Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically (6570 Views)

Top Ten Things That Will Happen When Nigeria Is Restructured / Where Would The Regional Headquarters Be Cited In A Restructured Nigeria / A Restructured Nigeria: How It Should Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 2:58pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
North central is the food basket

North west, north east and south east, I don't even know what they contribute to this nation

Who are the major importers who generate excise duties for the Lagos ports? Kenyans?
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Who are the major importers who generate excise duties for the Lagos ports? Kenyans?
lol

So wrecking our economy with importation is what south east contributes?

Good to know

Is the port in south east by the way?

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Ogalanyachieze: 3:16pm On May 23, 2017
postmann:

grin grin grin

You're getting unnecessarily worked up over a mere individual outlook the entire northern region is dominated by the hausa/fulani even though other smaller tribes are scantily distributed across the entire region.

And they (The North) always presented themselves as a single unit when it comes to their advantage but otherwise split themselves whent it comes to political appointments, eg. the recent allocation of principal positions in both houses of assembly.

I would have given much thought to your critic if you held any objections on the economic potentials of each region as outlined in the topic.

But your objection leans more towards politics than economy.
no rather ur position is more political than economical. If you lumped then together for cultural tribal homogeneity, how does that help then to be economically viable if not for politics. Will they have a single northern govt or three according to the current number of zones?

2 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Ogalanyachieze: 3:22pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
lol

Good to know

importation is the results of a wrecked economy not the other way a restructured nigeria will see lots of ports especially the ss. The se will thrive on tech and manufacturin and industrial revolution and not on importations. We are only into importations cos of bad nigerian political subjugation that has suppressed our technological instincts and genius

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
lol

Good to know

Every nation imports my dear. Importation has never been bad; it is the inability to match it with exports which Nigeria has failed to do that is the problem.
And u cannot seperate an Igbo man from the South-East. We are one entity. The seaport in Lagos is it Yoruba people who built it or maintain it? Did Yoruba folks put the Water there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 23, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
importation is the results of a wrecked economy not the other way a restructured nigeria will see lots of ports especially the ss. The se will thrive on tech and manufacturin and industrial revolution and not on importations. We are only into importations cos of bad nigerian political subjugation that has suppressed our technological instincts and genius
Maduawuchukwu:

Every nation imports my dear. Importation has never been bad; it is the inability to match it with exports which Nigeria has failed to do that is the problem.
And u cannot seperate an Igbo man from the South-East. We are one entity. The seaport in Lagos is it Yoruba people who built it or maintain it? Did Yoruba folks put the Water there?
first thing first?

Its a huge huge myth that ibos control the port. Industries control port, and yorubas control industries.
Importing spare parts or rice from china doesn't represent a quarter of what goes on at the port.

E.g,almost all industries imports raw materials, through lands and water. The e-commerce industries are the biggest importers of electronics/technologies into the country (e.g jumia, konga, jiji etc) I don't remember igbos owing those e-commerce sites.

The bolded statement, you didn't think it through before you bloated it out did you?

Did south south plant the oil there that they call everyone parasites?
Are they the ones maintaining the oil wells?
The taxes from the port, is it going to south east or stays in lagos?
Seriously?

11 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
first thing first?

Its a huge huge myth that ibos control the port. Industries control port, and yorubas controls industries.
Importing spare parts or rice from china doesn't represent a quarter of what goes on at the port.

E.g,almost all industries imports raw materials, through lands and water. The e-commerce industries are the biggest importers of electronics/technologies into the country (e.g jumia, konga, jiji etc) I don't remember igbos owing those e-commerce sites.

The bolded statement, you didn't think it through before you bloated it out did you?

Seriously?

You are funny. For your information most goods that come through the ports are consumables and other things Nigerians make use of right away like Vehicles and other machineries. Is it not the Igbo who are mainly into that business? If most of the imports into this country were for industries then Naija would be developed by now. And Yoruba do not control industry. Most of the industries in the Lagos Ogun, Ibadan corridor are foreign owned and not Yoruba owned. Please go and research.

1 Like

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 8:37pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
first thing first?

Its a huge huge myth that ibos control the port. Industries control port, and yorubas controls industries.

