Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia (25615 Views)

IPOB Women Disgrace Nnia Nwodo, Scatter Ohanaeze Event (Photos) / Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers' / Army Denies Withdrawal Of Soldiers From Abia - EGWU EKE II Commences Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nkemakonam62: 8:16pm On May 20, 2017
The Nigerian Army yesterday denied molesting members of the women wing of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) in Abia State.

The group, through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, had on Friday, alleged that the women were beaten up and their cloths torn by soldiers during their meeting in Abiriba, Abia State.

But a statement issued yesterday by the Deputy Director, Army Public Relations, 82 Division, and made available to newsmen in Awka, described the allegation as funny and comical, saying there was no element of truth in the accusation.

It maintained that the leadership of the Division is rather intensifying efforts in further training of troops on civilian protection/respect for human rights in and out of conflict situations.

The statement read in part: “Let me make it clear that the drama and the allegation that follow are deliberately staged by IPOB. The allegation, just like others before it, - is false, sheer IPOB’s propaganda to discredit the Nigerian Army.

“Hence, I was able to confirm from the officer in charge of patrol of Abiriba and its environs, Major Danjuma Ali and the Divisional Police Officer in charge of Abiriba, Superintendent Titus Ugwuoke who briefed me - there was no truth in IPOB’s accusation.

“On Thursday,18 May 2017, at about 1705 hours, soldiers of 14 Brigade Ohafia on routine patrol in Abiriba general area, received a distressed call alerting them of massive presence of IPOB women wing in Abiriba township stadium. Most of them (the women) were carrying Biafran flags, banners and other insignia. Majority were dressed in Biafran T-shirts.

“Instant intelligence revealed that majority of the women came from Aba, Awka, Onitsha, Owerri and Port Harcourt axis as reflected on the various banners exhibited in the stadium.

“By Friday 19, May 2017, at about 0930 hours, women in large number surged towards the stadium. At that point, the patrol team moved close to the arena, with intent to monitor them further. On sighting the team, the women ran out, removed part of their dresses and converged on an alternate venue where the Divisional Police Officer, Abiriba and His Majesty Eze Ogbu of Abiriba addressed the gathering. After the Eze’s address, they peacefully dispersed to their various destinations.

“His Royal Majesty Eze Ogbu has since briefed the local government chairman and members of the local government security council on the matter, and there was nothing to suggest that the women were rough handled or arrested”.

https://dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/army-debunks-arrest-of-ipob-women-in-abia/198576.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 20, 2017
I blame Lai Muhammed 4 dis lie

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Lajet: 8:28pm On May 20, 2017
Nigeria Army dey lie too much . Zombies will believe them

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by vantage001: 8:35pm On May 20, 2017

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by DocHMD: 8:38pm On May 20, 2017
Bloody lying machines.

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by BuariCopyPaste: 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
Lying genocidal basta3ds....

This was how they molested our women.

65 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by ewigmee: 8:43pm On May 20, 2017
We all know how Nigerian arm questions the civilians. They simply confirmed the media report.

9 Likes

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by ojun50(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2017
Lai Muhammed don teach every body to be professional liars

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Partnerbiz(f): 8:52pm On May 20, 2017
Linus. So who took their clothes?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by krasican(m): 9:00pm On May 20, 2017
I never still see any pic or video were d ipob women were harassed ....abi deir phone battery dey down that time.....so d person wey snap d pic during protest no dey around dat time ?

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Agumbankembu: 9:00pm On May 20, 2017
“Surprisingly, while the soldiers were making their way back to their duty post, they saw some of the women rushing down to the palace half-Unclad.

This confirmed all suspicions, you molested the women and even arrested the women leader, told them to lie on the floor, when they could not take the humiliation again, they protested half unclad.

That was how you denied killing IPOB members, but when the video recording and evidence came from Amnesty International, you people screamed it is campaign of calumny.
What happened later? You agreed to have used minimum force on unarmed protesters, and went ahead to set up a panel to investigate how you killed innocent people.

NA have been known to be brutalizers of civilians, you make people roll in dirty waters and flog someone under a hot sun or even carry people to barrack and torture them beyond human limit, all in all you deny later.

Liars.

