Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) (22531 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg Threw A Low Budget Baby Shower For His Wife / New Haircut: Mark Zuckerberg Mocked On Twitter (Photos) / Mark Zuckerberg Rock Matching Pajamas With His Beautiful Family (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Luukasz(m): 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
How many Nigerians come up with a Billion dollar idea, and it actualises without a degree?. If you could pursue both simultaneously, then good. But if you go solely in for your dreams there's a probability that you might not make it.
The degree is for you to present something when an opportunity shows up.
Its never too difficult to spot folks without dreams or vision.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by MrNice001(m): 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
Congratulating on him. He had already motive his dreams.

I hope he would be like Potter Harry
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by dingbang(m): 8:22pm On May 25, 2017
[quote author=elfmann post=56875154][/quote]thank you
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 25, 2017
What people don't understand is that guys like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Steve Jobsa are outliers. They don't follow the regular pattern.

In fact, for every Bill, Mark or Steve, there is a Larry Page, a Sergey Brin, Linus Torvald, Elon Musk, Jeff Dean, Demis Hasabis, Peter Thiel etc.

What about the number of dropouts who never made it?

3 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by topas100(m): 8:26pm On May 25, 2017
Congrats to him
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by press005: 8:34pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Some Nigerians will say pursue your dreams before a degree. Kpele, the likes of Seun and Linda Ikeji are one in a million. It worked for them but might not work for you. As for Mark Zuckerberg, he's a citizen of a country that has a working system, unlike Nigeria.

kimbra has spoken
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by LordOfNaira: 8:38pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Some Nigerians will say pursue your dreams before a degree. Kpele, the likes of Seun and Linda Ikeji are one in a million. It worked for them but might not work for you . As for Mark Zuckerberg, he's a citizen of a country that has a working system, unlike Nigeria.

The bold applies to getting a degree also, especially in a country like Nigeria: Might get Mr A a good job, might not get Mr B.

And talking about Mark, he merely took advantage of the opportunities in ICT. It has nothing to do with his country being better. Most of our university grads are trained to be lazy. They can't create jobs for themselves. If you must know, why thousands of grads are looking around for jobs that are not there, thousands of youths are creating jobs for themselves. It is in this Nigeria that a Nigerian started Konga. It is in this Nigeria that youths are going into animation. It has nothing to do with Mark's country.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 25, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Udengs25(m): 8:48pm On May 25, 2017
Congratulations Mark...
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by bhankymyk(m): 9:14pm On May 25, 2017
congrat Mark
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 25, 2017
thesuave10:
LET'S ALL DROP OUT AND BECOME BILLIONAIRES grin ya with me? Jagugu88li tongue
I might be a dual degree holder bro, don't trust me. I support dropouts though grin......quick cash things grin.

Why is an honorary celebrated though......not fair at all sad
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 25, 2017
The truth is dis not everybody can be an entrepreneur. Scholars are born and entrepreneur are born. If u don't have a dream and passion or a dream to impact d world, u meant for school. Some people prefer a live of :when I finish school, I will get married earn a nice salary job, have kids, build a house, have 3 or 4 cars, go for Xmas vacation always in d village, send my kids to nice school and take Good care of my immediate and extended family. This is good and this is a life of a graduate.

Some have dreams the so, so much believe in. Dreams when the think of it gives them this inmost joy just picturing it as a vision. They live this kind of lives: they build there dreams gradually with lots of discouragement from friends and family simple because they don't see what they sees,they what to be employee of labour, own houses in various countries, go for vacations to places they never thought they can ever be, groom children that will Chase there dreams with confidence not minding what they study so far they are happy, have nice adult toys like fast cars, yatch, helicopters, private planes, have nice adventures and take care of not just there immediate and extended families but various people around d globe, feed d hungry, care for d sick, donate to poor communities, help disaster victims, send the poor ones to good school and give d hopeless hope through there various foundations donating millions of dollars for this project around d world and this makes them fulfilled. They have big hearts but some call them dropouts.
It's all about dreams and passion for ur dreams and how u bring it down to earth out of ur head and make it a reality simple.

