Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,973 members, 7,838,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? (624 Views)

The Ascension Of Christ: A Most Significant Event / Today Is Feast Of The Ascension Of The Lord / Catholic:Acension thursday; Today Marks The Ascension Of Our Lord Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2017
What is the meaning and importance of the ascension of Jesus Christ? Why did Jesus need to ascend into Heaven?
Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On May 30, 2017
Why did Jesus need to ascend into Heaven?
Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by Scholar8200(m): 7:21pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Ephesians 4:8

In summary He died for our sins;

Was raised for our justification;

And ascended for our dominion!

All hail the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by plappville(f): 11:11pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus needs to send thé Holy Spirit to US.

After his resurrection He told his followers, “I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high” Luke 24:49.

In Christ's Pentecost sermon Peter explains, “Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing” (Acts 2:33).

God promised in Joel 2:28, “I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,” and this promise is fulfilled by the exalted heavenly Lord Jesus. After He ascended, Jésus sent the Spirit to be present with his Disciples. (John 14:16), to empower them for worldwide mission (Acts 1:8; 4:31), and to transform believers to live new lives reflecting their king (Romans 8:9–11; 2 Corinthians 3:18).
Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by plappville(f): 11:13pm On May 30, 2017
OLAADEGBU:
What is the meaning and importance of the ascension of Jesus Christ? Why did Jesus need to ascend into Heaven?

His Ascension brought Us the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah smiley
Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2017
Scholar8200:

Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

Ephesians 4:8

In summary He died for our sins;

Was raised for our justification;

And ascended for our dominion!

All hail the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Hallelujah! cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:27pm On May 30, 2017
plappville:

Jesus needs to send thé Holy Spirit to US.

After his resurrection He told his followers, “I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high” Luke 24:49.

In Christ's Pentecost sermon Peter explains, “Being therefore exalted at the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he has poured out this that you yourselves are seeing and hearing” (Acts 2:33).

God promised in Joel 2:28, “I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,” and this promise is fulfilled by the exalted heavenly Lord Jesus. After He ascended, Jésus sent the Spirit to be present with his Disciples. (John 14:16), to empower them for worldwide mission (Acts 1:8; 4:31), and to transform believers to live new lives reflecting their king (Romans 8:9–11; 2 Corinthians 3:18).

Good job! smiley
Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:22am On Jun 04, 2017
plappville:

His Ascension brought Us the Holy Spirit. Hallelujah smiley

Way to go! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning And Importance Of The Ascension Of Jesus Christ? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:23am On Jun 13, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Check it out here:

https://www.gotquestions.org/ascension-Jesus-Christ.html

(1) (Reply)

How Mithras Used Women To Stage Miracles Of Curing Madness / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 24/08/17 / Pastor & His Pastor Wife Spotted Kissing Passionately Inside An Airport (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.