Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,030 members, 7,821,568 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. (1033 Views)

How To Become A Swedish Citizen Through Master's Studies / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by neouser(m): 10:09am On May 24, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm a (former?) guest on other nairaland sections, but not Travel. Now though I need una help, so I registered and this is my first ever thread.

I have been saving up for a bit and now want to go to Sweden for like 2 weeks for tourism. I need help with some things:
1. What's the procedure to apply?
2. How much does it cost? (the visa application processing and fees)
3. What are the requirements/prerequisites for application? And what unwritten/unofficial requirements can help my chances?
4. How long does it typically take from application to getting the visa?
5. How much will a flight from Lagos to a Swedish airport typically cost, for a round trip, and can I pay in Naira?
6. What's accommodation like in Sweden? I intend to spend like 3 days each in 4 or 5 cities, is it better to stay in a BnB service or a hotel?
7. I've only been on an airplane twice in my life - return trip from Lagos to Abuja. So how is a long flight like, and what's the procedure for stopovers, will I need to lodge in an hotel for the stop over?
8. What's transport like in Sweden, is it better/cheaper/faster to go by bus, train or Uber?
9. What is the food like? What's the suggestion for someone used to beans and bread, and eba with draw soup?
10. The weather is warm now, do I still need to wear special clothes there? And if necessary, is it better to buy here or when I get there?
11. What is the cost of living? For my plan to move about, how much should I budget, and how do I convert my Naira to SEK or euros, or do I pay for things with my local bank ATM cards?
12. What are the chances that I will be turned down, and can I reapply if turned down?

If you can answer please do, otherwise help me tag someone who might be able to. If there's an existing thread that answers any of my questions, kindly direct me there, too.

Thanks so much.
Re: I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by def111(m): 10:21am On May 24, 2017
go and ask Google everything you need to know
Re: I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by neouser(m): 10:46am On May 24, 2017
def111:
go and ask Google everything you need to know

Thanks for your help.
Re: I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by neouser(m): 12:18pm On May 24, 2017
So nobody here knows about Sweden?
Re: I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by Nobody: 1:46am On May 25, 2017
neouser:
So nobody here knows about Sweden?
I know a lil' bit from my sis who did her master's in Sweden and from what I know getting her visa took a couple of months and accomodation is quite cheap. Idk how long you're going there for but I imagine staying in a hotel would be expensive. It's very safe there and people are law-abiding.
Re: I Want To Apply For A Swedish Tourist Visa. Please Help. by neouser(m): 2:24am On May 25, 2017
NotOfThis:
I know a lil' bit from my sis who did her master's in Sweden and from what I know getting her visa took a couple of months and accomodation is quite cheap. Idk how long you're going there for but I imagine staying in a hotel would be expensive. It's very safe there and people are law-abiding.

Thanks for your response. I will be staying for like 2 weeks, but across several cities... And this your cheap, na cheap by European standards or Nigerian standards? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Relocating To Ibadan; Help With A Nice Location / List Of Countries Nigerians Can Travel To Without Visa / Shocking: 'nigeria Is 5th Most Dangerous Country In World'-world Economic Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.