Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu (43276 Views)

How I Survived Ogbunike Cave And Its Colony Of Bats (photos) / My Visit To The Ancient Cave Of Ashes... Isarun In Ondo State. (pictures) / 12 Thailand Kids And Their Coach Found Alive After 9 Days In The Cave(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by naturefellow(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2017
nachW:
A very wonderful place indeed with beautiful mountains and valleys which you'll pass through before getting to the waterfall. I've been there like 6 times.....so sad people are no longer allowed to visit there
And why is that...?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by wealthyhenry(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2017
dkronicle:
i hate that kind of place, its too narrow.one dynamite, everyone is gone.
see ur mentality mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by chigoziri2403(m): 8:28pm On May 30, 2017
DollarAngel:
TO ME THAT'S ONE OF THE WORLD SEVEN WONDERS, PERSONALLY I HAVE BEEN THERE ON TWO OCCASIONS, IT'S A MYSTERIOUS WATER CAVE, INTERESTING THING ABOUT IT IS THE MORE THE CROWD SINGS AND WORSHIP GOD THE MORE THE WATER FALLS MORE, MIND YOU WHITE TOURIST HAVE COME TO CHECK FOR THE SOURCE OF THE WATER BUT COULDN'T FIND, AND IT HEALS TOO. MAY THE NAME OF THE LORD BE BLESSED
where exactly in ENUGU state?

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by citadels(f): 8:28pm On May 30, 2017
Take a bus from anywhere in Nigeria stop at Night mile climb the flyover, u see buses heading to a village called awhum. Though the fall is being controlled by the monastery called awhum monastery. Thanks. I have being there but people u may collapse on ya way ooo. The road to it is very far ooo and hilly . I can't make it at this age again I went there 2011 when I was 25 I knew how far. its not easy ooo. They almost back me on my way home but everyone was on their own ooo.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by kelechiodo(m): 8:31pm On May 30, 2017
Cesc001:
OK.. Will visit there soon. Thanks
Pls don't waste your time. The place has been closed by the monks who alleged that tourists commit all sorts of sexual immortality when they visit. The waterfalls and caves are situated inside monastery. I

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by kelechiodo(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2017
naturefellow:
And why is that...?
The place has been closed by the monks who alleged that tourists commit all sorts of sexual immortality when they visit. The waterfalls and caves are situated inside monastery. I

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 30, 2017
kelechiodo:

Pls don't waste your time. The place has been closed by the monks who alleged that tourists commit all sorts of sexual immortality when they visit. The waterfalls and caves are situated inside monastery. I
really? OK... I better not waste my time and money.. Thanks
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by pammylerin(m): 8:36pm On May 30, 2017
Young03:
Where in enugu?
in ur father's house ode raanu....

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by ipodstinks: 8:38pm On May 30, 2017
CHARLOE:
Mumu, y can't u stay back in ur beautiful Biafra, y are u guys always running away from home? For ur info, there's beautiful tourist attractions all over naija.
He's a guy, only pretending to be female. He's an attention seeker. I have busted him many times.
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by KemjikaEme: 8:39pm On May 30, 2017
The picture of the cave is beautiful,yet there is something mysterious about it,almost like i'm seeing in it physically. I don't want to take a second look.
It has huge tourism potentials though!
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by naturefellow(m): 8:40pm On May 30, 2017
kelechiodo:

The place has been closed by the monks who alleged that tourists commit all sorts of sexual immortality when they visit. The waterfalls and caves are situated inside monastery. I
OK. So does it mean that it is permanently closed to tourists now? 'cos I plan to visit very soon. Hopefully before the year runs out.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
nice.
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by blingxx(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2017
dejavubobo1:
looks like the road to rivendell in HOBBITS..

nice to know we ve such in Naija.
Nollywood should do something here ASAP

this dude have watched too much Lord of the rings grin... but nice location sha .. I hope nollywood makes good use of this one
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by dejavubobo1(m): 8:53pm On May 30, 2017
naturefellow:
nice imagination. Haven't you seen that 2000s Nollywood flick titled 40 Days and 40 Nights, starring Bob-Manuel Udogwu? He was healed of an infirmity at this location.
Well, this was when Nollywood was purposeful!
No have not seen the movie. if the cave walkway can be stretched & inn's can be created fr relaxation purposes, then it ll be the another reason to buy a plane ticket to enugun
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by dejavubobo1(m): 8:56pm On May 30, 2017
blingxx:

