Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu (22079 Views)

FG To Stop Importation Of Petrol By 2023 / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback / 3 Modular Refineries To Begin Operations In 2019 — Kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by dfrost: 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
flyca:

You sound empty. Please keep quite.

Hi flyca, longest time.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Hydrolysis(m): 12:30pm On May 23, 2017
Story undecided
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by ellovee(m): 12:32pm On May 23, 2017
are you sure of being in office till 2019?
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 23, 2017
This man is very smart, he know that, by that time, dangote refineries would have commences. Bravooo
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Chiaka(f): 12:37pm On May 23, 2017
We don't have refineries in Nigeria (hardly reliable), people that are making effort instead of being encouraged and the energy channeled appropriately they are being victimized calling illegal refinery. They can be encouraged and schooled on running modular (small scale refineries) such refineries are common abroad. This country encourages no one. Little wonder Prophet TB Joshua is relocating to Isreal. He has seen it all!
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by sexy74(m): 12:43pm On May 23, 2017
Swiftlee:

https://www.today.ng/business/energy/297381/resign-nigeria-continues-import-petrol-2019-kachikwu
This man you funny ooh, by 2019 this government has expired, you don't have to tell us that you would go because we already know.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by emiye(m): 12:47pm On May 23, 2017
erico2k2:

But to be honest Dangote will not solve this problem, cos I see him selling petrol at same price as today so waht will be the difference.make we dey watch
The real problem is the forex pressure import of petrol is having on Naira.

close to 40% of Nigerias total import is on refined petroleum. If Nigeria stops importing petrol and other derivatives today, it is no brainer that the Naira will appreciate considerably.

1 Like

Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by higgs: 12:53pm On May 23, 2017
If Nigeria can stop importing petroleum products and rice,the naira will be greatly strengthened. Kudos to Kachikwu,he is doing well.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by flyca: 12:56pm On May 23, 2017
dfrost:

Hi flyca, longest time.
I don't seem to like you.

I carefully crosschecked, between the last time you quoted me and now, I have made at least 300 comments. Why do you choose to quote this post? Did I respond to you? Why do you choose to surface at times like this. Next you will flood my whatsapp making orders

Please steer clear from me!
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by chopmymoney(f): 1:10pm On May 23, 2017
Another Liarkachukwu.....must you talk.Even a fool is regarded as been wise by keeping shut at times.2019 will come and go
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by dfrost: 1:19pm On May 23, 2017
flyca:

I don't seem to like you.

I carefully crosschecked, between the last time you quoted me and now, I have made at least 300 comments. Why do you choose to quote[b] this post[/b]? Did I respond to you? Why do you choose to surface at times like this. Next you will flood my whatsapp making orders

3. Please steer clear from me!

Oops. I didn't notice that maybe because I don't monitor/count your comments. I didn't comment on your post just said "Hi". No. 3 noted. Will steer clear.

Have a nice day.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by abbey621(m): 1:28pm On May 23, 2017
allrightsir:

why are you shifting the goalpost and bringing me into the story, did I tell you I am bright, an i the one under scrutiny? You are the one who said fashola is one of the brightest and I can tell you for a fact he isn't! i will not be insulted as a Nigerian by being told fashola is one of the brightest Nigerians...it's a personal insult!!! Nigeria's brightest are either abroad or stay away from public life because of the kind of people that fill the terrain, the wikes, the Dinos, the fayoses, what you have left are average minds like fashola then fill the void and in a country used to mediocrity he is hailed as a genius.......for doing what?

If he is ome of the brightest let us see his performance as super minister, shebi that was the reason he was given the portfolio?

Fashola is a mediocre mind. Anybody will do well in Lagos because Lagos has money and the people are easily pleased because they are coming from years of lack. All you have to do is build shabby roads, speak english and shout eko o ni baje...all the while not signing cheques. Even that slowpoke in Ekiti will build roads in lagos if he had the money Fashola had.

Let him use his so called brilliance to tackle our power problem, we are waiting. A country needs 50,000MW right now, our capacity is 5000Mw and your super brilliant minister is talking about we will add power in increments of 1000MW. His brilliant mind has not told him that by the time he adds the 1000mW the population growth alone would have overtaken the 1000MW and we are back to square one! A smart man will say to himself, if we need 50000mw how we we add in increments of 10,000MW

Yeye dey smell, Abeg!!

