Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba (10553 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / If You Are Yoruba Please See This Before Rejoicing / N88bn compensation: FG yet to pay us — Biafra war victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 8:36am On May 23, 2017
Etogist:

Zik is nobody in Biafra land. He is neither a hero nor efulefu. Banjo is no Biafra hero rather a confirmed traitor(afonja).

Asiwaju just reminded me sef. What of ifeajuna who was executed with banjo? Was he a traitor too? cheesy

Azikiwe is either a hero or a traitor. The first recognized leader from the east can't suddenly become non existent. I'll go for traitor, what say thou? cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 8:38am On May 23, 2017
crackerspub:

hehehe even your moniker derserves ban grin grin grin

Don't mind the evil mods. Dem no dey fear divinity cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by biafrasun: 8:46am On May 23, 2017
they were just traitors and saboteurs in the biafran army leaking information to the Nigeria side.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Etogist: 8:47am On May 23, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Asiwaju just reminded me sef. What of ifeajuna who was executed with banjo? Was he a traitor too? cheesy

Azikiwe is either a hero or a traitor. The first recognized leader from the east can't suddenly become non existent. I'll go for traitor, what say thou? cheesy

We need no one to educate us on who is a hero or a traitor in Biafraland. We know our heroes and banjo is definitely not one of them. His treachery was even why we lost.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by crackerspub: 8:48am On May 23, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Don't mind the evil mods. Dem no dey fear divinity cheesy

They are nice to you sef, them don ban me sote i don forget monikers sef

I have changed moniker so many times, even some of ban get k leg. How you come ban person until 2090 nobi wickedness grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by ipobbigot7: 8:50am On May 23, 2017
Yoruba race has always played the role of a senior brother to the Igbos, they have proven beyond measure that they are the back bone for the Igbo tribe.

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 8:52am On May 23, 2017
Etogist:

We need no one to educate us on who is a hero or a traitor in Biafraland. We know our heroes and banjo is definitely not one of them. His treachery was even why we lost.

What of ifeajuna? Was he a traitor or a hero? cheesy

You really can't place azikiwe, the first indigenous governor general as a nonentity. That'll be cruel on Igbo history cheesy

Was he a hero or a traitor? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 8:55am On May 23, 2017
crackerspub:

They are nice to you sef, them don ban me sote i don forget monikers sef

I have changed moniker so many times, even some of ban get k leg. How you come ban person until 2090 nobi wickedness grin grin

The mod that did that is surely going to be used as fuel in hell fire by the grace of shuku okuko alawada cheesy

Ban till 2090? Were you the one that killed ojukwu? cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by crackerspub: 8:59am On May 23, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

The mod that did that is surely going to be used as fuel in hell fire by the grace of shuku okuko alawada cheesy

Ban till 2090? Were you the one that killed ojukwu? cheesy

I no know my brother grin grin

The worst part sef, i still they do the same thing way they cause me ban.

Na people mumu for nairaland they cause my ban, so any time i want to auto correct there stupidity with my words i go get ban grin grin grin

I go try your style, belike say e they work. Use one idol do my moniker. Like Timimosukula grin grin ;Deven Seun go fear ban me cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 11:34pm On May 24, 2017
Kc3000:
Soyinka never supported Biafra. He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project. He met with the great poet Christopher Okigbo in Enugu, and subsequently returned to Nigeria where he was jailed for visiting Biafra. This is according to Soyinka himself.

Re-ea-ally??! You don't say. shocked Please post the source and url of this your story, so we can read it and verify. The version that we heard concerning Soyinka's involvement in Biafra was totally different, o! sad

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 11:42pm On May 24, 2017
Kc3000:
These are some of the Yoruba that were involved in what they like to term "Igbo coup". The wicked will suggest that all Igbo should be held responsible for the actions of Nzeogwu, but Ademoyega's actions are solely his.
Of course, these guys had to fight for Biafra after the Biafrans freed them from prison. The northerners would have quickly executed them if they stepped foot in Nigeria at the time.

