Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination (27696 Views)

Austrheim Sinks: Disaster At Sea, Sad Day For Nigerian Businessmen & Travellers / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) / The Reality About Kazakhstan And Warning To Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Chibabi(m): 8:00pm On May 30, 2017
UniqueDennis:

really
Yea. I knew her pretty well. Until her demise she was with the biological science department of UAM
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Rooneyboy(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:
The question is

WHY THE HELL WILL YOU TRAVEL WITHOUT KNOWING YOUR DESTINATION?

That is plain stupidity to me and you deserve every scenario you find yourself in.

What you should do before traveling...is find out and be exact about the location and make sure you travel at daylight. If you still get confused about your destination get a Damn hotel and tell your hosts to locate you themselves

And my question is "How old are u"
Once u are done with school I'm very sure u'll find urself in unknown destinations. From finding ur way to ur NYSC camp to getting a house after ur 3weeks camping / to going for exams and interviews in different states in the country when looking for a job . Or u probably think ur folks will do all of the running around for u

Isorite.......

7 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
Rooneyboy:

And my question is "How old are u"
Once u are done with school I'm very sure u'll find urself in unknown destinations. From finding ur way to ur NYSC camp to getting a house after ur 3weeks camping / to going for exams and interviews in different states in the country. Or u probably think ur folks will do all of the running around for u

Don't be dumb.

This is a civilized world you can Google about places and discover alot before visiting.
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by mhizAnnie(f): 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:
The question is

That is plain stupidity to me and you deserve every scenario you find yourself in.

What you should do before traveling...is find out and be exact about the location and make sure you travel at daylight. If you still get confused about your destination get a Damn hotel and tell your hosts to locate you themselves

Why do you feel that strong need to comment?
This is what u end up typing...smh

2 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by jaxxy(m): 8:07pm On May 30, 2017
UniqueDennis:

really

Incident happened 2weeks ago and she ws buried months ago abi Continue @chibabi
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 30, 2017
mhizAnnie:

Why do you feel that strong need to comment?
This is what u end up typing...smh

Don't heed to advises. Keep traveling blindly until you fall victim of ritualists and kidnappers
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Rooneyboy(m): 8:08pm On May 30, 2017
dingbang:
If I am coming to see you.. I expect that you come by yourself to pick me

Oh, really !

And if your host is a busy working class chap u expect him to leave his office for u, right

As the president's son that u are.

2 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Rooneyboy(m): 8:12pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:

Don't be dumb.

This is a civilized world you can Google about places and discover alot before visiting.

U are the dumb fellow here, u prolly too young to understand.

Probably Google also helps u to communicate with the okada riders.

3 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by obataokenwa(m): 8:13pm On May 30, 2017
BossLadyDiana:
Exact thing that happened to me 7 years ago, God spared my life. I tried posting my experience on nairaland but the voltrons and meta physical beings nairaland is harbouring,frustrated my efforts. Peeps be careful oo. This issue is so rampant.
Let us hear your own story.
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Rooneyboy(m): 8:15pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:

Wisdom is meaningless to the stupid

Oh, you've even been spewing rubbish here since.

# ignored

U ARE USELESS.

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Rooneyboy(m): 8:16pm On May 30, 2017
mhizAnnie:

Why do you feel that strong need to comment? This is what u end up typing...smh
The fellow is just useless or too young to grasp what adults are talking about.

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 30, 2017
Rooneyboy:

U are the dumb fellow here, u prolly too young to understand.

Probably Google also helps u to communicate with the okada riders.

I see you are a dummy who crawled out of a cave to quote me.

If you are traveling to an alien location the first thing you do Is make a research. You only succeeded in showing how stupid you are on a public forum. No doubt you think this way in reality. Facing your problems without making researches.

What a destructive and stagnant mentality

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by pokipoki: 8:18pm On May 30, 2017
Well said. People can also make use of maps on their smart phones too.
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by factwriter(m): 8:18pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:
The question is

I doubt if you have ever been out of your enclave before. Making such an ignorant statement like this.

Even in countries like America and UAE (where there are smart cities with every inch of their land represented on Google and local road Apps) people still miss there way round.

I see your statement as that of someone desperately seeking relevance in a forum, especially with your Nursery colour fonts and colours.

3 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 30, 2017
pokipoki:
Well said. People can also make use of maps on their smart phones too.

My point exactly. Why will you leave your house in this century without even making an attempt in knowing about your destination?!

Too many silly people on the Internet

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Fourwinds: 8:21pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:
The question is

im surprise u asked a question dat OP has already answered... It is possible to travel without knowing d exact location but it is left for ur host to go and bring u home at an agreed spot... I have had such experience before

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by FOLLEY20(m): 8:22pm On May 30, 2017
People are so much desperate for money in Nigeria this day and they use any opportunity available for them. God have mercy on us!
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 30, 2017
factwriter:

I doubt if you have ever been out of your enclave before. Making such an ignorant statement like this.

Even in countries like America and UAE (where there are smart cities with every inch of their land represented on Google and local road Apps) people still miss there way round.

I see your statement as that of someone desperately seeking relevance in a forum, especially with your Nursery colour and fonts.

lol grin

Only air heads like you get missing even with the help of Google map. I bet you know nothing about area codes and longitudes. Such an illiterate at your old age, only God knows how dumb your kids will be grin
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Fourwinds: 8:25pm On May 30, 2017
factwriter:

I see your statement as that of someone desperately seeking relevance in a forum, especially with your Nursery colour fonts and colours.
truly d guy missed d point... If he is a good traveller he wouldn't ask such question

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by ogashman(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2017
I ve been doing this a lot of times when I go to visit friends in areas I'm not familiar with...now I know better
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nature8(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2017
Denko2721987:
Two weeks ago a Senior lecturer at the Federal University of Agric Benue State visited her relative in Lokoja, Kogi State.
She arrived Lokoja and called her host for direction.

