Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically (6852 Views)

Top Ten Things That Will Happen When Nigeria Is Restructured / Where Would The Regional Headquarters Be Cited In A Restructured Nigeria / A Restructured Nigeria: How It Should Look Like (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 10:37pm On May 23, 2017
There was a time on this forum when someone said igbos control electronics trading in abeokuta . The thing is, most igbos think they are the only one involved in importation of goods .One even said igbos are the ones marketing Osupa's album.. Lol.. .like they think yorubas don't even do anything at all

The largest spare parts dealer in abeokuta is jide Jones
The largest electronic stores in abeokuta are oluwalogbon electronics and Oni electronics store.
Most yorubas import clothes, jewelries, shoes from Dubai and Italy.

Michael Ade-Ojo imports cars and so on
Obasanjo farms imports fertilizers, tractors etc

Sometimes i wonder what gave the igbos the impression that they control port activities in Lagos

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 10:51pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:
There was a time on this forum when someone said igbos control electronics trading in abeokuta . The thing is, most igbos think they are the only one involved in importation of goods .One even said igbos are the ones marketing Osupa's album.. Lol.. .like they think yorubas don't even do anything at all

The largest electronic stores in abeokuta are oluwalogbon electronics and Oni electronics store.

Sometimes i wonder what gave the igbos the impression that they control port activities in Lagos

Oga, in that country, when we are talking of large scale businesses, no one comes close. I once challenged the whole Iborikiti squad on this forum to ball with me lol, they ran away like that bearded guy who scurried to Abidjan on Stilettos grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by IkediEbubes: 10:55pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

I know I've seen you slyly insult Yoruba people here and even cosign your fellow Igbos doing it. Alie? Me being me on a good day, I'd have gone through your post history to dig them out but whatever sha..No vex say I insult you. One love breh smiley

Dont fall for his scope, his kind are those that use alternate handles to insult Yoruba. There is no one love anywhere, these people are wicked and got no love for us.

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by IkediEbubes: 10:59pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Please dont blame them, most of them rely on the lies giving to them by their Lagos Uncles. Yoruba men dont do petty trading, our women do that stuff. Our men go for large scale business, they are only competing with our women in that petty trading they call business.

4 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:01pm On May 23, 2017
IkediEbubes:

Dont fall for his scope, his kind are those that use alternate handles to insult Yoruba. There is no one love anywhere, these people are wicked and got no love for us.

You have a point! Me sef too dey dull sometimes lol. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:02pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Oga in that country, when we are talking of large scale businesses, no one comes close. I once challenged the whole Iborikiti squad on this forum to ball with me lol, they ran away like that bearded guy who scurried to Abidjan on Stilettos grin cheesy

Lol, you dey mind dem?

The same people that will come here and be shouting "Japan of Africa " but ask them to show you just one technological invention, they will start showing you pictures of one SS 1 student in enugu that used "Agolo miliki " to make "motor car " lol,

We have said it many times on this forum that yorubas are businessmen while igbos are mere traders

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:10pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, you dey mind?

The same people that will come here and be shouting "Japan of Africa " but ask them to show you just one technological invention, they will start showing you pictures of one SS 1 student in enugu that used "Agolo miliki " to make "motor car " lol,

We have said it many times on this forum that yorubas are businessmen while igbos are mere traders

!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest media conglomerate in Nigeria is owned by a Yoruba man - CMA group

The biggest indigenous oil company in Nigeria is owned by a Yoruba man - Oando

The biggest indigenous telecommunications company is owned by a Yoruba man - Globacom

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by ba7man(m): 11:15pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Lol, you dey mind?

I'm just annoyed I fell for that hype that they were industrious and biz savvy......not knowing their "Import, export, make millions in 2 days" was all drug trade.

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:15pm On May 23, 2017
IkediEbubes:

Please dont blame them, most of them rely on the lies giving to them by their Lagos Uncles. Yoruba men dont do petty trading, our women do that stuff. Our men go for large scale business, they are only competing with our women in that petty trading they call business.

