Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. (28829 Views)

“I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter / Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family? / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Holuwaseun001(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
Exactly i thank God for my life oo
obowunmi:

Your FATHER should NOT be having children if he had no intention of taking care of them. Seriously, children need guidance and support. No wonder suicide rates amongst young people are so HIGH.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Benekruku(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
Result of having more than the children you can cater for

Your dad is stressed out...

Dawned on him he can no longer make an impact on the bulk kids at hand

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by prettyomidan: 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
Hmmmm. Eiya. This is serious. U thought the jjokke was a [b][/b]plank and me I tot. It was wood.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by smith666999(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
my dear, if Life throws Shit to you, pls build a septic tank. a lesson for all.

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by adekennis(m): 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
Eleyi gidi gan!!
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by wetindeyhappen: 8:15pm On May 25, 2017
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by luminouz(m): 8:16pm On May 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:
You are 21 go out and hustle ....dude by 25 I had bought a car from my my mum. ..I really your dad he has tried ..I left my dad's home at 11 and I haven't spent 3 weeks there till today
Really? Then what's with ur English n stuttering?
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
My dear forget about him and strive hard to make it. I have a friend that struggled through nothing, infact he came out with ordinary Pass in his OND but where is his today? He works with an organization under United Nations. Omo everyone gat there individual race to run. It might b rough at the beginning but surely things will get better if u persevere.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
Your Dad loves you and your brothers very much. What he has done now will make you all very independent minded and you will become better men. Today y'all will think your Dad is wicked. But remember this day, your Dad was already married at 24/25 and your elder brother has reached that stage and age. And your Dad says 'I am fuccking tired, At your Age I was already independent and married your mother and you all are depending on me'.

It is called mid-life crisis. Sorry

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by delishpot: 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
If he is alive when you click fifty, you also Tel him you want to enjoy life so therefore, you can not care for him again cool

But for real bro, how old are you? If you are above 20 you better start hussle get small small. Even if na to learn tailoring o.

2 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by SalamRushdie: 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
luminouz:

Got this same car for my mum and will get her something better before the year ends .. Sorry I am hanging out now..will take down this pic soon though ..just posted it incase u think I am lying

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by DanseMacabre(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
Tell am say that life expectancy rating wey him dey see say dem give Naija for global world index na wash.

I don't want to have to conclude that it's a subtle way of informing you guys that he's been diagnosed with a terminal illness.

Whatever the case, he needs you guys' prayers.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by unipol(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
Since he is sure he would die at 50, he should have stopped giving birth at 30 to be able to finish training his kids before retiring to death. But op, u are not alone many fathers are like that but they might not say it openly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by softiebae: 8:19pm On May 25, 2017
Ekuru:
That's not a general mentality, it's a selective one for people that are already self-centered.

Now dude, forget your dad, just assume he's dead already and live your life as a young man with no father.
selective for some igbo men, they believe as a male child you should start taking care of yourself when you become an adult

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by bareal(m): 8:19pm On May 25, 2017
Splinz:

What a nigga. That man doesn't want anything to hinder his enjoyment to the fullest. smiley

Okay John, you're 21 now. It's time to brace up for the challenges ahead. The old man has made his decision.

Good luck!

That man is a real Nigga
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Originalsly: 8:20pm On May 25, 2017
I don't blame your father. You're 21...an adult.... a man.... and so are your elder brothers.. men. Why on earth should 3 grown adult men be depending fully on their father for food, clothing, shelter and school fees? What are you doing to contribute financially to the home? It is time you and your siblings start fending for yourselves and allow your father to enjoy the rest of his years with his wife.

6 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by luminouz(m): 8:21pm On May 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Got this same car for my mum and will get her something better before the year ends .. Sorry I am hanging out now..will take down this pic soon though ..just posted it incase u think I am lying
OK o.....don't lemme disturb ur enjoyment! Bye!!
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by OBAGADAFFI: 8:21pm On May 25, 2017
You're Twenty-one and you don't know the meaning of Independence.

Do you know some Billionaires don't prepare any inheritance for their children?

The man simply want to see you becoming self- sufficient.

2 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 25, 2017
luminouz:

What's d correlation now?

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by SalamRushdie: 8:22pm On May 25, 2017
luminouz:

OK o.....don't lemme disturb ur enjoyment! Bye!!

Day I paid for that in VI .yes I was 25 and I bought it for my mum
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
Lol to me your father is the most straightfoward person on planet earth.....
the man is just been truthful

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 8:23pm On May 25, 2017
On no account should a man abandon his responsibilities in as much as he's still breathing and strong enough. Why abandon children simply because he's getting old? My dad died in 2008 @ age 106 though am the youngest in a family of 22, he still pay my school fees and others till death.

2 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by muffyt05: 8:24pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Your father is the most selfish human on earth. You should as well relay to him to keep aside money for his burial arrangement, 'cause if I were in your shoes, I won't spend a penny from my hard earned money in his burial. Even your mum isn't helpful, they suit each other for a couple.

