Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,075 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. (28845 Views)

“I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter / Is It The Responsibility Of A Man To Take Care Of His Wife's Family? / It Is Not Your Responsibility To Take Care Of Your Parents -Bisi Alimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by jimb(m): 9:05am On May 26, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin such men do not die early dey wld stay alive n continue to frustrate u....

l swear
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by jenti: 9:10am On May 26, 2017
At 21 and ur elder brothers @ 23 & 25 respectively need to grow up. Your father may hv observed that you are not willing to be responsible. You take 3 meals at home daily including pocket money, clothing, undies etc
He may hv realised that if he continues this way, he will die with nothing.

Im sure he will hv spoken to the three of u severally on the need to find sething doing & u ignored him.
Ordinarily most mothers will suppirt their children against haerd hearted fathers, if ur mother agrees with his view, then something is wrong somewher with u d 3 children.

U didnt tell us ur brothers age & u educational qualifications. At 21, u ought to be in the university or higher institution if u are serious. However if u are still writing Jamb & ur father sees no seriousness in you, he should be getting worried as to when he will begin to live his own life

My advise
Take responsibility for ur life. Be matured. At 21+ & by law, u are fully matured to take full responsibility for ur life.
Look for work instead of where it is happening next.
Have a plan for ur future . If u show serousness, he will not abandon ugo & talk to him

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by onehouse(m): 9:18am On May 26, 2017
Life can sometimes be though while growing up especially in a place like Nigeria. i guess the reason why the poster feels he does today is due to his unpreparedness for it. Off course every parents should be there for their kids no matter how old they are. However, lack of finances sometimes make them a bit indifference to their child(ren) upbringing. Just like the poster, i once observed almost similar trait in my dad as well but then I was almost done with my undergraduate studies. i had to brace up to take on life head-on . With God's help and grace, i am in a different place today and I have a child of mind own as well. I reside in a different country today and from all observation, the system inculcates the act of independence into a child right from age 1 till age 18. Even when I try to help out by every means possible, It amazes me to see my child take initiative on her own without wanting input from me. In fact, she takes pride in it. Perhaps, irrespective of how independent she grows to become in life, I will forever be there for her no matter what happens.

@ Poster, I know life can be hard growing up in Nigeria but then don't let these hold you down from moving forward with your life. You can still attain greatness in life irrespective of happenings around you today. Make the right friends, take the right decision and above all trust God to see you through it.

With the little that God had help me to achieve today, I am definitely sure my child(ren) will always be thankful to God for help me attain such heights because he/she will not be starting where my parents stopped but where I stopped at after I leave this earth.

In closing, in the words of the preacher, he said and I quote "For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion." - Ecclesiastes 9:4

You have hope and you will definitely make it through life to being greater than your parents if you keep your heart to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by bencarson007(m): 9:28am On May 26, 2017
Nina4u:
check ur mail.. I'm going to bed.. Got to work 8 am to 11 pm tomorrow and time is already 1 am.. Gnight

That's okay. Stay strong... I just mailed you.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by alaskido(m): 9:46am On May 26, 2017
Your father just told you the Gospel truth. As from 18 years you are a man and can fend for yourself. Do not depend on your father. The day he dies you will understand what life is all about. The earlier you start to fend for yourself the better for you. I support him. I told my kids same thing. I left my father's house when I was 19 to hustle on my own and today I have made it.

1 Like

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 26, 2017
Poster, you will be fine. Don't let it all overwhelm you. I do not approve of how he is going about it and I have decided not to know what exactly he is thinking with this actions but one thing is for sure, you have to take care of yourself at this point. Part of me is hoping your mum will help out by the side and your dad will see your hustle and help out with major stuffs. Till then try zero your mind and try to find the positive- your journey of life may have taken a new turn but you will survive. I can only try to imagine how you are feeling and I feel for you.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by obowunmi(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2017
[/b] The responses in this thread highlight major differences between the RICH and the POOR.[b]

Rich people will set their kids up with the best schools, a masters program abroad, find jobs for their kids, find wife, find husband, buy house, buy car, build business....all curtersy of their parents.

