Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) - Car Talk (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) (119909 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by stevedre: 9:13pm On Mar 15, 2019
Toyota Highlander 2003 model recommended engine and transmission oil info needed and how can I know when it's due for change.

Thanks.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Spectre81(m): 11:07pm On Mar 16, 2019
Nissan primers 2005 automatic.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by mystiquerebirth(m): 8:38am On Mar 17, 2019
Please what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for Honda City 2009?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Nobody: 9:39pm On Mar 17, 2019
Spectre81:
Nissan primers 2005 automatic.
If A/T: Nissan Matic D or any good Dexron III
If CVT: Nissan NS-1, but NS-2 appears compatible.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Chelseafan1: 6:53am On Mar 18, 2019
ebuks4ever:

Both the 4cyl and 6cyl engine Automatic Transmission need Type T-IV Toyota ATF

2005 Benz c230 Kompressor Sports

How much is it too?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by magikalz(m): 10:04am On Mar 18, 2019
Recently, I was traveling from Owerri to Lagos with a 2009 Camry Muscle. At around Delta, the car started smoking and i noticed it wasn't throttling dowm again.

i managed it for a while till i got to a town where i got a mechanic to check it. He said the gear oil was low so the tramsmission was vomitting oil on the hot emgine causing smoke.

The recommemded oil was not available so we cleaned and topped it with ABRO ATF and i moved.

The gear was shifting smoothly till i got to Okada in Edo State. The smoking started again and gears wasnt changing. i parked and got mechanic again.

Same problem - gear oil was bad. Recommended oil wasnt available. We had to flush the transmission completely and use Dextron III so i could continue my journey.

I drove to Lagos without further trouble but some days later as i was going home, I noticed the car wasnt speeding no matter how much I throttled.

The gear wasnt changing and my car was crawling. Could barely climb a small slope on the road. It had to be pushed to a safe spot for the night.

The next morning, I drove it home without issues then called a mechanic. The guy says I have to buy a new transmission. I really no dey buoyant now.

Please any suggestions on what to do? The car is parked right now but moves well. I suspect the problem might be solved if I use the right oil - WS.

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 9:11pm On Mar 18, 2019
stevedre:
Toyota Highlander 2003 model recommended engine and transmission oil info needed and how can I know when it's due for change.

Thanks.

Recommended engine oil is SAE 5w30
while ATF is Toyota Type-IV

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 9:18pm On Mar 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
Please what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for Honda City 2009?

I appreciate your help. Thanks.

Recommended engine oil is SAE 5w20 while
recommended ATF is Honda Dw-1
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 9:38pm On Mar 18, 2019
Chelseafan1:

2005 Benz c230 Kompressor Sports

How much is it too?

Recommended atf is MB 236.14
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 9:48pm On Mar 18, 2019
magikalz:
Recently, I was traveling from Owerri to Lagos with a 2009 Camry Muscle. At around Delta, the car started smoking and i noticed it wasn't throttling dowm again.

i managed it for a while till i got to a town where i got a mechanic to check it. He said the gear oil was low so the tramsmission was vomitting oil on the hot emgine causing smoke.

The recommemded oil was not available so we cleaned and topped it with ABRO ATF and i moved.

The gear was shifting smoothly till i got to Okada in Edo State. The smoking started again and gears wasnt changing. i parked and got mechanic again.

Same problem - gear oil was bad. Recommended oil wasnt available. We had to flush the transmission completely and use Dextron III so i could continue my journey.

I drove to Lagos without further trouble but some days later as i was going home, I noticed the car wasnt speeding no matter how much I throttled.

The gear wasnt changing and my car was crawling. Could barely climb a small slope on the road. It had to be pushed to a safe spot for the night.

The next morning, I drove it home without issues then called a mechanic. The guy says I have to buy a new transmission. I really no dey buoyant now.

Please any suggestions on what to do? The car is parked right now but moves well. I suspect the problem might be solved if I use the right oil - WS.

The problem right now is that the oil seals in the transmission have been affected. Using the right oil now might not reverse the damage.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Chelseafan1: 9:57pm On Mar 18, 2019
ebuks4ever:

Recommended atf is MB 236.14

How much and how do I know when it needs to be replaced. Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by bryanarchie: 5:04am On Mar 19, 2019
Recommended engine oil and atf for 2005 Honda EOD...

