Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? (39614 Views)

What Business Can I Start At The University? / Please Advise, What PROFITABLE Business Can I Start With N300,000? / What Business Can One Start With N300,000? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by greggng: 6:41pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
basic real estate..

U buy a property (house, land) with for the value(initial price) to appreciate, then u sell it.

It means u buy at an initial amount and sell at a higher price..simple basic..

Like any other thing it has it's ups and down but trust me it's up are always marvelous ask Donald trump, Robert kiyosaki..this people made their fortune from real estate..

U should also download videos from YouTube on how to invest in real estate..!

Your suggestion is irrelevant given the amount in question. You can't even rent a room for 300k were I live let alone getting a plot of land for 35million here. Going into food stuff will be better people eat everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by salbis(m): 6:41pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The only livestock farming I understand is cattle.

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and procaine injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

1. You require at least a million naira, to enjoy it very well.

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals)

I was in the business before but I'm not stable in one place now due to my job demand.

As I have stated, that is the only animal business I understood very well.
You have spoken well. My dad and his friend lost over 25 cows to cattle rustlers.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by PapaBrowne(m): 6:53pm On May 23, 2017
kindredspirit:

That might not be the case. IMO, the days of glut in Cassava are gone. The value chain has made sure of that. I can confidently tell you that the supply will not meet the demand at harvest time next year, mark my words. Cassava will finally earn it's name: "WHITE GOLD".

What new changes have happened along the value chain? Still the same Garri consuming the largest percentage of production. I haven't seen an increase in manufacturing of Cassava starch or any other by products by products. No improvement in preservation methods for raw Cassava. Nothing new in logistics. So what area of the value chain has seen an improvement that should help stomach the radical increase in production?

The increase is happening because the price of Garri went up so people figure it would be profitable and then rush in and then there is a glut and prices drop, people get burned and rush out and the circle keeps going.

We need to improve on our processing capacity for us to be able to preserve the excess production and probably start looking to create markets outside the country for the value added Cassava products

3 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 23, 2017
Pls where can one make enquires to farm on free land in ondo state
LionDeLeo:

That is why I said, depending on his environment.

You can get land free for farming in places like Benue and Ondo state.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Mcweber(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2017
salbis:
You have spoken well. My dad and his friend lost over 25 cows to cattle rustlers.
Na Wetin fear me pass for cattle matter be that
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by koxyz: 6:57pm On May 23, 2017
oseka101:
cat fish hmmmmm not advisable for a startup ooo try something thing else first when your comfortable you can venture into fish business.... Cat fish will make your 300k look like 30k

You can invest your money in catfish hatchery business.The start up capital is very small and there are rooms for improvisation.The returns on investment can be as high as 300%(ROI)

The major hurdle which you have to cross is the technicality of the business.This can be surmounted by taking time to learn the rudiments and having a good grasp of the techniques involved.

Once you master this,a millionaire is born and the sky is the limit You don't have problems with the market the buyers are readily available.

You can reach me on my WhatsApp number;08053054300

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 7:04pm On May 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Pls where can one make enquires to farm on free land in ondo state

Do you know Owo?
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 23, 2017
Where the federal medical centre is, i know owo
LionDeLeo:

Do you know Owo?
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 7:14pm On May 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Where the federal medical centre is, i know owo
Yeah, there is FMC Owo, but you can't expect to have a farmland near the hospital because that is a residential area, though subsistence farming practices cannot be ruled out. But generally, Owo has vast arable farmland and with good discussion with the farmers, you can a free farmland during a farming season (but only for the farming oh!)

