Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? (6743 Views)

Who Created God? / Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / My Idea On Who Created God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
Because you've not discovered how...think of it,do you think it's by chance man has dominion over all living things in the world? If your talking about the metaphysical aspect yes it is possible! Just know that it's kept a secret as an object of control from the powers that be,men can perform miracles,healing,telekinesis,telepathy,etc all this are skills that need proper patience and time to develop.
Man doesn't have dominion over all living things in the world. Dey are still some creatures and events that we have no idea of their unfolding not to talk of dominating dem
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

It's bro. It's man that relates with God idea, not robots.
still doesn't go.. i wasn't talking of a circle drawn by man.. i made reference to the shape to make an illustration.. the shape is the reference.. not the person drawing it or the means through which it was drawn..

I'm still on the OP's enquiry. For a grand answer to his enquiry, the question must be understood first.

If the OP understand that the idea of God, is an assumed idea ab initio, he will have a better method of enquiry.

I've answered the OP.. it will all boil down to evidence at the end.. he said infinite regress doesn't go well with him.. i can't force his mind to change

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:24pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

And what is the cause?
The Cause is a super Being whom we refer to as God. My qtn is who caused His existence too
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by PastorAIO: 12:24pm On May 21, 2017
It might interest the OP to read up on Gnosticism. They believed that biblical God was a being they called the Demiurge who was created by another Greater God.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 12:25pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Man doesn't have dominion over all living things in the world. Dey are still some creatures and events that we have no idea of their unfolding not to talk of dominating dem
biological things/being and not events I mean,so which creature have man not known how to subdue or control?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

if you're talking of the Judeochristian God, he is believed to be the supreme being by Christians and Jews.. supreme meaning highest.. if he was created, then he isn't the supreme being
If He isn't created by a more super Being, then He doesn't exist.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:29pm On May 21, 2017
alanka:
It is only on nairaland I saw people with no brain.

Asking a man like you who created God. Madness of highest order is when you are dragging people into what they don't know, what their brain can not guest of because it is issue of time before the world.

Tell me, if somebody tells you is this, is that will you believe it? You won't became you know that they are just saying what is not true but you just want to drag them into what they don't want

All because you want to look wise, now they are seeing you as unlearned person so they are avoiding your thread. Anyway, dont drag them into what you will not finish as they have said

You just want to drag them into what will later end on abuse, insult etc must you force them to say yes when they have outrightly said no? BAD PEOPLE THREADIND
Xup with u bro? Wats ur stress? Why venting ur anger unnecessarily? If u have nothing to day, den pretend u didn't read my post. The last time I checked, asking curious questions is still legal.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

You didn't get the question.

God existence and its origin of existence, are beyond your comprehension.

How then did you come about God, since it's beyond human comprehension?

i think you're the one misinterpreting me.. I'm not trying to infer that God's existence is beyond human comprehension.. I'm trying to say that scientifically, there is no method or equipment AT THIS POINT IN TIME we can use to verify or measure eternity.. as to ascertain the claim that God is eternal.. argument of God's existence is what I'm desisting from engaging in.. because the atheist being a naturalist will ask for physical evidence which we can't still get or acquire AT THIS POINT IN TIME
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

still doesn't go.. i wasn't talking of a circle drawn by man.. i made reference to the shape to make an illustration.. the shape is the reference.. not the person drawing it or the means through which it was drawn..

Yes, did the shape of circle appeared magically? NO, man drew it. Therefore, it's an invalid conclusion to say that circle doesn't have beginning and end.

So also, it an invalid conclusion to say God is eternal. Because God idea didn't appear magically in human experience, men claimed it exist.

Unfortunately, no single man has been able to prove that untestable claims of something called God.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

no
Den d matter shouldn't be over-stepped yet
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:31pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
If He isn't created by a more super Being, then He doesn't exist.
going by what you said, robots don't exist..
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:32pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
They'll surely answer for it someday,"knowledge is power" they say,have this knowledge and bathe people in ignorance they'll surely depend on you for the rest of thier lives.They don't want thier members to know what they know,no wonder in some churches prayer warriors can't even heal the sick except the pastor himself.They'll answer to this,as we have learnt we must pass on what we know cos every spiritual gift misused we'll answer for it.
To come back home, I have no problem with them but their followers /customers
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

going by what you said, robots don't exist..
Robots do exit. We can physically attest to that. Man made dem. Their capabilities are ideas of Man as externalised.Man is therefore greater than a robot.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:35pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

Yes, did the shape of circle appeared magically? NO, man drew it. Therefore, it's an invalid conclusion to say that circle doesn't have beginning and end.

