Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us (2771 Views)

Christmas In Badagry In 1923 Colonial Era (Photo) / God Save Us All..when RCCG Turns Religion To Madness / Which Enslaves Man's Spirit To Mystical Manuplations, Sex Or Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 4:40am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

By the way, have you asked yourself why the slave trade lasted for almost 4 century? (400years)?

(please answer this question)

As for the Jews, we look at the impact within that duration. About 6 million Jews were killed in gas chamber, their wealth confiscated, they were marked for humiliation. Before Hitler happened, they have been dealt with thoroughly throughout history. Do you remember the Exodus? Persecutions are rampant in their history

Read:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Jews?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7057970598

Go and read "the Jewish Phenomenon" to understand where they are successful.

one of the phenomenon is that they value knowledge more than anything. The literacy rate is almost 100%.

Is that why Africans and Asians break records at European and American universities?

Oga, you can keep feeling inferior to Jews. I for one do not.

The country with the highest literacy rates is neither USA or Isreal
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 4:42am On May 28, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
You rather wear your ignorance as a badge of honour. Keep trolling undecided

Keep quiet if you have nothing to say.

Your paddie was comparing apples to oranges and I called him out on it
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 5:51am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

Is that why Africans and Asians break records at European and American universities?

I asked you why slave trade lasted for 400years and you dodged the question.

As for Africa and Asian breaking record at American Universities:

Who built the European and American Universities? Asians and Africans? who are their tutors in those universities?

Tell me a world class university built by Africans.

What is the ratio of Africans breaking records in those universities compared to other people? it is a low ratio.

"Stop the Africa breaking records" campaign, it doesn't mean anything.

As for the Israel and US literacy rate, educate yourself

https://www.fedena.com/blog/2014/01/10-countries-high-literacy-rate-world.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7830953301

I don't feel inferior to anybody but whenever I remember they (Jews) run the global banking system (Rothschild's family), the ICT industry (Facebook, Uber, Google...), gold trading and that the Abrahamic religions originated from there, I start thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 6:15am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

I asked you why slave trade lasted for 400years and you dodged the question.

As for Africa and Asian breaking record at American Universities:

Who built the European and American Universities? Asians and Africans? who are their tutors in those universities?

Tell me a world class university built by Africans.

What is the ratio of Africans breaking records in those universities compared to other people? it is a low ratio.

"Stop the Africa breaking records" campaign, it doesn't mean anything.

https://www.fedena.com/blog/2014/01/10-countries-high-literacy-rate-world.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7830953301

I don't feel inferior to anybody but whenever I remember they (Jews) run the global banking system (Rothschild's family), the ICT industry (Facebook, Uber, Google...), gold trading and that the Abrahamic religions originated from there, I start thinking.

Empires rise and fall. there was the roman empire.

Europe was built on Greek philosophy and Arab knowledge.

Who are Jews compared to asians in the tech industry?

You are asking who built the universities abi?

Go to Asia (specifically China and Japan) and you will not be talking about European and American structures. The issue is that English is more of a global language than any other Asian language- Some japanese universities are just out of this world.

Remember again. Empires fall. One day, a set of people will be on top and another, they will be down.

This is why I don't ascribe to one race being better than the other or more advanced- environment and situations are the cause and effect
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 6:18am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

Even with your unreliable source, I dont see America and Isreal topping the list.
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by orisa37: 6:33am On May 28, 2017
Religion makes us INTEGRATE for the Best in Life.
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 6:41am On May 28, 2017
orisa37:
Religion makes us INTEGRATE for the Best in Life.

lies
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 6:42am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

Empires rise and fall. there was the roman empire.

Europe was built on Greek philosophy and Arab knowledge.

Who are Jews compared to asians in the tech industry?

You are asking who built the universities abi?

Go to Asia (specifically China and Japan) and you will not be talking about European and American structures. The issue is that English is more of a global language than any other Asian language- Some japanese universities are just out of this world.

Remember again. Empires fall. One day, a set of people will be on top and another, they will be down.

This is why I don't ascribe to one race being better than the other or more advanced- environment and situations are the cause and effect

I don't even understand your argument again. Are we comparing Asians to the westerners or Africa to other people?

If you check my first post, I started how the westerners wanted to intimidate the Japanese with their superior technology but the Japanese caught up with them. I ended that by stating how south Koreans and the Chinese are making waves. Even some south Korea universities are out of this world. Have you heard about KAIST?

My argument is simple: We, Africans, are lagging behind in capital and human development. Go and check my first post and stop derailing the argument.