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks, it may seem loike a lot of questions but who i go to ask, the oba/chiefs, local goverment? Who
LionDeLeo:

Yeah, there is FMC Owo, but you can't expect to have a farmland near the hospital because that is a residential area, though subsistence farming practices cannot be ruled out. But generally, Owo has vast arable farmland and with good discussion with the farmers, you can a free farmland during a farming season (but only for the farming oh!)
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by jay2smart19(m): 7:19pm On May 23, 2017
TEYA:

Kindly ask him what kind of property you can buy for #300000.
my brother some people will read books and think it applies in all climes. this guy in particular no too well. how many average Nigerian buys a house to live in? it's a nice idea but for #300k, u supposed to knw him papa still de giv am allowance

3 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by thegraace: 7:27pm On May 23, 2017
My brother if you really want to do farming that will Profit You without fear, go for pineapple farming. You. Will make sure money. I am ready to take you through whatever u want to Know about it. You can even visit our farm at Ilesa, Osun State. You have nothing to fear if you venture into pineapple Farming. It is what I have been doing immediately graduated from school and I never for once regret it. I compete with my colleagues financially. Bro I enjoin you to go form it. If you want to know more about it you can get in touch with through this Digit 0-8-0-6-4-1-7-1-4-8-4. Or. 0-9-0-7-2-6-3-9-9-9-6. Good luck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by LionDeLeo: 7:29pm On May 23, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Thanks, it may seem loike a lot of questions but who i go to ask, the oba/chiefs, local goverment? Who

Don't even bother asking all those people because it will rather be too formal and you know the bottleneck that comes with formalities.

Just discuss with the farmers, some of them can't cultivate on the whole of their farmlands.

And since you are a female, they will not have much problem in terms of security and it is even better for a farmer to allow you to farm on his land than to be allocated a plot. The advantage is that, the residents may assume he cultivated it himself and no one will dare try to be funny when the produce are ripe for harvest.

The farmer that gives you his land may also help you source for workers who you will give token for their labour.

Just give it a try, you will understand better.

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by seifini(m): 7:29pm On May 23, 2017
can u message me so we discuss?09020140964 or japusam@gmail.com
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 23, 2017
Thank you, God bless you
LionDeLeo:

Don't even bother asking all those people because it will rather be too formal and you know the bottleneck that comes with formalities.

Just discuss with the farmers, some of them can't cultivate on the whole of their farmlands.

And since you are a female, they will not have much problem in terms of security and it is even better for a farmer to allow you to farm on his land than to be allocated a plot. The advantage is that, the residents may assume he cultivated it himself and no one will dare try to be funny when the produce are ripe for harvest.

The farmer that gives you his land may also help you source for workers who you will give token for their labour.

Just give it a try, you will understand better.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by phemocheee(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2017
Lwkmd. I swear, you wicked
Raxxye:

Not only real estate!
You should have advised him to invest part of the 300 thousand naira to acquire an airline and the balance in car manufacturing.

You should be in Buhari's economic advisory team!
SMH

@OP, cassava farming is a good one. The crops aren't perishable and the demand, like most agricultural products, is ever high!
I intend dabbling into it too from next year.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by AreaFada2: 7:48pm On May 23, 2017
LionDeLeo:

The only livestock farming I understand is cattle.

You buy them when they are lean/emaciated, treat them, mostly de-worming and give them Ivomec (cattle multivite) and [b]procaine [/b]injection against infections. A seasoned non-fulani cattle businessman will readily assist you.

Don't bother discussing with the Fulanis because they are mostly illiterates and they can't be of help.

If you keep them with any cattle businessman who also keeps cattle for just 3 to 4 months, I doubt if you will ever stop the business.

The only snags here are;

1. You require at least a million naira, to enjoy it very well.

2. The chance of finding a businessman in that line of business who will readily allow you to join your cows with his own for the period is slim. Some of them will want to do the investment on your behalf and adopt a profit-sharing formula, not a good idea. (Don't attempt Fulanis, some of them are criminals)

I was in the business before but I'm not stable in one place now due to my job demand.

As I have stated, that is the only animal business I understood very well.

