Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) (119384 Views)

5 Things To Avoid Doing With An Automatic Transmission Car / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / Woman Pours Washer Fluid Instead Of Oil Into Engine, See What Happened (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 8:07pm On Jun 23, 2021
vacettetommy:
Please what’s the recommended gear oil for Toyota Matrix 2003 model and price pls?

Recommended ATF is Toyota Type IV
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
Dahreformer2666:
Kia optima 2013

Hyundai SP-IV
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 8:10pm On Jun 23, 2021
Folumade1:
i have a compass jeep 2008, that needed a gear oil change... really don't know which to use... i have an option of mobil ATF or toyota ATF
. those are the fuelling station near me. please advise

Mopar ATF + 4
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 8:12pm On Jun 23, 2021
julshairport:
OP. Please help me.

My car is Toyota sienna 2000 model.

After buying the car the transmission was working perfectly. But I decided to change the gear oil since i don't know for how long is there

My mechanic said we should use HOLTs.

But unthinkable started happening since then. The car will not move if I put it on drive and I have to warm it before it will pick and drive. And if the car is moving, it select properly with no problem.

Secondly I discover that after a week the gear oil will turn to very light and dirty brown color which means its no more good or rather very light to enable transmission.

Within 2months I have used 5L of Holts 4times and I was wondering why this problem. I remove the stick and to my surprise it was D2 or D3 they wrote on it. And after online research I got to know its Dexron II.

My question now.

Please with the way this gear have run over an expensive mistake of my mechanic. Is the gear still good?

Can I change to Dexron 2 now. Since I check and Oando has it.?

How many liters of the Dextron will gauge the gear?

Lastly. Is HOLTS also the same as Dexron 2?

Please am worried and need advice.

So sorry for the late reply. Were you able to resolve this?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by ebuks4ever(m): 4:58pm On Jun 29, 2021
Do keep your questions coming
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by deborsky(m): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2021
Please which transmission oil is recommended for Honda civic 2004. Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by herbeguner82: 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2021
Please, what are the best transmission oil for land rover LR3 2007, V8 . Kindly let me know asap Thanks
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 4:28pm On Jul 21, 2021
ebuks4ever:
Do keep your questions coming

For camry 2006 13 pin transmission, how many liters of Toyota type t-iv ATF fluid is needed?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by gadgetplanetng: 8:42pm On Jul 21, 2021
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.

What brand of JWS 3309 can I easily get here
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Musty4ahmed1: 9:57am On Jul 24, 2021
Please which ATF do you recommend for Toyota Camry 2000? Tnx
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 10:57am On Jul 24, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Please which ATF do you recommend for Toyota Camry 2000? Tnx

I was using oando dextron 11or 111.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Musty4ahmed1: 1:02pm On Jul 24, 2021
Dozieson:

I was using oando dextron 11or 111.
Tnx, since I brought the car for six months now, I have not change the oil, the transmission is running smooth, I don't know the history of the car, is it safe to change the oil now, or I leave it, I don't know when the previous owner last change it. Tnx
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 5:46pm On Jul 24, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Tnx, since I brought the car for six months now, I have not change the oil, the transmission is running smooth, I don't know the history of the car, is it safe to change the oil now, or I leave it, I don't know when the previous owner last change it. Tnx

Ask the previous owner . Let him/her tell you the history. I do change mine once in a year
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Musty4ahmed1: 10:38am On Jul 25, 2021
Dozieson:

Ask the previous owner . Let him/her tell you the history. I do change mine once in a year
Tnx. Please what contributed to the damage of your transmission? I discovered it was after you serviced it that it got damaged. You later sold the car to buy another Camry 2000?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 12:20pm On Jul 25, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Tnx. Please what contributed to the damage of your transmission? I discovered it was after you serviced it that it got damaged. You later sold the car to buy another Camry 2000?

My transmission got damaged when a mechanic removed and serviced inner cv cup o so. Oil was leaking and I was not aware.
I replaced the transmission and started servicing with oando dextron 11 and 111
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Musty4ahmed1: 1:29pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dozieson:

My transmission got damaged when a mechanic removed and serviced inner cv cup o so. Oil was leaking and I was not aware.
I replaced the transmission and started servicing with oando dextron 11 and 111
Ok. Good. Why I asked is that I saw your advert for the sale of your camry in May this year.

