Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,153 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) (22533 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Isreally4u(m): 7:19pm On May 25, 2017
vision achieved! shocked shocked
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by frugal(m): 7:22pm On May 25, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

The degree is honorary.
Don't waste your time. I doubt people understand the difference. They think he attended classes and sat for exams.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by chiraqDemon(m): 7:23pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
something I learnt from his life

pursue your dreams, even if it costs you your degree...

some degrees are even hindering people from achieving success
Tell this one to ur nigerian parents and wake up on a hospital bed the next morning, abi u want ppl to laugh at them for parenting a dropout, or u dont want them to brag that their son is a graduate in the midst of their friends?
Unfortunately most nigerians tie success to degree. And can stuggle in school for years sometimes in a course they have no interest in. All for a degree.
Degrees are good but aint no guarantee of success especially

Btw d degree is honorary sha

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by dingbang(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2017
chiraqDemon:

Tell this one to ur nigerian parents and wake up on a hospital bed the next morning, abi u want ppl to laugh at them for parenting a dropout, or u dont want them to brag that their son is a graduate in the midst of their friends?
Unfortunately most nigerians tie success to degree. And can stuggle in school for years sometimes in a course they have no interest in. All for a degree.
Degrees are good but aint no guarantee of success especially

Btw d degree is honorary sha
lol even if Zuckerberg didn't go back to complete his Bachelors, the whole world wouldn't have cared...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Bahddo(m): 7:27pm On May 25, 2017
Mehn... I too like this guy. Very simple. Just do your thing, no much noise while at it. May God give me the wisdom to be this simple when I become a billionaire.

4 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by obowunmi(m): 7:28pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

Based on research, we know this is NOT true for or applicable to Nigerians.

Nigerians LOVE their degrees. They LOVE TO acquire and amass degrees. It is a well-known fact.

No such thing as dreams.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by FX(m): 7:29pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Some Nigerians will say pursue your dreams before a degree. Kpele, the likes of Seun and Linda Ikeji are one in a million. It worked for them but might not work for you. As for Mark Zuckerberg, he's a citizen of a country that has a working system, unlike Nigeria.
Any dream u have will definitely work out if u give it all it takes. So drop that your old school mentality and don't discourage anyone that wants to pursue his or her dreams before getting a degree. Degree prepares u to work for people. That is degree mentality. If u have a million or a billion dollar idea, please don't dull yourself with a degree.

5 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 25, 2017
One crazy child will just dropout and end up being more frustrated than before, hindering siblings and relatives from enjoying their hard earned money peacefully.

Sisi Elizabeth, please dont forget than thing next month. Now your money is a thing.......eediot
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by FRANKOSKI(m): 7:30pm On May 25, 2017
I DON'T BELIEVE HE MADE IT AT ALL COSTS.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by dingbang(m): 7:32pm On May 25, 2017
obowunmi:

Based on research, we know this is NOT true for or applicable to Nigerians.

Nigerians LOVE their degrees. They LOVE TO acquire and amass degrees. It is a well-known fact.

No such thing as dreams.
well currently I am one Nigerian who hates the degree certificate right now. if I happen to be an employer of labour, I would not use certificate as a criteria in shortlisting..
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Jephz(m): 7:33pm On May 25, 2017
Krystalzkris:
LETTER TO MY V. C.

Dear sir,
Can I get my certificate now?
I don't want to continue again. Just give me three quarter of my certificate, I have tried.

From,
A tired student. grin cheesy angry
my wish
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by shiloxman(m): 7:39pm On May 25, 2017
"Mummy I always told you I'd come back to get my Degree."

OGA MARK HA BEG STOP KILLING OUR FACEBOOK... Man Gaz chop na .
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by timilehin95(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2017
NCAN south west chapter
Reporting from a district in Lagos

The information provided shows dat mark OLUWADARE Zuckerberg is an afonja

Igbos stay clear grin

Afonja repping naija well since 204bc

By d way i will like to interview one or two of his classmates to know how dey usually feel having d owner of facebook in same class with dem undecided

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by TinaAnita(f): 7:41pm On May 25, 2017
Another reason to be sad about my Country
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 7:43pm On May 25, 2017
Tuham:
Wow!
I once wrote a short story of Facebook History and It's Founders when it all started in 2004 at Harvard!