Abi na, boutique, fashion business na Yorubas dey dominate am.. ..most of the top fashion designers in Nigeria are yorubas Deola sagoe, Lisa folawiyo, duro olowo (he has Michelle Obama as one of his client) , folake folarin coker, Frank oshodi, Lola faturoti ,Frank bakare. .

These are big businesses.

Na our women dey sell akube for market..

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:19pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Abi na, boutique, fashion business na Yorubas dey dominate am.. ..most of the top fashion designers in Nigeria are yorubas Deola sagoe, Lisa folawiyo, duro olowo (he has Michelle Obama as one of his client) , folake folarin coker, Frank oshodi, Lola faturoti ,Frank bakare. .

These are big businesses.

Na our women dey sell akube for market..

Music, Fashion, Tech, Legal profession, Finance, Gaming. DEM NO RISH!!

7 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:21pm On May 23, 2017
ba7man:
I'm just annoyed I fell for that hype that they were industrious and biz savvy......not knowing their "Import, export, make millions in 2 days" was all drug trade.

Yeah, Infact a friend of mine that has never been to the east before but always following what these people say here on nairaland actually thought that there was no brown roofs in the east and the east is more developed than the west. .

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:22pm On May 23, 2017
ba7man:

Baba just dey wake up. I discovered this 10billion years ago lol cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:28pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Music, Fashion, Tech, Legal profession, finance, gaming. DEM NO RISH!!

Gaming : chief kessignton adebutu

Otunba akin Alabi, owner nairabet

Kunle soname, owner of bet9ja, he is also the first Nigerian to own an European club, CD feirense, in Portugal,i think the club has qualified for next year's Europa

Anything we touch is business and money..

Look at our local and indigenous music, Fuji, apala, Afro juju. ..na money making business if you have the talents.

Look at our yoruba movies. ..the kind prosperity in that sector lasan..

Like i said igbos are merely traders, the rest are into crimes

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:33pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Baba just dey wake up grin I discovered this 10billion years ago lol cheesy

Baba people plenty oooo Wey don believe in their lies

It's because we have allowed these lies to have a foothold on this forum without usually replying them. .

Honestly igbos on this forum too dey lie . We jst dey refute lies everyday sha.

Na so one tlk say buhari don handover the files of the 36 states to abba kyari at the airport before his departure

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:38pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

Baba people plenty oooo Wey don believe in their lies

It's because we have allowed these lies to have a foothold on this forum without usually replying them. .

Honestly igbos on this forum lie too much.. We jst dey refute lies everyday sha.

Na so one tlk say buhari don handover the files of the 36 states to abba kyari at the airport before his departure

Who else are we going to blame if not the otondos parading themselves are Yorubas here.

Most Yorubas here are very ignorant bro. People that still think Urhobos are Ibos.

Once you take away some monikers here, it's all over. The rest don't know chit. But they know the difference between Delta Ibo and Ibo

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Omofunaab2: 11:50pm On May 23, 2017
MasterChen:

Who else are we going to blame if not the otondos parading themselves are Yorubas here.

Most Yorubas here are very ignorant bro. People that still think Urhobos are Ibos.

Once you take away some monikers here, it's all over. The rest don't know chit. But they know the difference between Delta Ibo and Ibo

LMAO, but it's good that the awareness is spreading gradually.. .i have noticed new odua soldiers recently.

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 11:54pm On May 23, 2017
Omofunaab2:

LMAO, but it's good that the awareness is spreading gradually.. .i have noticed new odua soldiers recently.

I'm really happy about that. And for those who aren't interested in ethnic battles, I hope they are archiving the info we are dishing out here. After all, It's not everytime we do this tribal thing. Sometimes, we refute false info. We won't be here forever. When we leave, we expect those watching us to continue from where we stopped either by digging out facts themselves or just copying from our posts. There is hardly any b.s we haven't refuted here

7 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by FriendNG: 12:46am On May 24, 2017
Blue3k:

I second this motion.

The motion was move by Hon. Ogalanyachieze and Seconded by Hon. Blue3k. Those in favor of the motion say ay. Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyes

Those against say nay: Nayyyy

The ayes have it. The motion was read for the 3rd time and hereby passed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by 9jakool: 1:28am On May 24, 2017
MasterChen:

!!!!!!!!!!!

