Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude (3404 Views)

Austin Eguavoen Quits After Qualifying Failure / Eguavoen To Be Sacked After U-23's Match Today / Eguavoen Proposes Europe Training Camp For Olympic Qualifiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

Until Siasia handles a Football team where he would not use overaged players to reach the finals and not win then i can consider him.
Don't compare Siasia to SAF of Scolari, neither of them use overaged players to play an age grade tourney
my answer is above

give him Super Eagles

Siasia was categorical in his words after the last U-21 debacle

he was quoted as saying he wont be coaching guys in age grade competitions again

so is he running from the challenge? NO

stereotype:

i don't think you watched the U21 WC in cairo, you won't be talking about passion and movement in the field of play
my previous posts have answered this

It is given for a team to lose, a coach to mess up and a player not to play well atimes
everyday isnt xmas

UTD didnt play well against Leeds UTD a 3rd division team
does that make SAF a bad coach?
NO
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by stereotype: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
OK, Let's give Siasia a trial AFTER the world Cup. I'm one who is up for giving someone another chance.

But i still maintain that if i'm hiring someone for a position, i look at his resume and concentrate on his recent job.
Technologies change, Tactics change, Management style changes to adapt to new developments. i'd like to know that my man can adapt to change and not stuck on his past glories.

Siasia is a good coach, but age grade tourneys don't cut it for me if that's all he has to show.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
stereotype:

OK, Let's give Siasia a trial AFTER the world Cup. I'm one who is up for giving someone another chance.

But i still maintain that if i'm hiring someone for a position, i look at his resume and concentrate on his recent job.
Technologies change, Tactics change, Management style changes to adapt to new developments. i'd like to know that my man can adapt to change and not stuck on his past glories.

Siasia is a good coach, but age grade tourneys don't cut it for me if that's all he has to show.
lets give siasia the chance to prove himself

i even want him to work with a foreign coach for like 4 years and then take over from him
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by honeric01(m): 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
Cyber coaches, i hail una oo

make una come show una skills for here abeg, me don tire to dey hear insults from una hand, even 8 years old boy go dey insult amodu and all our Nigerian coaches, if you know football that much, why not come and select your own worldcup winning team for here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382040.0.html#msg5321849

cool cool cool cool cool cool

i dey wait for una abi na only noise una fit make? grin grin grin
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by tnk24: 1:25am On Jan 16, 2010
The first 20/25 minutes the Super Eagles played against Egypt, I thought we have finally seen a new Super Eagles team, but alas, it was not to be. The few lapses I noticed with the team is in the defence, lack of passion or what else will one say of a team that was loosing with few minutes to the end of the game showing no hunger to equalise but rather it was the winning team that showed more fighting spirit which resulted in the 3rd goal, then the team lack tactical depth which is as a result of the quality of coach the team was saddled with.

I still cannot understand a coach who always find the pleasure of blaming his players each time they lose rather than honourably taking responsibility of the outcome of a match.

I belief a proven foreign coach is what the Super Eagles need. But if a Nigerian is to be considered, I think by popular poll conducted in the pass edition of Complete Sports, Samson Siasia is the most highly rated coach we have in Nigeria. For the fact that his team did not do well in the last U-21 championship, we should not forget that Siasia was not the original coach of the team, he only went there on a rescue mission, of course considering the limited time available to him, he is not a magician so he did his best in the short time available to him, the team did relatively well just that their goal scoring abilities let them down. What happened after that, he accepted responsibility and apologised to Nigerians, that is the hallmark of a great coach.
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by idifu(m): 11:10am On Jan 16, 2010
there is nothing special about Siasia ,he is a cheat he has been using over aged players. i know some of dem before they got to Siasia's team and i mean dis. believe it or not

1 Like

Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Str8talk: 12:19pm On Jan 16, 2010
SiaSia has lost twice on the final day (both against Argentina). That is not inspiring. Is it luck or incompetence?

In addition, he was clueless in Cairo. His team was leading 2-1 with about 20 minutes left
The other team had a man sent off
SiaSia's team conceded a goal even with this one man advantage. He could not even puch this draw into extra time
Shockingly his team conceded another in the 92nd minute to lose 2-3 without the match going into extra time or penalties

This is not tactical savvy required for the super eagles! Pure incompetence
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by ow11(m): 12:23pm On Jan 16, 2010
Str8talk:

SiaSia has lost twice on the final day (both against Argentina). That is not inspiring. Is it luck or incompetence?

