My tickets don cut cry
Sorry
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Benekruku(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
Defaramade:
Na God go save us from this South African exploitation

Whats the exploitation in the acquisition?
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by xreal: 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
Our own don be 4 9ja be dat.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Lastking147(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
breadandbutter:
My tickets don cut cry
Na Mtn cut am Or Shey na Kano Pillars
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Vic3wap(m): 7:59pm On May 20, 2017
Good, but as a human, I doubt its reality.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Jessestunch: 8:00pm On May 20, 2017
14:

They will use South african profit to buy DSTV, if they do. This deal will kill african entertainment industry, i tell you. There is lots of implications. I just feel pity for nigerian music and nollywood, it could be there end of it.

Omo my brain pain me as I try to grab some meaning from your write up...

2 Likes

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by SunFlow(m): 8:01pm On May 20, 2017
please where am i?
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by BABANGBALI: 8:02pm On May 20, 2017
If dem like make demands acquire aso villa e no concern me
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by LordOfNaira: 8:02pm On May 20, 2017
Ishilove:
They want to finally finish Nigerians. Ndi osi

I will make sure they don't...
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by ephi123(f): 8:03pm On May 20, 2017
xreal:
Our own don be 4 9ja be dat.

cheesy cheesy
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by LordOfNaira: 8:05pm On May 20, 2017
Honestly, MTN buying DSTV and GOTV will be tantamount to the abuse of a reversal of loss which would raise the data base of the conditioned nomenclature of general deficit and kill the sagacity of our profit reserve.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by NCANTaskForce: 8:07pm On May 20, 2017
They want to buy Nigeria.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by zzzzy: 8:08pm On May 20, 2017
First their credit became 120 from 100,now they are buying the most watched cable television providers in Nigeria. Expect a price hike in the price of sub, at most in 7yrs time, they'll get their fine back. Smart is what i call them.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by blingxx(m): 8:12pm On May 20, 2017
how thatf*ck did this make front page undecided
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 20, 2017
Very soon Dstv will crash, the monopoly would be broken soon and it'd become very cheap angry
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by DJMCOTTY(m): 8:15pm On May 20, 2017
No groundnut in my skuchi undecided
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 20, 2017
if such a deal should sail through, mtn will ruin the affordability of Gotv. they will come up with ridiculously expensive subscription plans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 20, 2017
They should already.

May be then, we will start having decoders with routers and internet ready like comcasts etc.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Ephramed(m): 8:23pm On May 20, 2017
benue na im sure pass

1 Like

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by AreaFada2: 8:27pm On May 20, 2017
Oblitz:
If them like make them sell am give OGTV that one no consign me

Stamped concrete from #2,500 per square metre. Call 08107196831

Nice concrete.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Timelezz: 8:29pm On May 20, 2017
metroparrot:

The offer of MultiChoice Africa will not affect the South African division of the TV network although the plans have not been made public.

So dstv intends offloading thier exploitation of Africans to another south African company that has mastered the art of corporate thievery and profiteering while sparing their customers in south Africa.

Time for Nigerians to do the needful; ditch mtn and dstv for ctl and glo or any other telecom until these animals from Zululand bring same service they deliver in south Africa back here .

The ANC Government is officially one of the most corrupt government in Africa and is robbing white firms (dstv) blind through BEE and they are selling out or risk bankruptcy.

And they are using Nigerian patronage to offset official mismanagement.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 20, 2017
These company shouldn't be sold to rapacious MTN with its unrestrained greed. MTN will simply introduce some exploitative features to maximize its profit by any means. That company is too greedy for my liking.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Kiakia(m): 8:31pm On May 20, 2017
metroparrot:
MultiChoice Africa is said to be having discussions with MTN, South African telecommunications company, regarding the sale of the company.

Naspers Limited, parent company of MultiChoice Africa is the franchise owner of DStv and GOtv.

The offer of MultiChoice Africa will not affect the South African division of the TV network although the plans have not been made public.

“A sale is one of a number of options being considered by Africa’s biggest company by market value, and a final decision hasn’t been reached. Naspers and MTN Group have briefly discussed a deal for MultiChoice Africa, but no agreement was reached”.

Both companies confirmed on Thursday that they are still in talks about sharing TV content, video-on-demand services, on smartphones.

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/05/mtn-to-acquire-multichoice-africa.html

About time! Gotv has been a huge disappointment to it's numerous subscribers. MTN may be better managers of the Company.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by cr7rooney10(m): 8:33pm On May 20, 2017
Mtn if u try am god punish una
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Origin(f): 8:35pm On May 20, 2017
Competition is sweet I tell you.

Econet's Kwese tv has come to Nigeria and has even bought the NPL rights.
Kwese tv will most likely have have a PAYG option instead of fixed and they are already trending all over Africa.

I see "smart" CEOs and I wonder. Most Kwese tv staff were formerly from Multichoice. Rumors of inadequate staff welfare and high use of contract staff at Multichoice (as most companies now do)

Now your staff are with your competitors and they know your secrets. They know how much you made from the NPL and made a far better offer.

The largest market in Africa and yet you can't give back to your customers. It's always about the profits, profits profits that still hardly gets into the hands of stockholders. Anyhooos its all business.

1 Like

Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Codes151(m): 8:40pm On May 20, 2017
Is it it's not the same stakeholders! Smh
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by markemcee(m): 8:42pm On May 20, 2017
14:

They will use South african profit to buy DSTV, if they do. This deal will kill african entertainment industry, i tell you. There is lots of implications. I just feel pity for nigerian music and nollywood, it could be there end of it.

how..?
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
okay.
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by postmann: 8:44pm On May 20, 2017
Timelezz:
So dstv intends offloading thier exploitation of Africans to another south African company that has mastered the art of corporate thievery and profiteering while sparing their customers in south Africa.

Time for Nigerians to do the needful; ditch mtn and dstv for ctl and glo or any other telecom until these animals from Zululand bring same service they deliver in south Africa back here .

The ANC Government is officially one of the most corrupt government in Africa and is robbing white firms (dstv) blind through BEE and they are selling out or risk bankruptcy.

And they are using Nigerian patronage to offset official mismanagement.

There're facts in what you said. But GLO... !
Re: MTN To Acquire DSTV And Gotv by markemcee(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2017
zzzzy:
First their credit became 120 from 100,now they are buying the most watched cable television providers in Nigeria. Expect a price hike in the price of sub, at most in 7yrs time, they'll get their fine back. Smart is what i call them.

the price of airtime going high has nothing to do with them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

[NEW!] Mtn Unlimited Browsing For All! / How To Know Those Who Saved Your Contact On Whatsapp / Finally Gotten The Itel S31. My Personal Review Follows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.