Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] (518 Views)

Please I Need Response From Spiritually Mature Christians / RCCG: Redeemed Church Protests Insecurity, Killing Of Christians On Sunday / 30 Simple Characters Of Mature Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by managersam: 7:52pm On Jul 28, 2017
There's this issue that always bother my heart.. .
How is ordination of a thing done in the fellowship. Is it that God will reveal the people that he wants to choose to the current leaders or the leaders themselves choose whom they think will be fit for the post?

1 Like

Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 28, 2017
The issue of ordination has become politicized, however, holding a position in church doesn't guarantee making heaven, as a matter of fact, holders of positions in church are held at a higher standard since they are Shepherds.

How ever, some members "workers" whom a pastor knows has grown spiritually and can handle the responsibilities that comes with a certain position encourage such members to go for the ordination.

The problem with these suggestion is we cannot really vouch for the Christianity of these recommended people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by managersam: 8:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
kennygee:
The issue of ordination has become politicized, however, holding a position in church doesn't guarantee making heaven, as a matter of fact, holders of positions in church are held at a higher standard since they are Shepherds.

How ever, some members "workers" whom a pastor knows has grown spiritually and can handle the responsibilities that comes with a certain position encourage such members to go for the ordination.

The problem with these suggestion is we cannot really vouch for the Christianity of these recommended people.

May God bless you ma.
Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by managersam: 8:20pm On Jul 28, 2017
More please..
Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by PointZerom: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
This ordination of a thing is causing nuisance to the body of Christ b'cos a pretender in the church can be mistakenly ordained especially if the priest is not spirit filled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by managersam: 8:24pm On Jul 28, 2017
PointZerom:
This ordination of a thing is causing nuisance to the body of Christ b'cos a pretender in the church can be mistakenly ordained especially if the priest is not spirit filled.

Sincerely, you're not far from the truth sir.

1 Like

Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by petra1(m): 8:25pm On Jul 28, 2017
managersam:
There's this issue that always bother my heart.. .
How is ordination of a thing done in the fellowship

What kind of fellowship? Campus ?

Is it that God will reveal the people that he wants to choose to the current leaders or the leaders themselves choose whom they think will be fit for the post?

I don't know what is the urgency about this your post. And what should be your concern how leaders are ordained . Did you feel you ought to be ordained and it was given to another ? Try open up more . You cant get right counsel vagueness . You should trust the leaderkidlyship of the place you're submitted. Whatever structure ture by which leaders are chosen shouldn't be of disturbance to you. But if you're that concerned kindly ask your pastor. Nobody can speak for them here .
Re: Mature Christians On Nairaland, Come In Please [very Urgent] by 701ecilana: 11:23pm On Jul 28, 2017
petra1:

What kind of fellowship? Campus ?

I don't know what is the urgency about this your post. And what should be your concern how leaders are ordained . Did you feel you ought to be ordained and it was given to another ? Try open up more . You cant get right counsel vagueness . You should trust the leaderkidlyship of the place you're submitted. Whatever structure ture by which leaders are chosen shouldn't be of disturbance to you. But if you're that concerned kindly ask your pastor. Nobody can speak for them here .
I was wondering what could be so urgent. People sef.

(1) (Reply)

OMG: Lagos Pastor Strikes Woman With Blindness Inside The Church / Nigerian Catholic Priest Quits Catholic Church / I Have Disobeyed God Once - Pastor E A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.