Seriously?

Don't mind these clowns. They aren't even the largest contributors to port revenues lol. We've done justice to it here and I'll pull it out soon.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

You are funny. For your information most goods that come through the ports are consumables and other things Nigerians make use of right away like Vehicles and other machineries. Is it not the Igbo who are mainly into that business? If most of the imports into this country were for industries then Naija would be developed by now. And Yoruba do not control industry. Most of the industries in the Lagos Ogun, Ibadan corridor are foreign owned and not Yoruba owned. Please go and research.
name 10 famous (emphasis on famous, before you start quoting ikeduba and sons for me) cheesy industry in nigeria controlled by foreigners?

Apart from dangote who means a lot to us yorubas than every igbos in lagos put together.

It will be nice to tell us how this automobile is controlled by igbo and bring facts to back it up.
We all know igbos love saying shit like that to make themselves feel important, like we develop ghana, lagos, china south africa etc. We all its a big lie.

By the way, you still haven't told us what south east contributes to nigeria.
What comes from south east exactly?

Oil from south south
Agriculture from north central
Port and industries from south west

South east, north east, north west?

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Don't mind these clowns. They aren't even the largest contributors to port revenues lol. We've done justice to it here and I'll pull it out soon.
please do
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 8:46pm On May 23, 2017

9 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Amberon: 8:48pm On May 23, 2017
No sir. The constitution recognizes six geopolitical region and the restructuring will be based on the six regions.
Odingo1:
Your write up did not make any sense tongue tongue tongue, you lump the entire North together and divide the South into SE/SS/SW.
Is that restructuring to you , What we have in Nigeria as recognized by the constitution is Eastern, Northern and Western Nigeria, the restructuring will be based on this regions.

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by ODVanguard: 8:53pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

This is the list of major Nigerian imports and their worth -- before some people come and claim that their substandard imported merchanise constitute the bulk of the revenues generated via SW ports.

Refined petroleum- 15% ($7.83-billion)
Cars- 3.4% ($1.75-billion)
Wheat - 2.8% ($1.46-billion)
Packaged medicaments - 1.4% ($752-million)
Rice - 1.4% ($706-million)
Concentrated Milk - 1.3% ($679-million)
Raw Sugar - 1.3% ($668-million)
Malt extract- 0.84% ($441-million)

Sources:
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visualize/tree_map/hs92/import/nga/all/show/2014/

10 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Justiceleague1: 8:59pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
first thing first?

Seriously?

so in your sophisticated and enlightened mind,tax and revenue generated from FEDERAL ports in lagos stays in lagos,huh?
Chai!
So much for garri school sophistication!

maduawuchukwu,pls help me stop laffing o.....i read his post loud now i can't stop my cat from laffing! grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2017
MetaHuman:
name 10 famous (emphasis on famous, before you start quoting ikeduba and sons for me) cheesy industry in nigeria controlled by foreigners?

Apart from dangote who means a lot to us yorubas than every igbos in lagos put together.

It will be nice to tell us how this automobile is controlled by igbo and bring facts to back it up.
We all know igbos love saying shit like that to make themselves feel important, like we develop ghana, lagos, china south africa etc. We all its a big lie.

By the way, you still haven't told us what south east contributes to nigeria.
What comes from south east exactly?

Oil from south south
Agriculture from north central
Port and industries from south west

South east, north east, north west?

Baba go and sit down. How many industries in that corridor are owned by the Yoruba? Is it Nestlé or PZ or Dangote firms? The Igbo contribute a huge if not the hugest part or Nigeria's custom duties. Deny all you want u still know the truth. Is it the Igbo fault that there are no functioning ports in the south-south that can bring in their goods?

1 Like

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 23, 2017
Justiceleague1:

so in your sophisticated and enlightened mind,tax and revenue generated from FEDERAL ports in lagos stays in lagos,huh?
Chai!
So much for garri school sophistication!

maduawuchukwu,pls help me stop laffing o.....i read his post loud now i can't stop my cat from laffing! grin grin grin
lagos make huge percentage from the port, same way south south make much from their oyel.

