Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba (10552 Views)

David Jemibewon: When I Remember Biafra War Killings, I’m Still Pained / If You Are Yoruba Please See This Before Rejoicing / N88bn compensation: FG yet to pay us — Biafra war victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 3:29pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
Doing a simple YouTube search is too hard for you? Where can I find your fairytale of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra? You are not serious. Now buzz off...this is what I'm asking you to do.

You see, it is so easy to decode those of you, who rely on hearsay to propound their theme of propaganda. cheesy Assuming this encounter you recited took place in reality, it shouldn't be hard for you to post all the links here, should it? Instead you are dancing around the issue like a fidgety schoolgirl, unable to sit in one place. You were the one trying to pass off your own version, as the gospel truth much earlier. Now for the umpteenth time, post the source or url to your own story here, so we can read and verify if you are actually telling the truth, or making up stories as you go along...
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by dealslip(f): 3:32pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:

Soyinka never supported Biafra. He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project. He met with the great poet Christopher Okigbo in Enugu, and subsequently returned to Nigeria where he was jailed for visiting Biafra. This is according to Soyinka himself.
Now I am convinced some of you guys are irredeemable, blatant liars. You will twist any tale to project the lies you want people to believe. Soyinka went into the studio to start making bold declarations on behalf of Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by dealslip(f): 3:35pm On May 25, 2017
biafrasun:
they were just traitors and saboteurs in the biafran army leaking information to the Nigeria side.

This is the reason why Afonja are very skeptical in joining you in any struggle. A couple of guys like you are so selfish. These guys just wasted their live supporting an erractic Ojukwu who wasn't convinced about a cause he started

1 Like

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by dealslip(f): 3:38pm On May 25, 2017
pazienza:
Banjo was a traitor who killed the Biafran march to Lagos with his own selfish ambition of ruling Nigeria by plotting to usurp both Ojukwu and Gowon and rule a new united Nigeria, he was not a Biafran hero, he was a traitor, true to his afonjaic DNA.

Ademoyega was not a Biafran hero. He and Nzeogwu tried to be Nigerian heroes and failed.
You are seriously sick.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 4:54pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

You see, it is so easy to decode those of you, who rely on hearsay to propound their theme of propaganda. cheesy Assuming this encounter you recited took place in reality, it shouldn't be hard for you to post all the links here, should it? Instead you are dancing around the issue like a fidgety schoolgirl, unable to sit in one place. You were the one trying to pass off your own version, as the gospel truth much earlier. Now for the umpteenth time, post the source or url to your own story here, so we can read and verify if you are actually telling the truth, or making up stories as you go along...

When you are done twisting and somersaulting, go and watch the video I assigned to you, where Soyinka with his own freaking mouth(which you call hearsay in your infinite wisdom undecided) speaks on the issue. However, since I'm in a generous mood and it's obvious you're making every attempt to resist the education I'm offering you, here's a link to another coverage done by BBC and Wole Soyinka.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/news/wole-soyinkas-return-to-biafra.html

Wole Soyinka's Return to Biafra.

Forty years ago, Nigerian writer Wole Soyinka travelled to Nigeria's secessionist Biafra region to try and calm growing tensions. The visit saw him thrown in jail, forced to spend 22 months in solitary confinement. Now he has returned to meet those who ordered his detention. The BBC's Mark Rickards accompanied him:

Outside the airport there is a line of black cars waiting, their tinted windows making their occupants invisible.

As we come through baggage reclaim there is a mad scrum and in the middle of it is Wole Soyinka, Nigeria's Nobel Prize-winning author.

I am surrounded by large men in dark glasses who demand I get into a car.

As we are not far from the dangerous Delta region of the River Niger, the thought of kidnapping flashes briefly through my mind.

Mr Soyinka climbs into a land cruiser, I am led to the car behind and we speed off with hazard lights flashing and sirens blazing.

It is the beginning of Wole Soyinka's return to Biafra.

Persecution

Wole Soyinka, affectionately known as "the prof" by many Nigerians, has been collected from Benin City Airport by a group known as the Sea Dogs.

Further investigation reveals that they are part of a fraternity set up in 1952 with Soyinka as one of seven founding members - hence the honour of a motorcade.

We are now heading for Asaba and the first stop on an emotional journey back to the civil conflict of 1967.

Back then Nigeria teetered on the brink of civil war.

