Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) - Car Talk (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) (119211 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Antibettings: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2022
aieromon:

Name and model year of vehicle? Do not attempt to flush, drain and refill is ok.

Ford explorer sport Trac 2002 model
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 7:37am On Jul 18, 2022
Antibettings:

Ford explorer sport Trac 2002 model

Ok, Motorcraft Mercon V drain and refill will work fine.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Antibettings: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2022
aieromon:

Ok, Motorcraft Mercon V drain and refill will work fine.

Alright thanks so much sir
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Stubborn82: 11:55am On Jul 18, 2022
Good day good people
I drive honda accord 2005, though I do not usually drive it like that. At least once in a week I do drive it.
Yesterday I drove it to church, on my way coming back home I noticed the D light blinking, then a reverse light shows up while driving. Before now, when I turn on ignition the D light shows up and goes off withing a second but now the light is blinking, some time it goes normal or not even show up at all.
When I reach home I do some research on Google, one of the cause was to check the ATF level which I did this morning, and truly the level was below the first hole.
Now, where I got lost is, can I add ATF or flush out the one that is inside and refill it with new one, because I don't know the fluid that was there before, and I don't know the previous owner as to ask him with ATF he was using on it.
Budget is tight right now, I want to know which fluid to buy in the case if I can get original dw1. Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 10:29pm On Jul 18, 2022
Stubborn82:
Now, where I got lost is, can I add ATF or flush out the one that is inside and refill it with new.

Budget is tight right now, I want to know which fluid to buy in the case if I can get original dw1. Thanks

Top up if fluid is red. If not, drain and refill with original dw1.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by phurlar(m): 12:01am On Jul 19, 2022
Please what’s the recommended gear oil for Toyota Camry 2009 model and price pls
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 12:21am On Jul 19, 2022
phurlar:
Please what’s the recommended gear oil for Toyota Camry 2009 model and price pls

Toyota ATF WS

Check online for price.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by phurlar(m): 9:16am On Jul 19, 2022
Toyota ATF WS

Check online for price.[color=#006600][/color]

Thank you very much..
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by TLisieux: 10:35am On Jul 22, 2022
Hello.
Can I use Toyota T IV ATF for my honda accord 2013. My mechanic said it will work for Honda as they are both japanese.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 11:41am On Jul 22, 2022
TLisieux:
Hello.
Can I use Toyota T IV ATF for my honda accord 2013. My mechanic said it will work for Honda as they are both japanese.

Please sir don't use it
Use original Honda fluid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2022
TLisieux:
Hello.

Your car is too modern to be left at the mercy of a mechanic with outdated knowledge.

The Ninth generation comes in three transmission types - manual, automatic and CVT.

4-cylinder engine - Honda HCF-2
6-cylinder engine - Honda ATF-DW1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by lordfalcao(m): 10:38am On Jul 23, 2022
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.
Please who knows the best recommend engine oil and gear oil for acura MDX 2010
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by lordfalcao(m): 10:39am On Jul 23, 2022
aieromon:

Your car is too modern to be left at the mercy of a mechanic with outdated knowledge.

The Ninth generation comes in three transmission types - manual, automatic and CVT.

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 11:32am On Jul 23, 2022
lordfalcao:

Engine oil - 5W20
Transmission - Honda ATF-DW1

1 Share

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by dru23(m): 12:24pm On Jul 23, 2022
lordfalcao:

5w20
We have it in stock plenty..... For 27k for now .. Price might increase due the weak naira......

We also have your ATF ... Limited in stock . Give us a buzz

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by lordfalcao(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2022
aieromon:

Engine oil - 5W20
Transmission - Honda ATF-DW1
thank you bro
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by lordfalcao(m): 1:01pm On Jul 23, 2022
dru23:

5w20
We have it in stock plenty..... For 27k for now .. Price might increase due the weak naira......