Who told you this tale? shocked Kindly post the source and links to this your story, so we can all read it and verify. Thanks as you comply. There are too many tales by moonlight, masquerading as fact on NL, whenever the civil war is being discussed. sad

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 11:45pm On May 24, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Good question!! cheesy I have always wondered how Ifeajuna's role would be viewed by historians. Was he a hero or a traitor?? That is the million dollar question. wink

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by pazienza(m): 1:15am On May 25, 2017
Nwakaumu:
Stop spinning that lie about fajuyi,he was privy to the initial coup that brought ironsi to power and notrher elements knew this he was even the reason ironsi was killed,his death was revenge killing by the north,he was already marked for death, not because he was doing anybody a kind of favour. between fajuyi and ironsi who do you think needed more protection at that time? Don't let lagos -ibadan expressway gutter media confuse you.yoruba are good at twisting stories.one of them here ve started saying it was Fkk and fayose bailed Nnami kanu when igbo Governors abandoned him.thats yoruba for you

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 1:20am On May 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

What of ifeajuna? Was he a traitor or a hero? cheesy

You really can't place azikiwe, the first indigenous governor general as a nonentity. That'll be cruel on Igbo history cheesy

Was he a hero or a traitor? cheesy

Zik was neither a Biafran hero nor a traitor.
He was a Nigerian hero no doubt about it.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by pazienza(m): 1:20am On May 25, 2017
Banjo was a traitor who killed the Biafran march to Lagos with his own selfish ambition of ruling Nigeria by plotting to usurp both Ojukwu and Gowon and rule a new united Nigeria, he was not a Biafran hero, he was a traitor, true to his afonjaic DNA.

Ademoyega was not a Biafran hero. He and Nzeogwu tried to be Nigerian heroes and failed.

3 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 1:31am On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Good question!! cheesy I have always wondered how Ifeajuna's role would be viewed by historians. Was he a hero or a traitor?? That is the million dollar question. wink

Ifeajuna was the face of all saboteurs in Biafra was indeed a traitor and valain.
In fact Biafran soldiers use his name to sing in parade and in training about how he sold his nation to the enemy.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 5:16am On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Zik was neither a Biafran hero nor a traitor.
He was a Nigerian hero no doubt about it.

Really?? cheesy

Let's break it down.

Igbos are biafrans. Azikiwe is Igbo or you wish to contest that assertion too?

When you say he's neither a hero nor a traitor to the region that formed Biafra despite being their first recognized political leader, are you implying he was useless in matters involving his Eastern homeland? In order words, are you calling him an efulefu or stripping him of his igboness?

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Nobody: 5:36am On May 25, 2017
Mr seun osewa and lalasticlala i thought there was a rule on Biafra on this forum...
it seems nairaland is now Nigeria Forum..
.what's up with Biafra post everywhere??
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 11:20am On May 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Really?? cheesy

Let's break it down.

Igbos are biafrans. Azikiwe is Igbo or you wish to contest that assertion too?

When you say he's neither a hero nor a traitor to the region that formed Biafra despite being their first recognized political leader, are you implying he was useless in matters involving his Eastern homeland? In order words, are you calling him an efulefu or stripping him of his igboness?

No body is stripping him of his Igboness but as I said earlier,Zik was not considered a hero in Bıafra,you can give it whatever interpretation as you like.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by CltrAltDel: 11:39am On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:

You are right, I better let them wallow in their ignorance.
Ignorance ... shocked shocked shocked shocked...hahahahahaha......kettle calling pot black grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 11:46am On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

No body is stripping him of his Igboness but as I said earlier,Zik was not considered a hero in Bıafra,you can give it whatever interpretation as you like.

Good you say he was no hero concerning the biafran cause. I agree with you.

By going to Lagos and even London to speak for Nigeria while his kith and kin were being slaughtered in a civil war with Nigeria, why are you afraid to call him out as a traitor to the biafran cause?

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 1:12pm On May 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Good you say he was no hero concerning the biafran cause. I agree with you.

By going to Lagos and even London to speak for Nigeria while his kith and kin were being slaughtered in a civil war with Nigeria, why are you afraid to call him out as a traitor to the biafran cause?

Zik was never officially declared a traitor or enemy of the state by our leader Gen Ojukwu neither was he at any time a declared a Bıafran hero.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 1:21pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Zik was never officially declared a traitor or enemy of the state by our leader Gen Ojukwu neither was he at any time a declared a Bıafran hero.

Really?? So ojukwu dictates the thoughts of every biafran? shocked shocked

He didn't also declare buhari an enemy of Igbo. In fact he saw him as a friend and they protested together against OBJ yet I'm sure you've hated buhari since a long time ago. Hmmmm

Anyway, enjoy bro
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 1:25pm On May 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Really?? So ojukwu dictates the thoughts of every biafran? shocked shocked

He didn't also declare buhari an enemy of Igbo. In fact he saw him as a friend and they protested together against OBJ yet I'm sure you've hated buhari since a long time ago. Hmmmm

Anyway, enjoy bro

Are you a mind reader to know that I hated Buhari?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by shukuokukobambi: 1:28pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Are you a mind reader to know that I hated Buhari?

