Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,475 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:24 AM

Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! (1244 Views)

This Crazy Bit Of Malware Is The Best Reason To Use Only Google Play To Get Your / Expert In Malware Development / I Want To Create A Malware (spyware) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 10:50pm On May 25, 2017
Ah! Awoof is bad!
Free things are dangerous.

I was looking for a free license for install shield2015 since the trial version I Installed was no longer working. Unfortunately for me I was lured to download a malware.

My antivirus deleted it at the first attempt to run the executable, but rather than heading the advice of my antivirus, I turned off my antivirus, re-unzipped it and ran it again. The it all began.

It connected to a torrent site and downloaded and installed several software, mostly Chinese software. It tampered with my systems system restore. Virtually all the programs installed malfunctioned at every attempt to uninstall them. So they remain installed.

When I attempted to uninstall the one that seem to be the main one, it requested that I type in a confirmation code which was written in Chinese when my keyboard is English.

I tried to get and download a Chinese keyboard online, but, unfortunately, I couldn't identify the characters. Several characters all seem to look like each of them.

Now I am afraid to log into any of my online account least it sends my password to a remote server and hackers get a field day on my mail accounts and such.

Considering the fact that I can;t afford to format my system, what can I do to remedy the situation.

Attached is a screen shot of one of the pieces of software (malware) installed by the downloaded executable. Please is there any one her who understands Chinese and can just type the required confirmation code here on nairaland so that I can copy and past it in the confirmation textbox.

Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by emmanwandud(m): 11:27pm On May 25, 2017
Mr man the best you could do right now is to format your system and free yourself from Chinese hackers. No matter how hard you try to uninstall those stuff the more your creating more portals and vulnerability to susceptible attack.
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by kayuzie: 12:12am On May 26, 2017
Try deleting the files manually it won't ask 4 confirmation
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by mrdino(m): 7:20am On May 26, 2017
Try Boot time scan with your PC antivirus.
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 11:34am On May 26, 2017
nually it won't ask 4 confirmation [/quote]

I tried that and I got an OS message "access denied" even when I attempted to delete it from the command line.

The sad thing is that the software might have accomplished its aim already.

I decided to quickly backup my projects to an external device.

I noticed that one of the lbrary that was copied to the backup had a name "bruteforce" and I never wrote any library with such a name.

Since the writer got me to download his executable by promising to give me a license key for unstalled shield it means the malware is targeted at developers.

My guess is that it copies a sinister libraries into all possible projects so that they eventually get deployed with the project.Meaning that all applications developed on the comomputer is compromised from the point of production.

I guess it does other things to that are not yet known to me.

It changed my system font to one that is compartible with Chinese.(By the way how does one change his sytems font).

Also it dropped beautiful,attractive and lovable Icons on icons on the desktop(the type used by games) that when clicked open system sensitive library directories.(May be that was because I succeded in uninstalling some of the programs it installed. Previously,when clicked one or both icons lunch a Chinese browser).Those Icons bore.the name of war games.

It also installed a chinese browser on my system but I was too scared to browse with it( I thought it was said that China blocked access to google and facebook.)

On the startpage of the browser were pictures of beautiful Chinese women(among others) so that those would entice me to use the browser.

Below at the status bar, various information about my system CPU were being displayed like a clock in a wat thar, I must say, was appealing. I almost appreciated it.

This are the things I have noticed. I am sure there is several other things it does that are quite unknown to me.

The most impressive thing about the malware is that I downloaded two top rated anti-malware from the interner but bith failed to install. Each complained they could not write to the registry.Now I have never ever experienced such.

I eventuallu logged in to my computer in safe mode where I was able to put your advice to successful use.

I can still see 3 application installed on my system start menu but unlike the one that requested for confirmation code there have a both main and sub startmenu directly whose name are written sokely in chinese.

One of those startuo icons lunch the browser and a second one lunch what look like a game.

Well, I have stopped using the computer to browse the internet and it will remain so until I resolve the issue.
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 11:38am On May 26, 2017
mrdino:
Try Boot time scan with your PC antivirus.

I will try it and see what happens.But the problem is that the software have assigned stupid and absurd publisher names and start up menu short cut. The OS and anti virus may see them as harmless.I just hope I am wrong.
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 11:44am On May 26, 2017
emmanwandud:
Mr man the best you could do right now is to format your system and free yourself from Chinese hackers. No matter how hard you try to uninstall those stuff the more your creating more portals and vulnerability to susceptible attack.

You are right but have too many libraries that I searched for and installed over a relative long period. I am not sure I am willing to go through the search process at this time.

I pray I dont regret not putting this your advise into immediate use.
I will format the system as soon as I can afford to.go through the search process again.
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 11:49am On May 26, 2017
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by romme2u: 9:05pm On May 26, 2017
angry

i can restore your system to normalcy without formatting if you are willing to pay my price cool
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 26, 2017
boot your system into "safe mode" and try deleting and uninstalling all strange apps in safe mode

1 Like

Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by Nobody: 12:08pm On May 27, 2017
Bro.. I don't know if this will be of "real" help now to the issue on ground but if not it could help control subsequent similar attack .. I would say you should try your windows restore point or if you are a Linux user, your check point(ciru)..(but I don't think you use Linux) I don't know if you created one.. But as a developer, I believe you are a heavy pc user, you ought to create restore points steady, maybe every week but depending on how much you make changes or run programs as administrator... there are times some software are best removed by sending your pc back in time to your restore point.. It keeps your other files n documents but every program installed afterwards and it's extentions are removed.. if you created one recently you can do that. Otherwise I know it's a difficult step but I'd advice a full format of the hard disk, some program can disguise like anything, they can even look like a file required to boot...
Another point:
Next time don't ignore your Antivirus forestalling info. unless you understand that risk well enough .. Or even at that point you can create a restore point before ignoring it.

1 Like

Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by QueryUnical: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2017
kayoph:
Bro.. I don't know if this will be of "real" help now to the issue on ground but if not it could help control subsequent similar attack .. I would say you should try your windows restore point or if you are a Linux user, your check point(ciru)..(but I don't think you use Linux) I don't know if you created one.. But as a developer, I believe you are a heavy pc user, you ought to create restore points steady, maybe every week but depending on how much you make changes or run programs as administrator... there are times some software are best removed by sending your pc back in time to your restore point.. It keeps your other files n documents but every program installed afterwards and it's extentions are removed.. if you created one recently you can do that. Otherwise I know it's a difficult step but I'd advice a full format of the hard disk, some program can disguise like anything, they can even look like a file required to boot...
Another point:
Next time don't ignore your Antivirus forestalling info. unless you understand that risk well enough .. Or even at that point you can create a restore point before ignoring it.

Just saw this now. It is a most valuable advice. I will put it immediately to use. I have since formated the harddisk. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by kanirip: 11:43pm On Jun 19, 2017
This just made my day! This is so funny. I really want to empathise but the fact that you disabled your antivirus in order to install the malware makes it even more hilarious!
You are a legend.
Happy to hear you have formatted your hard disk. I would strongly advise you to use Linux (any variant) as your primary OS and have Windows a a virtual machine.
Also read up on Malware prevention.
You made my entire week!
Re: Malware Has Taken Over My System!!! by holuphisayor(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2017
next time ...do not disable Ur antivirus and always run untrusted apps in sandbox.

(1) (Reply)

Localgoogle - A Local Search Engine / Looking For Someone With A Good Knowledge Of Java & MySQL / The Complete Junior To Senior Web Developer Roadmap 2018 (video Tutorial)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.