Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? (8910 Views)

As Seen In Ladipo.. Old Toyota Prado Being Upgraded To 4th Generation Prado / EOD Engine Price Enquiry / My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? by dokiOloye(m): 4:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
sanyababa:

Interesting read, please can someone shed more light on the bolded Gazzuzz, Deportivo
All things being equal(manufacturer recommended engine oil:nil overheating:fair driving style:etc),a 6cylinder engine will last more than it i4 counterpart,just like a group of 6 ppl pushing a particular car will get tired less easily when compared to a group of 4 ppl pushing d exact car.
Kapish?

2 Likes

Re: How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? by sanyababa(m): 7:30pm On Jan 23, 2018
dokiOloye:
All things being equal(manufacturer recommended engine oil:nil overheating:fair driving style:etc),a 6cylinder engine will last more than it i4 counterpart,just like a group of 6 ppl pushing a particular car will get tired less easily when compared to a group of 4 ppl pushing d exact car.
Kapish?

Very clear, I am a fan of i4 engines only because of fuel economy, but with this the 6cylinder is looking better, I don't think the difference in fuel consumption of the v6 will be all that more than the i4 engine
Re: How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? by elshanAutos: 8:33pm On Jan 23, 2018
solid3:

Was just thinking about this a couple days back. The engine is fine and good. Traveled with it couple of times, several 4 hours journey and one 7 hours journey that is to, you can do the maths for the fro.

Although the only ish it had was at installation, it was discovered that the gasket was already burnt which the seller had to pay for. He managed to pay 7k out of like 10k bill.

I have a feeling you bought a crappy engine, but then what do I know...
Do you know what it means for the gasket of an engine to be ‘already burnt’ ?
Re: How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? by solid3(m): 8:49pm On Jan 23, 2018
elshanAutos:

Really? But it's been serving me without a single issue. Can you please throw more light?
Re: How Much Is EOD Engine At Ladipo? by jodeci(m): 5:28am On Jan 24, 2018
elshanAutos:

He was lucky to have bought a 1/2 engine.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Good Is Flushing The Engine Of Your Car? / 6 Symptoms Of A Failing Alternator / Ugandan Students Build An Electric Vehicle. Shame On Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.