In addition, he was clueless in Cairo. His team was leading 2-1 with about 20 minutes left
SiaSia's team conceded a goal even with this one man advantage. He could not even puch this draw into extra time
Shockingly his team conceded another in the 92nd minute to lose 2-3 without the match going into extra time or penalties

I tend to agree with this post
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by deb(m): 7:31pm On Jan 16, 2010
twaz Christain chukwu that lost the world cup ticket to Angola in '06 after Angola forced us to a 1 - 1 draw in KANO and hence having the world cup ticket in their hands.

the NFA sacked Chukwu then and gave EGUAVON the job for the last 2 games in which he scored 10 goals conceeding 1. 5 nil against Zimbawawe while Angola won their last to games and qualified.

my conclusion - Eguaveon is better that Amodu while Siasia is the best in Nigeria NOW!!!!!

Thank you very much for stating that fact
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by deb(m): 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2010

Did you watch those matches? Those are the kind of loses that you call gallant loses. You lose and you are still proud of your team

Have you asked yourself the question, how much time did he spend with the team before he took them to that competition?

If I remember, I think it was just 3weeks or so
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by tnk24: 10:52pm On Jan 16, 2010
deb:

Did you watch those matches? Those are the kind of loses that you call gallant loses. You lose and you are still proud of your team

Have you asked yourself the question, how much time did he spend with the team before he took them to that competition?

If I remember, I think it was just 3weeks or so

I will say that was an objective assessment of someone with proper knowledge of football
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by chelseabmw(m): 6:35am On Jan 17, 2010
;d ;d
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by Riodiao(m): 2:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Siasia is rubbish crap, bullshit. Over age and pure fluke. He neva take a team to d top again. Always losin when it matters most. The problem is nt Amodu, 9jerian players r WACKED. When ivory coast have players in stuggart, hamburg, sevila, chelsea etc. Nigeria have players in dynamo kiev, locomotive moscow, cska, portsmouth, isreali league, bolton reserves etc. What do u expect, no nominee 4 caf player. Nigeria should leave Amodu in charge till afta d worldcup. Lets nt forget how he was robbed afta qualifing 9ja 4 d worldcup and his job given to an ignorant primary sch teacher FESTUS ÖNINGBINDE. For dat sake Amodu should b compensated. I tink is high tyme nigeria consider our BEST EVER dèfensive midfilder, Sunday OLISEH AS COACH OF SUPER EAGLES. He's done well as manager in belgium and is a fantastic reader of d game. U can see and listen to him on BBC.- Don Tonyenovich(the best fm manager in nigeria)
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by deb(m): 6:54pm On Jan 17, 2010
Siasia is rubbish crap, bullshit. Over age and pure fluke. He neva take a team to d top again. Always losin when it matters most. The problem is nt Amodu, 9jerian players r WACKED. When ivory coast have players in stuggart, hamburg, sevila, chelsea etc. Nigeria have players in dynamo kiev, locomotive moscow, cska, portsmouth, isreali league, bolton reserves etc. What do u expect, no nominee 4 caf player. Nigeria should leave Amodu in charge till afta d worldcup. Lets nt forget how he was robbed afta qualifing 9ja 4 d worldcup and his job given to an ignorant primary sch teacher FESTUS ÖNINGBINDE. For dat sake Amodu should b compensated. I tink is high tyme nigeria consider our BEST EVER dèfensive midfilder, Sunday OLISEH AS COACH OF SUPER EAGLES. He's done well as manager in belgium and is a fantastic reader of d game. U can see and listen to him on BBC.- Don Tonyenovich(the best fm manager in nigeria)

Did you hear yourself?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by adeniyi334: 1:44pm On Jan 18, 2010
Hen, make him self go do the job now. When im dey there wetin im do?
Re: Eguavoen's Facts On Amodu's Ineptitude by swizzyt(m): 2:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
as for me oh, i dont think dis amodu is capable of coaching dis boiz undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Foootball Trials In Belgium,south-africa,spain And Nigeria / The Moment Tyson Fury Licked The Bl00d Of Deontay Wilder / Did Anyone See The Look On Uzoho's Face After The Game?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.