Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,684 members, 7,809,584 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo (1579 Views)

APC Uzodinma Leads In Imo Guber Polls - Vanguard / Onnoghen: Niger Delta Agitators Threaten To Form Govt, Partner IPOB / Ambode Storms Out Of GAC Meeting - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ourema(f): 8:58pm On May 25, 2017
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has called for dialogue with Biafran agitators.
Obasanjo speaking in Abuja on Thursday at “Biafra, 50 years After” Event forum at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre said We should beg those agitating for Biafra that there is enough cake to share and that Nigerians must treat the country with care.
He said the country’s fundamental problem was that it had lacked a national leader.
“We never had a national leader. Our leaders at the beginning were mindful of their regions. That is our problem till today,” he said.
”I have maintained that the young officers who struck in 1966 were naive but there were some element of nationalism in some of them. Be that as it may, it set us back.”
He said the war showed the bad side of the country.
“The language used in the war did not help matters, the people on the Biafra side called us vandals and we called them rebels,” he said.
“We thought we would end the war in three months, but it took us 30 months, and the federal side nearly lost it.
”Civil war is more difficult than fighting in a foreign land because we are fighting to unite.
”Even a soldier of mine who tried to rape a woman… I had to chase him with a gun. He did not succeed in raping the woman, and I did not have to gun him down.”
Obasanjo said some of those agitating for Biafra today, lack an understanding of what it entails.
“Some of the people agitating for Biafra today were not even born then. They don’t know what it entails,” he said.
”But I think, we should even appeal to those saying they want to go, we should not tell them to go, we should make them understand that there is enough cake to share. We should massage Nigeria just like in a love relationship.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/lets-beg-biafrain-agitators-obasanjo/

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by LordCrimson(m): 8:59pm On May 25, 2017
Booooooked
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ourema(f): 9:01pm On May 25, 2017
To me it is too late to beg. The time has gone. Most of the agitation are quite genuine and realistic. Restructuring or secede is now the option

15 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2017
Keep your filthy cake sir ... Enough is Enough cool

11 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by fulaniHERDSman(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2017
ourema:
To me it is too late to beg. The time has gone. Most of the agitation are quite genuine and realistic. Restructuring or secede is now the option
Gbam!!

13 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by hakeem4(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2017
Beg who ?

Abeg let this country divide
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by fergie001: 9:04pm On May 25, 2017
The master orator
Don't worry,I know your hands are clean.

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by hucienda: 9:05pm On May 25, 2017
President Obasanjo frank talk there on the Nigeria-Biafra civil war. Address the root cause and issues for their agitation. It's still there staring us all in the face even after 50 years.

The Germans after WWI were treated like pos, constantly mocked and punished with paying reparations to the victors of that war. With her currency worthless, the country prostrate, their economy crippled, inflation beyond the skies and German pride at its lowest ebb, John Maynard Keynes correctly predicted another crises would follow in the next two decades after that - and so it came. An even more gruesome war that threatened to end civilisation as we know it.

However, this time around the Germans won a true and lasting peace for themselves and among all nations.

Nigeria had better watch it and learn from history before it is too late.

7 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by Balkan(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ebukahandsome(m): 9:29pm On May 25, 2017
He spoke well

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by BlackTechnology: 9:31pm On May 25, 2017
Unity Beggars aka Afonjas

8 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by koropotopoto: 9:45pm On May 25, 2017
it's too late for that Obasanjo grin

Omenkalives haters will say it's a propaganda grin

11 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by Kingspin(m): 10:38pm On May 25, 2017
Is it the south south and southeast that are taking the real change serious? The rest chasing after political, economic or monopoly rule. We pray other regain their senses and join the movement for a new Nigeria where everybody are equal and treated equal.

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by FKO81(m): 10:50pm On May 25, 2017
I thought they contribute nothing to Nigeria's economy except crimes

5 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by paramakina202: 11:04pm On May 25, 2017
They are all begging for peace forgeting that true peace comes with justice and equality.

6 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by leofab(f): 11:10pm On May 25, 2017
Beg ke.. we south south and southeast will soon leave the south west with their kins..

4 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by Lanretoye(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2017
Niger delta militants then boko haram ,then ipob...and after the dialogue there will be another agitation
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by raker300: 1:51am On May 26, 2017
Igbos want development..give them development and all this will stop. But noooo...lets keep talking and talking until a referendum comes and it's too late

3 Likes

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by MetaPhysical: 2:08am On May 26, 2017
One of Obasanjo's sons is married to a girl in Ebonyi.
AP Osinbajo has told us about his aunty married to Ibo

So far we are hearing from people with personal emotions, and funny, they are immune from the travails and suffering brought upon the ordinary citizens whose development and dignity is reta/rded by a continous inequity of pie-share in name of federal character.

Obasanjo's child or grand-child will not loose his/her place in university placement to a Northerner, in the name of federal character.
Osinbajo's child or grand-child will not sit hours in LUTH waiting for medical attention, they will be flown abroad.

We want to hear from those whose lives are directly impacted by the realities of the cake-sharing formula. Their voice should be heard via a referendum!

1 Like

Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ShobayoEmma(m): 5:34am On May 26, 2017
The oracle has spoken; the wise should yield.
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ourema(f): 7:01am On May 26, 2017
Lalasticala is now on your table
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by ourema(f): 10:25am On May 26, 2017
hakeem4:
Beg who ?

Abeg let this country divide
Thanks for your thoughts
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by kollynxofodile(m): 10:47am On May 26, 2017
What happened to the RRR

Today seized foods are transported Northward to rehabilitate Victim of terrorism

Wha did Nigeria do to salvage d suffering of the east after a Civil War

If not for ingenuity of Igbos SE will still be. Rumbles
Re: Vanguard :let’s Beg Biafrain Agitators – Obasanjo by theDEVILisHERE: 12:11pm On May 26, 2017
ourema:
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has called for dialogue with Biafran agitators.
Obasanjo speaking in Abuja on Thursday at “Biafra, 50 years After” Event forum at the Shehu Musa Yar’Adua Centre said We should beg those agitating for Biafra that there is enough cake to share and that Nigerians must treat the country with care.
He said the country’s fundamental problem was that it had lacked a national leader.
“We never had a national leader. Our leaders at the beginning were mindful of their regions. That is our problem till today,” he said.
”I have maintained that the young officers who struck in 1966 were naive but there were some element of nationalism in some of them. Be that as it may, it set us back.”
He said the war showed the bad side of the country.
“The language used in the war did not help matters, the people on the Biafra side called us vandals and we called them rebels,” he said.
“We thought we would end the war in three months, but it took us 30 months, and the federal side nearly lost it.
”Civil war is more difficult than fighting in a foreign land because we are fighting to unite.
”Even a soldier of mine who tried to rape a woman… I had to chase him with a gun. He did not succeed in raping the woman, and I did not have to gun him down.”
Obasanjo said some of those agitating for Biafra today, lack an understanding of what it entails.
“Some of the people agitating for Biafra today were not even born then. They don’t know what it entails,” he said.
”But I think, we should even appeal to those saying they want to go, we should not tell them to go, we should make them understand that there is enough cake to share. We should massage Nigeria just like in a love relationship.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/lets-beg-biafrain-agitators-obasanjo/

No sensible person listens to the begging of unrepentant killers and murders

(1) (Reply)

We Need Meters To Account For Daily Oil Production – Senator / Biafra:army Start Torturing Igbos(pictures) / Lai Mohammed, Onochie And Buhari Support Group Kickstart Reelection Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.