Her host told her to call an okada and give him the phone so she can explain the address. She did exactly that explaining to the Okada man how to bring the guest lecturer to her place. And that was it till today. There is no trace of this lady till today. However, two days after, a call came through demanding for
#500,000 ransom. The money was arranged and duly handed over. The phone went off till today and the lady lecturer is still missing.
We all do this once in a while trusting unknown Okada drivers to help us deliver our visitors or find our direction. Please it is time to stop. They have started taking advantage of the trust.
Tell your visitor to stop at a designated point, take the pain to go and pick him or her up.

Pls Forward to your friends and family..

Naija my Naija, Africa my Africa.. It is well..

May the Most High protect us from wicked and unreasonable men as we sojourn through the journey of life on a daily basis, amen..

Nice info bro, thanks..
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 30, 2017
dingbang:
If I am coming to see you.. I expect that you come by yourself to pick me
u sure? embarassed
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Fourwinds: 8:39pm On May 30, 2017
Mcowubaba:

Depends on the location.
Go and try Google map, in the interior villages of Gombe state.
It will lead you to Boko Haram
heheheheheeee... No mind am...some people are just kids on nairaland... Cannt just imagine how dey reason... This is Nigeria not UK or USA... Even network providers never cover some interior parts of Nigeria, na Google map go come reach there? Nonsense dey ooo

4 Likes

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by factwriter(m): 8:41pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:

lol grin

Only air heads like you get missing even with the help of Google map. I bet you know nothing about area codes and longitudes. Such an illiterate at your old age, only God knows how dumb your kids will be grin

Kid take my advice and just run off else I will shame you so bad you will be ditching your moniker half way through my mentions.

I am not your lukewarm everyday easy going Nairalander. I will devour you so fast you will migrate back to Koboland where you probably crawled out from.

If you have any sense of decency or modestly (which the people who probably dropped you into this world as a litter don't have), you would know better than using your leprosy infested fingers to pass inhuman comments where human safety and lives are concern.

Toddler trying to preach technology to me while your best shot at getting attention in a simple forum like Nairaland is using Nursery fonts and colour.

Abandon child. SCRAM!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Fourwinds: 8:41pm On May 30, 2017
smithsydny:
u sure? embarassed
ofcourse dat is what is expected of u... If u cannt den tell d person not to come
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 30, 2017
Fourwinds:
ofcourse dat is what is expected of u... If u cannt den tell d person not to come
grin nice
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 30, 2017
factwriter:

Kid take my advice and just run off else I will shame you so bad you will be ditching your moniker half way through my mentions.

I am not your lukewarm everyday easy going Nairalander. I will devour you so fast you will make migrate back to Koboland where you probably crawled out from.

If you have any sense of decency or modestly (which the people who probably dropped you into this world as a litter don't have), you would know better than using your leprosy infested fingers to pass inhuman comments where human safety and lives are concern.

Toddler trying to preach technology to me while your best shot at getting attention in a simple forum like Nairaland is using Nursery fonts and colour.

Abandon child. SCRAM!

You should stop quoting me, your stupidity is E-borne. You are an infant in an adult vessel. I obviously gave your brain too much credit never knew your skull is filled with H2O.

You are a technology illiterate from stone age. You probably got to know about technology the same time you registered on nairaland. Only a dimwitted fellow will brag about being superior in a public forum.

I bet you life evolves around nairaland. Unlike you I have a life outside here, I don't sell data for survival. I bet your entire worth is 100gb data.

Old fool living in a Cumberworld grin

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by dyadeleye(m): 9:01pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin
Nice story..

But as for me; I can ne'er be stranded.

Once you get to a strange town...locate the best brothel there.

You'd be home and dry...
Because oloshos are the best tour guides

My man, God bless you jere....we can never miss road..
Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by factwriter(m): 9:07pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:

You should stop quoting me, your stupidity is E-borne. You are an infant in an adult vessel. I obviously gave your brain too much credit never knew your skull is filled with H2O.

You are a technology illiterate from stone age. You probably got to know about technology the same time you registered on nairaland. Only a dimwitted fellow will brag about being superior in a public forum.

I bet you life evolves around nairaland. Unlike you I have a life outside here, I don't sell data for survival. I bet your entire worth is 100gb data.

Old fool living in a Cumberworld grin

At least you confirmed my diagnosis.
Now shove let me tend to relevant issues.

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by factwriter(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2017
*ATTENTION!!!*

Pls, if u have anybody that lives around Oshodi, mafoluku and its environs (in Lagos state) tell them to stay indoors because the area boys (hudlums) are at war right now.

They are planning a big one tomorrow.

This is because one of their leader was murdered in cold blood. Please be careful if u will be passing Oshodi tomorrow.

May God protect us all

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by kahara(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
grin
Nice story..

But as for me; I can ne'er be stranded.

Once you get to a strange town...locate the best brothel there.

You'd be home and dry...
Because oloshos are the best tour guides

You just registered newly and your body just dey catch you like a girl who recently lost her virginity. Please try to read, and comprehend before dropping your comment. Most of your comments since you came on board are off point. Not the way to go.

1 Like

Re: A Note Of Warning To Travellers Without A Precise Knowledge Of Their Destination by lereinter(m): 9:34pm On May 30, 2017
everything has turned evil.....
evil doers remember there is another day in paradise.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Commercial Bus Veers Into Ubu Osigbu Stream In Anambra (Photos, Video) / White Man's Tweet About Nigeria's Aviation Sector / When You Move To A New Place, What Is That First Thing You Look For??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.