Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,795 members, 7,956,036 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] (34648 Views)

I Killed This Snake In My Backyard Farm (pics) / Natural Disaster In Benin, Destroyed My Farm. Pics / Long Green Snake Killed At Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:
This long green snake was just killed on my farm after it was uncovered from under some baskets by the wall of the piggery with some fowl eggs. Upon sighting us, it opened its mouth in attack mode.

This is actually among the smallest of the snakes we've killed on the farm. Besides I'm told they don't eat this one if not, by now they'd be scaling the reptile.

I recall the last snake we killed, a very huge brown one. Before I could say jack, the snake was in a pot of porridge. grin They say that specie (the male) barks like a dog at night and has a very deadly bite. When the female gets old, it climbs up a tree, and falls to the ground and dies, then the baby snakes come out of it's broken body in different colours. Who's heard of this snake before??
Maybe lalasticlala can help...

As for this green snake, all I can say is...

RIPieces reptile tongue

You are holding a green mamba in your hand..... a bite from that snake is still very potent even in dead mode.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by theDEVILisHERE: 1:54pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:
This long green snake was just killed on my farm after it was uncovered from under some baskets by the wall of the piggery with some fowl eggs. Upon sighting us, it opened its mouth in attack mode.

This is actually among the smallest of the snakes we've killed on the farm. Besides I'm told they don't eat this one if not, by now they'd be scaling the reptile.

I recall the last snake we killed, a very huge brown one. Before I could say jack, the snake was in a pot of porridge. grin They say that specie (the male) barks like a dog at night and has a very deadly bite. When the female gets old, it climbs up a tree, and falls to the ground and dies, then the baby snakes come out of it's broken body in different colours. Who's heard of this snake before??

RIPieces reptile tongue

That's a Western Green Mamba

Green mambas love preying on eggs

1 Like

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by theDEVILisHERE: 1:56pm On May 24, 2017
jnrbayano:

Is any mamba specie native to Nigeria?
Mambas are native to all of Sub Saharan Africa (west, central, east, south)
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by theDEVILisHERE: 2:00pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

If it bites how long does one have to live? Am getting scared its like there's snake epidemic? What is forcing them out to migrate to our habitat?

"how long..."
You've got less than 45 mins to live
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 24, 2017
Marvel1206:

A bite from a black mamba causes collapse within 45minutes and death takes 7hours. Just a single bite contains enough venom to kill 10-25 humans sef, i fear that snake en...

Snakes have always been around. They are attracted by bushes or an area where there are preys

Kai ni guy now their influx is scary they are moving towards urban areas know of two families so far that discovered snakes in their apartments and they live on story buildings so how the snake come climb up?

Floors are tiled sef no bush on that area ooo

1 Like

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by theDEVILisHERE: 2:04pm On May 24, 2017
SalamRushdie:
This snake is very popular in the Ajah Axis of Lagos ..they roam about everywhere there way back but I don't know of now ..I will be suprised if they are mambas because the are always very scared of everything

They are green mambas
Green mambas are usually shy and timid compare to the usual confrontational Black mamba
But are just as potent and might even be more aggressive when threatened
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by imustsaymymindo: 2:08pm On May 24, 2017
Massive4UMS:
JOB HIRING STATS FOR MOBILE APP DEVELOPERS

According to hiring managers and IT recruiters, the demand for skilled & talented mobile application developers still far exceeds the supply. Some of the most popular industries hiring mobile app developers include video game studios, advertising and marketing firms that aim to build branded application for clients, media firms that recognize mobile as a powerful content distribution channel, government agencies and financial institutions that want to bring their core services to mobile users, software development firms and real estate agencies.

The lion's share of job opportunities will be in Android and iOS app development, as these giants represent close to 90% of all smartphones in circulation

Classes in progress – with TWO training centers in Lagos (Yaba and Egbeda/Alimosho)

100% Practicals, Ambient Classes, Two Training centers (Lagos), Professional Instructors, plus more!!

Why the chicken though?
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by theDEVILisHERE: 2:10pm On May 24, 2017
dannyboi01:
green snakes are not dangerous.

