Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,956 members, 7,817,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Top Video Games With Great Storyline - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Top Video Games With Great Storyline (25139 Views)

List Of Top Video Game Developing Companies (which Is Your Favorite?) / Enjoy Your PPSSPP Games With This BEST Ppsspp Settings. / How To Install Games With OBB Files On Android Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Rick9(m): 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2017
No god of war, smh
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by PROWESX(m): 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2017
i duff my hat for the walking dead when it comes to game with great storyline

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Rick9(m): 10:35pm On Jun 08, 2017
chibu4u2:
when u play GOD OF WAR u go understand d meaning of story line in game
Thank u
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Shaev7(m): 10:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Metal Gear Solid
There is no game I have played in which whose plot is so brilliantly and intricately developed. A series of plot twists, revelations, and just a general high quality of script writing, this is one amazing game. My all time favorite
Never before have I been so emotionally attached to a video game character than with just about every character in the cast of the Metal Gear Solid franchise. I grew up with this game, even from a very young age I was always desperate to watch my older sister play the first MGS. I remember the final scene of MGS4 vividly, and how it literally caused me to tear up. It's a deep and powerful storyline. One that should go down history as the best of all time. Keep it number one on this list, heh.
Metal Gear Solid will always remain the best and most emotional story ever, it just has a sense to it that is absolutely amazing. Never have I cared so much about characters like; Big Boss, Revolver Ocelot, The Boss, and so on.

My best. I finished it on PS 1, so nice story, yet to finish the others. Learnt lots of guns lol...
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by sauceEEP(m): 10:38pm On Jun 08, 2017
Wolf among us
Fahrenheit (indigo prophecy)
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by pryme(m): 10:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Honestly Op am shocked there is no God Of War, no Half Life, sha
It's just your opinion
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by MisterKings(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
Oga what of God of war. That is number one jor
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by kozmicity: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
toastedbread:
finish d game . all yours to enjoy.
after this, find GTA: San Andreas.
Can you really enter San Andreas from Vice City??
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by DBlackCeazer(m): 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2017
Mckandre:
What Fuckery is this, no God of War and dantes inferno?
God of war should be no. 1
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by kozmicity: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
Charles4075:
Abeg help me ask the guy ohhh boss. Saying God Of War is childish. He should check the ratings online and see for himself. Not to mention, Diablo ain't there, Call Of Duty, Modern Combat, Max Payne, Dante's Inferno, Bio Hazard, The Run, Unchartered, Prince Of Persia, Assassins Creed. Well maybe that's the type he prefers. But for me, I love games that make me angry, pissed, focused and adrenaline pumping high.

I'll respect the op opinion. We all can't like same stuff.

Ah bio hazard...the game of men!

Fast and furious

Pes 2017

GTA5

MadeMan

COD

Those were when games were games
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by jbnm: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2017
wat of far cry
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by jonbellion(m): 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2017
sniperwolf:

This one has no story or the story did not just connect
that game eh
The AI is so annoying
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Gangster1ms: 11:36pm On Jun 08, 2017
I love to play matured games
GTA series
Godfather series
Call of duty series
God of war series
Tenchu series
Saints Row series..

GTA and The Godfather will forever be the best.. i love games with no limitations. U do what u wanna do and go where u wanna go. I dey even carry ashawo for GTA go bang grin

Modified. .
Miami vice grin
And there there is this particular game .. Can't remember the name.. the guy has a dog that helps him. I fit order the dog to kill my enemies and he will do that perfectly. . grin

Mehn games sweet o but no time nowadays. . I got all back then.. gameboy/psp when light no dey and ps1/ps2/ps3 when light dey. Then laptop games dey inbetween grin
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by latepa(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2017
No one mention Duck Hunt,Brick game,Donkey Kong Country,Mario Kart and Sonic the Hedgehog etc..all have wonderful story line smiley wink
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Bontia(m): 12:29am On Jun 09, 2017
Nice
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by ogtavia(m): 12:44am On Jun 09, 2017
Guys how about we respect each the preferences of one another...what Mr A might find interesting might not make sense to Mr B...with these said...I have played a great number of games however I found these ones particularly interesting...in no particular order...

- Max Payne 1-3
- Mafia 1 and 2
- Gta San Andreas..
- GTA IV
- The Saboteur.
- Far Cry 1 and 2
- Splinter Cell Series.. esp conviction..double agent..blacklist..
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare Series,Black OP Series,World War Series..
- Wolfenstein.
- James Bond Series.
- NFS The Run...
- Sleeping Dogs..
- Medal of Honor Series..
- Strike Force Counter Strike..
- Rainbow Six Vegas..
- Spec Ops The Line...
- The Division (Tom Clancy)..havent played this yet but it's worth mentioning..
- Onimusha...

Let me stop here..
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by ponti93(m): 12:52am On Jun 09, 2017
Injustice: gods among us
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Ibj50(m): 1:06am On Jun 09, 2017
HyDef:

Old games, I'm surprised you still have them.

I grew up on the younger Nintendo, DS and lower, SNES and higher, and I must say that some of those games have surprisingly amazing stories.

