Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 (648467 Views)

Successful Nigeria Immigration Service Applicants: Share Your Experience / Recruitment For Entry-levels At Nigerian Immigration Service NIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (158) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 25, 2017
Srallens:
. If you've locked your data, then it can no longer be corrected

I haven't locked mine yet. I used my alma mater secondary proprietor and uni lecturer as my referee. Is that right?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by giftiy(m): 3:34pm On May 25, 2017
Srallens:
. You'll have to print out two forms. The confirmation slip and the Guarantors form. The referee wouldn't have to sign. The signing ll only be done by your two guarantors on the form. Those that can sign are already stated on the form
plz help.am done with all the form filling and storing them.
getting to the point to lock my data.
I keep getting the command "data can not be locked
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by lakad4u(m): 3:35pm On May 25, 2017
hello guys,please how can i get the guarantor form....thanks
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 25, 2017
somebody answer me please...is my confirmation slip supposed to have my passport on it??
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by blakwater(m): 3:43pm On May 25, 2017
GUYs if ur school is not mentioned what are u suppose to put.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Srallens(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2017
giftiy:

plz help.am done with all the form filling and storing them.
getting to the point to lock my data.
I keep getting the command "data can not be locked
. Try check your passport size or any other necessary detail that you might have left blank
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Srallens(m): 3:47pm On May 25, 2017
Uncommonbreed:

I haven't locked mine yet. I used my alma mater secondary proprietor and uni lecturer as my referee. Is that right?
. Anyone who knows you well can be your referee except for the guarantors. And those that can be your guarantors are already stated in the form
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 3:51pm On May 25, 2017
More insight: Referees

Analysis shows that you are expected to provide referees minimum of two that will matched the same requirements from the referee's form people mistakenly called guarantor's form.

Names, emails, phone numbers and addresses should be provided during the application.

The addresses will indicate whether or not the referees matches the requirements from the ref.form.pdf. E.g Nigerian Police Force, Imo State Command, No 20, Imo Road, off Police Headquarter, Oweri, Imo State.

So filling referees that doesn't matches the requirements might hinder candidates to be selected for physical screening when you will be required to come with downloaded ref.form.pdf that has been filled and endorsed by your referees and their pictures affixed to the form.in addition, the photocopies of their official I'd card must be attached.

The strength of your application lies on who so ever you filled as your referees.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by dameddy(m): 3:58pm On May 25, 2017
pls what can I do. the site telling me wrong username or password and my mail has been verified
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 25, 2017
Olowozain:
More insight: Referees

Analysis shows that you are expected to provide referees minimum of two that will matched the same requirements from the referee's form people mistakenly called guarantor's form.

Names, emails, phone numbers and addresses should be provided during the application.

The addresses will indicate whether or not the referees matches the requirements from the ref.form.pdf. E.g Nigerian Police Force, Imo State Command, No 20, Imo Road, off Police Headquarter, Oweri, Imo State.

So filling referees that doesn't matches the requirements might hinder candidates to be selected for physical screening when you will be required to come with downloaded ref.form.pdf that has been filled and endorsed by your referees and their pictures affixed to the form.in addition, the photocopies of their official I'd card must be attached.

The strength of your application lies on who so ever you filled as your referees.

can one change the referee on the guarantor form from the ones already filled in the portal??
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by leticia28: 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
Pls am i to input my nysc discharge certificate no?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 4:12pm On May 25, 2017
adebayooye:

can one change the referee on the guarantor form from the ones already filled in the portal??

Of course you can, but I will advice you filled the referees that will filled and endorsed your downloaded referee's form.

This will give you upper chance of being considered for physical screening.

Everyone is qualified for the few numbers of positions, only the referees will give upper chance of being considered.

Before you locked your data, first seek for referees that will fill your referee's form and collect their details to complete your application.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 4:16pm On May 25, 2017
Well,I choose my father who is a civil servant and my husband who is a banker as my referee with their home addresses and i hv locked and printed out the forms,waiting for screening. So I don't think a referee holds much relevance as a guarantor does. Those hammaring that a referee should be a police officer or whatever, I disagree with u.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by StillDeoye(m): 4:24pm On May 25, 2017
merit1988:
Well,I choose my father who is a civil servant and my husband who is a banker as my referee with their home addresses and i hv locked and printed out the forms,waiting for screening. So I don't think a referee holds much relevance as a guarantor does. Those hammaring that a referee should be a police officer or whatever, I disagree with u.

Madam, Pls, how were yu able to move past the Secondary sch result stage?

Or was it one sitting u used?

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Srallens(m): 4:30pm On May 25, 2017
Olowozain:

Of course you can, but I will advice you filled the referees that will filled and endorsed your downloaded referee's form.

This will give you upper chance of being considered for physical screening.

Everyone is qualified for the few numbers of positions, only the referees will give upper chance of being considered.

