Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' (1956 Views)

Pat Robertson Tells Elderly Woman: If You Tithe You Won’t Have Medical Problems / Pat Robertson Says Dinosaurs Prove Young Earth Creationists Are Wrong.. / Benny Hinn & Pat Robertson, The False Prophets Of The U.S 2012 Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Iyara(m): 5:33pm On Jan 14, 2010
Not sure if this thread has already been created. Moderators may put this where you you feel is appropriate.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

(CNN) -- Pat Robertson, the evangelical Christian who once suggested God was punishing Americans with Hurricane Katrina, says a "pact to the devil" brought on the devastating earthquake in Haiti.
Officials fear more than 100,000 people have died as a result of Tuesday's 7.0-magnitude earthquake in Haiti.
Robertson, the host of the "700 Club," blamed the tragedy on something that "happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it."
The Haitians "were under the heel of the French. You know, Napoleon III and whatever," Robertson said on his broadcast Wednesday. "And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so, the devil said, 'OK, it's a deal.' "
Native Haitians defeated French colonists in 1804 and declared independence.
"You know, the Haitians revolted and got themselves free. But ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other." Robertson has previously linked natural disasters and terrorist attacks to legalized abortion in the United States. Soon after Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast, killing more than 1,800 and wreaking unprecedented devastation on New Orleans, Louisiana, Robertson weighed in with his own theory.
"We have killed over 40 million unborn babies in America," Robertson said on his September 12, 2005, broadcast of "700 Club."
"I was reading, yesterday, a book that was very interesting about what God has to say in the Old Testament about those who shed innocent blood. And he [the author] used the term that those who do this, 'the land will vomit you out.' , But have we found we are unable somehow to defend ourselves against some of the attacks that are coming against us, either by terrorists or now by natural disaster? Could they be connected in some way?"
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by rotimy(m): 6:00pm On Jan 14, 2010
Voodooism is almost the official religion of the Haitis. I don't know much about their part with the devil but I pray that God will show mercy to the present generation!
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by chinedumo(m): 6:24pm On Jan 14, 2010
mercy is not the way forward but judgment especially if they specialize in the persecution of Christians
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jan 14, 2010
Pat Robertson is one of the sh/ittiest personalities to come on TV in america. WTF? That guy has somethin going up in his head. I mean. . . . it's so rare to find someone that old yet with the craziest thoughts. And to think he powers 700 club?
Methinks he's just a living proof of what disaster religion is to man. While others (even atheists) are pledging donations and seeking to help, Pat is doing his own thing
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Enigma(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2010
A lot of his fellow 'muricans' describe Pat as a 'nut'; indeed he can be a genuine twerp - as in this example.
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Mudley313: 4:11am On Jan 15, 2010
Haiti is similar to the rest of Latin America in that it is a predominantly Roman Catholic country with 80%-85% professing Catholicism and approximately 20% professing Protestantism. A small but growing population of Muslims exists in the country, principally in the capital of Port-au-Prince.

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture_of_Haiti#Religion_of_Haiti

pat robertson is a old senile hag religious con who needs to learn his history b4 spewing garbage out his filthy mouth, it was the time of napoleon bonaparte not napoleon III haiti courageously won their freedom from the french after 300 years of slavery, when pat robertson witnessed a whole country sitting wit an imaginary devil to sign a pact is beyond me, pathetic
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Mudley313: 4:17am On Jan 15, 2010
Voodooism is almost the official religion of the Haitis. I don't know much about their part with the devil but I pray that God will show mercy to the present generation!

mercy is not the way forward but judgment especially if they specialize in the persecution of Christians

stupid nigerians! in ur country where every corner is a church building why y'all still riddled wit corruption, unemployment, ethno-religious strife n now, a spot on the terrorist list inspite of all your oil? who cursed your land??
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by BellaRouge(f): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2010
I watched CNN for a few hours last night and had tears falling down my cheeks just seeing the severity of the disaster. There were dead bodies on the ground, injured people screaming for help and mothers crying holding their injured babies.  It was very a disheartening image. For Pat Robertson to simply conclude that all this suffering was as a result of the Haitians' "pact with the devil" is upsetting and appalling. What exactly is he trying to insinuate? That deadly natural disasters are God's wrath on evil and sinful people?  Is Robertson trying to explain to us why God does the things he does? Only God knows why such things happens. Did he not make similar comments about Hurricane Katrina and 9/11 attacks? Robertson's radical opinions are merely that- HIS opinions.

Assuming we were explaining the event from a scientific point of view, the 7.0 magnitude earthquake was caused by friction between two tectonic plates. Naturally, when high magnitude earthquakes occur, buildings collapse causing injuries and deaths. The tectonic plates did not decide to move because of the Haitians' "pact with the devil." Such events are called natural disasters because they occur as a result pre-existing natural hazard. Simple!

Since Mr. Robertson is well informed about the motives behind God's action, why doesn't he enlighten us by explaining why seemingly "good" people are suffering all over the world? Heck, I'm sure he'll come up with one of his theories as an explanation. There really is a fundamental flaw in his thinking.
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 15, 2010
come sha- why are these tectonic plates suddenly moving all of a sudden and within the same decade?

Indian ocean tsunami- tectonic plates

Haiti earthquake- tectonic plates

what other tectonic high risk zones are there, make I check say my village no dey on top of them
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:50am On Jan 15, 2010
Is Somebody Angry?

[flash=500,400]http://media.chick.com/tract_7.swf[/flash]
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by rabbitfoot: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2010
Am not surprised, the average christian is WICKED and SELFISH, you hear prayers like 'god bless me and my family, when the trumpet sounds let me and my family b caught up, etc, ' the preach love and forgiveness but the they are the greatest defaulters!

Haiti, we love and wish you super recovery, you'd raise again irrespective of what Xtians think kiss
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by rotimy(m): 1:11pm On Jan 15, 2010
Mudley313:

silly nigerians! in your country where every corner is a church building why y'all still riddled wit corruption, unemployment, ethno-religious strife n now, a spot on the terrorist list inspite of all your oil? who cursed your land??

Well. silly Nigerians like you curse the land since cursing seems to be your only gift and potential!
Re: 700 Club's Pat Robertson Says Haiti Paying For 'pact To The Devil' by Seun(m): 2:04pm On Jan 15, 2010

(1)

Xtians Can Someone Explain (trinity) For Me? / Compassion For Those With Suicidal Thoughts (from "a Divine Revelation Of Delive / God: An Atheist Perspective

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.