Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,306 members, 7,829,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd (6646 Views)

Funny Photo, See Who Morhino Blame For Chelsea Loss With Man City / Bastian Schweinsteiger Signed 2 Years Deal With Man United / Manchester United Signs Deal With A Nigerian Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by saviola77(m): 3:25pm On Jan 15, 2010
man smith:

this is madness.we have clubs here that are owing players six months back log of salary and glo has the guts without shame to pay such amount to a rich club?well the worst is yet to come.this same company could not meet its obligaton tothe nigerian football league.shame,shame,shame
How does this affect glo?? Does Barclays pay the salaries of epl players?? undecided undecided
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by dani1luv: 3:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
WoW shocked
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by don401(m): 3:35pm On Jan 15, 2010
Glo u ve done alot 4 nigeria football yet our league is yet to develope. I think this is a good chance for our youngstars.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by GTay(m): 3:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
Glo - Rule your World cool

If this is true, then they have truly gone global as anticipated
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by dfanthom(m): 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
nice one, but i guess it's too early to celebrate.

thots of their interaction with nff, which left much to be desired.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by MUNEER2(m): 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
I'm a man-u fan, I'm a Glo subscriber, but i don't know why my heart is beating fast shocked
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by otawa: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
O boy!!, this is massive. So Glo left local league to go sponsor an EPL team. Those green boys are vexing.

we dont have all the metrics behind this move.

On the surface, it is vexious since the money was made in Naija, it should be spend on Nigerians.

May be looking deeper, Glo will make much more money from this as a global brand and they can have more funds to spend on Naija.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by papabaks(m): 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2010
NO COMMENT FOR NOW lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

papa
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by MrCrackles(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
Let Globacom throw around the money, it wont stop United from being a debt ridden club!!!! grin
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by aieromon(m): 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2010
Glo - We global!!!
This is strictly a PR thing so please let's reduce the sentiments involved.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by Skidoc(m): 6:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
I just confirmed it from Man Utd website:
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={235041B8-C516-4517-8D04-AEEBB5882B8A}
Wow!
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by Funseyi(f): 10:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
[b][/b]That's not true, a massive money on foreign investment leaving NPL for EPL?
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by tayoast(m): 10:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
wow!! All that money?
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by suxes2005(m): 10:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
wat a hell big money

wat is it meant for in short?

SHALOM
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by GTay(m): 10:57pm On Jan 15, 2010
cool cool cool

Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by tnk24: 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
saviola77:

How does this affect glo?? Does Barclays pay the salaries of epl players?? undecided undecided

I think I really agree with you on this.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by tdops: 12:16am On Jan 16, 2010
GTay's Pic

Wind don don blow we don see fowl Yash!!! The deal was not to develop 9ja football but to give Glo marketing rights.
Same old corporate bullshit!!!
Glo's big plan will be to use the ManU marketing rights to promote their network. We will soon be seeing ads to "Watch ManU matches on your phone and win a free trip to a ManU UEFA game." Nothing special, its business as usual
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by shotster50(m): 1:39am On Jan 16, 2010
Like someone earlier said, its simply a PR move. Nigerians love show boating, i guess since the Zenith Banks of this world can be on CNN all day, I suppose it makes 'sense' that Glo will fly the flag somewhere somehow in the telecoms sector.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by Akagood: 2:25am On Jan 16, 2010
Ask me lol naija football who sponsor it then
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by ojeffo: 9:46am On Jan 16, 2010
oya oo. . .

boycott Glo!!!

throw their sims in the toilet !!!!

what disrespect!!!

Insult!!!!

how adre they

and they are nigerians !!!

how many man utd players use the glo network!!!! u sound stupid,how many times have u watched nigerian league.FOOL, let GLO KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by Demoladoc: 11:10am On Jan 16, 2010
it is amazing how pple come on here to show total lack of brains, stupidity and incredible heights of ignorance. how can u say glo left nfl to sponsor d epl when infact glo, for many years spent millions on d nfl until recently when they fell out with nff. Abeg they don try make another person sponsor nfl
The new deal with man u has enormous potentials to aid our football if properly used since it will give our youngsters huge access to worldclass facilities in d uk, which they can only imagine in their dreams or see on tv. And d money no be for to sponsor man u alone, its deal that benefits both parties, albeit moreso nigeria and glo.
Some fool asked how many man u players use glo line. This is an idiotic and primitive way of reasoning. Its nauseating to read comments like this.
Finally, wats wrong if glo uses this as a marketing gizmo and goes global? Is it not d dream of any corporate body to be a global brand? Shouldnt we all be happy about our own local brand shooting out globally?
Abeg think first before u type pus on here and make complete fools of yourslf. End of ranting
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by godseyi: 11:41am On Jan 16, 2010
I think its a nice move on the part of Glo, besides since we have just been branded Terrorist. Its good to see that there are still some people who believe in doing buisness with Nigerians.