Dude procaine is not antibiotics. It is procaine penicillin. Procaine is just to numb the pain of injecting the penicillin. grin cheesy
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Raxxye(m): 7:49pm On May 23, 2017
PapaBrowne:

Too many people have farmed cassava this year, which means during harvest next year, there would be serious glut meaning there would be difficulty finding markets for products and the prices would be so low! Sorry to burst our bubble!
There's nothing like glut for nonperishable goods, my dear, much less the almighty cassava.
Cassava can never be too much in Nigeria!
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
That means I will have to get a land if I am to dabble into that which I don't really think is within the above mentioned capital

And must you buy a land before you can plant cassava? They borrow it because the next one you will plant won't be on the same land again because of lost nutrients, so you will need to shift to another borrowed land for planting another one against another season.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Tdaves(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2017
Think of us as your partner in progress.

Why FGL’s Farm Estate?

Our farm estate services focus on fostering a farm community that is both cost effective and in line with your business objectives. FGL offers support services that minimise your operation cost while adding value to your business.

With over 2,000 acres available, own a farmland and enjoy farming with our structured support service to help you through the farming process. For further inquiry call 08076520000 or 09052222022
or send a mail to mpfp@forevergardensng.com
www.forevergardensng.com

Share with as many people that may be interested in starting a farm.

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by Drabrah(m): 8:07pm On May 23, 2017
whitebeard:
Sir invest some of it, and use some of it in real estate..!

Wt 300K?
Wakeup frm ur dream bro!
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by alphamodel1(m): 8:13pm On May 23, 2017
lockupnop:
If I need money ...don't think about location.

Take 20,000 go to Odelemo rent a acre of land for 1 year .Dem don dey open eye now. They will ask for 3 years.

There are ready made aboki in that town so you can pick as u like ready to work... They live in that village for farming purpose.

Well ,Clearing ,planting 100k

Favourite: ,short term: Maize, UGU , Soya beans ,

Long term , Plantain , Paw paw .... Inside here arrange a snail pen ...

Buy: grass cutter , Rabit

Then rent 2 bedrrom 30k per year
Enter market buy 1 bag of Rodo let say 30k don't know again since I left naija

Take it to Bayelsa ...u will thank me forever

Meanwhile 4 Pepper (rodo) in Bayelsa as at 2014/15 #100 naira and then in Lagos 50 naira rodo cost 300 naira in Bayelsa I use to sell Rodo pepper for copers ...

Think Think Think move around and make sure ur farm lives in your heart spend money to call call call to make sure everything is going fine arrange ur life ....

Buy Dstv, laptop and PlayStation game I can see u get internet already ..Farm will doll u but with all that all ur friend in Lagos would visit you take note and ready to host because they will be ur shield ...
Most importly Buy a German Shepherd dog which is cheap but very intelligent would go along way...

Come to nairaland time to time to show picture about your farm ... Have fun while farming ...

N.B ; for people correcting English here is my password please help me edit it

undecided
I love this idea, so brilliant. I'm interested in doing this in uyo but my fear is the security of the farm, how do I secure such a land mass without a netfence n just a dog?
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by alphamodel1(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2017
rottenegg:
Depending on 2 things;
1) Do you have land?
2) Location or where you reside?

If you have #1 and its almost 250sqm in area or more, then just buy water leaf and plant. Buy organic manure and have a point to irrigate... Make as many water leaf beds as possible...
Thank me later
How long does it take to mature and how much is a bed going for
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by tabontabon: 8:37pm On May 23, 2017
With just #300k,he will be able to do all you have listed.

Do you even know the cost of raising a pullet to POL now?

odukoyayinka:
I studied agriculture sir
you can actually start a poultry
fishery
and probably get a small scale land where you can invest heavily in vegetables...
if you had a land cassava would've been ideal
i implore you to go with either chicken or fish...or both of them....you can do both layers and broilers.....became because broilers are seasonal....but layers....you make your money when they lay...wish you success bro
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by reallions(m): 8:46pm On May 23, 2017
You can start by partnering with existing farm owners or let experienced farmers guide you. I can be of assistance if you don't mind.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by pedi(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2017
Mcweber:
Hello Nairalanders... Pls I want to know any profitable business one can start with a small capital of 300-350k. I know the said amount is a little change in Nigeria today to start up a business but still, no matter how small it is I know it will definitely start up something.