Use your brain if you have any in that your flat head cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 23, 2017
[s]
Maduawuchukwu:

Baba go and sit down. How many industries in that corridor are owned by the Yoruba? Is it Nestlé or PZ or Dangote firms? The Igbo contribute a huge if not the hugest part or Nigeria's custom duties. Deny all you want u still know the truth. Is it the Igbo fault that there are no functioning ports in the south-south that can bring in their goods?
[/s]
Lol reading hard your flat head init? cheesy

9 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:05pm On May 23, 2017
ODVanguard:

This is the list of major Nigerian imports and their worth -- before some people come and claim that their substandard imported merchanise constitute the bulk of the revenues generated via SW ports.

Refined petroleum- 15% ($7.83-billion)
Cars- 3.4% ($1.75-billion)
Wheat - 2.8% ($1.46-billion)
Packaged medicaments - 1.4% ($752-million)
Rice - 1.4% ($706-million)
Concentrated Milk - 1.3% ($679-million)
Raw Sugar - 1.3% ($668-million)
Malt extract- 0.84% ($441-million)

Sources:
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/visualize/tree_map/hs92/import/nga/all/show/2014/

Lol. So who is Nigeria's most pronounced oil importer? Who are those who import medicine some of which u guys call fake drugs? Who import the cars? Who import the rice? U guys are just bragging over nothing. Yoruba treat the Hausa people in Lagos like scum why aren't the Igbo pple treated the same way? I know u know the reaon why.

1 Like

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 9:18pm On May 23, 2017
I got caught by this bloody anti spambot lol. What if it were a serious argument? folks would have been thinking I ran away lol
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 23, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
imagine what you just wrote. (1Cultural) which culture did you use as yardstick ? The north has more heterogenous culture than south. (2 tribal ) it still has more tribes scattered all over the north. Moreover ur write up was not about tribe or culture its is suppose to be purely economical how come you ended up presenting the north from a cultural view in mind while presenting the south from economic angle. If culture is why the north thrive why did you not include tourism as one of thier economic strength. When next you attemp this thread do your research well dont come to a public forum to insult intelligence. There are very well knowledgable people here. Thank me later

Tourism as Economic strenght of the north? I must be dreaming....
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 9:28pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. So who is Nigeria's most pronounced oil importer? Who are those who import medicine some of which u guys call fake drugs? Who import the cars? Who import the rice? U guys are just bragging over nothing. Yoruba treat the Hausa people in Lagos like scum why aren't the Igbo pple treated the same way? I know u know the reaon why.

Oh! Y'all are now the largest importers of oil? Brehehe cheesy grin

Elizade owned by Michael Ade Ojo is the largest importer of cars in Nigeria followed by Stallion group owned by a Dubai based billionaire, then Coscharis and CFAO.

And where in the chart did you see drugs being among the most imported products lol. You always argue Cobhams-ly without facts cheesy

You go dey pull out nonsense like say na your fellow Igbos you dey argue with

Go sleep jor

10 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 9:36pm On May 23, 2017
Speaking of industries owned by Yorubas, there are many of them. But due to the high presence of Chinese and Indian owned industries along that corridor, it's hard to compile a list. Off the top, I know

Honeywell-Oba Otudeko
AALD- Ola Rosiji
Coleman Cables- Onofowokan
Amide Clay- Toyin Adeyinka
Rites foods - Saleem Adegunwa

Many of them attended the last Ogun investment summit and they were among those who spoke. I might just compile a proper list one of these days

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:37pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Oh potopoto people are now the largest importers of oil? Brehehe cheesy grin

Elizade owned by Michael Ade Ojo is the largest importer of cars in Nigeria followed by Stallion group owned by a Dubai based billionaire, then coscharis and CFAO.

