Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Top Video Games With Great Storyline - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Top Video Games With Great Storyline (25131 Views)

List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) / Enjoy Your PPSSPP Games With This BEST Ppsspp Settings. / How To Install Games With OBB Files On Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by ironkurtain(m): 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
Half-life 1 and 2

Fear

Crysis 1 and 2
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Ibj50(m): 9:39pm On Jun 08, 2017
HyDef:

Yesssss! I love this game! One of the best RPGs I've played.

And don't get me started on The Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time is still probably the best game I've played till date. Way ahead of its time.

these games(legend of zelda:ocarina of time and ff:chrono trigger) are the best... still got both
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by ChiefSweetus: 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2017
Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back
PS2

Underrated effort from Rockstar Games
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Ibj50(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
HyDef:

And don't get me started on The Legend of Zelda. Ocarina of Time is still probably the best game I've played till date. Way ahead of its time.

the best
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by iPopAlomo(m): 9:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
Imagine... Skyrim is missing...
The Elder Scrolls...
Darksider...
Game plenty...
Romance of the three Kingdoms 13...

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by encryptjay(m): 9:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
I'm not a game freak calling God of war a childish game is ludicrous. Geez... Asin God of war franchise fa. This one weak me...
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by rayralph(m): 9:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
No HIT-MAN series on the list

Na wah oooo
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by EvilMetahuman: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
No gta 4 and 5?
Pftt
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by jonbellion(m): 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
The last of us!
Assassins creed too. When it was still cool
Now it's just repetitive bulshit
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by baba4thegehs: 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Post like this should come with images.

You want me to just read and imagine the graphics in my head huh?
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Cannonleo(m): 9:48pm On Jun 08, 2017
No game beats my version of interpersonal interaction and defined story line like
(a) Call of duty
The call of duty franchise has grown systematically over the years starting from it's first installment. Call of duty 1,
Plots have shifted from the events of the second world war, through the Vietnam war and down to the war on terror and advanced warfare.
Characters like captain price, major Ingram, zakayev,makorov,Yuri,Sgt Briggs, Soap mactavish, Hudson,woods,etc have all had their days and nights in it's run.
In all the series ,it is hard to choose the best of the best but my hats are off for call of duty 2, call of duty mordern warfare,black ops 2 and ghosts.

(b) conflict global. From the deserts of Iraq,to the jungles of Columbia and the cold of Siberia. Conflict global never ceases to hold down your breath as you play. Although the storyline may seem predictable the twists and turns surrounding Bradley,Jones,Sherman,Foley and Connors will never seem to go away. The game has a big plus for me for playing on older graphic cards

(c)GTA: now when it comes to reality and expression no game beats the freedom that The GTA series gives. With story line intertwined through the meeting of different characters as play progresses leading to ends determined by actions undertaken by the player. GTA san Andreas still takes a chunk of my heart amongst all the series with 4 and Ballard of gay tony finishing the role.

(d) flamming cliffs
(e) need for speed the run: now races are all about winning and coming first but this race has a bit of a twist to it, it is a rave for life and face, with every meeting and challenge , tony has to win , the drop scenes helped to give the game the killer effect and took away the traditional confinment to the vehicle.

(f) art of war . Now I am a big fan of strategy games and all my years of gaming ,no strategy game has beat the art of war from the days of symbian devices to it's current episode 3, art of war keeps you on your toes and keeps you guessing what the outcome of every confrontation would be.

Battlefield

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by sniperwolf(m): 9:49pm On Jun 08, 2017
Dexter247:
THE GODFATHER.. dopest game ever SouL Reaver too

I played LEGACY OF KAIN
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by AccidentalGenius: 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
so nobody here has played BEYOND? that game is on the same level as Uncharted and Last of us.

http://www.google.com.ng/search?q=beyond+ps3&client=ms-opera-mini-android&channel=new&gws_rd=cr&ei=OLk5WfreLMG7aei2htgF

here's a trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtEoS0MaNyA
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Namdeenero(m): 9:50pm On Jun 08, 2017
Shadow of Mordor!

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by HyDef(m): 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2017
Ibj50:
these games(legend of zelda:ocarina of time and ff:chrono trigger) are the best... still got both

Old games, I'm surprised you still have them.

I grew up on the younger Nintendo, DS and lower, SNES and higher, and I must say that some of those games have surprisingly amazing stories.