NB - I am very much interested in farming business but I'm not totalling rulling out the possibility of other businesses
brother if you leave in Kaduna I will encouraged you to venture into ginger farming very profitable.
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by rottenegg: 8:54pm On May 23, 2017
alphamodel1:

How long does it take to mature and how much is a bed going for
Depends on the care you give. Adequate water(not water logged) and a good fertile land and within 2 weeks, your ready to harvest. Now the trick is in the beds. If you can conveniently create 10beds of 4ft x 10ft(or more) your in business.
Just get the market women to come buy from you every 3 days. Depending on how many beds you intend to harvest every 3 days...this timing can vary, especially when you have a lot of beds.
Here at Akwa Ibom...a 25kg bag of water leaf from the farm goes for 3k. 2 well maintained beds will give u a bag using my 4ft x 10ft.
Remember, take care of your crops and it will in turn take care of you.
Its not going to be easy....bugs n all but its damn well profitable!

3 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by odukoyayinka(m): 8:57pm On May 23, 2017
tabontabon:
With just #300k,he will be able to do all you have listed.

Do you even know the cost of raising a pullet to POL now?

yes sir...and it won't cost 300k man....I know what am saying
Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by alphamodel1(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2017
rottenegg:

Depends on the care you give. Adequate water(not water logged) and a good fertile land and within 2 weeks, your ready to harvest. Now the trick is in the beds. If you can conveniently create 10beds of 4ft x 10ft(or more) your in business.
Just get the market women to come buy from you every 3 days. Depending on how many beds you intend to harvest every 3 days...this timing can vary, especially when you have a lot of beds.
Here at Akwa Ibom...a 25kg bag of water leaf from the farm goes for 3k. 2 well maintained beds will give u a bag using my 4ft x 10ft.
Remember, take care of your crops and it will in turn take care of you.
Its not going to be easy....bugs n all but its damn well profitable!
I live in uyo too, I will like to visit ur farm

1 Like

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by lockupnop: 9:16pm On May 23, 2017
alphamodel1:

I love this idea, so brilliant. I'm interested in doing this in uyo but my fear is the security of the farm, how do I secure such a land mass without a netfence n just a dog?

Regardless of your farm is located go and start fllw did procedure ....

First , enter bush and cut plenty wood that can grow with time and use it to make a temporary fence layout .

Stage 2 : visit any horticulture farmer around you .. Those guys that plant flower beside the road ..

Tell him u need a security fence a crawler .

Orange tree chuk chuk dey learn work. All those guys that wet flower have it and it cost 10 naira per plant at Nursery stage can't say again ...

10,000 naira own would do well for 50 acres of land ...

Close to it 5ft distance plant Thick tree ..(Tektonia gradis )botanical name can't remember the spellings again google it

Those electric poles u see around you was made with it . It cost 25 naira per plant at nursey stage in 2004...

2000 trees can be planted like fence at the edge of 50 acres of land and for sure after 10 years you habe a waiting reward

2000 trees multiply by #60,000 per log as at 2002 to 04

This is coming from a product of federal college of forestry I quit when obasaonjo said the school won't go for Youth service ...Racism angry

My first project was to plant 2000 of that Tree and submit to our H.O.D before our orientation day preparing us to be a Forest Guard... U can make ur research about the tree

U can go for Iroko tree , Timber if u like 20 years time you fell them use the money to fence it round ....

I'm teaching u how to make use of all opp around u ... Use tree as fence and in the nearest future you will see how nature will crown ur effort with style and swag
That is call u underground Technology

12 Likes

Re: Which Farming Business Can I Start With N300 - 350k? by tabontabon: 9:20pm On May 23, 2017
Just tell me the cost to raise:

* A pullet to point of lay

* A broiler for 8wks

Then let us see how he will combine both egg production and meat production using just #300k.

odukoyayinka:

yes sir...and it won't cost 300k man....I know what am saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

History Of Naira To Dollar Exchange Rate (1972-2019) / How To Make Money On Facebook In Nigeria / Billionaire Banker David Rockefeller Dies Aged 101

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.