The people of the east, referring to themselves as Biafrans, felt that they had suffered discrimination and persecution at the hands of the Nigerian Federation and their leader Odumegwu Ojukwu declared his intention to create an independent state.

Violent conflict seemed inevitable, and a group of Nigerian intellectuals then resident in London argued that someone should travel to Biafra to speak to Ojukwu and attempt to head off hostilities.

It fell to Wole Soyinka to undertake that dangerous mission to a jittery and volatile region.

He met with Ojukwu and later returned to Lagos.

Suspicious of his motives, the federal government imprisoned Soyinka on suspicion of his involvement in the sale of military aircraft to the east.

He was to spend 26 months in jail, all but four of them in solitary confinement.

Now he has returned to see both Ojukwu and back in the west Gen Yakuba Gowon, the former leader of the Nigerian Federation who authorised his detention without trial.

Wooden guns

We arrive in Asaba and the Sea Dogs drop us in the lavish palace of Professor Edozien, and from there across the River Niger, where in 1967 Soyinka had slipped through a loosely observed blockade into Biafra.

In the feverish marketplace of Onitsha, the town on the eastern bank, he remembers his first visit well.

"There came this group of very young vigilantes with wooden guns," Soyinka says.

"They handled those wooden guns as if they were real guns. It was a kind of portent of what was to come, of a people unprepared for war but with absolute faith."

Soyinka was arrested at wooden gunpoint and taken to Enugu, the capital of the self-proclaimed state of Biafra. Here he waited for the opportunity to speak with Ojukwu. Wole Soyinka and Odumegwu Ojukwu

When it came, Ojukwu was polite but firm.

At the time, he said he was representing the people, and it was they themselves who had pressed for secession.

Forty years on, he is blind and infirm yet fiercely unrepentant.

Soyinka guides him to a chair and he reiterates his position.

"If you want Nigeria, I do not think it is impossible - but you will just have to train yourselves into really believing the equality of citizenship," he says.

"If you are not prepared for it, forget Nigeria."

We revisit the Presidential hotel where Soyinka stayed.

He remembers the size of the rats in those days and feels that, unlike the rest of Enugu, the hotel seems to have taken a turn for the better.

We still choose to stay overnight somewhere else, leaving behind the long shadows of the past and the distant memories of oversized rodents.

Civil war

Returning to Lagos, Soyinka is concerned that Gen Gowon will pull out of the interview.

They have met before, but Gowon seemed nervous - understandably so, face to face with the Nobel Prize winner he slung in jail.

But confirmation comes through: Gowon will meet us at his house.

As we enter, he points out that Soyinka is spot on time in a country not famous for punctuality.

"We civilians have to teach you bloody soldiers about discipline," jokes Soyinka.

They talk through the background to the Biafran war and Gowon acknowledges the suffering that was experienced on both sides.

"No victor, no vanquished" was his theme at the end of the war and he is keen for Soyinka to know that he was serious in his intention to ensure that no-one felt excluded from Nigeria.

Soyinka points out that there were some terrible atrocities committed by federal troops.

Gowon accepts that this happened, although he says he was not aware at the time.

After all the horrors of the civil war, Nigerians need to forgive, he says.

Finally, Soyinka is ready to challenge him about his imprisonment.

Wole Soyinka and General Gowon"Ah yes," exclaims Gowon. "You were my house guest."

Soyinka tells him of the solitary confinement, the hardship, and Gowon seems genuinely surprised. "I had no idea," he says.

Soyinka breaks the sombre mood with a flash of humour: "Let me tell you publicly, if the boot had been on the other foot, I would have slung your arse in jail much earlier."

As we leave, the two men embrace and there is a palpable sense of forgiveness and relief in the air.

Wole Soyinka's return journey is complete, a journey not only back to Biafra, but also back to confront those whose actions 40 years ago placed him in solitary confinement.

It is where some of his finest poems were written.

The ghosts of Biafra can be found in the pages of his work, scribbled on scraps of paper as the terrible history of the civil war was itself being written.