Before you locked your data, first seek for referees that will fill your referee's form and collect their details to complete your application.
. My brother, you are misinforming people. A referee is different from a guarantor. A guarantor is someone that can handle indemnity, a referee is not meant to do that.

3 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 4:32pm On May 25, 2017
I used One sitting that has credits in both Maths and English.though,the other subjects were not there but it saved and took me to the next page. and I feel what they are just interested in are candidates with credits in maths and English. Other subjects might not be necessary. If ur able to fill those two subjects and it saves,pls go to the next page and fill.don't waste time
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 4:33pm On May 25, 2017
merit1988:

There is nothing like guarantor's form rather we only have referees and referee's form.

Meanwhile, there is a big difference between referee and guarantor. Their roles and where they are needed also differ.

The importance of referees can't be undermine the way you have just did.

Once again, nothing like guarantor's form it is referee's form and it is the most significant part of the application.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 4:36pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=Olowozain post=56869282]

There is nothing like guarantor's form rather we only have referees and referee's form.

Meanwhile, there is a big difference between referee and guarantor. Their roles and where they are needed also differ.

Once again, nothing like guarantor's form it is referee's form and it is the most significant part of the application. I didn't talk abt guarantee form did I?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by tocin44(m): 4:38pm On May 25, 2017
adebayooye:
somebody answer me please...is my confirmation slip supposed to have my passport on it??
. Yes, mine does.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 4:40pm On May 25, 2017
Srallens:
. My brother, you are misinforming people. A referee is different from a guarantor. A guarantor is someone that can handle indemnity, a referee is not meant to do that.

Please before you quote me wrong, then you should be sure because I don't like to be challenge under lack of understanding. The form you downloaded was what?

Go read more on who is a guarantor and who is a referee before you challenge my credibility and knowledge.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 4:42pm On May 25, 2017
OK. Oluwazain, pls kindly explain the difference btw the two for proper understanding
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by merit1988(f): 4:43pm On May 25, 2017
Ok
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 4:43pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=merit1988 post=56869373][/quote]

Yes you did. " So I don't think a referee holds much relevance as a guarantor does."
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by tocin44(m): 4:48pm On May 25, 2017
Hey people, I'm don with all my reg and print outs. Trying to reg for someone but can't find the person's institution in the list. Anyone else with this ish?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 4:54pm On May 25, 2017
merit1988:
Ok

A referee is someone who knows you better and who can provide clearer picture of who you are in the sense of moral attitude and character.

A guarantor is someone who pledge something tangible on your behalf as a refund in case you default an official agreement.

I think you have clearer idea of roles both play on your behalf.

One provide support that you are either of a good attitude and character or not.

While,

The other one pledge something tangible to support you in case you default an agreement.

2 Likes

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 5:02pm On May 25, 2017
So does it mean that some of us that only wrote addresses of our referees without their working place address are on a long thing?
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by kratoss(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2017
Olowozain:
More insight:

Bros... Those two are different.... Can't you see you are being asked of your relationship with the refree on the portal? So if my local government chairman is signing for me i should put 'our chairman' on the relationship space?? Can't you see even principals and rectors can sign the form for you, what is your relationship with those? Abeg no dey form sabi n misinform others..

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by 007author(m): 5:26pm On May 25, 2017
Olowozain:

Once again, nothing like guarantor's form it is referee's form and it is the most significant part of the application.

Your ignorance is appalling.
What we have in the sight is guarantors form not referee form as you have wrongly prescribe.

1 Like

Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by piscesgem(m): 5:30pm On May 25, 2017
Iffffffy:
the "upload passport" option is not even loading at all

If u are not using chrome, I will advice u do...think it could be ur browser
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 5:37pm On May 25, 2017
raphafire:
So does it mean that some of us that only wrote addresses of our referees without their working place address are on a long thing?

There is no form that referee is requested and they won't ask of your relationship with your referee.

If you don't understand your relationship with your referees then how do you expect your referees to express their relationships with you.

Of course you must have relationships, something that ties you and your referees.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 5:39pm On May 25, 2017
kratoss:

Bros... Those two are different.... Can't you see you are being asked of your relationship with the refree on the portal? So if my local government chairman is signing for me i should put 'our chairman' on the relationship space?? Can't you see even principals and rectors can sign the form for you, what is your relationship with those? Abeg no dey form sabi n misinform others..

There is no form that referee is requested and they won't ask of your relationship with your referee.
If you don't understand your relationship with your referees then how do you expect your referees to express their relationships with you.
Of course you must have relationships, something that ties you and your referees.
Re: How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017 by Olowozain: 5:45pm On May 25, 2017
007author:

Your ignorance is appalling.
What we have in the sight is guarantors form not referee form as you have wrongly prescribe.

Please don't used abusive word on me. You need to work on how to differentiate from your left to your right before you should challenge me.

You don't even know that the form you downloaded after you locked your data is titled RefForm.pdf

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (158) (Reply)

Federal Road Safety Commission 2018 Recruitment: How To Apply / FIRS To Recruit 1,250 New Staff / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.