Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,609 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? (581 Views)

Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? / 20 Useful Websites That Increase One’s Intelligence Level / Ability To Speak English Is Truly A Measure Of Intelligence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by Kizyte(m): 5:14pm On May 27, 2017
I'm so confused right now!

I noticed on Nairaland, some people cannot make comment on a post without being attacked by other users who claim they are experts in English Language. They make jest of the OP by typing their usual "RIP English Language" etc.

So, my question is:
Is English Language a measure of a person's level of intelligence?
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by oldfoolnigger(m): 5:29pm On May 27, 2017
The answer is . . . .

. NO.
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by Kizyte(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2017
olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by hazan041(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2017
just a language

EDE lason ni
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by hazan041(m): 6:12pm On May 27, 2017
no just a language

EDE lason ni
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by TreasuredLeidy(f): 6:13pm On May 27, 2017
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by subtlemee(f): 6:20pm On May 27, 2017
Yes it's one of the measures...

1 Like

Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by Skappy44(m): 7:38pm On May 27, 2017
no,it is just a language
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by branhampaul: 7:51pm On May 27, 2017
I bet you that some street/village boys don't even know how to speak english effectively but they are 10times wiser than you..
Intelligence Is the "ability to remember and put to use what you've learned".
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:42pm On May 27, 2017
branhampaul:
I bet you that some street/village boys don't even know how to speak english effectively but they are 10times wiser than you..
Intelligence Is the "ability to remember and put to use what you've learned".
correct sir!!!
Re: Is English Language A Measure Of One's Intelligence? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 27, 2017
Kizyte:
I'm so confused right now!

I noticed on Nairaland, some people cannot make comment on a post without being attacked by other users who claim they are experts in English Language. They make jest of the OP by typing their usual "RIP English Language" etc.

So, my question is:
Is English Language a measure of a person's level of intelligence?
English isn't. The most important thing is the message passed across. If you have good writing skills but the readers can't comprehend and understand you, then it's a waste of talent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

How To Become An Ethical Hacker With All Your Needs / Admission: 6 Reasons Why You Fail To Get Admission Yet / Become A Millionaire Through Snail � Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.