On the other hand, with the NFL not ready to move forward, its better for Glo to find somewhere else to put his money.

Lastly, with Glo as a Man. Utd sponsor, Adenuga's buisness interestts in the UK can continue to foster.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by flashgeek: 5:30pm On Jan 16, 2010
I don’t know why our some journalists always lie when they report news about Nigeria. They say Globacom is the largest sponsor of football in AFRICA, what a blatant lie. There are many companies in Africa that spend more money on their local league than what globacom has ever spent on any team in Nigeria. Just a take a look at the South African soccer league and team websites to see their local sponsors:

http://www.psl.co.za/

www.kaizerchiefs.com

http://www.orlandopiratesfc.com/

http://www.morokaswallows.co.za/default.asp

http://www.sufc.co.za/

Most Nigerians are educated but not intelligent. I say this because a man like Mike Adenuga is educated but he has very little intelligence. Even my dog can coach him on how to run his business.5 Million pounds a year can build solid sporting facilities in Nigeria and sponsor Nigerians teams but he prefers to spend the money on foreign land. Well I don’t blame him ,what do you expect from a thief who stole for the people Nigeria under the leadership of Babangida. Mike Adenuga is another Nigerians who deserves to be tied to the stake and shot. This deal is only meant to benefit his company and nothing more.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by otawa: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2010
5 Million pounds a year can build solid sporting facilities in Nigeria and sponsor Nigerians teams but he prefers to spend the money on foreign land. Well I don’t blame him ,what do you expect from a thief who stole for the people Nigeria under the leadership of

I cant but agree with you

Mike Adenuga is another Nigerians who deserves to be tied to the stake and shot

out of scope.

This deal is only meant to benefit his company and nothing more.

That's correct and very sad indeed.

1 Like

Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by Stealthy(m): 9:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
This is typical African stupidity! We just never learn as a people. You make money in Africa, then you go and use it to sponsor a team in UK! This isnt too far off the scale from our klepto-leaders who steal from the treasury & compound things by spending/stashing the money offshore.

How many companies in UK or elsewhere in the developed world would do the same? It's not even like Glo has a market over there.

Even though the deal with the Nigerian FA went sour (due to the thieves in charge of naija football), but really Glo could still contribute to sports (or any other endeavour) in naija in a different way with this money. The benefits of the deal are little compared to the amount. Compared this to the South African league where Ajax Cape Town is a feeder club for Ajax FC - the players have the same kind of opportunities to Ajax FC Glo claims Nigerians/Ghanaians/Beninoise will soon have to ManU, but no one in SA is sending 5m GBP a year to Holland.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by shilling(f): 3:33am On Jan 17, 2010
Sounds good!!!
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by chelseabmw(m): 6:26am On Jan 17, 2010
Good move glo, Go 4 it
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by kunbaba(m): 10:58am On Jan 17, 2010
lau lau spendin grin grin grin
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by otawa: 3:35pm On Jan 17, 2010
This is typical African stupidity! We just never learn as a people. You make money in Africa, then you go and use it to sponsor a team in UK! This isnt too far off the scale from our klepto-leaders who steal from the treasury & compound things by spending/stashing the money offshore.

How many companies in UK or elsewhere in the developed world would do the same? It's not even like Glo has a market over there.

Even though the deal with the Nigerian FA went sour (due to the thieves in charge of naija football), but really Glo could still contribute to sports (or any other endeavour) in naija in a different way with this money. The benefits of the deal are little compared to the amount. Compared this to the South African league where Ajax Cape Town is a feeder club for Ajax FC - the players have the same kind of opportunities to Ajax FC Glo claims Nigerians/Ghanaians/Beninoise will soon have to ManU, but no one in SA is sending 5m GBP a year to Holland.

Oh yes.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by honeric01(m): 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
So why are u all happy? is glo going to give you $100 by signing agreement with manU? it's not going to add anything to the life of any ordinary nigerian except the usual "recharge and win". rubbish.
Re: Glo Signs Deal With Man Utd by oge4real(f): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
Our same Glo? 5million pounds? na wao!
Hope they remember we are still on Terrorist list before they accept sponsorship from a Nigerian company?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Arsenal Fans Have Such An Inferiority Complex Near Chelsea? / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! / Banker For Baba-ijebu (premier-lotto) Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.