Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,716 members, 7,820,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers (101887 Views)

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / What Is The Highest Monthly Salary Of Someone You Know In Nigeria? / MTN NG Salary Structure: Salary Of MTN Nigeria Telecommunications Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Junior66(m): 10:21am On May 21, 2017
Primusinterpares:
That means a professor receives like +/-#500k per month.
While a lecturer 2 receives like +/-#140k per month...
And you want them not to indulge in extortion abi
I shake my head 4 this country...

But I doubt this info...
It is true bro. I have seen hundreds of their payslip.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Junior66(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2017
Atiku2019:
grin grin grin grin
The real salary structure is far below what you posted OP
No deceive urself. it is very correct.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Taku555(m): 10:23am On May 21, 2017
Atiku2019:
grin grin grin grin

The real salary structure is far below what you posted OP
post the real one you know or shout up young man. That's their real salary. Do you want me to show you the pay slip?
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by centboy123456(m): 10:46am On May 21, 2017
birmingham04:
Let us do this simple calculation. In UK a cleaner will earn 7 pounds per hours. 7 pounds X 10 hrs per day it will give us 70 Pounds.70 pound per day X 5 days a week it will give us 350 pounds a week. 350 pounds a week x 4 week it will give us 1,400 pound per month. 1,400 pound per month X 12 months it will give you 16,800 pound per annum . 16,800 pounds X 520 Naira it will give you 8,736.000 naira No matter the tax you piad the cleaner in UK will earn more than nigeria prof. Remember medical is free in UK for any ailment and the cleaner in UK will go to the same supermarket with UK Prime Minister. The cleaner can afford to eat balance diet 7 days a week.The cleaner can afford to pay for home mortgage if his credit score is good. Shame to nigeria govt. If you have the opportunity pls leave that country call nigeria if you are hardworking you will thank God at the end.

re u in the UK
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Partnerbiz(f): 10:48am On May 21, 2017
MissCuppy:
They write textbooks, attend seminars. workshop, they don't get promoted just like that but they get promoted according to the number of textbooks they have and qualifications. You think its an easy job.
Writing text books isn't mandatory. You can even become a prof without any text book.

Are seminars and workshops mandatory. You sound so green and like a neophyte. I am just indulging you. shocked
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by DarkHenrie(m): 10:51am On May 21, 2017
How is lecturing job not easy? Do the majority of Nigerian lecturers do any researches? Don't they just keep repeating same thing they've learnt and taught for decades?
MissCuppy:
You are joking right cos lecturing job ain't easy.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by birmingham04: 11:11am On May 21, 2017
Bagehot:

Instead of comparing Nigeria to a first world country, wouldn't it make more sense to compare it to a 2nd or 3rd world country and see if you would get a similar outcome. Compare Nigeria to S.A, Ghana, Greece, Hungary, India e.t.c Besides I know for a fact that a cleaner in the U.K cannot apply for a morgage cos after you are done paying bills (renting a single room in London is at least 500 pounds), there is practically nothing left; its a hand-to-mouth existence.
You can apply for mortgage if your credit score is very good you can, i am talking from experience. Secondly Living in London city is like living in ikoyi. Can nigeria pfof afford 3 bedrom in ikoyi? Their are lot of cities in UK you can which very cheap.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Atiku2019: 11:13am On May 21, 2017
Taku555:
post the real one you know or shout up young man. That's their real salary. Do you want me to show you the pay slip?

Take it easy Man grin
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by lonelydora: 11:31am On May 21, 2017
lebete3000:

Pls how can one be a graduate trainee in these companies you mentioned?

When they advertise, apply if you meet the requirements, pray to God for you to be invited, smash the test and ace the interview. You will be a GT.

1 Like

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by lonelydora: 11:33am On May 21, 2017
shankara7:
I know how much they earn. Just know that a full time engineer in those coys you mentioned don't earn more than a Prof not to talk of a graduate trainee.

When you are given an annual salary of 12m-15m without allowances as a graduate trainee and a professor is given 6M
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by divinelove(m): 11:34am On May 21, 2017
Pedagogue:
The Op is uninformed.

Lecturers in Federal universities earn more than those in private universities.

Use d word some BC covenant uni pay better than any Federal uni in Nigeria
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by otokx(m): 11:48am On May 21, 2017
These figures are inclusive of taxes and other deductions eg pension, union, etc.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by pbethel: 11:55am On May 21, 2017
Sunshyne200:
And I heard their polytechnic counterparts earn much higher. Though I don't know how true this is.
it is true.

1 Like

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by eterisan(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2017
faceURfront:
A lot of misinformation, half truths, and outright falsehood being spread here. Let me see if I can help.

1. A lecturers salary is made up of 2 components: basic + consolidated allowance. For clarity, these components remains fixed for a particular rank.

2. Most of the figures being quoted up there are the gross not net(take home). Tax, pension contribution and ASUU dues are usually deducted.

