Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra (967 Views)

Olorunrinu: 'Nigerians Should Beg Tinubu To Contest 2023 Presidency’ / PDP Replies Obasanjo: We Did Not Procure Supreme Court Judgement / Shehu Sani - Those Agitating For Biafra Have Never Seen War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by bukifemi1: 4:47pm On May 25, 2017
Obasanjo: We should beg those agitating for Biafra that there is enough cake to share

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says engaging in dialogue with those agitating for an independent state of Biafra is a sure way to resolving the issue.

Speaking at the Biafra conference in Abuja on Thursday, the former president said Nigerians must treat the country with care.

He said the country’s fundamental problem was that it had lacked national leaders.

“We never had a national leader. Our leaders at the beginning were mindful of their regions. That is our problem till today,” he said.

‎”I have maintained that the young officers who struck in 1966 were naive but there were some element of nationalism in some of them. Be that as it may, it set us back.”

He said the war showed the bad side of the country.

“The language used in the war did not help matters, the people on the Biafra side called us vandals and we called them rebels,” he said.

We thought we would end the war in three months, but it took us 30 months, and the federal side nearly lost it.

‎”Civil war is more difficult than fighting in a foreign land because we are fighting to unite.

‎”‎Even a soldier of mine who tried to rape a woman… I had to chase him with a gun. He did not succeed in raping the woman, and I did not have to gun him down.”

Obasanjo said some of those agitating for Biafra today lacked an understanding of what it entails.

“Some of the people agitating for Biafra today were not even born then. They don’t know what it entails,” he said.

‎”But I think, we should even appeal to those saying they want to go, we should not tell them to go, we should make them understand that there is enough cake to share. We should massage Nigeria just like in a love relationship.”
Follow us on twitter @thecableng

Copyright 2017 TheCable. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thecable.ng as the source.

https://www.thecable.ng/obasanjo-beg-agitating-biafra-enough-cake-share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Ngokafor(f): 4:48pm On May 25, 2017
...Mr Obasanjo,it is too late..,Damned too late....By the way,you and your minions blackmail with war is also very lame and weak..period.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by mikeycharles(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2017
beg ke, if they want to leave, let them leave after all it's not by force
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by YOUNGrapha(m): 4:53pm On May 25, 2017
B
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Schematics: 4:53pm On May 25, 2017
There is a reason OBJ is popular and endeared across all regions of Nigeria, he is always say things without caring whose ox is gored.
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Schematics: 4:56pm On May 25, 2017
“We thought we would end the war in three months, but it took us 30 months, and the federal side nearly lost it''- Olusegun Obasanjo(May 2017).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is it..the truth is coming out gradually. Ikemba Nnewi- General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu shall continue to live in the mind of every Igbo man. If not for the combined fire-power of UK, Germany, France etc, Ojukwu would have won the war flat.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Built2last: 4:56pm On May 25, 2017
Dialogue not bullet.

I laughed when AbdullahI said only 10% of Igbos want to secede.

Biafra actualisation is seated deeply in over 98% Igbos. They are yet to just show it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 4:57pm On May 25, 2017
The idea cannot be defeated, one day the Egyptians (alimis and afonjas) would let us go...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by flyingsnail(f): 4:58pm On May 25, 2017
We told them 1967 is not 2017, Those people have all the contacts, education, money and live all over the world.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by YOUNGrapha(m): 4:58pm On May 25, 2017
mikeycharles:
beg ke, if they want to leave, let them leave after all it's not by force
chai since emeka bought your family single remaining land in iyana oba u haven't recovered from the shock.. cry cry

leave them go to osun state and buy a plot of land for 50thousands maybe they wouldn't grab it also from u................OLODO grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Firgemachar: 5:02pm On May 25, 2017
afonjas sure know how to totori flatiyeasterners. grin
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 25, 2017
uu
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by DieBuhari: 5:08pm On May 25, 2017
That's what Yorubas have been doing.
Unity beggars.....

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by mikeycharles(m): 5:09pm On May 25, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
chai since emeka bought your family single remaining land in iyana oba u haven't recovered from the shock.. cry cry

leave them go to osun state and buy a plot of land for 50thousands maybe they wouldn't grab it also from u................OLODO grin
angry Emeka is actually the name of my neighbour and by the way I condemn tribalism.
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by abouzaid: 5:09pm On May 25, 2017
Nigeria have never worked, is not working and would never work. it's Biafra or death.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Axelrod(m): 5:10pm On May 25, 2017
Kkk
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by tinkinjow: 5:11pm On May 25, 2017
Whether he means it or not does not matter. What matters is that at the very least, that's how a statesman should talk as it is the right of the igbos to seek self determination.
But this kind of talk should have been the norm since. Not the constant threat and provocation. I just hope it's not too late.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by YOUNGrapha(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2017
mikeycharles:
angry Emeka is actually the name of my neighbour and by the way I condemn tribalism.
abi na tribalism don already condemn you cheesy cheesy
olodo common come and be going to meet ur english teacher cry

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by mikeycharles(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
Are you mad at me or something

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by NIGHTMAREOO7: 5:17pm On May 25, 2017
Ok..
hit like wen it gets to fp.
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by mikeycharles(m): 5:17pm On May 25, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
Are you mad at me or something
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by YOUNGrapha(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2017
mikeycharles:
I you mad at me or something
I IS NOT MAD AT YOU.....LMAO I DON SEE SARRKI BROTHER OOH grin grin
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by mikeycharles(m): 5:22pm On May 25, 2017
YOUNGrapha:
I IS NOT MAD AT YOU.....LMAO I DON SEE SARRKI BROTHER OOH grin grin
I made a mistake, but sincerely I have nothing against the Igbos but the Biafra thing is becoming annoying, just leave if you wanna leave.
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by Mynd44: 5:22pm On May 25, 2017
Re: Obasanjo: We Should Beg Those Agitating For Biafra by abouzaid: 5:22pm On May 25, 2017
and osibanjo is already threatening us with war.at this rate, things would only be getting worse with Nigeria, why can't we go our separate ways and take control of our destinies? Nigeria is a mere geographical expression created by the British for their own evil intentions~awolowo.

1 Like

(1)

PHOTOS: Dogara Conferred With The Title Of Ome Udo 1 Of Aba / We Have No Issues Against Peace Corps - Civil Defence Tells Senate / APGA Will Lose Anambra Guber Poll For Opposing & Killing Our Members -- IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.