Wole Soyinka's Return To Biafra is broadcast on BBC World Service on Wednesday 24 October at 0806 GMT.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/africa/7057098.stm
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Misterdhee1(m): 5:34pm On May 25, 2017
Henrodah:
We the Southerners have just one mortal enemy "The Huasa Fulani " from the core north and neighbouring countries bordering the north. But it seems we Southerners are so blind to see it... Instead we are arguing amongst ourselves who is superior or not! What has superiority done for us ?
Lol. Who told u yorubas give any Bleep about any mortal enemy? grin. We aren't Igbos, we don't claim victim in every situation. We will survive whether Nigeria stays united or not. And please stop calling us Southerners. We are westerners grin. We don’t want attache by force.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Dedetwo(m): 5:39pm On May 25, 2017
WhoRUDeceiving:
I wouldn't say Banjo is or was a hero, because he was very controversial. In fact the biggest of the Yoruba/Biafra Heroes that till date doesn't get much acclaim is Col FAJUYI, who stood with his Commander till the end, unlike most Yoruba and current Igbo politicians of today are doing for their own people.

I salute you sir

Arrant nonsense!!! This is the biggest fake news of mankind. Lt Col Francis Fajuiyi had absolutely nothing or any option during the arrest. The western regional government planted the rubbish propaganda in the publication of 1967 gazette. In fact, one of the biggest Yoruba heroes, if any, was Lt Col Ayo Arioyo who was second in command with 3MCDO during 1967 vandal offensive in Calabar. He resigned his commission in Nigerian army instead of fighting the Biafrans.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 6:29pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
Soyinka never supported Biafra. He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project. He met with the great poet Christopher Okigbo in Enugu, and subsequently returned to Nigeria where he was jailed for visiting Biafra. This is according to Soyinka himself.

Were you not the one who wrote this?? "He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project...." Yet, the excerpt you posted from BBC News website says something different. It says Soyinka met with Ojukwu to call for peace. So making peace moves translates into a call to abandon Biafra? Can you see how you people twist facts to suit your petty propaganda? shocked

Kc3000:
When you are done twisting and somersaulting, go and watch the video I assigned to you, where Soyinka with his own freaking mouth(which you call hearsay in your infinite wisdom undecided) speaks on the issue. However, since I'm in a generous mood and it's obvious you're making every attempt to resist the education I'm offering you, here's a link to another coverage done by BBC and Wole Soyinka.

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/news/wole-soyinkas-return-to-biafra.html

Wole Soyinka's Return to Biafra.

Forty years ago, Nigerian writer Wole Soyinka travelled to Nigeria's secessionist Biafra region to try and calm growing tensions. The visit saw him thrown in jail, forced to spend 22 months in solitary confinement. Now he has returned to meet those who ordered his detention. The BBC's Mark Rickards accompanied him:

Outside the airport there is a line of black cars waiting, their tinted windows making their occupants invisible.

As we come through baggage reclaim there is a mad scrum and in the middle of it is Wole Soyinka, Nigeria's Nobel Prize-winning author.

I am surrounded by large men in dark glasses who demand I get into a car.

As we are not far from the dangerous Delta region of the River Niger, the thought of kidnapping flashes briefly through my mind.

Mr Soyinka climbs into a land cruiser, I am led to the car behind and we speed off with hazard lights flashing and sirens blazing.

It is the beginning of Wole Soyinka's return to Biafra.

Persecution

Wole Soyinka, affectionately known as "the prof" by many Nigerians, has been collected from Benin City Airport by a group known as the Sea Dogs.

Further investigation reveals that they are part of a fraternity set up in 1952 with Soyinka as one of seven founding members - hence the honour of a motorcade.

We are now heading for Asaba and the first stop on an emotional journey back to the civil conflict of 1967.

Back then Nigeria teetered on the brink of civil war.

The people of the east, referring to themselves as Biafrans, felt that they had suffered discrimination and persecution at the hands of the Nigerian Federation and their leader Odumegwu Ojukwu declared his intention to create an independent state.

Violent conflict seemed inevitable, and a group of Nigerian intellectuals then resident in London argued that someone should travel to Biafra to speak to Ojukwu and attempt to head off hostilities.

It fell to Wole Soyinka to undertake that dangerous mission to a jittery and volatile region.

He met with Ojukwu and later returned to Lagos.

Suspicious of his motives, the federal government imprisoned Soyinka on suspicion of his involvement in the sale of military aircraft to the east.

He was to spend 26 months in jail, all but four of them in solitary confinement.

Now he has returned to see both Ojukwu and back in the west Gen Yakuba Gowon, the former leader of the Nigerian Federation who authorised his detention without trial.

Wooden guns

We arrive in Asaba and the Sea Dogs drop us in the lavish palace of Professor Edozien, and from there across the River Niger, where in 1967 Soyinka had slipped through a loosely observed blockade into Biafra.

