Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,282 members, 7,829,638 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time (8988 Views)

What Are The Bad Fuel Filter Symptoms? / New Items Alert.. Mobil 1 Oil ...prestone Coolant.... Fram Oil Filter / Mechanic Creates 2-faced Car That Can Be Driven Forward & Back At The Same Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by bee4un: 6:02pm On May 28, 2017
Xblink:
Check d condition of the ones ( fuel filter) u removed.... If its ok,... Den don't change it every time... U can skip one service...
As long as u ar using a clean fuel, u don't hv to be changing the filter every 3k .
I suspect the guy is also selling car parts so he wants more money....

I've never set my eyes on the fuel filter and so, I don't know what it looks like. I actually got to know about it (fuel filter) when I asked them to list the items that made up my bills during the last service.

1 Like

Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by bee4un: 6:08pm On May 28, 2017
chuka5000:

first u have to know the oil u use and how many miles u should do before changing. rav4 specified oil is supposed to do 5k miles (not kilometers) before changing.

abeg where the fuel filter dey. it's normally with the fuel pump in the fuel tank. which one una dey change. abi na Peugeot 504 with old school fuel filter u get?

Bros I really do not know where it is. I only saw it as part of the items that made up my Bills. I asked him and he says he has been changing it with oil filter for each service
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by bee4un: 6:09pm On May 28, 2017
Deem:
Yes that is the best practice
Which is best practice please?
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by bee4un: 6:13pm On May 28, 2017
ndcide:

Plz clarify you didn't mean oil filter.
I mean oil and fuel filter, both oil and fuellllllll filter.
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by bee4un: 6:19pm On May 28, 2017
oseiwe:

count the number of times that you have changed it, tell the mechanic to pay you back.

Lol. Such cases cannot be won.
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by disloman(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2017
doe:
it's the usual drivel spilled by our semi literate mechs. It's all an avenue to milk those that are gullible.

Hmmmm.What do I know?
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by CaptainFM1: 6:51pm On May 28, 2017
bee4un:
Please folks, i need an urgent help here. My mechanic says i must change fuel filter anytime am servicing my vehicle (oil change). This is a brand new vehicle (tear rubber). It was bought 2015. I have done this for over 1 year now (changing oil filter and fuel filter every 3000km not miles).

Please help a brother out.

If you vehicle comes with a manual, pls check the maintenance and service section of the manual. It will be stated there what and when to change. Most Nigeria mechanic only use try and error methods.
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by kingreign(m): 7:05pm On May 28, 2017
bee4un:

I've never set my eyes on the fuel filter and so, I don't know what it looks like. I actually got to know about it (fuel filter) when I asked them to list the items that made up my bills during the last service.
its official, you were being scammed all along. Thank goodness for Nairaland for your deliverance day is come.

1 Like

Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by timifakay(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2017
bee4un:

Ask him for the exact location and that he should bring out all the ones he has removed before.

1 Like

Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by Peterosky(m): 9:04pm On May 28, 2017
Hehehe!! it's like this thread is strictly for car owners. Any way,let me just park my car here and comment first b4 going to mama Nkoyo drinking sport. Enhe! bia Op did i just hear you say fuel filter or are you saying to say oil filter? Mechanics and their wahala. Your mechanic must be feeding fat from your pocket. My car is more than 2years now but i don't even know what is fuel filter. I only change my oil filter when i am changing my oil after every 3months. So your mechanic is just too amazing.

1 Like

Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by nurey(m): 9:10pm On May 28, 2017
ndidibabe:
What kind of car is this pls?
Toyota sienna 2000
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by nurey(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2017
ndidibabe:
Toyota sienna 2000
Re: Changing Oil Filter And Fuel Filter At Same Time by nurey(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2017
ndidibabe:
Toyota sienna 2000

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do This Simple “bounce Test” To Know If Your Car Has Suspension Problem / Driver's License Breaking News For Fresh Applicants / How Can One Know When The Leg Of Honda Car Is About To Pull Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.