Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,112 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? (18968 Views)

"Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert / Wife Beats, Hits Her Husband But The Husband Refuses To Fight Back / Should A Wife's Money Be '' Hers '' , While The Husband's Money Be " Ours " ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 9:30pm On May 25, 2017
thotianna:
Gosh African men are so annoying. Can you imagine some people saying any car gift must be for both husband and wife and not for wife alone?
If the long throat man wants a car he should ask his wife to share her car or hustle like his mates and buy one instead of trying to get his greedy paws on his wifes property and claiming it as his own.
Haba. A woman cannot get a gift from her father and have it in her name again. it must also belong to the husband.
Men are so heartless and greedy. Such rubbish
If you have a problem with your wife having more money than you then marry poor women that will depend on you financially so your stupid egos can get even more bloated.
truth but too harsh.please drink water
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 9:33pm On May 25, 2017
kennygee:
So as a parent, after raising a daughter from birth to her wedding day, after paying her fees, feeding, clothing her and giving her all the love I can give, I then need to seek permission from one guy before I can give her a gift?

I don't know about y'all, but I think its an ego problem.

The car or house gift won't be a problem later, they have bigger problems waiting for them.
exactly because if ordinary car can make his penis shrink,only God knows how fast his ego will be bloated if his wife got a new job where she earns higher

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Angy55(f): 9:37pm On May 25, 2017
HITTED:
I wish for a wife who will get a car gift from her father on our wedding day.

So help me God!
Amen
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 10:02pm On May 25, 2017
dangotesmummy:
you're just confused.please stop quoting me undecided

And as for your gender

I.D.G.A.F undecided

If you like be an haemaphrodite undecided

You are the slowpoke that quoted me without having your facts straight. Covering your ignorance with loose talk. Unam ikot
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:11pm On May 25, 2017
charain:

The question you should ask yourself is why an egoistic poor man will marry a rich woman ?
when a woman refuse to marry below her class you say; women are only after money,
when a rich woman fall for a poor guy you accuse her of disrespecting the husband by being rich.
What exactly do you want ?
I just taya.it seems no matter what its always the woman's fault
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:12pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:

You are the slowpoke that quoted me without having your facts straight. Covering your ignorance with loose talk. Unam ikot
your father is the unam ikot and your mother is the she-mbecile

She-diot
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by olaife80: 10:15pm On May 25, 2017
Hannysmilez:
Wawuuuu!!! Ordinary car and Nigerian men already are threatened. Wonder what they'd do if she buys a jet

Guess you are not married. Please ask your parent they will lecture you more.
A wise person knows its wrong.
This is a Wedding gift not birthday gift.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:15pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:

If u go and read from my first response, you would see that I am not a dude and that I do not see anything wrong in the car gift
good
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:16pm On May 25, 2017
olaife80:

Guess you are not married. Please ask your parent they will lecture you more.
A wise person knows its wrong.
This is a Wedding gift not birthday gift.
see this one.So it has now become a crime to collect gift from her father again because she's married?
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by morganwizzy55(m): 10:20pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:
But if he had given them a tray as a gift he wouldn't need to ask permission in case they already have enough trays. Such myopic and egocentric mindset! Whatever they do with their gifts is left to them. It is a wedding gift and she is his daughter.
What broke the marriage might not be the gifts bit how the couple handled it.

the wife might b stingy in other material. may be during argument she do claim that this is hers. so the house n car might be a big blow to him. a wife prop is her own. his husband too is her own. but men can't claim theirs
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 10:21pm On May 25, 2017
dangotesmummy:
your father is the unam ikot and your mother is the she-mbecile

She-diot

They are both dead and gone. Nice try. You can keep the insults for yours.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:25pm On May 25, 2017
DOnlooker:

Be careful what you wish for. A father who just one hour after you and his daughter has been joined together as ONE, singles her out and gifts her a car in the full glare of the wedding guests is sending you some strong non-coded messages among which are;
1.) He doesn't see you as the head of the newly created family otherwise it should have been both of you together he will hand over the car keys.
2.) No matter the circumstances, in the event of any misunderstanding, you will always be the one at fault.
3.) He is trying to intimidate you already with money.
etc, etc.
I wouldn't want to have a FIL that will do that, not on the wedding day at least because it will leave a lasting impression on the guests that her father will continue to bankroll my marriage. A real man will understand.
this your number 3 just confirmed this is plain ego and fake pride

Is the father of the bride and groom doing competition? Or are they in some form of competition as to who will outdo who.this is just ego,that Yoruba's call agidi talaka

If you say the wife should return it no Problem but make sure she's not trekking or jumping on okada especially when she's pregnant because you think collecting car from fil means no respect

Need I remind you that a girl who's disrespectful is disrespectful, whether or not her father carry.even children of pepper seller or corn seller can be unsubmissive in marriage. It has nothing to do with her background.