Why can't Africa build their society on Greek philosophy and Arab knowledge?

(you haven't answered the slave trade question)

You don't really know the Jews so well. 48% US billionaires are Jews

- Zuckerberg, Bloomberg, Page, Brin, Dell (Dell computers)... They are leaders of the tech industries.
Do you know who they are now compared to Asians?

The total population of Jews all over the world is less than 14 millions, Asians are 4.43billions. You get the drift?

Pls stop joining Asian and Africa together, you are making the argument ambiguous.

Empires rise and fall because of so many factors like wars, economic mismanagements, disease/plague/outbreak, Religious crisis and so on.

Can they (advance societies) deal with those variables? Yes

Can Africa deal with those variables? No

Ebola nearly finished us here, special thanks to the Chinese government and WHO for coming to our assistance.

1 Like

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 6:50am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

Even with your unreliable source, I dont see America and Isreal topping the list.

lol

So 4/193 countries and 5/193 countries for Israel and US respectively aren't topping the list?

The list is about top ten literate country in the whole world.

As for the source: it is an Indian based site, so I don't see why they should be biased or did you see India there? grin
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 7:56am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

lol

So 4/193 countries and 5/193 countries for Israel and US respectively aren't topping the list?

The list is about top ten literate country in the whole world.

As for the source: it is an Indian based site, so I don't see why they should be biased or did you see India there? grin

My original comment before you posted your list of literate countries-
Born2Freak:

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 8:01am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

My original comment before you posted your list of literate countries-

Suit yourself
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 8:21am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

I don't even understand your argument again. Are we comparing Asians to the westerners or Africa to other people?

If you check my first post, I started how the westerners wanted to intimidate the Japanese with their superior technology but the Japanese caught up with them. I ended that by stating how south Koreans and the Chinese are making waves. Even some south Korea universities are out of this world. Have you heard about KAIST?

My argument is simple: We, Africans, are lagging behind in capital and human development. Go and check my first post and stop derailing the argument.

Why can't Africa build their society on Greek philosophy and Arab knowledge?

(you haven't answered the slave trade question)

You don't really know the Jews so well. 48% US billionaires are Jews

- Zuckerberg, Bloomberg, Page, Brin, Dell (Dell computers)... They are leaders of the tech industries.
Do you know who they are now compared to Asians?

The total population of Jews all over the world is less than 14 millions, Asians are 4.43billions. You get the drift?

Pls stop joining Asian and Africa together, you are making the argument ambiguous.

Empires rise and fall because of so many factors like wars, economic mismanagements, disease/plague/outbreak, Religious crisis and so on.

Can they (advance societies) deal with those variables? Yes

Can Africa deal with those variables? No

Ebola nearly finished us here, special thanks to the Chinese government and WHO for coming to our assistance.

Thank you for putting the argument back on course. Let me also try to streamline the argument

1) Your argument about the Japanese rejecting the westerners is quite silly. I say this because even Africans rejected the westerners. You seem to be glorifying other people's history but forgetting your own. Go and read Jaja of Opobo. There were many other tribes that rejected westerners and died for it. You can't seem to understand that you are using a white man's version of your own history. You probably think that Africans just ran to the shores to be selling their people as slaves without a fight.

2) You ask why cant Africa build their own universities and technology? The answer is simply in 3 parts (a, b and c)
a) We Africans were the last race to be enslaved. Yes, we are at the bottom of human development- colinzation from different European countries and also Arabs will do that to you
b) We are on the way to doing so. We have our own universities, even though they are not world class. Lagos Business School (Pan African /university) is of international standards and is improving. Rome is not built in a day.
c) Rome was not built in a day. Indians sent their children to the UK and US to learn and develop their country- this is why they have Pharma and IT. Same with China, who grew to new heights after Western influence. Same with UAE/Dubai who have everything built for them by westerners. We Nigerians have excelling professionals in the UK and US who break records. Our time is coming.

d) To summarize everything in (a-c) we africans are behind due to certain factors- slavery, colonization and some certain backwards aspects of our culture but we, like many other races that were behind, can rise. We are showing glimpses of it. Just look at the IPob guy- I might not agree with him but irespect his resilience and imagine that some regimes ago, he would have been killed but Nigeria is growing.

3) Zuckerberg? Gates? Dell?

All these guys need Asian hardware for their technology. Your laptop or phone is either from China, Japan, Korea or Taiwan. The most technologically advanced country is Japan. America does a lot of technological research, no doubt.

4) Can Africa advance? Yes. The more educated we are, the more we can push back on ignorance and corrupt leaders.