My dear,you are the most selfish and unreasonable human being in the world. To be logical, the man's just being paranoid and its only normal for the children to try to understand him,even though its not the right thing to do. But for you to suggest the OP shouldn't spend his money at the man's burial,what about the money spent by the father from day 1 to his 21st yr. See why you're the most wicked person ever liveth?

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 25, 2017
muffyt05:

My dear,you are the most selfish and unreasonable human being in the world. To be logical, the man's just being paranoid and its only normal for the children to try to understand him,even though its not the right thing to do. But for you to suggest the OP shouldn't spend his money at the man's burial,what about the money spent by the father from day 1 to his 21st yr. See why you're the most wicked person ever liveth?
Gerarrahia mehn!, so he and the wife are just paranoid and their sons left the house?.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 25, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

May God guide you in this journey.
Buckley-up, man!

You have a wonderful dad.

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by delpee(f): 8:28pm On May 25, 2017
A responsible father should do the best he can for his children especially giving them a good education/training. He's still young at 50 except if he found out that he has a terminal disease. Sadly his attitude coupled with the support of your mum may make things difficult for him later in life if he lives long against his expectation. As he sows so shall he reap.

However, it's your life and you have to build a future for yourself. Assume that you have no one to fall back on. Pray and meditate deeply to generate ideas on the best way forward. You can get a part time job to pay your fees if you're in school. Don't consider any job too demeaning but don't engage in criminal activities. Be focused on showing your parents that you can fight your battles with God on your side.

You may also talk to elders that your parents respect and who are sincere in their dealings with the family. Their advice/ intervention may go a long way. Make efforts and ask God for favor.
God will surely guide your steps and make things easier for you if you trust in Him.

2 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by stagger: 8:28pm On May 25, 2017
OP, I bought my first car at 25. Paid my first rent at 26. By 29 I was married.

Wake up!

8 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by travelpoint: 8:28pm On May 25, 2017
Legalbeing:
My name is john. Am twenty one
Here is my story. Not just a story but an irony of truth and lies.
Do u know that if any human clocks 50 all he keeps thinking was his death?....(daddy said so)
Just like a utility maximisation, we tend to reach to a point and depreciate.
My father abandoned me and my siblings
just because he will soon die and he need to plan and enjoy the few years he has to spend on earth. He told my Mum that we all have our own future fend for. if we keep expecting him to pay our school fees, buy cloths and feed us complete thrice and many more that we are joking.. He also told my elderst brother that the money he has is for him and his wife. I thought the joke was a plank.. Not until when my two elder brother left the home to no destination.. I sat to share issues with my mum who pointed out vividly that my Daddy made the right decision.
So i wonder if that is right.. Is it only my father that has that mentality or is it a general undertaken. Someone needs a help.
You are 21 years old bro, you are now a man. He said NO then stop seeking help from him.

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by obowunmi(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin such men do not die early dey wld stay alive n continue to frustrate u....

so sad and so true. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by kitaatita: 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
Splinz:

What a nigga. That man doesn't want anything to hinder his enjoyment to the fullest. smiley

Okay John, you're 21 now. It's time to brace up for the challenges ahead. The old man has made his decision.

Good luck!

I agree with you fully. Why should a 21 year old able bodied man complain that he is not spoon-fed. He should get off his butt and be productive. When will he learn responsibility?

4 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Osaib: 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
Legalbeing:
My name is john. Am twenty one
Here is my story. Not just a story but an irony of truth and lies.
Do u know that if any human clocks 50 all he keeps thinking was his death?....(daddy said so)
Just like a utility maximisation, we tend to reach to a point and depreciate.
My father abandoned me and my siblings
just because he will soon die and he need to plan and enjoy the few years he has to spend on earth. He told my Mum that we all have our own future fend for. if we keep expecting him to pay our school fees, buy cloths and feed us complete thrice and many more that we are joking.. He also told my elderst brother that the money he has is for him and his wife. I thought the joke was a plank.. Not until when my two elder brother left the home to no destination.. I sat to share issues with my mum who pointed out vividly that my Daddy made the right decision.
So i wonder if that is right.. Is it only my father that has that mentality or is it a general undertaken. Someone needs a help.

Yesterday U were married and your neighbor's wife calls you woman wrapper. Today you are 21 and your father has decided to abandon his responsibilities in search of enjoyment. No bi only woman wrapper, you will soon be called papa wrapper. E bi like say this your mu** na follow come.

4 Likes

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Damfostopper(m): 8:31pm On May 25, 2017
SalamRushdie:
You are 21 go out and hustle ....dude by 25 I had bought a car from my my mum. ..I really your dad he has tried ..I left my dad's home at 11 and I haven't spent 3 weeks there till today
everybody ain't the same... ur luck n his luck might not be the same

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... / Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.