In the feverish marketplace of Onitsha, the town on the eastern bank, he remembers his first visit well.

"There came this group of very young vigilantes with wooden guns," Soyinka says.

"They handled those wooden guns as if they were real guns. It was a kind of portent of what was to come, of a people unprepared for war but with absolute faith."

Soyinka was arrested at wooden gunpoint and taken to Enugu, the capital of the self-proclaimed state of Biafra. Here he waited for the opportunity to speak with Ojukwu. Wole Soyinka and Odumegwu Ojukwu

When it came, Ojukwu was polite but firm.

At the time, he said he was representing the people, and it was they themselves who had pressed for secession.

Forty years on, he is blind and infirm yet fiercely unrepentant.

Soyinka guides him to a chair and he reiterates his position.

"If you want Nigeria, I do not think it is impossible - but you will just have to train yourselves into really believing the equality of citizenship," he says.

"If you are not prepared for it, forget Nigeria."

We revisit the Presidential hotel where Soyinka stayed.

He remembers the size of the rats in those days and feels that, unlike the rest of Enugu, the hotel seems to have taken a turn for the better.

We still choose to stay overnight somewhere else, leaving behind the long shadows of the past and the distant memories of oversized rodents.

Civil war

Returning to Lagos, Soyinka is concerned that Gen Gowon will pull out of the interview.

They have met before, but Gowon seemed nervous - understandably so, face to face with the Nobel Prize winner he slung in jail.

But confirmation comes through: Gowon will meet us at his house.

As we enter, he points out that Soyinka is spot on time in a country not famous for punctuality.

"We civilians have to teach you bloody soldiers about discipline," jokes Soyinka.

They talk through the background to the Biafran war and Gowon acknowledges the suffering that was experienced on both sides.

"No victor, no vanquished" was his theme at the end of the war and he is keen for Soyinka to know that he was serious in his intention to ensure that no-one felt excluded from Nigeria.

Soyinka points out that there were some terrible atrocities committed by federal troops.

Gowon accepts that this happened, although he says he was not aware at the time.

After all the horrors of the civil war, Nigerians need to forgive, he says.

Finally, Soyinka is ready to challenge him about his imprisonment.

Wole Soyinka and General Gowon"Ah yes," exclaims Gowon. "You were my house guest."

Soyinka tells him of the solitary confinement, the hardship, and Gowon seems genuinely surprised. "I had no idea," he says.

Soyinka breaks the sombre mood with a flash of humour: "Let me tell you publicly, if the boot had been on the other foot, I would have slung your arse in jail much earlier."

As we leave, the two men embrace and there is a palpable sense of forgiveness and relief in the air.

Wole Soyinka's return journey is complete, a journey not only back to Biafra, but also back to confront those whose actions 40 years ago placed him in solitary confinement.

It is where some of his finest poems were written.

The ghosts of Biafra can be found in the pages of his work, scribbled on scraps of paper as the terrible history of the civil war was itself being written.

Wole Soyinka's Return To Biafra is broadcast on BBC World Service on Wednesday 24 October at 0806 GMT.

Story from BBC NEWS:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/africa/7057098.stm

We can all see that the somersaulting is coming from your side. The same Soyinka was jailed for visiting Biafra, o! You are so ungrateful, honestly. See as you have misinterpreted his efforts to broker peace, as an attempt to abandon Biafra! God dey! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 9:03pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Were you not the one who wrote this?? "He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project...." Yet, the excerpt you posted from BBC News website says something different. It says Soyinka met with Ojukwu to call for peace. So making peace moves translates into a call to abandon Biafra? Can you see how you people twist facts to suit your petty propaganda? shocked

We can all see that the somersaulting is coming from your side. The same Soyinka was jailed for visiting Biafra, o! You are so ungrateful, honestly. See as you have misinterpreted his efforts to broker peace, as an attempt to abandon Biafra! God dey! cheesy

There had been other delegations too from Nigeria that had visited Biafra to talk them out of secession. Biafra was not attacking Nigeria, Nigeria was intent on attacking Biafra, so these efforts to avert the war were towards convincing the Biafrans that we could continue as one nation...or Soyinka would have gone to Gowon instead to convince him not to invade Biafra. This is not to malign Soyinka in anyway, kudos to him for trying to proffer peace.