3. Take home of Graduate Assistant(step 1): 97k. 3k is added annually as you move up the steps every year provided you remain on same rank.

4. Take home of Assistant lecturer (step1) is about 113k.

5. Take home of lecturer 2 (step 1) is about 129k.

6. Grad assistant requires a BSc, Assistant Lecturer an MSc, Lecturer 2 a PhD. But u can get Lecturer 2 with an Msc + registration with the professional body of your discipline.

7. It takes a grad assistant longer to get a phd than a medical student to become a doctor, yet a resident doctor's take home is way beyond 129k a PhD holder will take home as a lecturer. A medical consultant's take home is way above the about 500k a professor takes home even though it takes longer to become a prof, than a consultant.

8. It takes an Msc to be come an assistant lecturer from d rank of a grad assistant. 3yrs from assistant lecturer to lecturer 2. 3years from lecturer 2 to lecturer 1. 3years + PhD from lecturer 1 to senior lecturer. 3 years from senior lecturer to reader. 3 years from reader to prof. Now, for each of those three years in rank before u move, you are expected to have published a minimum of 2 research papers in a peer reviewed journal of international repute. And a host of other requirements like teaching experience, project supervisory experience, administrative duties etc.

9. Of course there are wayward and undisciplined lecturers but anyone who thinks lecturing is soft work has no idea what he/she is talking about.

Pardon any typhos please. Thanks.
I want to say a very big thank you to you for this info. As a prospective graduate assistant this your comment is like a holy grail. Thank you again. Don't ask me the prospective part o...lolz.

3 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by omiaruk: 12:23pm On May 21, 2017
frenchwine:

When you make your argument, you should do it in context. On the civil service scale, this is comparatively one of the best for career jobs.
Legislation isnt a career job , hence no basis for comparison.
Oil and gas, telecoms etc aren't in the civil service. If you wanna compare, you should use the salary scale of private universities like Covenant, AUN, etc in which school fees is equivalent to a lecturer II annual salary.
Do you know that the lecturers' salary scale far outstrips that of the medical doctors?
are they gods? I mean the Med doc
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by afroxyz: 12:25pm On May 21, 2017
birmingham04:
Let us do this simple calculation. In UK a cleaner will earn 7 pounds per hours. 7 pounds X 10 hrs per day it will give us 70 Pounds.70 pound per day X 5 days a week it will give us 350 pounds a week. 350 pounds a week x 4 week it will give us 1,400 pound per month. 1,400 pound per month X 12 months it will give you 16,800 pound per annum . 16,800 pounds X 520 Naira it will give you 8,736.000 naira No matter the tax you piad the cleaner in UK will earn more than nigeria prof. Remember medical is free in UK for any ailment and the cleaner in UK will go to the same supermarket with UK Prime Minister. The cleaner can afford to eat balance diet 7 days a week.The cleaner can afford to pay for home mortgage if his credit score is good. Shame to nigeria govt. If you have the opportunity pls leave that country call nigeria if you are hardworking you will thank God at the end.

Shut your damn mouth. Are you spending the money in naira or pounds in the UK?

2 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by afroxyz: 12:27pm On May 21, 2017
lonelydora:

When you are given an annual salary of 12m-15m without allowances as a graduate trainee and a professor is given 6M

In which company would you be given 12m - 15m annually as a graduate trainee? Where?
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by afroxyz: 12:33pm On May 21, 2017
Op, I don't care what their salary structure is. I am resigning from my rig work this year and going into lecturing. Even if na state university. Highest. I open side businesses which I'm doing now.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by elevy(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
My dream job!
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by atirolu(m): 1:12pm On May 21, 2017
But a polithiefian earn 30million naira monthly
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by linearity: 1:24pm On May 21, 2017
Is that just the basic salary? What is the whole package, including allowances, etc?

Because the top salary bracket of the Professions comes out to a mere $16/year, that is evenn using N365 as conversion rate.

Minimum wage in some enclaves is far more than that and this salary paid to the lowest worker, who might have never spent a day in primary school.

The irony is, the Nigerian legistilative branch is receiving salaries worth far better than their counterparts in these other enclaves.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 21, 2017
omiaruk:
are they gods? I mean the Med doc
Abeg see question ooo shocked
If you didn't drop from the sky yesterday then you'd know that medical doctors have erroneously been eyed as one of the biggest earners per qualification in the country.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by riseagain(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2017
lonelydora:
Why won't the sale of handouts and settlements for a good grade be on the increase if this is what they earn? Nigeria is just a Zoo. Somebody please post that pix of Legislators salary.

So a whole Professor don't even earn half of a Graduate trainee salary in Oil companies or NLNG?