10 years ago, how many Nigerian atheists could you connect? Are we not here on one of the biggest forums in the world made by a Nigerian?

Guy, take your Negativity away! wink
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 9:08am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

Thank you for putting the argument back on course. Let me also try to streamline the argument

1) Your argument about the Japanese rejecting the westerners is quite silly. I say this because even Africans rejected the westerners. You seem to be glorifying other people's history but forgetting your own. Go and read Jaja of Opobo. There were many other tribes that rejected westerners and died for it. You can't seem to understand that you are using a white man's version of your own history. You probably think that Africans just ran to the shores to be selling their people as slaves without a fight.

2) You ask why cant Africa build their own universities and technology? The answer is simply in 3 parts (a, b and c)
a) We Africans were the last race to be enslaved. Yes, we are at the bottom of human development- colinzation from different European countries and also Arabs will do that to you
b) We are on the way to doing so. We have our own universities, even though they are not world class. Lagos Business School (Pan African /university) is of international standards and is improving. Rome is not built in a day.
c) Rome was not built in a day. Indians sent their children to the UK and US to learn and develop their country- this is why they have Pharma and IT. Same with China, who grew to new heights after Western influence. Same with UAE/Dubai who have everything built for them by westerners. We Nigerians have excelling professionals in the UK and US who break records. Our time is coming.

d) To summarize everything in (a-c) we africans are behind due to certain factors- slavery, colonization and some certain backwards aspects of our culture but we, like many other races that were behind, can rise. We are showing glimpses of it. Just look at the IPob guy- I might not agree with him but irespect his resilience and imagine that some regimes ago, he would have been killed but Nigeria is growing.

3) Zuckerberg? Gates? Dell?

All these guys need Asian hardware for their technology. Your laptop or phone is either from China, Japan, Korea or Taiwan. The most technologically advanced country is Japan. America does a lot of technological research, no doubt.

4) Can Africa advance? Yes. The more educated we are, the more we can push back on ignorance and corrupt leaders.

10 years ago, how many Nigerian atheists could you connect? Are we not here on one of the biggest forums in the world made by a Nigerian?

Guy, take your Negativity away! wink

@1 I never said Japanese rejected the westerners. I said they saw technologies that were superior to theirs and they believed they could match the westeners instead of saying "Oyibo bu agbara (white man is a spirit). Imagine Japan having a military that could drop bomb in pearl harbor in 1944. They are mentally vibrant and hardworking people.

I have been asking you the " slave trade question " and you have been avoiding it but since you touched it again, let me answer it for you.

The trade lasted for 400 years because we are mentally lazy. Our forefathers saw they could make profit by selling their own people to foreigners and they couldn't stop this disgusting act until the industrial revolution happened (courtesy of Isaac Newton's principle Mathematica) and the slave buyers saw that machines could do those task at a much cheaper rate, so slave trading was stopped by them, not us.

Isn't that mentality still playing out today? Oil is extracted here, sent abroad for refining and brought back to us. Why can't we build a functional refinery?
We sell cocoa and other products as crude/raw material to them, they refine it into finished products and we buy them up. Huge capital flight.

Mental laziness.

@2 Have you listened to the IPOB guy (KANU) on radio Biafra? here is a quote from him

"Black people are useless and hopeless, I have studied ancient civilizations and none was as primitive as black people. Something is fundamentally wrong with the brain of a black man. I am not ashamed when people call me black monkey. It is an opportunity for me to reflect on why people call me that, it is a motivation for me to pursue the Biafra cause and build the greatest nation on earth"

Now all the reasons you gave for our inability to build a world class university don't make sense to me. The answer to that question is simple, we don't value education. What percentage of our budget do we spend on education? research?

let's keep on deceiving ourselves.

@3. why can't my laptop, phone come from Africa? grin (sorry am derailing, back to the topic)

Yes significant electronic equipment are manufactured in China and co because of cheap labor not because westerner can't manufacture those equipment. For example Apple design their phone in US and Foxconn in China does the manufacturing. As an engineer, design and research are the most difficult part in manufacturing. Manufacturing is mostly done by robots these days.

United States is the most technological advance country, Google is your friend.

@4 Can Africa advance? Yes. In fact we are still developing but at what rate when compared to other people?

I am here wondering when we shall cross the 5000 MW generated for 180million people. It's really a pathetic situation. Ordinary railway transportation, zero. Road network, poor...