Hope I made sence

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:29pm On May 25, 2017
Tuham:
Wow!
I once wrote a short story of Facebook History and It's Founders when it all started in 2004 at Harvard!

So you mean he had been studying in the University recently ?

If na naija people, you no go hear word with different pishure of them in class undecided
as brief as that post is, u no sabi read
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Krystalzkris(f): 9:49pm On May 25, 2017
Jephz:
my wish
you too aff tire?
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Austema(m): 10:18pm On May 25, 2017
Some of us dont know what Honorary doctorate degree means, it is always given as an award, is not a level of education. It it is totally different from the P.hd we know

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Peeves: 10:21pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Some Nigerians will say pursue your dreams before a degree. Kpele, the likes of Seun and Linda Ikeji are one in a million. It worked for them but might not work for you. As for Mark Zuckerberg, he's a citizen of a country that has a working system, unlike Nigeria.
Shut up, what working system did he have? He started his own platform, was serious with it and he succeeded, seun started Nairaland a year after and here he is also, so what has working system got to do with this? Did working system teach either of them to pursue their interest? To develop a platform that would be accepted by millions of people later? Think before you write next time.

2 Likes

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 25, 2017
Peeves:
Shut up, what working system did he have? He started his own platform, was serious with it and he succeeded, seun started Nairaland a year after and here he is also, so what has working system got to do with this? Did working system teach either of them to pursue their interest? To develop a platform that would be accepted by millions of people later? Think before you write next time.
Hehehe, FelixFelicia, Snowcream or TheSlyone2. I see... grin cheesy
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Qriousity(m): 10:44pm On May 25, 2017
dingbang:
something I learnt from his life

pursue your dreams, even if it costs you your degree...

some degrees are even hindering people from achieving success
You've made my night.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Qriousity(m): 10:47pm On May 25, 2017
Tuham:
Wow!
I once wrote a short story of Facebook History and It's Founders when it all started in 2004 at Harvard!

So you mean he had been studying in the University recently ?

If na naija people, you no go hear word with different pishure of them in class undecided
Oga they just gave him an honorary degree cause he turned out to be a successful entrepreneur. Don't mislead people.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Peeves: 10:53pm On May 25, 2017
kimbra:
Hehehe, FelixFelicia, Snowcream or TheSlyone2. I see... grin cheesy
you should have added the first two monikers to your write-up last night grin Bitter gay grin Serial liar, pathetic being grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by RobinHez(m): 10:55pm On May 25, 2017
Fellow Nigerian youths,

Accept REALITY first, before you try to bend it to conform with your dreams.

Yours sincerely.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by leye4u: 10:57pm On May 25, 2017
Pls Notice this ......

CP. Fatai Owoseni to Area Commanders and DPOs.

“I am tired of hearing about shooting or killing of innocent persons. No one has the right to take another man’s life. It is only God that has the right to take life.

“It is your responsibility as a DPO to know those who are collecting bribe under you. If you refuse to stop them, they will stop you from being a DPO.

“It is embarrassing to see policemen collecting bribes and chasing yahoo yahoo boys for a DPO. I would not cover any DPO. I will expose you. Just leave Lagos before I get to your station. I cannot share out of your misconduct. I will give your photographs and details to journalists to expose you.”

“I am shocked to hear that some Area Commanders and DPOs are on the pay rolls of fraudsters. I am investigating. Just pray that I don’t get you. Just know that you are causing pains for taxpayers if you are intimidating them and collecting bribe from criminals.

“It is a curse to build a house with the money. The building would collapse on your head. Some of you even take people to the bank to collect money. If you train your children with the money, they won’t be useful to you.

“If those who were in the force before us bastardized it, we would not have the opportunity to be enlisted in the police. I am tired of pleading with police victims because you are doing what you are not supposed to do. Remember, one day, you are going to die and give account to your creator.”

“Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) should take note. I will not tolerate any act of indiscipline. Learn a lesson from DPO Ijeshatedo, who shot dead a fashion designer. He is in our custody and we are compiling charges against him. He would soon be arraigned in court.