The biggest media conglomerate in Nigeria is owned by a Yoruba man - CMA group

The biggest indigenous oil company in Nigeria is owned by a Yoruba man - Oando

The biggest indigenous telecommunications company is owned by a Yoruba man - Globacom

But Onitsha market is the largest market in Africa smiley

Nahh, The largest market in Africa is in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.

http://africabusiness.com/2016/03/07/merkato-the-biggest-market-of-africa/

2 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 1:39am On May 24, 2017
9jakool:

Nahh, The largest market in Africa is in Addis Ababa Ethiopia.

http://africabusiness.com/2016/03/07/merkato-the-biggest-market-of-africa/

Toh!! But awa pipu told us Onitsha market is the largest in Africa lol abi na West Africa?

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by 9jakool: 1:51am On May 24, 2017
MasterChen:

Toh!! But awa pipu told us Onitsha market is the largest in Africa lol abi na West Africa?

But breh, d facts say sumtin else. grin I think your pipu are bad liars sha. Kumasi market na the largest in West Africa. https://sixdegreesnorth.me/2012/09/27/the-biggest-market-in-west-africa/

Onitsa na the "most developed market" in West Africa. grin

2 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 1:58am On May 24, 2017
9jakool:

But breh, d facts say sumtin else. grin I think your pipu are bad liars sha. Kumasi market na the largest in West Africa. https://sixdegreesnorth.me/2012/09/27/the-biggest-market-in-west-africa/

Onitsa na the "most developed market" in West Africa. grin

Chaiiii.

The potopoto pipu in the comment section said it's Onitsha tho

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by AworiLagosian: 2:18am On May 24, 2017
lool, see as my pipo just finish work for this thread.

3 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by AworiLagosian: 2:21am On May 24, 2017
postmann:
Should Nigerian leaders come to the point of sincerity and allow a true restructured Nigeria to emerge in the spirit of true federalism, there would be a wide spread of economy diversification so much so that each region will have something to contribute to the national coffers.

A truly restructured Nigeria under the spirit of true federalism would see:

THE NORTHERN REGION ; being the food basket of the nation and also rich in solid minerals even in commercial quantity, it will thrive economically. But its leaders are afraid of true restructuring because they've allocated for themselves most of the oil blocks.

THE WESTERN REGION; Will thrive as a banking and IT hub not just nationally but continent-wide. To a large extent, this region has a front foot being the industrial hub of the country. Cash crops like coccoa can be revived to serve as boost to regional economy diversification.

THE SOUTH SOUTH REGION; Already blessed with abundant crude oil and natural gas, a good regional and aggressive economic policy can see a state in the region establishing a sea port that can give the lagos ports a good run for its money. Nigeria is losing billions annually to over congestion and burocratic bottleneck regarding the lagos ports. It makes good judgement to say Nigeria is over due for multiple regional ports that is well balanced to serve the needs of the country's vibrant import/export demands. States in the region can also revive their agricultural sector by focusing oon cash crops like palm oil.

THE EASTERN REGION; Well known for its unparalleled entrepreneurial vibrancy and zest for technological and manufacturing creativity will no doubt serve as an industrial and manufacturing hub.
Moderate yeilds of natural resources like coal, oil and gas and other minerals (tin, copper and iron ore) and cash crop (palm oil) can serve as boost for economic self-dependence.

There's absolutely no need for any region to fear a truly restructured Nigeria. It's a win win for everyone.

Moderate yields of which Yeye Copper Tin and Iron Ore?

The Northern region would be the undisputed king of solid minerals, and probably followed bby the Western region.
There is Nothing in the SE , stop kidding yourself.

And thank God you said the SE will be AN industrial/manufacturing hub, and not THE Industrial/manufacturing hub.
The West has another even bigger advantage as the natural trade link between The rest of Nigeria and the most vibrant regions of ECOWAS.