I'll keep mentioning it, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey was basically a movie in game form. I loved it.
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by sniperwolf(m): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
The OP is on point, God of War is just too plain to call it a good story. It's just hack and slash. Same can be said about DMC
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by sniperwolf(m): 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2017
Namdeenero:
Shadow of Mordor!
This one has no story or the story did not just connect
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by unmask: 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2017
You just don't beat ocarina of time....the tunes and all......the story was superb.......still rate it as the best game ever
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by kissgrafix: 10:06pm On Jun 08, 2017
I played this games and I loved them
1.Dishonoured ---- lovely story line
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Watch Dogs
4. Resident Evil 6..
5 Call of duty.. Black ops 1-3
6.Hitman Absolution
7. Splinter Cell.. Conviction
8. Dead rising 3
9. Shadow of Mordor .. Freaking Awesome
10. Saint Row...
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Namdeenero(m): 10:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
sniperwolf:

This one has no story or the story did not just connect
Yea the game gets confusing at times but it follows the Lord of the rings and The hobbit storyline
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by kissgrafix: 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2017
kissgrafix:
I played this games and I loved them
1.Dishonoured ---- lovely story line
2. Sleeping Dogs
3. Watch Dogs
4. Resident Evil 6..
5 Call of duty.. Black ops 1-3
6.Hitman Absolution
7. Splinter Cell.. Conviction
8. Dead rising 3
9. Shadow of Mordor .. Freaking Awesome
10. Saint Row...
❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
11. EVEIL WITHIN ❤️❤️❤️
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by dirtyhokage(m): 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2017
Metal gear is the best!!! Right from ps1 and last of us is freaking cool too,if Uv nat played last of us u are missing out
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by psalmson001: 10:15pm On Jun 08, 2017
slinkman:
GTA 5

I concur......even San Andreas has gud story line too.

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by oyienootieno: 10:17pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mckandre:
What Fuckery is this, no God of War and dantes inferno?

Assassin creed, GTA, Gow 1,2 and 3.
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
thank you for adding Red redemption and my all time favourite chrono tiger ..you have got to be a fan of chrono tiger and that pure raw nature of the old wild west ..sweet Jesus ...its so beautiful !!
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by robonski15(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2017
HyDef:

You are not far from the truth.. Ocarina of time and perfect dark are my best game ever, i hail the developers..
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Charles4075(m): 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
kozmicity:

Guy,your eye clear so??
Abeg help me ask the guy ohhh boss. Saying God Of War is childish. He should check the ratings online and see for himself. Not to mention, Diablo ain't there, Call Of Duty, Modern Combat, Max Payne, Dante's Inferno, Bio Hazard, The Run, Unchartered, Prince Of Persia, Assassins Creed. Well maybe that's the type he prefers. But for me, I love games that make me angry, pissed, focused and adrenaline pumping high.

I'll respect the op opinion. We all can't like same stuff.

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by oodua1stson: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2017
Who here has played retribution resistance?
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by rowbee(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
Watchdogs. Thank me later
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Csami(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
COD Black Ops, Modern Warfare and Ghost.
Splinter Cell
Assassins Creed
Hitman

Prototype is one silly game. The worst game I've ever played.
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by bestpunterever: 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Walking Dead
Clementine, a young girl whose parents were vacationing in another city when the zombie apocalypse happened. Their unexpected journey takes them to Savannah, where her parents should be, and along the way you meet a cast of characters who you grow to love (or hate with a burning passion). It's okay though, because there are instances when your choices affect their chances of staying in your group. The game's strengths are its dialogue and character development, and it's impossible not to feel sad, guilty, or angry whenever Clementine witnesses or experiences anything horrible. It's a given that when the dead start walking that there will be gruesome scenes, but the pacing, the execution of each scenario made The Walking Dead stand out.
I love this game, a lot of suspense.
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by brushesz: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
Vasaratti16:
these games you mentioned are not really story inclined, like Cao said, in my own personal opinion God of War is a childish game and that's why I didn't put it in the list. I should add uncharted but...... .......

GOD OF WAR should be numero uno on your list.

Are you kidding me?
You're not a gamer at all...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please. How Do You Unlock Fifa 14 kick off mode on android / Football Manager 2020 PC Official Thread / 6 Games We Played While We Were Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.