And We dey respect them like a demigod.
na ur village be zoo.akuya
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Candybob(m): 1:50pm On May 21, 2017
dfrost:

Bros I hope say you no dey plan become lecturer with all the analysis wey you give up there? I don dey fear you ooo.

lol.. I swear this guy want make men begin reason to go find lecturing job cheesy
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by birmingham04: 2:17pm On May 21, 2017
afroxyz:

Shut your damn mouth. Are you spending the money in naira or pounds in the UK?
I can tell you a frusrated nigerian who is jealous of those in diaspora.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by ffo(m): 2:43pm On May 21, 2017
lonelydora:
Why won't the sale of handouts and settlements for a good grade be on the increase if this is what they earn? Nigeria is just a Zoo. Somebody please post that pix of Legislators salary.

So a whole Professor don't even earn half of a Graduate trainee salary in Oil companies or NLNG?

And We dey respect them like a demigod.
how many percent of Nigerian graduates are working in nlng or oil companies?
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 21, 2017
Partnerbiz:

That's the easiest.
Some of my lecturers lecture 2 or 3 times a week.
An hour lecture each. He does that for a month cos another will take over next month.

So they lecture like 12 times in a month for 1 hr each and thats for the semester. The rest of the 3 months he does other side jobs like consultancy. Exam comes he marks finish.
Those at the law school lectures once a week for just 18 weeks a year. Exam comes they mark and that's all.

Remember, they use the rest of the day as they wish. They also use the vacations, strike etc.
Nne its damn easy and also very secure.

Who told u? I known of some lecturers handling up to 4 or even 5 courses in a semester spread across undergraduate levels to post graduate levels. It's not easy, plus u have to do research,submit papers and all that if you want to climb up.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 21, 2017
birmingham04:

Lies. The cost of living in the UK is much higher...did u figure that out? A 1 bedroom apartment can cost u 100-300 pounds per month. What about feeding? They don't sell aba jeans there, a brand new Levis means will cost about 16000 naira equivalent. Be informed before u conclude. The cost of living for a family of 4 in the UK is about 40,000 pounds per annum.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by ImaIma1(f): 4:13pm On May 21, 2017
tetula123:
lecturing job na soft work.. free punna, both those you need and those you nor need go find you come...sorting come join too... imagine a class of 200 like 100 people sort, 5k per person, you Don soft finish be that.
sometimes you no need enter class self, Just enter day like 10mins you move out no body fit cough, based on no body day supervise them.
I remember that year for unizik Mr Titus and Mr promise go teach you six chapters in 15mins, you go fear fear that time.
na God go save NIGERIA sha

Abeg thank for my school and faculty. I didn't sort once or buy handouts for the whole 4yrs. And no harassment from lecturers either.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by Jetjacky(m): 4:46pm On May 21, 2017
Thistrendblog:

This post has in it; how much a Nigerian professor earns per annum and the salary of a Nigerian lecturer from lecturer 2, senior lecturer to a professor yearly in a typical university in Nigeria.

It is often said that the academic system is where the best profession lies. You might be wondering how much a professor is paid for lecturing. Truth being said, university lecturers salary in Nigeria isn’t that bad. Although, you have to start as a graduate assistant before you attain such heights in education sector.

Below is a breakdown or list of how much Nigerian lecturers is paid from lecturer II to professor level per annum.

Salaries of Nigerian Lecturers
1. Lecturer II earns N1,649,509 to N1,979,640 yearly.

2. Lecturer I is paid N2,079,996 to N2,684,010 per annum.

3. Senior Lecturer earns N3,091,505 to 4,455,506 per annum.

4. Reader earns N3,768,221 to N5,004,750 Naira yearly.

5. A Professor in Nigeria earns N4,580,349 - N6,020,163 yearly.

As seen from the salaries of lecturers in Nigeria above, a Nigerian professor is paid far more than the rest. In Nigeria, only a few civil servants salary could match that.

Its no surprise that graduates are vying for lecturing jobs in Nigeria. Although, private universities pay higher than both state and federal universities.

This does not mean that the work of being a lecturer in a Nigerian university isn’t stressful. The job requires passion, effort, sacrifice and discipline. Apart from the fact that professors are paid huge amount of salary, they still go sabbatical leave which allows them do per time contract job with other universities.

Source: http://www.thistrend.com.ng/2017/05/salary-structure-of-nigerian-lecturers.html?m=1

lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, CrazyMan, 1forall
and my sister keeps crying for money. Hmm, this lies is super.
Re: Salary Structure Of Nigerian Lecturers: Annual Salary Of Nigerian Lecturers by lonelydora: 5:27pm On May 21, 2017
afroxyz:

In which company would you be given 12m - 15m annually as a graduate trainee? Where?

You are still leaving in the dark ages. Ask questions bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Salary Range Of Microfinance Bank Workers / Sacked Chicken Republic Dancers At A University In Cyprus (Photos) / Penjamin Franklin: I Refused My Female Boss Sex & She Sacked Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.