Moreover if your mother bought car for you and named it for only you does it change the fact that your wife still has vagina?

You must really think the world revolves around you guys over inflated ego
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:31pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:

They are both dead and gone. Nice try. You can keep the insults for yours.
even if they were alive nko? grin

What difference does it make? grin

OK I know why they died. Na you use your smelling character send them to their early grave. grin

Born throway grin tongue

So you now see how it feels having a taste of your words grin tongue

See it barking up and down like rabid dog grin tongue
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:33pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:
But if he had given them a tray as a gift he wouldn't need to ask permission in case they already have enough trays. Such myopic and egocentric mindset! Whatever they do with their gifts is left to them. It is a wedding gift and she is his daughter.
grin grin

Gbam gbamer gbamessssttttttt
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:41pm On May 25, 2017
Snow84:

Learn how to pass relationship-related comments from that Raine80 moniker. If the father had made it known that he gave the car to her daughter, that marriage is doomed, especially if the man is not rich enough to own a car. If the husband is not rich, and the wife is from a rich family, enrich the man, for charity sake, and see the man becoming grateful by loving his wife more, assuming what brought them together initially is genuine love. Before marriage, the father should have tested the man by giving him 1m naira to see r what he can do with it. If the 1m naira vanishes without making any good use of it, the father would advise her daughter to be wary of the man, and steer clear of interfering in the affairs of the upcoming family. You don't have to teach young people, adversities will teach them.
#yawns #

So you mean as you old reach, you never see where men will begin to opress their wives with their fathers wealth, even cheating with the money to her face

Hmnnn with this scary comments I'm seeing from this end time men suffering inferiority and superiority complex,fathers need to protect and empower their daughters o.because. smh
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 10:43pm On May 25, 2017
dangotesmummy:
even if they were alive nko? grin

What difference does it make? grin

OK I know why they died. Na you use your smelling character send them to their early grave. grin

Born throway grin tongue

So you now see how it feels having a taste of your words grin tongue

See it barking up and down like rabid dog grin tongue

Let's wait for you to kill yoirs then.

Crazy kid. You started with the insults and quoting me and acting like a rabies infected dog.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by dangotesmummy: 10:46pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:

Crazy kid. You started with the insults and quoting me and acting like a rabies infected dog.
crazy animal.born throway thing.

Na you kill your parents tongue

Cover your face in shame tongue

Shame,shame,shameeeeee tongue grin tongue
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by HaneefahRN(f): 10:56pm On May 25, 2017
Snow84:

Learn how to pass relationship-related comments from that Raine80 moniker. If the father had made it known that he gave the car to her daughter, that marriage is doomed, especially if the man is not rich enough to own a car. If the husband is not rich, and the wife is from a rich family, enrich the man, for charity sake, and see the man becoming grateful by loving his wife more, assuming what brought them together initially is genuine love. Before marriage, the father should have tested the man by giving him 1m naira to see r what he can do with it. If the 1m naira vanishes without making any good use of it, the father would advise her daughter to be wary of the man, and steer clear of interfering in the affairs of the upcoming family. You don't have to teach young people, adversities will teach them.

They can always enrich him.and then he decides the best way to repay them is go flaunt his wealth and carry useless babes up and down town.
The greatest mistake any parent can make is enriching their daughter's husband thinking that will make him treat her well. He will only treat her well cos he is a good person . Humans most often than not tend to be ingrates.

And what's the big deal about a father giving his daughter a car as a gift?
If he wants a car he should work for it. It is their type that will seize their wives property and still oppress her with it. The guy is suffering from inferiority complex, his wife's parents owe him nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Abudu2000(m): 11:03pm On May 25, 2017
That father should be investigated by efcc...so in this recession him get that cash ?
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by olaife80: 11:09pm On May 25, 2017
ImaIma1:

It's okay mam don't be offended this is part of things that happened when kids take over the media forum. You shouldn't be bother about that, please don't take it personal
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by bukatyne(f): 11:14pm On May 25, 2017
I thought a wedding gift was a surprise?

One of the major reasons the rich stick to their kind.

Imagine Indimi stalking because Buhari gave Zahra a house in London as her wedding gift (an example).

Let water seek their level biko.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by bukatyne(f): 11:15pm On May 25, 2017
dangotesmummy:
this your number 3 just confirmed this is plain ego and fake pride

Is the father of the bride and groom doing competition? Or are they in some form of competition as to who will outdo who.this is just ego,that Yoruba's call agidi talaka

If you say the wife should return it no Problem but make sure she's not trekking or jumping on okada especially when she's pregnant because you think collecting car from fil means no respect

Need I remind you that a girl who's disrespectful is disrespectful, whether or not her father carry.even children of pepper seller or corn seller can be unsubmissive in marriage. It has nothing to do with her background.