Lie
Matter of fact, only few green snakes are not dangerous
Most of the species of green snakes (common crate, mamba, pit viper etc) have vemon
Don't test ur luck with them
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Jaqenhghar: 2:15pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

If it bites how long does one have to live? Am getting scared its like there's snake epidemic? What is forcing them out to migrate to our habitat?
eggs. Ses love eggs. Make sure there is lots of lightaround the hen house
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Marvel1206: 2:15pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

Kai ni guy now their influx is scary they are moving towards urban areas know of two families so far that discovered snakes in their apartments and they live on story buildings so how the snake come climb up?

Floors are tiled sef no bush on that area ooo
They probably came for shelter. It's very possible for those snakes to have been living with them for a while before they were discovered
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Shiitposter: 2:18pm On May 24, 2017
smartty68:

@Emboldened, that I'm aware of but I've never seen a mamba with a screen skin sha

You've never seen and hence they dont exist

-Smartty68's logic.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by walosky(m): 2:30pm On May 24, 2017
Its not venomous. ..its just a common tree snake
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by bigfather(m): 4:46pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:

RIPieces reptile tongue

This is GREEN MAMBA
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by topas100(m): 5:00pm On May 24, 2017
This is a very deadly green mamba
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by tayoccu(m): 5:04pm On May 24, 2017
looks more like a green rat snake (Gonyosoma oxycephalum)
looking at the shape of the head it's definitely not a venomous snake.

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Unclerukus: 5:04pm On May 24, 2017
That's a green mamba. Snakes head and venom are still active even in death. you're playing with death, dangerous snake.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Boss347(m): 8:08pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:

See as you resemble snake charmer

Na why him fit catch the snake once
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Boss347(m): 8:09pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:

See as you resemble snake charmer

1 Like

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:20pm On May 24, 2017
Boss347:

grin
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:23pm On May 24, 2017
ruffhandu:
This is either akanshi, or obi-anyanwu. But for you to say it poised to attack, then it'll be obi-anyanwu for akanshi does not attack people.
...in English please grin
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:25pm On May 24, 2017
nurshah:

Our habitat? Na we dey enter their habitat... As in wen we farm. smiley

FEAR not, He watches over you o.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:29pm On May 24, 2017
tayoccu:
looks more like a green rat snake (Gonyosoma oxycephalum)
looking at the shape of the head it's definitely not a venomous snake.

So if you see snake, you'll first check if it has pointed nose?
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:37pm On May 24, 2017
Osanoghodua1:

Do you do this native poultry in large quantity, how do you feed them mix or buy feed? How do prevent and tread diseases?

I need name of herbs that can completely replace scientific drugs in poultry farming

You can WhatsApp me on

Thsnks

These native fowls just roam around o ..some belonging to my security guy. There's a whole lot to pick from... feed crumbs and leftover, seeds etc. Can be very annoying tho; I once planted some maize and before I was done, they were already going from heap to heap, scratching and eating my seeds.

As for herbs... cassava leaves for protein, moringa for protein, vitamins and minerals.... my layman's view tho.

1 Like

Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:41pm On May 24, 2017
maxiuc:
Op abeg where is the farm

Cross river
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 10:43pm On May 24, 2017
girlhaley:
Food is ready

Is that green mamba sauce?
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Nobody: 11:41pm On May 24, 2017
donnie:

Our habitat? Na we dey enter their habitat... As in wen we farm. smiley

FEAR not, He watches over you o.

So are u saying he wasn't watching over those that got bitten and died? shocked
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by ruffhandu: 8:03am On May 25, 2017
donnie:

...in English please grin

akanshi is akanshi my brother.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by tayoccu(m): 11:45am On May 25, 2017
donnie:

So if you see snake, you'll first check if it has pointed nose?

quit being silly, the snake in this story is dead, and people are just trying to identify it's specie
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 12:29pm On May 25, 2017
ruffhandu:

akanshi is akanshi my brother.
cheesy
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2017
nurshah:

So are u saying he wasn't watching over those that got bitten and died? shocked

Abeg no derail my thread. Seun warn your colleague. angry
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by donnie(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2017
tayoccu:

quit being silly, the snake in this story is dead, and people are just trying to identify it's specie

It's ok, I knew you'd take off on sighting one anyways. tongue

The drawings make some some sense tho. However, while the eyes and scale pattern on head agree with your theory, the shape of head and neck dont.
Re: Long Green Snake Killed At Farm [PICS] by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 25, 2017
donnie:

Abeg no derail my thread. Seun warn your colleague. angry

Iam 1000%God worshipping ..abeg I no dey seun side
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / Hi There! Contact Us For Your Agricultural Processing Machines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.