Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,182 members, 7,860,243 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:17 AM

. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / . (2848 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by afrobaby(f): 2:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

unless you are 15yrs old, you have a pretty good idea about what these guys want from you. they dont want to be your "friend", they want to fukc you(excuse my french) or at least get to know you to date you.
either way, since you are in a relationship already, you shouldnt go that way.
my woman has thousands of friends but none of them are guys who tried to pick her up in the street as she has more class than that.
@mrbrownjay
So u wanna tell me that every guy that collects a lady's number has only the intention of sleeping with her, tjen u must be a low-minded person or better still think lowly,
can I ask u a question?
Because am in a relationship, does that mean I cant have any male friends again, colleagues at work? members in church? etc
Or can u tell me that since U started ur relationship, uve never for once collected another lady's number?
pls i dont want any explanation or analysis, just yes or no
thx
Re: . by chadcolly: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
I sincerly think one shd be very careful with guys when u re in a serious r/ship.It is neva a good advice to give ur numbers to your toasters.they have a way of affecting your r/ship negatively,especially wen u re dating a jealous guy, If she is not willing to listen to you,then she has something to hid, this is my honest opinion
Re: . by estrella(f): 6:37pm On Jan 25, 2010
Well! you all have to remember that you have just heard one side of the story and already you are calling the poor girl a LovePeddler and a materialistic woman.If we heard her side, we would probably tear o;oligarch to pieces! I want to say that the fact that your woman has toasters is something to be grateful for, some men go out with women who hardly get a second glance from other men.would you feel better if you had that kind of woman? now the fact that she is in a serious relationship with you doesn't mean that she should be shun every form of male attention.that would be unfair.Can you honestly say that you have never given a woman your number in the two years you pple have been together? You don't have any female friends? and even if you don't, it would be unfair of you to demand the same thing of her. I'm in a five year relationship and my fiance and i had the same issue.I still have men walk up to me and ask me out.I don't give my number to ALL of them; especially those ones that I know don't respect the fact that I have a fiance.the ones i do give my number to are those i perceive will make good friends and won't overstep their boundaries. and more often than not i am right.I made my fiance understand this and he has come to accept it.I'm the kind of girl who would rather crash over at my guy pals house than my female friends house and that's because I have less female friends and more male friends. only a man who is secure in his authority over his woman wont make a big deal out of this, I suggest you wear her shoes, if she has been faithful to you all this while,what will make her change her mind? not all girls are materialistic hombre, call her up and talk about it again, this time, wear her shoes, good luck!
Re: . by Sauron1: 6:52pm On Jan 25, 2010
afrobaby:

@mrbrownjay
So u wanna tell me that every guy that collects a lady's number has only the intention of sleeping with her, tjen u must be a low-minded person or better still think lowly,
can I ask u a question?
Because am in a relationship, does that mean I cant have any male friends again, colleagues at work? members in church? etc
Or can u tell me that since U started your relationship, uve never for once collected another lady's number?
thx

Stop being fickle-minded.

There's a universe of difference between giving your number to a male friend AND giving your number to a man that has the intention to sleep with you. The OP said his fiancee gives her number to men that are asking her out which reeks of lack of respect and lack of dignity.
Any woman with this attitude should go to Mount Horeb for special deliverance.

Oligarch:

And like i pleaded in the follow-up, this isn't a topic for 'fling' or 'open relationship' oriented people, please. It's serious; only circumspect, reasonable and mature responses would be most suitable. I crave your indulgence my dear friends.

U have done the right thing. . . . .
There's no rational excuse behind a woman giving her number out when is in a SERIOUS relationship.
Re: . by agathamari(f): 8:45pm On Jan 25, 2010
if you are in a relationship (dating or married) whether you are a guy or girl, unless there is a legitimate reason (as in works for/with you, lives in your building, or any other reason you would NEED not want but NEED to get intouch with said person) you should not ask for or accept the number of someone of the oposite sex. if you are getting married then so called "toasters" should be ignored not encouraged by exchanging numbers. such actions in some areas of the world are considered cheating.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
afrobaby:

@mrbrownjay
can I ask u a question?
Or can u tell me that since U started your relationship, uve never for once collected another lady's number?
thx

if you had taken the time to read ALL my post you would have seen that the reply to your question is already on my previous post. . . . . .  here they are again:

having male friends is not the problem or a threat, its the way they become your so called "friend" that is.

there is a big difference between "making friends" and giving your number to ANY man who is trying to chat you up in the street.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 26, 2010
Dts immaturity on ur gals's side.She prolly thinks d grass is greener on d otherside especially given dt u hadn't gotten a job by d time u guys were 2geda now u have a job I bet ds chic will come back begging!move on v fast as u have a gr8t future ahead of u no need 4 ds kinda distraction,
Re: . by Nobody: 12:20am On Jan 26, 2010
Fiance, not even girlfriend, what will she do when you're married? cheesy
Re: . by na2day2(m): 12:34am On Jan 26, 2010
@ OP

thou shall not fear! grin grin grin
Re: . by Nobody: 1:07am On Jan 26, 2010
Re: . by Druss(m): 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2010
A girl that gives her numbers to guys that their interest is in toasting her whilst she is in a relationship is really not interested in the future of the relationship. There is a reason that I stopped giving my number out except for professional reasons at work. Most people have ulterior motives.

I would expect my girl not to give out her numbers to toasters. If she starts giving me excuses that would be me considering her interest in me and our future together. Men do not view friendships and numbers the way women do.

As for the below quote

I'm the kind of girl who would rather crash over at my guy pals house than my female friends house and that's because I have less female friends and more male friends.

A responsible woman would not say this junk!! This is crap and should/will never be excused. I can excuse this if you are not looking at marrying the guy but even then it shows the lack of wisdom inherent in the poster! Next thing will be I feel safe laying with my guy friends on the same bed!! FVCK THAT!!
Re: . by amyliajane(f): 9:35am On Jan 27, 2010
@oligarch,

i really feel for you, it isn't easy when u r in a serious relationship with ur whole heart in it and then your partner starts to misbehave. To start with this is a very serious relationship we are talking about here that has gone beyond just dating where the girl is already a fiance, she gives out her number to some toasters or 'wooers' to be friends isn't right, if the so called toaster guy succeeds in getting to her, what happens next, she will start comapraing the two of them who is better. For me , i think she needs to set her priorities right, distinguish wat she needs from what she wants.She cannot eat her cake and have it back, what more attention does she need again when she has someone who is devoted to her.
All that glitters is not gold. But unfortunately, the relationship cannot be salvaged.
Re: . by naijaswag1: 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
You are gradually loosing this girl.Watch it.
Re: . by Romeo4real(m): 10:07pm On Jan 27, 2010
I don't even know where to begin with this post - especially with the juvenile nonsense being spouted by Afrobaby and Siata-Jay

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Developing Strong Feelings For My Coursin: / Help!!! Am In Love With My Sister`s Husband,can I Kill My Sister? / Why Are Ladies Not Proud Of Their Age ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.