So also, it an invalid conclusion to say God is eternal. Because God idea didn't appear magically in human experience, men claimed it exist.

Unfortunately, no single man has been able to prove that untestable claims of something called God.

my reference to the circle wasn't whether it popped out of existence..

this is the point I'm trying to make.. can you point the beginning or the end of the circle?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:37pm On May 21, 2017
AlvanT:
biological things/being and not events I mean,so which creature have man not known how to subdue or control?
Even as we haven't discovered all that is to be discovered, I would suggest we don't limit this to biological beings alone
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:38pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

.. I'm trying to say that scientifically, there is no method or equipment AT THIS POINT IN TIME we can use to verify or measure eternity..

Assuming but not conceding that God exist, are you claiming you KNOW it's eternal, or you simply ASSUME so?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 12:41pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this is the point I'm trying to make.. can you point the beginning or the end of the circle?
Even if we can't say so, it does have. Wasn't it drawn?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

But you agree that, as at the time this circle was drawn, it had an origin. I will agree with you that after the circle was drawn, we can't for sure tell the origin but it has origin
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 12:45pm On May 21, 2017
danthommies:
stop making researchs about how God was created else you might run mad or even die.
may that not be your portion.
He has the right to wonder. I have wondered too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 12:46pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

To come back home, I have no problem with them but their followers /customers
Ignorance breeds fear which in turn breeds hate,ignorance is a fertile ground for insecurity,it waters the ego on the contrary knowledge breeds light,love,tolerance and understanding.Haven't you wondered why our top religious leaders wine and dine together,e.g christian and islamic clerics,okay you watch on the news about how Pope Francis frequents the middle east but we can't say the same for our grassroot religious institution members,go to the core North and scream "Jesus is Lord" and risk being stoned to death.The more people are exposed to the truth they become less uncertain and hostile.If this top tier leaders can expose thier flock to the truth and not use them as pawns for control.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:47pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

Assuming but not conceding that God exist, are you claiming you KNOW it's eternal, or you simply ASSUME so?

i believe so
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 12:53pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:
I don't mean to sound as an atheist but this question has always popped up in my mind every now and then. Now, religious-wise nlanders, help me out.

How Did God Come To Be?
The question is flawed not in the sense that is wrong to ask, but in the sense that you do not know the nature of God. God created Time, space and matter. In the Beginning (time), God created the Heaven (space) and the earth (matter). These three must be created at the same time or else if you create matter alone which space will you put it? If you create space alone, what time did you create it? What is time without space and matter?
Now the creator of these three things (time, space and matter) should not be limited by it. If you created your phone, you are not limited by the phone. You are independent of the phone. So someone who created time should not be limited by it. Hence He has not beginning nor end. Instead He is the beginning and the end. He created space so he shouldn't be limited by it. That's why He is omnipresent. He created matter and so not limited to it.
So the question of "who created God" is born out of the fallacious thinking that God is limited by His creation when He is not.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

The question is flawed not in the sense that is wrong to ask, but in the sense that you do not know the nature of God. God created Time, space and matter. In the Beginning (time), God created the Heaven (space) and the earth (matter). These three must be created at the same time or else if you create matter alone which space will you put it? If you create space alone, what time did you create it? What is time without space and matter?
Now the creator of these three things (time, space and matter) should not be limited by it. If you created your phone, you are not limited by the phone. You are independent of the phone. So someone who created time should not be limited by it. Hence He has not beginning nor end. Instead He is the beginning and the end. He created space so he shouldn't be limited by it. That's why He is omnipresent. He created matter and so not limited to it.
So the question of "who created God" is born out of the fallacious thinking that God is limited by His creation when He is not.
Christian definition of god or pantheistic view?