See these poor nairalanders asking a 17/18 year old to fend for himself.... HOW? explain this maths to me, what type of job can a 17year old get.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by onehouse(m): 2:22pm On May 26, 2017
obowunmi:
[/b] The responses in this thread highlight major differences between the RICH and the POOR.[b]

Rich people will set their kids up with the best schools, a masters program abroad, find jobs for their kids, find wife, find husband, buy house, buy car, build business....all curtersy of their parents.

See these poor nairalanders asking a 17/18 year old to fend for himself.... HOW? explain this maths to me, what type of job can a 17year old get.

Another troller in attack mode...lmao. Whatever you call yourself...what solution have you offered the poster with you wailing comments?
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by obowunmi(m): 2:45pm On May 26, 2017
onehouse:

Another troller in attack mode...lmao. Whatever you call yourself...what solution have you offered the poster with you wailing comments?

You didnt read it.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by justphillips(m): 9:21pm On May 26, 2017
Legalbeing:
My name is john. Am twenty one
Here is my story. Not just a story but an irony of truth and lies.
Do u know that if any human clocks 50 all he keeps thinking was his death?....(daddy said so)
Just like a utility maximisation, we tend to reach to a point and depreciate.
My father abandoned me and my siblings
just because he will soon die and he need to plan and enjoy the few years he has to spend on earth. He told my Mum that we all have our own future fend for. if we keep expecting him to pay our school fees, buy cloths and feed us complete thrice and many more that we are joking.. He also told my elderst brother that the money he has is for him and his wife. I thought the joke was a plank.. Not until when my two elder brother left the home to no destination.. I sat to share issues with my mum who pointed out vividly that my Daddy made the right decision.
So i wonder if that is right.. Is it only my father that has that mentality or is it a general undertaken. Someone needs a help.

I thought the joke was a plank[i]
Legalbeing:
Do u know that if any human clocks 50 all he keeps thinking was his death?....(daddy said so)
just because he will soon die and he need to plan and enjoy the few years he has to spend on earth. He told my Mum that we all have our own future fend for. if we keep expecting him to pay our school fees, buy cloths and feed us complete thrice and many more that we are joking.. He also told my elderst brother that the money he has is for him and his wife. I thought the joke was a plank.. Not until when my two elder brother left the home to no destination.. I sat to share issues with my mum who pointed out vividly that my Daddy made the right decision.
So i wonder if that is right.. Is it only my father that has that mentality or is it a general undertaken. Someone needs a help.

I thought the joke was a plank[/i]
Legalbeing:

I thought the joke was a plank

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by romme2u: 11:10pm On May 26, 2017
stagger:
OP, I bought my first car at 25. Paid my first rent at 26. By 29 I was married.

Wake up!

why do you guys always believe life is straight forward. you had it easier in life doesn't mean others will be that lucky.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 2:07am On May 27, 2017
Legalbeing:
\

It's time for you to GROW UP. You are old enough to begin fending for yourself. The same is true for your brothers. Your father is helping you become a MAN.
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 27, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

I won't mind killing you! Waste of space, go and hustle your own. Fathers are there to train you to 18 or at most 21.

N Who the Bleep* R U Bitch*
Re: My Daddy Abandoned Responsibility All Because He Is 50year Waiting To Die.. by Nobody: 12:24am On May 28, 2017
stagger:

this is the mentality that is responsible for our high unemployment rate in Nigeria. Bill Gates was 19 when he started Microsoft with Tim Allen. I hope you know this.
started, started it took years, after that before Microsoft was ever successful, at that age he was still using his dad garage, same thing Steven jobs. patience is key. Very few people are certain of what they want to do at their 20's, yhud be making a very myopic life long decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.