Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

"It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife (14116 Views)

Promise Not To Arrest Nnamdi Kanu If He Comes Home, Ezeife Tells FG / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / 2019: Ndigbo May Dump Buhari Again As Ezeife,Others Reject 2023 Presidency Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by leftone: 12:41pm On May 24, 2017
fiizznation:
[b] Funny clowns. Boycott the 2019, who cares? You 'restructure whiners' or whatever you called yourselves are funny and you think you are smart. When your silly incompetent brother was the president, you didn't shout restructure because the status-quo at that time was very good, you clowns benefited from it. The north was shortchanged and nobody said anything about the gentleman's agreement in place(a northerner completing yar'adua's term), instead we saw how you hypocrites supported the incompetent man in 2011. Nobody never forgets. Even when that old ugly man(obasanjo) was the president, nobody from the south said anything about restructuring, and now everybody thinks they are smart. Atiku can say whatever he wants and tell you whatever you guys wanna hear, but an average northerner knows why Atiku is screaming about 'restructuring'. And that man(atiku) is not influential here, he and his words don't influence anybody in the north.

Nigeria WON'T be restructured, and you fellas can do you worse. If you want a restructured Nigeria, then you have to wait when you are the majority in the NA.

And if Nigeria should be restructured, it will definitely be at our terms, that's when we feel like doing so. You can't blackmail the north with your silly threats. We know were we stand and we know why ya' hypocrites are shouting 'restructure Nigeria'.
[/b]

You should be more objective with your arguments...you really haven't made any vital point in all you said. Restructuring is actually the way if we want progress. It would stimulate healthy competition and cooperation between regions...look back in history and compare Nigeria when we had geo-poItical zones to what we have now as states with so much power concentrated at the center.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Mujtahida: 12:51pm On May 24, 2017
PBundles:
Pleased to make you acquaintance and yes, because I have blood from all the major regions I couldnt be tribal even if I wanted to. But I have a question which Im hoping you could assist me on. I have met several ppl from the middle belt in my dealings overseas. Be it in the US or Europe, when I speak to them its occurred to me that they are extremely neutral in a very pleasant way, yet and here it comes, in my opinion and also judging from things they mentioned, its probably one of the most forgotten areas. It has always intrigued me and I have always found it to be very pleasant their take on Nigeria. Why is this, please shed some light on this.

My pleasure too. To answer your question: I think it has to do with the psychology of being in the middle. Although in the early post independence era the middle belt was somewhat aligned with the North but JS Tarka even then began to call the middle belt to itself.
Presently we are tagged as north central and our governors are part of the so-called 19 Northern governors but it's just for political convenience since there's no politician of the ilk and charisma of JS Tarka to call the bluff of the North. Most middlebeltans don't subscribe to being lumped up with the North. We simply don't have the consciousness and we are predominantly Christians or rather there's an even spread as far as religions goes.
The North just likes to use the middlebelt as a buffer. Even the bulk of the footsoldiers that fought the civil war were from the middle belt.
But the politicians from the middle belt are just like the rest from other parts of the country - blind, bigoted, visionless, corrupt, ruthless, mean, tribal.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Chiaka(f): 12:53pm On May 24, 2017
Its too late for Restructuring and it may never work. No need to remain in an abusive marriage. grin grin grin grin
Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by PBundles(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2017
Thanks very insightful.

Mujtahida:

My pleasure too. To answer your question: I think it has to do with the psychology of being in the middle. Although in the early post independence era the middle belt was somewhat aligned with the North but JS Tarka even then began to call the middle belt to itself.
Presently we are tagged as north central and our governors are part of the so-called 19 Northern governors but it's just for political convenience since there's no politician of the ilk and charisma of JS Tarka to call the bluff of the North. Most middlebeltans don't subscribe to being lumped up with the North. We simply don't have the consciousness and we are predominantly Christians or rather there's an even spread as far as religions goes.
The North just likes to use the middlebelt as a buffer. Even the bulk of the footsoldiers that fought the civil war were from the middle belt.
But the politicians from the middle belt are just like the rest from other parts of the country - blind, bigoted, visionless, corrupt, ruthless, mean, tribal.
Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Skubidude(m): 1:07pm On May 24, 2017
geronimoedeh1:

it was because Jonathan was wise enough to ignore their clamour,but buhari decided to clamp down on them ... unconsciously popularizing the struggle..
oppression begets rebellion...

Best answer so far to that ignorant comment.

Bubu lyk the illitrate he is decided to play macho n got his fingers burnt in the process. Like u said oppression beget rebellion.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Deyvid123(m): 1:30pm On May 24, 2017
xcolanto:
Buhari's apc government has divided Nigerians along religious, tribal and political lines the most than any other government in the history of Nigeria. His acts ever since coming into government has created panic, insecurity and uncertainties not only to the citizens but to the international communities alike. Is it his selection of members of his government being from a particular region, tribe or religious beliefs or his 5% to 97% statement? Is it his appointments reflecting his ethnic bias or his loopsided fight against corruption targeted mostly at the southern part of the country? Did we not witnesses his disdain for the minority shitte Muslims which under his watch thousands were killed including children and women? Something not seen or heard off even in war like situations? Have we not seen his undemocratic response to peaceful protests from IPOB, #freezarky to BBOG, clamping down on them and hounding them like dogs and baboons in a jungle?