And where in the chart did you see drugs being among the most imported products lol. You always argue Cobhams-ly without facts cheesy

You like to dey pull nonsense out of your yansh like say na your fellow Igbos you dey argue with

Kosi dànù jor

Na wa o. Did u see me insult Yoruba people? Why are u insulting Igbo people then? Better stop this ur hate. I assume that u are in ur 20's at least so stop it now before it consumes u.
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by ODVanguard: 9:39pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Guy, you must think you are talking to one of your ignorant brethren. Abeg who are the 'pronounced' igbo oil importers? NNPC is the country's largest oil importer, followed by the likes of ConOil, Forte, and Oando. These are the biggest and most pronounced oil importers in Nigeria. Ifeanyi Uba's tank farm only serves as storage for NNPC oil imports after they have arrived Nigeria. How many fuel distribution stations does Capital Oil have nationwide compared to the Oando, Forte, ConOils of Nigeria?? Also pray tell who these prominent Igbo car and rice importers that are bigger than the Yorubas are? Abi dem no get name?

10 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 9:41pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Na wa o. Did u see me insult Yoruba people? Why are u insulting Igbo people then? Better stop this ur hate. I assume that u are in ur 20's at least so stop it now before it consumes u.

Na today you don dey use style diss Yoruba people? Acting like this is the first time I'm seeing your moniker. You remind me of a particular mod and one other babe here lol but that one is story for another day

Duuurh If I'm in 20s nko? And no, it's not hate, it's e-bullet lol. Next time, chest it like a soldier cool

And stop trying to digress. Stick to the topic please.

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 9:45pm On May 23, 2017
And this

Yoruba treat the Hausa people in Lagos like scum why aren't the Igbo pple treated the same way?

I'm coming accross this for the first time lol. Good to know the jealous Yorubas aren't the ones destroying Ibo shops in Lagos lol grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Ogalanyachieze: 9:49pm On May 23, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Tourism as Economic strenght of the north? I must be dreaming....
na op o na him say he lumped all north together cos of tribal and cultural reasons i now asked why he no include culture and tourism as thier economic base. Since they have that rich cultural heritage. And to think of it, it wont be a very bad idea tourism thrives if well managed but i know thier economy wont be dependent on it
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 23, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
na op o na him say he lumped all north together cos of tribal and cultural reasons i now asked why he no include culture and tourism as thier economic base. Since they have that rich cultural heritage. And to think of it, it wont be a very bad idea tourism thrives if well managed but i know thier economy wont be dependent on it

Lol, If tourist visit the north ehn? Na sharia dem go use treat their F**k up, seriously I feel for the north, they're been deluded with religion and nothing can really work except a brain restructuring....
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 9:56pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Na today you don dey use style diss Yoruba people? Acting like this is the first time I'm seeing your moniker. You remind me of a particular mod and one other babe here lol but that one is story for another day

Duuurh If I'm in 20s nko? And no, it's not hate, it's e-bullet lol. Next time, chest it like a soldier cool

And stop trying to digress. Stick to the topic please.

Please bring out where I insulted Yoruba people before.I have stood by my Igbo people strongly but to say I insult Yoruba people is not true. And I don't see E-wars as a must win scenarion like you do.
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 10:00pm On May 23, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Please bring out where I insulted Yoruba people before.I have stood by my Igbo people strongly but to say I insult Yoruba people is not true. And I don't see E-wars as a must win scenarion like you do.

I know I've seen you slyly insult Yoruba people here and even cosign your fellow Igbos doing it. Alie? Me being me on a good day, I'd have gone through your post history to dig them out but whatever sha..No vex say I insult you. One love breh smiley

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Maduawuchukwu(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

I know I've seen you slyly insult Yoruba people here and even cosign your fellow Igbos doing it. Alie? Me being me on a good day, I'd have gone through your post history to dig them out but whatever sha..No vex say I insult you. One love breh smiley

I

I have never insulted Yoruba people here. I only stand and defend Igbo people here gallantly when people try to downgrade us. I do this with the available facts I have and not via insults and I have no apologies.
Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by obailala(m): 10:26pm On May 23, 2017
kingzizzy:
When the North controlls over 60% of the votes at the national assmbly, how will anyone pass a vote on restructuring? It will never happen because the northerners will never agree to it.
60% is arrived at only because many people myopically count places like Benue, Kogi, kwara, Plateau etc as 'North'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News! CJN Resigns - Photo / As Plot To Sack Oshiomhole Thickens, Kogi Gov. Bello Withdraws Support After.. / ACN Scribe Rejects Jonathan's Pib Appointment.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.