In any case, my objective is to prove that Soyinka never acted in support of Biafra, despite his imprisonment, as many claim. He has made this abundantly clear himself, and even this brief piece from BBC clarifies that.

It's a shame you've failed to provide us your version of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra, with your sources. Work on that.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 9:07pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
There had been other delegations too from Nigeria that had visited Biafra to talk them out of secession. Biafra was not attacking Nigeria, Nigeria was intent on attacking Biafra, so these efforts to avert the war were towards convincing the Biafrans that we could continue as one nation...or Soyinka would have gone to Gowon instead to convince him not to invade Biafra. This is not to malign Soyinka in anyway, kudos to him for trying to proffer peace.

In any case, my objective is to prove that Soyinka never acted in support of Biafra, despite his imprisonment, as many claim. He has made this abundantly clear himself, and even this brief piece from BBC clarifies that.

It's a shame you've failed to provide us your version of Soyinka's involvement in Biafra, with your sources. Work on that.

Making peace moves, does not translate into abandoning Biafra. You are the one twisting Soyinka's efforts to initiate peace, as part of a so-called attempt to abandon Biafra. You can only use the word 'abandon' when someone has offered you 'support' initially. Please show me in the BBC excerpt, exactly where it was written, that 'Soyinka abandoned Biafra,' to use your own words.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 9:10pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Making peace moves, does not translate into abandoning Biafra. You are the one twisting Soyinka's efforts to initiate peace, as part of a so-called attempt to abandon Biafra. You can only use the word 'abandon' when someone has offered you 'support' initially. Please show me in the BBC excerpt, exactly where it was written, that 'Soyinka abandoned Biafra,' to use your own words.

I agree, how can he abandon it if he never supported it. That is my entire point.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 9:13pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
I agree, how can he abandon it if he never supported it. That is my entire point.

Guy, you have just shot yourself in the foot! You claim he abandoned Biafra, not so? Show us the exact line in the BBC excerpt, where it was written that he abandoned Biafra. Abi, no be you talk am? shocked Stop digressing like a fidgety pregnant woman about to go into labour...!
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 9:16pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Guy, you have just shot yourself in the foot! You claim he abandoned Biafra, not so? Show us the exact line in the BBC excerpt, where it was written that he abandoned Biafra. Abi, no be you talk am? shocked Stop digressing like a fidgety pregnant woman about to go into labour...!

Maybe you have comprehension issues...I never said he abandoned Biafra. Go and read it again.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Cypmeni(m): 10:00pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:

cool
Nna yi mulu yi.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Cypmeni(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:

Simple, concise and succinct.

Aka m di n'enu.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 11:20pm On May 25, 2017
Kc3000:
Maybe you have comprehension issues...I never said he abandoned Biafra. Go and read it again.
Comprehension, kwa? cheesy Ok, let me refresh your memory...

Kc3000:
Were you not the one who wrote this?? "He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project...." Oh, you didn't use the word abandon when talking about Soyinka's actions regarding Biafra?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 12:44am On May 26, 2017
Cypmeni:

cool
Nna yi mulu yi.

Lol Ekelem gi nwanne.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 12:47am On May 26, 2017
laudate:

Comprehension, kwa? cheesy Ok, let me refresh your memory...

Were you not the one who wrote this?? "He visited Biafra on behalf of a group of Nigerian writers to see if they could convince their colleagues on that side to abandon the Biafran project...." Oh, you didn't use the word abandon when talking about Soyinka's actions regarding Biafra?

So, if I implore you to abandon your pointless ramblings on this thread, would that translate to me supporting you at any point?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 12:54am On May 26, 2017
Kc3000:
So, if I implore you to abandon your pointless ramblings on this thread, would that translate to me supporting you at any point?

Nah...you are the one that has been rambling on this thread. cheesy Everyone can see it. Now, do you still want to continue telling us about how Soyinka's moves to broker peace, was wrongly interpreted by you as a ploy to 'abandon' Biafra?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 1:04am On May 26, 2017
laudate:

Nah...you are the one that has been rambling on this thread. cheesy Everyone can see it. Now, do you still want to continue telling us about how Soyinka's moves to broker peace, was wrongly interpreted by you as a ploy to 'abandon' Biafra?

You've run out of steam bro, I've addressed it already and you're just desperately grasping at straws at this point.

Given your epic failure to simply provide us your own version of events or sources, I can only conclude that you have nothing to offer. So, I'm done with you.