Moreover if your mother bought car for you and named it for only you does it change the fact that your wife still has vagina?

You must really think the world revolves around you guys over inflated ego

Agidi Talaka....

That's just the word.

Poverty is truly a disease.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by ImaIma1(f): 11:25pm On May 25, 2017
olaife80:

It's okay mam don't be offended this is part of things that happened when kids take over the media forum. You shouldn't be bother about that, please don't take it personal

Haba! I am not offended. I know NL has a lot of uncaged animals.
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by PDPGuy: 12:54am On May 26, 2017
PaperLace:
Which useless topic is this?
Permission to give my own daughter gift? Is the guy's brain on reverse or what? If it were the other way round, we would have been hearing "my mother that watched my infant bed, my mum comes first". Ordinary car? Not house?

Some Nigerian men ego be bigger than Jupiter.

See why some babes are hypergamous? Mtcheew.

I don't understand the fuss about the gift o. People just love unnecessary drama in everything. Chai

But, ma'am wetin be hypergamous? The thing sounds like Obiahiagbon English
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Sprumbaba: 1:12am On May 26, 2017
Raine80:
Let's clarify this
1. If the gifts were for the daughter then there is a problem. He could have done this before she got married
2. Since when do you give one party gifts at a wedding is it not meant for both of them?
3. Maybe the daughter is one of those women who makes the man know she comes from money, they argue " get out of my house" she is unhappy " get out of my car!" So the man left. It's not just about the car or the house as it was 6 months after the wedding. It is about what the car represents.

What if it is a will, it belongs to the daughter right?
Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Sleekshady(f): 1:12am On May 26, 2017
The FIL is wrong, it's a wedding gift and not a Birthday gift, if he wanted to gift only the daughter the car it shouldn't be as a wedding gift. Anything gifted on a wedding day should be given to the couple.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by oaroloye(m): 2:29am On May 26, 2017
SHALOM!

She is well shot of that bastard: HE NEVER LOVED HER.

Only an IDIOT would marry a man who HATES HER FATHER.

The BOY has a LOT to learn about ADULT RESPONSIBILITIES.

AMERICAN, of course, I presume?

[POSTSCRIPT.]

Looking closer at the TWEETS cited, I see that this is supposed to be an AFRICAN Event?

I now believe that this is a mere TROLL, and NEVER HAPPENED.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by davidif: 2:58am On May 26, 2017
ImaIma1:

GBAM!!!! Someone please help me with that meme of Drake clapping.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by davidif: 3:01am On May 26, 2017
firstking01:
Giving somebody gift is not wrong but simple courtesy demands that you let your spouse know to avoid unnecessary hintches in the relationship....in the case of the lady in clue she's even married sef and that's the more reason she should let her hubby know irrespective of who gave her the gift....

You were away but i kept seeing your shared post??

If the man's ego is too fragile that he cannot accept the fact that someone is willing to give his own daughter a car as a wedding gift then maybe both of them don't need to be together in the first place. He should leave. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by davidif: 3:03am On May 26, 2017
Snow84:

If the man's ego is too fragile that he cannot accept the fact that someone is willing to give his own daughter a car as a wedding gift then maybe both of them don't need to be together in the first place. He should leave. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Nobody: 4:28am On May 26, 2017
PDPGuy:

I don't understand the fuss about the gift o. People just love unnecessary drama in everything. Chai

But, ma'am wetin be hypergamous? The thing sounds like Obiahiagbon English
Na naija marriage, they will strip you of your own existence. grin

Hypergamy is the act of 'marrying up' (i.e) a social status higher than yours.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Your Daughter Car As A Wedding Gift Wrong Without The Husband's Consent? by Mofpearl: 5:31am On May 26, 2017
HaneefahRN:

They can always enrich him.and then he decides the best way to repay them is go flaunt his wealth and carry useless babes up and down town.
The greatest mistake any parent can make is enriching their daughter's husband thinking that will make him treat her well. He will only treat her well cos he is a good person . Humans most often than not tend to be ingrates.

And what's the big deal about a father giving his daughter a car as a gift?
If he wants a car he should work for it. It is their type that will seize their wives property and still oppress her with it. The guy is suffering from inferiority complex, his wife's parents owe him nothing.
Gbam!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nairalanders!!!!! Please Advise On This For Bride Price Paying Ceremony / Is It Justified Or Pure Wickedness? / Is It Right For Married People To Go Clubbing ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.