this dude have watched too much Lord of the rings grin... but nice location sha .. I hope nollywood makes good use of this one
I dont trust nollywood movie directors... they ll make u hate the place or do meaningless scene there
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by blingxx(m): 8:59pm On May 30, 2017
DollarAngel:
TO ME THAT'S ONE OF THE WORLD SEVEN WONDERS, PERSONALLY I HAVE BEEN THERE ON TWO OCCASIONS, IT'S A MYSTERIOUS WATER CAVE, INTERESTING THING ABOUT IT IS THE MORE THE CROWD SINGS AND WORSHIP GOD THE MORE THE WATER FALLS MORE, MIND YOU WHITE TOURIST HAVE COME TO CHECK FOR THE SOURCE OF THE WATER BUT COULDN'T FIND, AND IT HEALS TOO. MAY THE NAME OF THE LORD BE BLESSED

seven was wonders keh undecided ... we have thousands of location more beautiful than this all over the world
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by tivta(m): 9:03pm On May 30, 2017
dkronicle:
You watch too many action films, what would make any one throw dynamite there? Don't you know dynamite is expensive and rare to find? Come back to reality

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by showlove911(m): 9:07pm On May 30, 2017
HERE IS LOCATION GUIDE, I TOT DIS MIT BE HELPFUL!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 9:10pm On May 30, 2017
2n2k:

Who stopped people from visiting there?

Is this place a tourist centre or a spiritual centre/shrine?

It appears everyone that claimed here to have been there went for something spiritual

Its in a monastery,the monks are in charge so they are the ones who stopped the visits
I'm not sure why they stopped it but I think it's because its getting noisy and the monks desire silence all the time

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by colbankz(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2017
dkronicle:

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 9:28pm On May 30, 2017
greateliso:
Very beautiful, developed countries generate a large percentage of income into their economy through tourism. I hope Nigeria will dive into it.

Is Kenya and Tanzania among your definition of developed countries? Yet they rely heavily on tourism, it's got nothing to do with being developed

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by chizzy4eazy(f): 9:29pm On May 30, 2017
heybaby12:
Please how does one get here, a detailed description Pls.
Thanks
depending were u are goin from, take preferably peacetransport stop at there last b/stop (old park enugu), walk across the road just in front of mr bigs join the vehicle to awhum monastry with not less than #500. but mind u, for security reasons join a catholic prayer squad or ministry goin to awhum for booking procedures and arrengment.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by holysainbj(m): 9:29pm On May 30, 2017
abouzaid:
this is a limestone river gorge and water fall, the whole area is definitely a karst region. excellent tourist resources going to waste, it reminds me of ogbunike cave in neighboring anambra state, a real limestone cave going to waste.
i once took a group of students to visit Ogbunike cave when we attended a national convention in Umunya from Uyo (am from Anambra, never visited Ogbunike tho)
I was shell-shocked at what was going to waste. Nigerians dont even know such places exist!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 30, 2017
If you want to go there you must join a Catholic group going there on pilgrimage, the monks have restricted public visits there because of the pervasive acts done by tourists so you must be going there for prayers or meditation and must be part of a group

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by fmarshal(m): 9:43pm On May 30, 2017
Cesc001:
Where in Enugu is this located? I need to visit asap
Udi Local Government. From 9th mile, take a bus to Awhum

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Pyramid1212: 9:44pm On May 30, 2017
U b mugu so u dont know your 36 states n capital anyway ur jamb result is out
Young03:
Where in enugu?
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 30, 2017
fmarshal:

Udi Local Government. From 9th mile, take a bus to Awhum
somebody said the place has been locked

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by chudi55: 10:24pm On May 30, 2017
Young03:
Where in enugu?
go back to school enugu is in Southeast BIAFRA Land
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by chi4ik(m): 10:52pm On May 30, 2017
Abbeyme:
This is beautiful.

Nature is indeed beautiful.

I tell you, Tourism is the next economy boom for us all
it's in monastery in Enugu state. .many churches do come there for prayers. d monastery is as busy as holy ground

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by chi4ik(m): 10:56pm On May 30, 2017
snrman:
See as tourism day waste
dear it's not wasting, thousands of people do visit there on daily basis. it's inside monastery under catholic church where monk(s) (Rev Fathers) lives. different churches do visit there for prayers. I have been there severally

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by seguno2: 11:01pm On May 30, 2017
kelechiodo:

Why is the government allowing such CONFISCATION of a place that can boost economic prosperity and employment?
Re: Photos Of Awhum Waterfall And Cave, Enugu by hardbody: 11:07pm On May 30, 2017
You won't catch me there dead. I am scared of enclosed spaces and i will die of paranoia if I went any close

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet Amarachi The Graduate Female Keke Rider In Warri, Delta State (video) / Check Out Anambra State In 3D (beautiful Photos) / FG Test Runs Abuja-Kaduna Cabin Trains (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.