You may have the last word.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 8:25pm On May 26, 2017
Kc3000:
You've run out of steam bro, I've addressed it already and you're just desperately grasping at straws at this point.

Given your epic failure to simply provide us your own version of events or sources, I can only conclude that you have nothing to offer. So, I'm done with you.

You may have the last word.

Nah, the only epic failure on this whole thread is YOU! sad I mean how can someone put a wrong spin on Soyinka's efforts to broker peace in the South-East before the civil war, by wrongly and deceitfully portraying his efforts as a bid to 'abandon Biafra,' like you did? shocked

You were called out on your attempt to put an illogical spin on the events that transpired at that time, and instead of owning up to the fact that you goofed, you started clutching at straws and trying to dribble your way out of your twisted stories. undecided The same Soyinka whose efforts you thrashed, was actually thrown in jail for 2 years for his efforts to make peace in your region. You owe Soyinka an apology! But you are not man enough to offer one, are you?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Firgemachar: 10:12pm On May 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
Awolowo's treacherous action rubbished other Yoruba's good deeds towards biafra.

My only joy is that he was duly served.

odddde flatiyeasterner!

We saw his grandson some days ago.

Where are zik and ojukwus's sons/grandsons in Nigeria today?
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 10:31pm On May 26, 2017
dealslip:
This is the reason why Afonja are very skeptical in joining you in any struggle. A couple of guys like you are so selfish. These guys just wasted their live supporting an erractic Ojukwu who wasn't convinced about a cause he started

True!! sad
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by Kc3000: 10:41pm On May 26, 2017
laudate:

Nah, the only failure on this whole thread is YOU! sad I mean how can someone put a wrong spin on Soyinka's efforts to broker peace in the South-East before the civil war, by wrongly and deceitfully claiming his efforts as a bid to 'abandon Biafra,' like you did? shocked

You were called out on your attempt to put an illogical spin on the events that transpired at that time, and instead of owning up to the fact that you goofed, you started clutching at straws and trying to dribble your way out of twisted stories. undecided The same Soyinka whose efforts you thrashed, was actually thrown in jail for 2 years for his efforts to make peace in your region. You owe Soyinka an apology! But you are not man enough to offer one, are you?

Lmao....dude, you're still tragically spinning out of control and your last ditch effort is to twist my words in a futile attempt to give them new meaning.

For the last time, as stated earlier, Soyinka, and even other delegates from Nigeria on separate occasions, had approached Biafrans to convince them to abandon the secession idea.

It's quite hilarious that you are desperately trying to save face by now claiming I stated "Soyinka abandoned Biafra". How could he abandon something he never supported, which is what I've been out to prove the entire time.

Obviously, you're simply trying to play stupid.
Re: Meet The Four (4) Biafra War Heroes Who Are Yoruba by laudate: 10:55pm On May 26, 2017
Kc3000:
Lmao....dude, you're still tragically spinning out of control and your last ditch effort is to twist my words in a futile attempt to give them new meaning.

For the last time, as stated earlier, Soyinka, and even other delegates from Nigeria on separate occasions, had approached Biafrans to convince them to abandon the secession idea.

It's quite hilarious that you are desperately trying to save face by now claiming I stated "Soyinka abandoned Biafra". How could he abandon something he never supported, which is what I've been out to prove the entire time.

Obviously, you're simply trying to play stupid.

Guy, am happy that everyone can read all the posts and responses on this thread, including your own. cheesy The only one trying to play stupid here, is just you. So clap for yourself. You are the one who shot yourself in the foot earlier on, and is now trying to save face. Stop digging yourself further into the hole you created. undecided But you don't have to take my advice, though.

Now, are you trying to deny that you did not use the word 'abandon' in relation to Soyinka's efforts to broker peace? shocked A person you claimed was trying to "convince others to abandon Biafra," must have abandoned Biafra before trying to convince others to do so, not so? Can you see how ridiculous your ramblings are? The same person who you have disparaged as convincing others to abandon Biafra, was jailed for 2 years for trying to broker peace in your region. If he had succeeded in his efforts, maybe 3 million souls on either side of the divide would still be alive today. Now, like I asked you the last time, when are you going to be man enough to tender an apology to Soyinka?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu’s 2024 Budget Speech (Full Text) / Tinubu's Claim Of Impeachment Attempt On Buhari, A Fabrication - Senator Misau / Yahaya Salauwa: All Abducted Kankara Schoolboys Have Returned, None Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.