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 12:56pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

i believe so
On what premises did this "believe", emerge from?
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by alanka(f): 12:56pm On May 21, 2017
[quote authorup with and 5 post=56733333]
Xup with u bro? Wats ur stress? Why venting ur anger unnecessarily? If u have nothing to day, den pretend u didn't read my post. The last time I checked, asking curious questions is still legal. [/quote] symptoms of evil is when people are very sure of no answer either bablically or scientifically but you want to use all means to drag them to say or do what they don't want to.

If you check nairaland, threads like this are many what ended the thread? Insult, abuse, threat...at the end they did not get anything out of it but being banned.

Now you came with it they said no, you just want to force into issue that had been discussed almost every year, which I am very sure you know.

Now if I say i created God will you accept? If I say nature created God will you accept? If I say God created God will you accept? You will want me to tell you how do I know? If I now say I was there when God created God will it sound good to you? No.

But if you will accept any of above options then you should is your cup of tea. All will again end up to be argument, insult, abuse, thread just as the other ones went.

If science says this earth is 8 billion years old and the oldest man on earth is less than 200 years it means no man on earth was able to see, or talk to people who lived 500 years ago but you want them to tell you who created God.

If God created a property that worth 8 billion years old and the highest age of the occupant is 150 years is it not a sign of madness for a 150 years old man to be asking another 150 years old man who created God that created world that is 8 billion years
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2017
adepeter26:

But you agree that, as at the time this circle was drawn, it had an origin. I will agree with you that after the circle was drawn, we can't for sure tell the origin but it has origin

Respect55:

Even if we can't say so, it does have. Wasn't it drawn?

i agree it was drawn.. and it had a beginning at a point in TIME before it became a circle.. but that wasn't my point.. the point isn't about how the shape came to be.. but about the shape itself.. that circumference which seems to have no beginning to locate.. of course we can locate it if we go back in TIME to when it was being drawn.. but then you can't go back in time to when eternity was being formed because that would be a contradiction considering time is meant to be a measure of events in eternity at best .. although it depends on the person's definition of time

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by ilynem(m): 12:57pm On May 21, 2017
adepeter26:

Christian definition of god or pantheistic view?
MY definition
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 1:01pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

The man who drew this circle, knew the beginning and end, when he was drawing it.

If you choose to go this way, i can as well ask you, where is your God? At least i can see this circle.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by AlvanT(m): 1:04pm On May 21, 2017
Respect55:

Even as we haven't discovered all that is to be discovered, I would suggest we don't limit this to biological beings alone
I understand even if you should take it to the physical and abstract side,man saw,came and conquered! E.g no animal is yet to replicate the use of fire since man did thousands of years ago,the closest animals to man in utilizing tools are the chimpanzees which what they've done so far is using tree twigs to eat ants.Let's go to physics and phylosophy,one might ask what is the source of all knowledge? Galilee Galileo said education is not teaching a man new things rather than discovering it WITHIN themselves,here the MIND comes in,for hundreds of years apples have been falling from trees but Newton discovered it WITHIN himself that there must be a reason that fateful apple fell on his head...he discovered gravity,whatever universal law or invention that be,know that one discovered will be a stepping stone to other discoveries,e.g glider,aeroplane,jet plane,rockets,etc.It has always been within man and from inside man this thoughts and discoveries are made.One may not finish his discovery/law in his lifetime and others might carry on his legacy e.g Charles Barbage,Newton,etc.So in all man has/will conquer in all fields biological,physical and abstract.

1 Like

Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Wilgrea7(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2017
Akiintom:

The man who drew this circle, knew the beginning and end, when he was drawing it.

If you choose to go this way, i can as well ask you, where is your God? At least i can see this circle.

this question always turns out fruitless.. so no need.. you don't expect me to point up to the sky.. we'll just go back to the cycle of looking for evidence we can't seek yet
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Akiintom: 1:12pm On May 21, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this question always turns out fruitless.. so no need.. you don't expect me to point up to the sky.. we'll just go back to the cycle of looking for evidence we can't seek yet
Based on this road closed point, for you proponents of existence of God, wouldn't it be intellectually honest, to admit that there can't be any further enquiries about God, until it's disproved that God isn't an idea.
Re: Who Created God? How Did He Come To Be? by Respect55(m): 1:54pm On May 21, 2017
ilynem:

If God be the beginning like u said , How den did dat 'beginning' begin?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do Spirits Exist? / What Do You Believe? / Do Dead People Truly Appear To The Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.