Please how many litre of dextronIII did you use? And how much did you buy the oando product please. Thanks for your guide
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 3:00pm On Jul 25, 2021
Musty4ahmed1:
Ok. Good. Why I asked is that I saw your advert for the sale of your camry in May this year.

Please how many litre of dextronIII did you use? And how much did you buy the oando product please. Thanks for your guide

3.5 to 4 litres. Price should be about 6k for the 4 litres. I replaced the transmission in 2016. I bought another car so I let it go after 8 years
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Musty4ahmed1: 3:08pm On Jul 25, 2021
Dozieson:

3.5 to 4 litres. Price should be about 6k for the 4 litres. I replaced the transmission in 2016. I bought another car so I let it go after 8 years
Ok. Tnx. I appreciate
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by danny34(m): 4:25am On Jul 27, 2021
Good morning, please what is the recommended Transmission fluid for 2002 C200 KOMPRESSOR?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Cotonou12: 6:34pm On Aug 19, 2021
Avalon 2002 started dragging and delaying before changing gear this evening as I was driving home

Please help so I will know where to start from tomorrow
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Phargbemmy(m): 7:53am On Oct 15, 2021
Please advise is needed after reading through this thread. My elder bro uses Mobil XHP to service his Honda Civic 2006 model and uses the Dexron 111 for his gear. Please is this the best combinations?
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 10:50am On Oct 15, 2021
Phargbemmy:
Please advise is needed after reading through this thread. My elder bro uses Mobil XHP to service his Honda Civic 2006 model and uses the Dexron 111 for his gear. Please is this the best combinations?

Your brother better remove that dexron 111 and use Honda CVT fluid

See link below

https://www.nairaland.com/6585841/2006-honda-city-transmission-vibration
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by petrusevents(m): 11:26am On Oct 16, 2021
whats the best oil ( engine and gear )for honda accord 99 v6.
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by DrLivzy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
Good day house. I use a corolla 2005 and uses Oando gear oil for the transmission. I usually hear people talk about Toyota type iv as recommendation for a corolla 2005. Is the Oando suitable or i should change to de Toyota type iv?
Thanks!
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Please which gear oil can be used for a Honda babyboy
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kaybaba5(m): 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
I just bought t 4 atf toyota product for my camry 2000. Hope its ok

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by nairaandkobo: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2021
What is the difference?

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 9:46pm On Nov 13, 2021
Kaybaba5:
I just bought t 4 atf toyota product for my camry 2000. Hope its ok

What is written on its dip stick? Mine is dexron 111
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Dozieson(m): 9:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
nairaandkobo:
What is the difference?

My brother I which to know too. Those sellers will tell you they are the same. They even told me there is no fake
Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kaybaba5(m): 9:03am On Nov 14, 2021
Dozieson:

What is written on its dip stick? Mine is dexron 111

I contacted gurus in the house snd daid tiv is good and can lsst upto one year and abovd but if i used oando dex3 i might change every 6 months. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/1177522/which-best-automatic-transmission-fluid

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kaybaba5(m): 9:04am On Nov 14, 2021
DrLivzy:
Good day house. I use a corolla 2005 and uses Oando gear oil for the transmission. I usually hear people talk about Toyota type iv as recommendation for a corolla 2005. Is the Oando suitable or i should change to de Toyota type iv?
Thanks!
Pls change to tiv though its costly

1 Like

Re: Let's Talk About Automatic Transmission Fluid (gear Oil) by Kdude: 7:22pm On Dec 23, 2021
ebuks4ever:
Do you need help with the fluid for your Automatic Transmission?
Drop details of your car and we will recommend the right oil for you.

Permit me, I didn't get to see my car model having tried to read:

Hyundai Accent 2013, 1.6L, Automatic Gear.
What transmission fluid is easily found in the market that can work perfectly well for it?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (35) (Reply)

"The Car Is Worth 100m, The Cloth Is 15k A Yard", Young Northerner Brags / 4-cylinder Engine Vs 6-cylinder Engine / 24 Most Expensive Cars Found On The Streets Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.