My bad then. Apologies
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by paramakina202: 1:32pm On May 25, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

My bad then. Apologies
Apologies accepted!
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 1:56pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Who told you this tale? shocked Kindly post the source and links to this your story, so we can all read it and verify. Thanks as you comply. There are too many tales by moonlight, masquerading as fact on NL, whenever the civil war is being discussed. sad

Tale of what? That people involved or suspected to have been involved in Jan 15th coup were not going to be safe in Nigeria at the time? I think anyone familiar with events that precipitated the war simply understands this...do u need a source to know that Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu wouldn't be safe in Nigeria either? Feel free to disagree.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 2:07pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
Tale of what? That people involved or suspected to have been involved in Jan 15th coup were not going to be safe in Nigeria at the time? I think anyone familiar with events that precipitated the war simply understands this...do u need a source to know that Ifeajuna and Nzeogwu wouldn't be safe in Nigeria either? Feel free to disagree.

He who asserts, must prove. sad We do need a source in order to confirm if the comments you made, are just a figment of your imagination, or a true reflection of events that transpired at that time. Now, when are you going to post the links or url, so we can all read and verify?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 2:18pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Re-ea-ally??! You don't say. shocked Please post the source and url of this your story, so we can read it and verify. The version that we heard concerning Soyinka's involvement in Biafra was totally different, o! sad

Do a YouTube search of "Wole Soyinka speaks at Christopher Okigbo international conference Harvard University".

Here he speaks of his understanding of events surrounding the war at length. He states that he had hoped to meet up with some of the writers from Biafra at a conference in Brussels, but they didn't show up. Later on, at a meeting in London, some of the writers decided to send someone to Biafra to try and talk their colleagues out of the idea of Biafra...some guy named Aminu was going to go, but they decided his safety was not guaranteed in Biafra because he was a northerner. Soyinka decided to go...he recollects being called a saboteur by some Biafran soldiers and finally being able to meet Okigbo in Enugu, but Okigbo was already totally committed to Biafra. He went back to Nigeria and was arrested.
I'm not proclaiming every word that comes out of Soyinka's mouth to be gospel, but these are his own recollections. I'm also interested in hearing this your version of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra and your sources.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 2:39pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
Do a YouTube search of "Wolf Soyinka speaks at Christopher Okigbo international conference Harvard University".

Here he speaks of his understanding of events surrounding the war at length. He states that he had hoped to meet up with some of the writers from Biafra at a conference in Brussels, but they didn't show up. Later on, at a meeting in London, some of the writers decided to send someone to Biafra to try and talk their colleagues out of the idea of Biafra...some guy named Aminu was going to go, but they decided his safety was not guaranteed in Biafra because he was a northerner. Soyinka decided to go...he recollects being called a saboteur by some Biafran soldiers and finally being able to meet Okigbo in Enugu, but Okigbo was already totally committed to Biafra. He went back to Nigeria and was arrested.
I'm not proclaiming every word that comes out of Soyinka's mouth to be gospel, but these are his recollections. I'm also interested in hearing this your version of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra and your sources.

Oga, why are you just perambulating and dribbling around the issue? Post the source, link or url. Is that too much for you to do? Why are you embarking on a lengthy recital of an unproven or unfounded story? Was that what you were asked to do? shocked
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 2:41pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Oga, why are you just perambulating and dribbling around the issue? Post the source, link or url. Is that too much for you to do? Why are you embarking on a length recital of an unproven story? Was that what you were asked to do? shocked

Doing a simple YouTube search is too hard for you? Where can I find your fairytale of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra? You are not serious. Now buzz off...this is what I'm asking you to do.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by dammiecool(m): 2:56pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:

Doing a simple YouTube search is too hard for you? Where can I find your fairytale of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra? You are not serious. Now buzz off...this is what I'm asking you to do.
U r educating us here,pls post d link

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu's Claim Of Impeachment Attempt On Buhari, A Fabrication - Senator Misau / "Treasury Looters Have Eaten Nigeria’s Seed Of Growth For Breakfast"—tinubu / Yahaya Salauwa: All Abducted Kankara Schoolboys Have Returned, None Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.