Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Building A Career In Information Systems Auditing - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Building A Career In Information Systems Auditing (741 Views)

How To Start A Career In Information Technology As A Novice In Nigeria / MTN Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Administrator Salary / Steps To Building A Career In Human Resources In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building A Career In Information Systems Auditing by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 24, 2017
Initially,audit was the exclusive career path for accountants. Until IT diffused into business processes such that it became virtually impossible to run a modern business without technology.
Accountants became unskilled to handle the emerging challenge. The first major computer fraud occurred at an Insurance Company in USA.The company used computer systems to create fictitious policies. The game went undetected for nine years until an insider blew the whistle. An audit firm was invited to investigate the fraud.It took them two years to finish the audit.They were in uncharted waters.
Since then, auditors have realized the need for specialized training in Information systems auditing.Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA) came up with a certification called Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) to ensure that an auditor has the required knowledge to carry out an IS audit engagement.
CISA is now globally recognized as an evidence of competence in audition computer systems.
A CISA has bright prospects. Every bank in Nigeria has Information Systems Audit department. It is a CBN requirement for the banks to have an electronic fraud investigation desk.These desks are often manned by CISAs.
Audit firms around the world are now carving out Information systems audit departments to complement the financial audit departments. I am currently recruiting a systems auditor for a medium- sized audit firm in Nigeria. In 20 15,I also developed systems audit checklist for a major audit firm in Lagos.That goes to show that the reality is dawning for the audit firms.
The need for computer auditors is being felt across industries without exception: manufacturing, oil and gas,consulting, trading,banking etc are hiring computer auditors in droves to safeguard their information assets.
What is the requirement to be a computer auditor?The fact is that anybody from any background can do the job.I have seen Chemists,Zoologists,Accountants, IT experts in this field.Once you passed the CISA exam,you are on your way to a fulfilling career needed globally.
I am starting an online training for CISA candidates on June 2,you can contact me on royalwayconsulting@yahoo.com or WhatsApp me on 08033587126.

1 Like

Re: Building A Career In Information Systems Auditing by Nobody: 12:58am On Jun 14, 2017
The Certified Information Systems Auditor(CISA) examination is a globally recognized certification in IT,Information Security and Information Systems Auditing professions.
Become globally recognized.Join our online training classes this weekend.
Saturday 1p.m.-5 p.m(option 1)
Sunday 1p.m.-5 p.m(option 2)
Price:N80,000
Call:08033587126
Email:royalwayconsulting@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Why Not Work For Yourself? / Lagos State Teachers Recruitment 2022-2023 (jobs.lagosstate.gov.ng) / Using The Telephone As A Sales Tool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.