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by Blue3k(m): 2:52am On May 24, 2017
AworiLagosian:

Moderate yields of which Yeye Copper Tin and Iron Ore?

The Northern region would be the undisputed king of solid minerals, and probably followed bby the Western region.
There is Nothing in the SE , stop kidding yourself.

And thank God you said the SE will be AN industrial/manufacturing hub, and not THE Industrial/manufacturing hub.
The West has another even bigger advantage as the natural trade link between The rest of Nigeria and the most vibrant regions of ECOWAS.

I would have to disagree with the king of solid mineral sector. The crown hasn't been earned yet. Even when comparing aggregate North vs South. Right now south West dominates with massive activities going on in Ogun then North central mainly from Kogi.

Blue3k:

Total production by region (tons)

1) SW - 18,930,050.07
2) NC - 16,824,085.06
3) SS - 4,046,890.38
4) NW - 2,334,049.89
5) SE - 1,184,800.40
6) NE - 1,137,576.67

Source: http://nigerianstat.gov.ng/report/523

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by AworiLagosian: 3:19am On May 24, 2017
Blue3k:

I would have to disagree with the king of solid mineral sector. The crown hasn't been earned yet. Even when comparing aggregate North vs South. Right now south West dominates with massive activities going on in Ogun then North central mainly from Kogi.

Yeah bro. I am very aware that the SW leads in mining at the moment. Even the part of Kogi where most of the Iron ore and cement production is taking place is Yorubaland, lol. So in a REALLY restructured system, all those places should actually be Western Nigeria.

But when you consider the fact that the North as a whole has more solid minerals, and more land (translating into more potential), you can't but give it to them in that sector.
Not to say that the West will do badly in Mining, but it would probably be a secondary contributor in our grand economic plan.

5 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by AworiLagosian: 3:30am On May 24, 2017
Hangmann:

You're so irresponsible. A comcomplete air-headed bigot.

Dispute the facts intellectually and stop being a punkass.
The SE thrives on being Economic refugees all over Nigeria.

Once that is gone...

6 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 3:34am On May 24, 2017
Blue3k:

The North has more potentials in the solid minerals sector than the Southwest. Those guys are blessed with fine stones in large quantity but the operations are mainly being carried out by illegal miners and not legit investors. The reason why it looks like we have more than them is because we have limestone which is very crucial for cement but generally, they have more

4 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by AworiLagosian: 3:36am On May 24, 2017
Hangmann:

You're so irresponsible. A complete air-headed bigot. Is the South East lacking in any of the for mentioned minerals? Or did the OP said they have it in surplus?

What does "moderate yields" mean that it got the bile of filth in you over flowing in a stream of senseless bigotry.

Dirty soul!

There is no moderate Yield of even common glass making sand in the South East, talkless of Tin.
Coal yes maybe a bit in Enugu, but the undisputed kings of Coal in Nigeria are Kogi, Benue and Nassarawa.
As it stands right now, Kogi has enough coal reserves to supply all of Nigeria electricity for 400 years. The extension of the southern tip of that coal bed into Enugu is what you guyz mined in the past, thinking u've got coal.

Gone are the days when you guyz can lie your way about, and nobody challenges them.

8 Likes

Re: What A Truly Restructured Nigeria Will Look Like Economically by MasterChen: 3:39am On May 24, 2017
AworiLagosian:

There is no moderate Yield of even common glass making sand in the South East, talkless of Tin.
Coal yes maybe a bit in Enugu, but the undisputed kings of Coal in Nigeria are Kogi, Benue and Nassarawa.
As it stands right now, Kogi has enough coal reserves to supply all of Nigeria electricity for 400 years. The extension of the southern tip of that coal bed into Enugu is what you guyz mined in the past, thinking u've got coal.

Gone are the days when you guyz can lie your way about, and nobody challenges them.

Hahahahaha.. That guy dey veeeexxx grin

But the truth still has to be told lol

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Two For Alleged $115m Alison-madueke Largesse / Less Than 24 Hours After Buhari Host Saraki ,court Halts EFCC, DSS From Probe / FG Spends ₦‎1.8 Trillion On NASS In 13 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.