I'll keep mentioning it, Dreamfall: The Longest Journey was basically a movie in game form. I loved it.
i don't throw away my old games, esp. When they good..
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Nobody: 2:31am On Jun 09, 2017
Heavy Rain
Shenmue 1 and 2
Mafia I II III
Broken Sword very confusing lol
Zelda the legend of the ocarina on N64
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by echelons(m): 2:42am On Jun 09, 2017
Have played a good number of games but my all time best remains The Last of Us. Great storyline. I mean, how can you have PS3/4 and not have played The Last of Us? We just can't wait for The Last of Us 2..

I find it difficult playing Uncharted 4, it's making the while storyline boring to me these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W01L70IGBgE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVPHxkokAE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo

And then the verdict is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GCh-_mAkA
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by SAVAGEBETS: 3:46am On Jun 09, 2017
op what you been smoking lately? No FAR CRY 3?
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by jeevyww(m): 4:01am On Jun 09, 2017
Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear solid
God of War
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by mrendaud(m): 4:40am On Jun 09, 2017
This is a ridiculous list. never heard of the Witcher 3 and dragon age Inquisition??
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by bigsmoke2(m): 5:09am On Jun 09, 2017
Heavy rain
brothers in arms
uncharted
marfia 2
red dead
ryse
metal gear series
gta San andreas
hitman series
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by tope24(m): 5:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Vasaratti16:
Legend Of Zelda
Legend of Zelda has such a complex, fantastic, yet relatable story... The almost 20 games in the series, while at first seeming unrelated, are all connected with a story that spans the centuries and dimensions, creating a rich history full of grandeur. LEGEND is right.
And not only that - the emotion of each game, the poignant details, make us form a connection to the story. There is such a strong attachment to the land of Hyrule, the story of the fight of good against evil, because WE are in it. WE are Link, and we are in his world - each and every time.
What's best is that everyone can relate to these games. They aren't overly violent or inappropriate. Yet at the same time, there are very mature themes, subtle messages, that give the story such meaning. Both kids and adults - really, people of all ages - can appreciate the fine and detailed (and EPIC) storytelling of the Legend of Zelda.
I believe this deserves to be first on the list. The story is fantastic. It is filled with mystery, magic, and teaches values. It is heart-warming and so emotion filled. It is complex yet easy for the player to understand. It teaches that everyone has a story to tell. That are also clues in the games that foreshadow. For example, in Ocarina of Time, still considered one of the best games of all time, there's a drawing on Link's tree house of a boy fighting what appears to be a giant dinosaur. In Skyward Sword, you fight The Imprisoned, a giant beast that resembles a dinosaur. 13 years later. This game in incredible and everyone can relate to it in some way. -
ZeldaStorm.
Adult Link learns the Song of Storms from Guru-Guru, the windmill guy. Guru-Guru mentions a kid who played it 7 years ago and messed up the windmill. After playing it, Guru-Guru gets angry. Link then goes back in time 7 years to when he was a 9 year old kid. He goes back to the windmill and plays the Song of Storms for Guru-Guru. The windmill gets messed up. But ig Guru-Guru only knew the song because 9 year old Link played it, and 9 year old Link only knew it because adult Link went back and time, and adult Link only knew it because Guru-Guru taught it to him, then where did the song originate from? It is a bootstrap paradox.
It's things like these that make The Legend of Zelda so complex, yet so amazing. There is another similar paradox in Skyward Sword regarding the Gate of Time, but it would take way too long to explain. Vote Legend of Zelda. It obviously has the best story.
Unbelievably amazing, regardless of age.

HAaaaaaaa. Ocarina of time. the best game ever. lemme go an dust my N64, so i can start again. took US over a year to finish this game using cheats and internet guide. The storyline is great. from kakariko village, to jabu jabu's belly, inside the deku tree, shadow temple....... i can go on and on and on

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by tope24(m): 5:42am On Jun 09, 2017
solasoulmusic:
Heavy Rain
Shenmue 1 and 2
Mafia I II III
Broken Sword very confusing lol
Zelda the legend of the ocarina on N64

see my person. For me N64 was the best in its generation. the only flop was the soccer developed for the console. Asides that, other games were lit. Perfect dark, mario kart, 007 series, Zelda, serges heros and so on

1 Like

Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by miketayo(m): 5:48am On Jun 09, 2017
Resident evil 7
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Joelvuvuzela(m): 6:09am On Jun 09, 2017
Why haven't anyone mentioned assasin s creed, that game have been awesome from way back Symbian fones to its PS4 and computer gameplay
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by wiringdpt(m): 6:16am On Jun 09, 2017
GTA and God of war should top the list
Mckandre:
What Fuckery is this, no God of War and dantes inferno?
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Favour155(m): 6:45am On Jun 09, 2017
Are they Pc games or just Android? Cos i prefer playing it on my Pc to Android.
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by kkamshak: 6:47am On Jun 09, 2017
no body is mentioning devil may cry 7
Re: Top Video Games With Great Storyline by Nobody: 6:55am On Jun 09, 2017
Vasaratti16:
these games you mentioned are not really story inclined, like Cao said, in my own personal opinion God of War is a childish game and that's why I didn't put it in the list. I should add uncharted but...... .......

god of war a childish game? man that was a slip of tongue right? gow. the story of kratos was just out of this fucking world bro, your list is incomplete without it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Please. How Do You Unlock Fifa 14 kick off mode on android / Football Manager 2020 PC Official Thread / 6 Games We Played While We Were Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.