147 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by krasican(m): 9:01pm On May 20, 2017
I never still see any pic or video were d ipob women were harassed ....abi deir phone battery dey down that time.....so d person wey snap d pic during protest no dey around dat time ? ipob too dey lie abeg

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 20, 2017
IPOB are still the only set of Barbarians we have here in Africa!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Agumbankembu: 9:06pm On May 20, 2017
krasican:
I never still see any pic or video were d ipob women were harassed ....abi deir phone battery dey down that time.....so d person wey snap d pic during protest no dey around dat time ? ipob too dey lie abeg

When soldiers dey brutalize person, tell me they allow you record them, in order to gain YouTube hits.
Rubbish talk, as if you don't know how army smashes people's phones, if they feel you are recording their atrocities.

101 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by TheKingdom: 9:26pm On May 20, 2017
OrestesDante:
IPOB are still the only set of Barbarians we have here in Africa!

RIIGHT, because your president has been on vacation in London paid by people like you who cant reason...or have the guts t do anything about it 50+ years and counting.

Where is your national airline Giant of Africa?

FOOLS

101 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 20, 2017
TheKingdom:

RIIGHT, because your president has been on vacation in London paid by people like you who cant reason...or have the guts t do anything about it 50+ years and counting.

Where is your national airline Giant of Africa?

FOOLS

ok.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by krasican(m): 9:35pm On May 20, 2017
Agumbankembu:

When soldiers dey brutalize person, tell me they allow you record them, in order to gain YouTube hits.
Rubbish talk, as if you don't know how army smashes people's phones, if they feel you are recording their atrocities.

why u dey defend dis ipob lies.....i know d extent ipob go go if really dose women were harassed ...dem must video am i know for sure....we no even see any pic of injured person ...if really na soldier dem go wound person

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 20, 2017
krasican:
I never still see any pic or video were d ipob women were harassed ....abi deir phone battery dey down that time.....so d person wey snap d pic during protest no dey around dat time ?

OK see this one
All this made the women to strip in protest.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by krasican(m): 9:53pm On May 20, 2017
mikeoh:

OK see this one All this made the women to strip in protest.
pic of 2014

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Agumbankembu: 10:26pm On May 20, 2017
krasican:

why u dey defend dis ipob lies.....i know d extent ipob go go if really dose women were harassed ...dem must video am i know for sure....we no even see any pic of injured person ...if really na soldier dem go wound person

See how hopeless Nigerians are in face of military brutalization on civilians that occur almost everyday. It's like they settled being beaten and tortured by men in uniform. I give up on u.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Generalyemi(m): 10:42pm On May 20, 2017
krasican:

u need Mohammed in your life

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by vedaxcool(m): 6:34am On May 21, 2017
LIEPOB na their work.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 6:42am On May 21, 2017
I would rather believe IPOB that NA. NA has brutalised unarmed civilians before, lied about it and were defended by the usual zombies we have on NL until the truth came out

Now they have started fighting transparency International because they have continued to report the truth about Nigerian army's evils under buhari

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 7:01am On May 21, 2017
Hahahaha hahahaha.
What a great story.

1 Like

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Okoroawusa: 7:58am On May 21, 2017
there is no how army will molest those IPOB women n there wont be a video or pics...impossible!
meanwhile if it was a women conference y a handful of women n did they come prepared wit bomber shorts n biafra flag designed bras?
ayam not understanding...

8 Likes

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by golddust6000(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2017
Army of the zoo your days are numbered

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by golddust6000(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2017
Okoroawusa:
there is no how army will molest those IPOB women n there wont be a video or pics...impossible!
meanwhile if it was a women conference y a handful of women n did they come prepared wit bomber shorts n biafra flag designed bras?
ayam not understanding...

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by Nobody: 11:16am On May 21, 2017
I love Nigerian Army.

BTW I just got a professional website done for free. Register with them now and they will contact you. They called me and said just a few to be done for free.

https://www.nairaland.com/3812033/free-websites-designs-giveaway-6th

anyone that is interested.

2 Likes

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by kestolove95(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2017
ashawo women conference

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Denies Molestation Of IPOB Women In Abia by AllTheWayUp: 11:18am On May 21, 2017
grin grin grin

Fear catch Army

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Arewa Youths Urge UN To Label IPOB Terrorist Group / We Will Continue With Revolution Now Protest Despite Sowore's Arrest- Organizers / Peter Obi: I Was Able To Move 439 Million People Out Of Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.