Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,315 members, 7,867,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 04:30 AM

“the Mystery Of That Only One God, But Many ‘holy’ Books” – Olukayode Salako - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / “the Mystery Of That Only One God, But Many ‘holy’ Books” – Olukayode Salako (419 Views)

F.Shaw Olufemi Olukayode Adeyemi Profile: Ex EFCC Handler Was Stabbed By Robbers / How Fayose And Tinubu Reacted To Moji Olaiya's Burial - Olukayode Salako / OluKayode Salako: 'Stop Reporting Me To Foluke Daramola, My Wife' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“the Mystery Of That Only One God, But Many ‘holy’ Books” – Olukayode Salako by Greatpoet(m): 3:33pm On May 28, 2017
We all believe there is only one God, but why must He be that God who must be worshiped with many ‘holy’ books with different contents?! How are we sure those books are indeed holy and truly have any connection with that one God? Who wrote those books?!

For instance, one ‘Holy book’ says a man can marry 4 wives, while another one says you cannot marry more than one wife. And these are ‘holy’ books. One ‘Holy’ book says this is wrong and the other ‘Holy’ says it is right. Inside one holy book, to slaughter and bomb infidels are right, but in another, if you slap my right ear, I should give you the left one. If you kill all my children, I should forgive you and forget it! And this is about the same one God. And process of preparing to make that one heaven.This is curious and suspicious!

The bible in different versions and content values came from the culture of the west, which fundamentally will always confine a man to one wife. The Quran also in different versions emanated from the culture of the Arabs, which will always give a man the liberty to marry as many wives as he wants. The ‘holy’ book and what is right in Ifa, the ‘Ijo Orunmila’ worship, the fundamental religion of the Yoruba people, will also always not frown at it, if a man decides to marry more than 10 wives. That is why in the days of old, many of our fore fathers would have more than 15 women as wives and the same God did not get angry or destroy them. This is curious and suspicious!

I am a Christian, but I get very curious when a Muslim tells me his own religion is the true way to God and he is living and enjoying life with 5 beautiful women. And we Christians also believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to God and we are confined to live stereotypical and die with only one. But at the end of the day, it is still about the same heaven. Some people even believe that to slaughter anybody who does not believe in what they believe in is the true way to God. So, it is naively about different religions; different doctrines; different mode of worship, and many ‘holy’ books as a ‘way’ to that only one God!

The question is, which of these books is the real ‘holy’ book? Which one did God recognize? Did God Himself write any book and handed it over to humanity?! Did He give Adam a religion or set any standard of worship for him and his partner, Eve? Did God hand over any book to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden as the ‘Holy’ book to worship Him?!

What was the first and true holy book and where did it originate from? Can a spirit filled person or a prophet of God write a book and label it a holy book? Can I also write a book because I want to create my own religious beliefs and doctrine and call it a holy book? And if it is about the genuine inspiration from that only one God, why would He go ahead to inspire different people with different inspirational standards to build different contents for many holy books as a way to Him?! Why would God put it inside the bible that to marry more than one wife is a sin, and He would put it in the Quran that to Mary more than four is the best for a Muslim?! Why?!

These are the areas where I get curious and confused when it concerns the issue of religion, and which one is the real one God Himself
recognizes as the only and genuine way to Him. Why must we continue to have many ‘holy’ books with different controversial contents as ‘a way’ to only one God?! There are many religions around the world, just the same way there are many ‘holy’ books to be true worshippers of that one God. Why should it be so?!

However, I should think that, if truly it is about that only one God, then humanity should or can have many books of worship, but in contextual reference to that only one Holy book, not many ‘holy’ books as a way to one God.

This brings me to the conclusion that, it will always be a truism that, that one God, did not create any religion. I don’t think so. It is we, human beings, who have been creating these phenomena called religions and setting the standards. It is factually the ingenious enterprise of some smart men as a tool to run our lives in their own way! That is why religions are many and different in contents.That is why the beliefs, mode of worship and doctrines are controversially many and not the same.

In a nutshell, it is of my informed opinion, however, that God is the only one who knows the true way to Him. And that is if there is any phenomenon called God in the first place. Man has just been speculating and experimenting with ‘enslaving’ religious standards – so, I think! That is why the definitions in religions are different and can never be the same, because it is realistically a creation of man, and not of God. In Christianity alone, there are more than 1 million types of Christianities, and everybody believing his own is the right way to that same one God. In Islam and other religions, there are several doctrinal discrepancies like that.

However, it is man, who has been setting all these religious standards in order to lead other men doctrinal and subjectively for his own purpose
in the service of his own spiritual being, called ‘God’.

If it is about that one God, why should what is right in Celestial church be wrong in Deeper life or why should what is right in Islam be wrong in Hindu or Christianity? Or why the unwarranted competition about the superiority of religious beliefs, doctrines and practices? Why?!

Realistically, however, on this confusing note, the whole world has only one big problem right now, and that is religion! Religion!! Religion!!! But, realistically, if it is about that only one God for all mankind, why should it be so?!

I was in Canada the other time, where a new version of the ‘Holy’ bible was introduced to support – give credence and validity to gayism and lesbianism in Christianity, and as a way of life in the west. Was that about the true and Holy God as well?!

I think it should be one ‘Holy’ book for that only one universal God, if it is about that only one supreme being, called God!

If it is about that only one God, then it should have been only one ‘Holy’ book in the same contents and standard of religious practice for all mankind.

Why should what I will read in the Bible be controversially different from that of the Quran or any other ‘Holy’ book, if it is about that only one God and one heaven or paradise.

Why should I as a Christian ever be afraid of living in the core muslim Northern part of Nigeria or an Arab Muslim country, if everything is about one God and the same paradise? Why?!

Sometimes, I just sit down and say to myself: How good and peaceful would it have been if it could be one world, one people; one religion and one ‘Holy’ book to preach the message of that only one God in one love and unity! How good would it have been?!
This is just from my curious thoughts on this confusion, called religion.

Re: “the Mystery Of That Only One God, But Many ‘holy’ Books” – Olukayode Salako by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:46pm On May 28, 2017
All religious people are confused... You can just see how Christians all read the same bible, yet depending on who you ask, they have a different definition for their holy book.. Catholic, Protestant, Jehovah witness, Mormon
Re: “the Mystery Of That Only One God, But Many ‘holy’ Books” – Olukayode Salako by Mrop(m): 3:47pm On May 28, 2017
hmmmm

(1) (Reply)

‘I Am Not A Bully’- Bisola Laments In New Interview (video) / Lynched Ghanaian Soldier, Captain Mahama To Be Buried Friday / Kechi, Sosoliso Plane Crash Survivor Gets Standing Ovation On America’s Got ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.