We also have your ATF ... Limited in stock . Give us a buzz
how much is the ATF
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by dru23(m): 1:09pm On Jul 23, 2022
lordfalcao:
how much is the ATF

Plz call the business line for more information.... We have it very limited... And we will no longer be importing them in

Call us at 0703 672 6481
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by akinsanya005: 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.

What is required for usage for Toyota Corolla 07.. and also, price range
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by TLisieux: 4:10am On Jul 24, 2022
aieromon:

Thank you very much.
I told the mechanic on phone not to use the Toyota T IV that I would get the HCF 2. The goofer still went ahead to buy 1 quart of T IV to top my Honda accord 2013. I was very livid with him. What can I do now? Should i do a transmission flush or should i leave it like that since the T IV looks similar to the HCF 2 as they are both red oils with almost same viscosity.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 5:29am On Jul 24, 2022
TLisieux:

Thank you very much.
I told the mechanic on phone not to use the Toyota T IV that I would get the HCF 2. The goofer still went ahead to buy 1 quart of T IV to top my Honda accord 2013. I was very livid with him. What can I do now? Should i do a transmission flush or should i leave it like that since the T IV looks similar to the HCF 2 as they are both red oils with almost same viscosity.

They are not SIMILAR angry

CVT does not tolerate abuse.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by TLisieux: 8:50am On Jul 24, 2022
aieromon:

They are not SIMILAR angry

CVT does not tolerate abuse.
So what do you suggest I do now?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by gbangban1: 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Pls sir recommend the gear oil of Lexus 470 2007 V8, thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
gbangban1:
Pls sir recommend the gear oil of Lexus 470 2007 V8, thanks

Toyota ATF WS
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by gbangban1: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2022
aieromon:

Toyota ATF WS

Thanks sir
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Stubborn82: 8:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Is there any difference between this two ATF, are they original, I have bn seeing this dw1 in many place and I begin to doubt if they are original.

How can someone know and identify the original, is there a sign on the container that one can find. I don't want buy something that will damage my transmission.

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by luuvv: 11:22am On Jul 31, 2022
Please what are the best Atfs for Nissan infiniti qx4?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 8:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
luuvv:
Please what are the best Atfs for Nissan infiniti qx4?

Nissan Matic D
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by encryptor: 8:13am On Aug 02, 2022
Hello gurus,

please which transmission fluid is recommended for Toyota Camry 2007 v6.
i changed my transmission unit 3months ago and i was not expecting that the ATF will be drained by this time. Any ideas what the issue might be?
I have not noticed any anomaly when driving except for the MAINT REQ light
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2022
encryptor:
Hello gurus,

please which transmission fluid is recommended for Toyota Camry 2007 v6.
i changed my transmission unit 3months ago and i was not expecting that the ATF will be drained by this time. Any ideas what the issue might be?
I have not noticed any anomaly when driving except for the MAINT REQ light

Maintenance required light is easy to remove. It is by pressing the button of the odometer when starting the car. Check YouTube for more details

Again, which oil did your mechanic used when the transmission was changed?

The oil to use when servicing the gear is Toyota WS
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by luuvv: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2022
Good day bro.
I want to know the best alternative to Nissan Matic J?
What is the best affordable atf for Infiniti qx4 jeep? The car manual specified either Matic D, Dextron lll or mecron. Matic Atfs are so expensive right now.

What's the current price for matic D and J?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by aieromon(m): 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2022
luuvv:
Good day bro.
I want to know the best alternative to Nissan Matic J?
What is the best affordable atf for Infiniti qx4 jeep? The car manual specified either Matic D, Dextron lll or mecron. Matic Atfs are so expensive right now.

What's the current price for matic D and J?

If you can't afford D, forget about J.

Go for good Dexron III subsitutes

Castrol Transmax DEX III ATF
Aisin AFW+ ATF
German Adler ATF
Mannol ATF JWS 3309

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (35) (Reply)

"The Car Is Worth 100m, The Cloth Is 15k A Yard", Young Northerner Brags / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / 24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.