Oga no need for epistle! Answer the simple question, if you found yourself in such a position, would you do any better? Fashola is a SAN, a very experienced public servant. He is not like the average politicians familiar with Nigerians. He has his flaws and shortcomings but do not criticize blindly, his flaws does not take away from his educational and professional achievements. I called him a bright mind because he raised the bar of excellence in Lagos state despite 40% of the income of Lagos going to Tinubu. I agree he is not the only bright mind and yes there are those brighter than him but I put it to you even the brightest of minds would become a nonentity under the current Nigerian political/governmental landscape! It takes much more than a bright mind to succeed in Nigeria, it takes guts, spiritual backings and lots of sleepless nights!
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by hacmond(m): 1:57pm On May 23, 2017
And guess what next THUNDER STRIKES cool
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by erico2k2(m): 2:09pm On May 23, 2017
emiye:
The real problem is the forex pressure import of petrol is having on Naira.

close to 40% of Nigerias total import is on refined petroleum. If Nigeria stops importing petrol and other derivatives today, it is no brainer that the Naira will appreciate considerably.
Ok why dont they allow the importers of these product to source forex themselves, and we concentrate on other forex needs and maintain our forex needs.I source forex myself, I have never went to the bank to seek forex.
This would give you an indication that all what they are telling us do not add up.
But then NNPC has no Biz importing petrol etc.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by smileyoo: 2:14pm On May 23, 2017
Apc govt is a lying govt. oga minister you 've not said anything special, its like telling me you 'll resign when your tenure is over.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by erico2k2(m): 2:26pm On May 23, 2017
allrightsir:

You assume that outside govt sources(Oil) forex is just there. Where else outside govt will you get the tens of billions of dollars required to import fuel? Id it from the forex ticket sales from your national carrier ..oh i forgot we dont have one, or maybe your rxports of cocoa, oil palm rice tomatoes...oh i forgot we dont export any agric products we import our food, surely it must be from our manufactured products we export around the world...waitaminute did i just say manufactured products?
I get what you saying but if I was the minister, my proposal would be in the short term, use crude to pay for refined product since the crude is useless to us atm.that will sure release pressure on forex.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by JERRY1925(m): 2:30pm On May 23, 2017
Swiftlee:

https://www.today.ng/business/energy/297381/resign-nigeria-continues-import-petrol-2019-kachikwu

but thats when we would have a change of government na...why not 2018...hmmm in Nigerians self...they just think we foolish... but actually we are...this would not be said in South Africa.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by onunwa21(m): 2:30pm On May 23, 2017
Who is sure of bringing APC back come cool2019
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by gbishman: 2:33pm On May 23, 2017
KAchikwu is a pride of the Nation any day any time.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by zemaik(m): 2:46pm On May 23, 2017
Na today? You will simply deny this statement then and your media assistant will say that you were quoted out of contest.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by erico2k2(m): 2:51pm On May 23, 2017
allrightsir:

they are already doing that it's called crude swap agreements

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/19/nnpc-finalises-6bn-oil-for-product-swaps/
And here we are.So teh question of forex based petrol will be over.But the should have resolved in giving the deals to those who have refineries.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by DJInfluence: 3:02pm On May 23, 2017
talking like he will still be the minister up till dat time. We know say the presido or the caretaker presido will still shuffle his cabinet soon. So this guy should not make noise.
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 23, 2017
`
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by highchief1: 3:06pm On May 23, 2017
Swiftlee:

most of u apc ppl will die before 2019 u are here saying u will resign.was that what u and ur miserable party promised?you are talking of 2019 useless clueless thiefs
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by highchief1: 3:08pm On May 23, 2017
gbishman:
KAchikwu is a pride of the Nation any day any time.
pride of ur village
Re: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 – Kachikwu by Davidbanky(m): 3:10pm On May 23, 2017
I'll munch it and tag you when it's 2019 ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olayinka Olayanju: Some Arrested Ibadan Hoodlums Linked To Makinde’s Aides / Federal Secretariat, Asaba On Fire / Senator Dino Melaye's Recall Will Start On Monday July 10 - INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.