I just got it toks, do I need to change the atf and engine oil.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by dru23(m): 8:37am On Mar 19, 2019
ebuks4ever:

Recommended engine oil is SAE 5w30
while ATF is Toyota Type-IV

https://www.nairaland.com/5055276/contact-number-all-mobil-1
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by keytega: 9:20am On Mar 19, 2019
2008 Toyota avalon touring
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 1:54pm On Mar 23, 2019
bryanarchie:
Recommended engine oil and atf for 2005 Honda EOD...

I just got it toks, do I need to change the atf and engine oil.

Recommended engine oil is SAE 5w20 and for ATF (Honda DW 1)

For the transmission, check the dipstick and inspect the colour of the ATF. If pinkish then ok but if dark in colour, then replacement is needed.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2019
keytega:
2008 Toyota avalon touring

Recommended ATF is Toyota WS

For more info, you can reach us on 08100686696
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by amywonda: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2019
2007 bmw 530i
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by amywonda: 7:51am On Apr 24, 2019
What transmission oil can I use
amywonda:
2007 bmw 530i
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by idtwo: 4:56pm On Apr 24, 2019
Pls what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for these cars:
- Toyota sienna xle 2005
- Hyundai sonata 2009
Thank you.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by idtwo: 4:58pm On Apr 24, 2019
Pls what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for:
Toyota sienna XLE 2005
Hyundai sonata 2009
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 1:39pm On Apr 25, 2019
amywonda:
2007 bmw 530i

Apologies for the delay.

This is what BMW recommends for your car.
BMW 83 22 0 142 516, 83 22 2 152 426, or 83 22 2 289 720 (ATF3+);
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 1:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
idtwo:
Pls what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for these cars:
- Toyota sienna xle 2005
- Hyundai sonata 2009
Thank you.

Toyota Sienna 2005
Engine Oil - SAE 5W-30
ATF - Toyota Type-IV

Hyundai Sonata 2009
Engine Oil - SAE 5W-20
ATF - Hyundai/Kia SP-III
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 1:43pm On Apr 25, 2019
idtwo:
Pls what is the recommended engine oil and ATF for:
Toyota sienna XLE 2005
Hyundai sonata 2009

Apologies for the delay. See reply above.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by idtwo: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
ebuks4ever:

Toyota Sienna 2005
Engine Oil - SAE 5W-30
ATF - Toyota Type-IV

Hyundai Sonata 2009
Engine Oil - SAE 5W-20
ATF - Hyundai/Kia SP-III
Many thanks sir. What specific brand/type of SP-lll do you recommend?
Also what specific name of 5W,30 and 5W20 do you recommend?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2019
idtwo:
Many thanks sir. What specific brand/type of SP-lll do you recommend? Also what specific name of 5W,30 and 5W20 do you recommend?
The Hyundai SP-III are very scarce but a Mitsubishi SP III will also work
We recommend American Mobil1 for the engine oils
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ahckmedkosy(m): 10:37am On May 27, 2019
Please what's the best transmission fluid and Engine oil to be used for Toyota Avalon xls model 05/06.

ebuks4ever:

Recommended Engine Oil; 5w20
Oil Capacity for 4Cylinders; 4.2Litres
Oil Capacity for 6Cylinders; 4.3litres

Honda ATF-Z1 is recommended for your vehicle. However, this has been replaced with Honda DW-1 which is backward compatible.

So, use the Honda DW-1 Atf.

You could pick from a list of our products;
Engine Oils; https://www.mrparts.ng/collections/engine-transmission-oil
Gear Oils; https://www.mrparts.ng/collections/transmission-fluid
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ahckmedkosy(m): 11:28pm On May 28, 2019
Many thanks for the assistance. Just to double confirm that you meant Honda DW 1 Atf cos the car is Toyota unless you saying it doesn't matter the producer of the fluid. Also I have gone through your products but no how to know the engine oil best suited for my car. Much appreciated.
ahckmedkosy:
Please what's the best transmission fluid and Engine oil to be used for Toyota Avalon xls model 05/06.

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Bigsteveg(m): 11:59pm On May 28, 2019
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.

Hhh
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by AshipaEk0: 10:26am On May 29, 2019
ebuks4ever:

Volvo XC90 2004

Transmission oil and quantity
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Bettycars(m): 10:13pm On May 29, 2019
ebuks4ever:
What of Mercedes Benz E class 2001?

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by lordkenny(m): 5:58am On May 30, 2019
Audi A6 2003

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (35) (Reply)

"The Car Is Worth 100m, The Cloth Is 15k A Yard", Young Northerner Brags / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / 24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.