Yet people foolishly ask questions on why are the voices for secession, referendum, restructuring, zoning and all other applications to break up this fraudulent contraception is louder than ever? Well incase you missed the memo! Read this post again angry
though the Apc govt has succeeded in dividing the country along religious,political lines but guess what, Nigerians are uniting along the "hunger" line. so come 2019 Apc are in for a shocker.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by akigbemaru: 1:38pm On May 24, 2017
EZEIFE will push Igbos off cliffs!
Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by kelechi17(m): 1:48pm On May 24, 2017
EmmyDJourno:
These generation of men don't have the right to determine the future of Nigeria, they should go to their graves as failures

What did this white He-goat do when he was Governor, what did they do when the SE and SS dominated the last regime

Our parents generation are a bunch of selfish and wicked men and women, operating with a "Straff and Eat" mentality, nothing constructive

Please Note: I accept the truth, so should you cheesy
I truly doubt you are from the south

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by EnuguDadImoMom: 1:49pm On May 24, 2017
sdindan:

But u do terror
Hahaha, those guys can blow bangar abeg, cutting peoples head with knife, sending innocent children to blow themselves up, very disgusting.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by ozimec(m): 2:03pm On May 24, 2017
fiizznation:
[b] Funny clowns. Boycott the 2019, who cares? You 'restructure whiners' or whatever you called yourselves are funny and you think you are smart. When your silly incompetent brother was the president, you didn't shout restructure because the status-quo at that time was very good, you clowns benefited from it. The north was shortchanged and nobody said anything about the gentleman's agreement in place(a northerner completing yar'adua's term), instead we saw how you hypocrites supported the incompetent man in 2011. Nobody never forgets. Even when that old ugly man(obasanjo) was the president, nobody from the south said anything about restructuring, and now everybody thinks they are smart. Atiku can say whatever he wants and tell you whatever you guys wanna hear, but an average northerner knows why Atiku is screaming about 'restructuring'. And that man(atiku) is not influential here, he and his words don't influence anybody in the north.

Nigeria WON'T be restructured, and you fellas can do you worse. If you want a restructured Nigeria, then you have to wait when you are the majority in the NA.

And if Nigeria should be restructured, it will definitely be at our terms, that's when we feel like doing so. You can't blackmail the north with your silly threats. We know were we stand and we know why ya' hypocrites are shouting 'restructure Nigeria'.
[/b]

I'm really surprise that people still think this way.

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Ddaji(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2017
leftone:

You should be more objective with your arguments...you really haven't made any vital point in all you said. Restructuring is actually the way if we want progress. It would stimulate healthy competition and cooperation between regions...look back in history and compare Nigeria when we had geo-poItical zones to what we have now as states with so much power concentrated at the center.
Bros quit pain of loosing 2015 election in the name of restructuring.Election is like gambling and you made your choice unfortunate your candidate lost so you came up with restructuring.Haba!!! who do you want deceive.British gave us independent as restructured country with region competing among themselves but because greediness and desire to dominate other tribes your igbo leaders killed hausas and yoruba leaders and lump us in to unitary system.What guarantee do we have that event of Jan.1966 will not repeat itself.what has change now that politician of 1960 like Nzeifi are calamouring for restructuring.
Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 24, 2017
Ddaji:
[s]Bros quit pain of loosing 2015 election in the name of restructuring.Election is like gambling and you made your choice unfortunate your candidate lost so you came up with restructuring.Haba!!! who do you want deceive.British gave us independent as restructured country with region competing among themselves but because greediness and desire to dominate other tribes your igbo leaders killed hausas and yoruba leaders and lump us in to unitary system.What guarantee do we have that event of Jan.1966 will not repeat itself.what has change now that politician of 1960 like Nzeifi are calamouring for restructuring.[/s]
You guys can lie more than Satan shocked Nawa!!!

1 Like

Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by tk4rd: 7:00am On May 25, 2017
richdaddy75:
The present administration is not ready to restructure Nigeria. I support all regions who anticipate for restructuring to boycott election 2019, I hope that will be the beginning of the struggle
Boycotting election will not help.. Other zones will vote, and they would just declare winners and losers, not minding those that boycotted the elections..
It happened in 2015, where the people of South East boycotted the elections, save for some few people whose love for Jona is next to everything.
Re: "It's Either Restructuring Or Referendum" - Ezeife by tk4rd: 7:14am On May 25, 2017
ikechu1:

Oh while I'm at it, IPOB was one of the fastest growing radio during GEJ era hence the reason they were at to boycott the election in both SE and SS they claimed go have high listeners. Finally, your illiterate leader Buhari increased their population by single handily bringing more attention to the group. There was a reason GEJ ignored every thing from Nnamdi Kanu despite the multitude of insults he berated at both him, NOI and pretty much every igbo in GEJ Administration. Buhari like the illiterate that he is came into picture, decided to play macho man and single handily jumped up an already successful group to the fastest growing group in Nigeria now. Thank you Buhari for his illiteracy and stop trying to use his presidency as an excuse.

Oh why you calling hypocrites when you yoruba are exactly that. From your own fucking mouth, you stated "yoruba were the ones that asked restructured first" yet when Buhari came into picture and your sibling is the VPN, immediately yoruba became the biggest antagonist against anyone asking or wishing for restructure. Now that the north is dealing with una and treating your VPN and the rest of your leaders as mere rags, all of a sudden, Yoruba don join the restructure bandwagon again. Yet you dare ca others hypocrites. At least Igbo have always msintained the fight for biafra and not once, have thay changed. But for yoruba, when things aren't favoring una,,you screech "south unity and restructure" bUT when you think it's favoring una, you became the guard dog of Nigerian existence as it is right now. common get out of my face.
Aayyiiiiii.!!! grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Hires Lawyers With N500m To Recover N330bn From MTN / FG To Repatriate Abacha, Ibori’s Loots / One Year After EndSARS, 300 Protesters Still In Kirikiri, Says Victim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.