So you mean he had been studying in the University recently ?

If na naija people, you no go hear word with different pishure of them in class undecided
Which class...? That's an honorary doctorate degree.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Dgunnerz(m): 7:44pm On May 25, 2017
shaggyosas:

Segun, owner of Nairaland.com is a typical example that degree can wait in Nigeria
It's Seun. Are you an example?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 25, 2017
FX:
Any dream u have will definitely work out if u give it all it takes. So drop that your old school mentality and don't discourage anyone that wants to pursue his or her dreams before getting a degree. Degree prepares u to work for people. That is degree mentality. If u have a million or a billion dollar idea, please don't dull yourself with a degree.
How many Nigerians come up with a Billion dollar idea, and it actualises without a degree?. If you could pursue both simultaneously, then good. But if you go solely in for your dreams there's a probability that you might not make it.

The degree is for you to present something when an opportunity shows up.

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by michaelezechi: 7:47pm On May 25, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

The degree is honorary.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Theblackstalln: 7:50pm On May 25, 2017
datola:
Congratulations Mark!

The award is honorary however.

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by michaelezechi: 7:50pm On May 25, 2017
He wasn't studying recently, it's a honorary degree, it's awarded by a university to a deserving person even when the person does not pass through the formal University process
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by winetapper: 7:53pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:

The degree is for you to present something when an opportunity shows up.
which opportunity?

Opportunity to work on someone's dream?

Lixen Salary is a bribe for you to give up on your dreams.

Develop yourself

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Theblackstalln: 7:53pm On May 25, 2017
Some people don't know the meaning of honorary degree sha....they are there asking for his classmates

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by thesuave10(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2017
LET'S ALL DROP OUT AND BECOME BILLIONAIRES grin ya with me? Jagugu88li tongue
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by obowunmi(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
well currently I am one Nigerian who hates the degree certificate right now. if I happen to be an employer of labour, I would not use certificate as a criteria in shortlisting..

story for the gods.... grin grin grin grin grin

I am an employer of labour so I know.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by dedeorji(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2017
ichommy:
The Tech Geek share the post on his timeline few Minutes Ago.

Caption:

"Mummy I always told you I'd come back to get my Degree."

See the Picture he took with his parent below.

https://m.facebook.com/4/posts/10103748163337421/
This is why I like the guys in Onitsha, they pursue their businesses, afterwards come back to get the certificate through NOUN or part-time program as back up.

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Teeisaac(m): 8:05pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

like Lautech own
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 25, 2017
sinaj:
she got more after lol
Any on English language?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
well currently I am one Nigerian who hates the degree certificate right now. if I happen to be an employer of labour, I would not use certificate as a criteria criterion in shortlisting..
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 8:12pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Some Nigerians will say pursue your dreams before a degree. Kpele, the likes of Seun and Linda Ikeji are one in a million. It worked for them but might not work for you. As for Mark Zuckerberg, he's a citizen of a country that has a working system, unlike Nigeria.
Well, Dangote Et al are citizens of a country that has no working system yet they succeed. And Yh what worked for A as an entrepreneur might not work for B, so also what worked for A using certificate might not work for B. You just gotta try, and pls drop ur white collar job and that mentality of building another man's dreams.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 25, 2017
He copied Gates.

When Bill was awarded a honorary degree at Harvard, he said, "Dad, I always told you I''dcome back to get my degree".

Nice one, though.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by fastgyal(f): 8:14pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:

you're right
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 25, 2017
frugal:

Don't waste your time. I doubt people understand the difference. They think he attended classes and sat for exams.

Nah, I don't think so. We're not that ignorant.

EDIT: I take it back. Just cancel the above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Becoming A Web Designer / Court Of Appeal Website Hacked After Shiites' Killing / Secret To Building For Pagerank 3 (pr3) In Next Google Pagerank Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.