“All DPOs in Ikorodu should use all resources within their disposals to fish out Badoo cult group that has been causing havoc in the community. I am giving you all 48 hours to decongest your cells. Nobody should be detained more than 48 hours. I will conduct checks on the cells,” cryPls Notice this ......with Olubunmi Otenuga

CP. Fatai Owoseni to Area Commanders and DPOs.

“I am tired of hearing about shooting or killing of innocent persons. No one has the right to take another man’s life. It is only God that has the right to take life.

“It is your responsibility as a DPO to know those who are collecting bribe under you. If you refuse to stop them, they will stop you from being a DPO.

“It is embarrassing to see policemen collecting bribes and chasing yahoo yahoo boys for a DPO. I would not cover any DPO. I will expose you. Just leave Lagos before I get to your station. I cannot share out of your misconduct. I will give your photographs and details to journalists to expose you.”

“I am shocked to hear that some Area Commanders and DPOs are on the pay rolls of fraudsters. I am investigating. Just pray that I don’t get you. Just know that you are causing pains for taxpayers if you are intimidating them and collecting bribe from criminals.

“It is a curse to build a house with the money. The building would collapse on your head. Some of you even take people to the bank to collect money. If you train your children with the money, they won’t be useful to you.

“If those who were in the force before us bastardized it, we would not have the opportunity to be enlisted in the police. I am tired of pleading with police victims because you are doing what you are not supposed to do. Remember, one day, you are going to die and give account to your creator.”

“Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) should take note. I will not tolerate any act of indiscipline. Learn a lesson from DPO Ijeshatedo, who shot dead a fashion designer. He is in our custody and we are compiling charges against him. He would soon be arraigned in court.

“All DPOs in Ikorodu should use all resources within their disposals to fish out Badoo cult group that has been causing havoc in the community. I am giving you all 48 hours to decongest your cells. Nobody should be detained more than 48 hours. I will conduct checks on the cells,”
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Ceekay212: 12:34am On May 26, 2017
hucienda:
Congratulations to him.

He finally came back to graduate. His rightfully proud parents there all smiles. smiley

So all those folks that keep saying "Mark Zuckerberg is a drop-out" and keep using him as an excuse for one not to go to school or get an education had better update their list from May 2017 henceforth.
boss, its just an honorary degree... Calm down
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Godfidence: 2:34am On May 26, 2017
michaelezechi:

He wasn't studying recently, it's a honorary degree, it's awarded by a university to a deserving person even when the person does not pass through the formal University process
Help me educate them please.....I'm suprised almost everyone on here doesn't know that.
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 6:47am On May 26, 2017
Qriousity:
Oga they just gave him an honorary degree cause he turned out to be a successful entrepreneur. Don't mislead people.

eh ehn?

Na because i no go school nah.. Didn't understand the difference grin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 6:49am On May 26, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:
as brief as that post is, u no sabi read
Na hurry i read am, na hurry i comment cheesy Make ah go amend my mishtaky sir
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:51am On May 26, 2017
Tuham:

Na hurry i read am, na hurry i comment cheesy Make ah go amend my mishtaky sir
lol, i hear u sir

1 Like

Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52am On May 26, 2017
Noel1:
Which class...? That's an honorary doctorate degree.

No mind me.. Ah just fast read and fast type wink
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Nobody: 6:53am On May 26, 2017
jstbeinhonest:

The degree is honorary.
Thanks for the correction bro Ah no read that part o jaregrin
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Qriousity(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2017
Tuham:

eh ehn?

Na because i no go school nah.. Didn't understand the difference grin
Lol! Ó eziokwu
Re: Mark Zuckerberg Bags Honorary Doctorate Degree From Harvard University (Photos) by Niteezy: 9:40am On May 26, 2017
timilehin007:
Just find a way to give me this ur honour...you are literally not needing it bros...u are a billionaire already this certificate is practically useless for someone like u..u got the fame got the dough what else. ..ah.. cry
It's not about the money. Like it or not he even has a bigger edge with d degree than without it. Am sure he knew that, that's y he went to get it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Becoming A Web Designer / Court Of Appeal Website Hacked After Shiites' Killing / Secret To Building For Pagerank 3 (pr3) In Next Google Pagerank Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.