1 Like

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 9:31am On May 28, 2017
onyenze123:

@1 I never said Japanese rejected the westerners. I said they saw technologies that were superior to theirs and they believed they could match the westeners instead of saying "Oyibo bu agbara (white man is a spirit). Imagine Japan having a military that could drop bomb in pearl harbor in 1944. They are mentally vibrant and hardworking people.

I have been asking you the " slave trade question " and you have been avoiding it but since you touched it again, let me answer it for you.

The trade lasted for 400 years because we are mentally lazy. Our forefathers saw they could make profit by selling their own people to foreigners and they couldn't stop this disgusting act until the industrial revolution happened (courtesy of Isaac Newton's principle Mathematica) and the slave buyers saw that machines could do those task at a much cheaper rate, so slave trading was stopped by them, not us.

Isn't that mentality still playing out today? Oil is extracted here, sent abroad for refining and brought back to us. Why can't we build a functional refinery?
We sell cocoa and other products as crude/raw material to them, they refine it into finished products and we buy them up. Huge capital flight.

Mental laziness.

@2 Have you listened to the IPOB guy (KANU) on radio Biafra? here is a quote from him

"Black people are useless and hopeless, I have studied ancient civilizations and none was as primitive as black people. Something is fundamentally wrong with the brain of a black man. I am not ashamed when people call me black monkey. It is an opportunity for me to reflect on why people call me that, it is a motivation for me to pursue the Biafra cause and build the greatest nation on earth"

Now all the reasons you gave for our inability to build a world class university don't make sense to me. The answer to that question is simple, we don't value education. What percentage of our budget do we spend on education? research?

let's keep on deceiving ourselves.

@3. why can't my laptop, phone come from Africa? grin (sorry am derailing, back to the topic)

Yes significant electronic equipment are manufactured in China and co because of cheap labor not because westerner can't manufacture those equipment. For example Apple design their phone in US and Foxconn in China does the manufacturing. As an engineer, design and research are the most difficult part in manufacturing. Manufacturing is mostly done by robots these days.

United States is the most technological advance country, Google is your friend.

@4 Can Africa advance? Yes. In fact we are still developing but at what rate when compared to other people?

I am here wondering when we shall cross the 5000 MW generated for 180million people. It's really a pathetic situation. Ordinary railway transportation, zero. Road network, poor...

There is no need for all this argument.

You have answered the main question needed. Can we Africans progress? YEs we can.

You are right that our progress is shallow. We need more work.

The issue now is what will you do? Will you sit back and complain or be like Seun Osewa and do something?

Will you meet me and other Nigerians on how to improve Nigeria? Are you ready to work?

Are you a wailer or a worker?
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Nobody: 9:59am On May 28, 2017
Born2Freak:

There is no need for all this argument.

You have answered the main question needed. Can we Africans progress? YEs we can.

You are right that our progress is shallow. We need more work.

The issue now is what will you do? Will you sit back and complain or be like Seun Osewa and do something?

Will you meet me and other Nigerians on how to improve Nigeria? Are you ready to work?

Are you a wailer or a worker?

I am a wailer and worker. We need to shout and work. Seun is also wailing on how religion under develops us. So you need to work and wail.
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Horus(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2017
Since the slave-master is an enemy of the slave, if the slave prays to the same God as the master, he is praying to the God that enabled the slavemaster to enslave him. Therefore, that God is the enemy of the slave or captive just as the slave-master is.

2 Likes

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by orisa37: 11:30am On May 28, 2017
You're saying so but The Supreme Spirit is judging us.

1 Like

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Charlesdock(m): 12:34am On May 29, 2017
TheEminentLaity:
More or less the same. Religion itself is bondage either way to colonialist/imperialist motives or ignorance. Ours, though not as vicious and bloodthirsty as the Abrahamic ones, weren't any good.
religion moves with civilization. The deities we worship advanced from abstract thoughts, to structures made from stones, wood and metals and now they are in our head and in what we do. Religion is all around us

1 Like

Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by Born2Freak(f): 9:56am On Dec 08, 2019
Horus:
Since the slave-master is an enemy of the slave, if the slave prays to the same God as the master, he is praying to the God that enabled the slavemaster to enslave him. Therefore, that God is the enemy of the slave or captive just as the slave-master is.

True talk.
Re: Our Colonial Masters Used Religion To Enslaves Us by StrikeBack(m): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2019
Born2Freak:

True talk.
More True talk from you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Jerusalem Mentioned In The Quoran. / The End Of The Church Age / Who Who Did God Sent To The Whole World? Jesus Or Prophet Muhammed (s.a.w)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.