Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,082 members, 7,852,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:44 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 (759 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/18 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/18 / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(mon. 29/05/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 by dallyemmy: 5:44pm On May 28, 2017
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL

DATE: MONDAY 29TH 2017

THEME: BREAD OR CRUMBS?

Memorise:

Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me: Proverb 30:8

Read: Proverb 30:7-9

3:7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

3:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

3:9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

What you get from God depends on how contented or dissatisfied you are. While some people ask nothing from the Almighty God who has all things and who can do all things, some others ask for crumbs. Your desire and request go a long way in determining what you get in life. In Matthew 15:21-28, when the woman whose daughter was tormented by demons met the Lord, all she asked for was crumbs:
“And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. Matthew 15:27

Even today, after Jesus had said that the children of the Kingdom are meant to eat at God’s table, many of these children still prefer crumbs that fall from the Master’s table (Luke 12:32, Matthew 15:26). Where is your focus: the table or crumbs?

Similarly, there is a correlation between your desire and your trust in God. If you really have faith in God, you will be able to ask big. The Bible says those who know their God shall do exploits (Daniel 11:32). In other words, when you know little or nothing about God, when asked to make a request, you will be afraid of asking for too much, and so you will be confined to asking for so little. However, when you know how inexhaustible the resources of God are, it will stir up courage in your heart to ask for big, great and impossible things. Therefore, if you are asking for a used car, a tiny rented apartment or a job that can barely take you away from starvation, it is very possible that you do not know or trust God enough. In today’s Bible reading, Agur made a very humble request. He asked for neither poverty nor wealth. He feared poverty, lest he might be tempted to steal; and he also feared wealth, lest he deny God. Just enough was what he asked for. Using the children of Israel as a model of God’s plan for your life, you will observe that God took them from the wilderness, where they had Manna that was just enough for each day, to a land flowing with milk and honey, where they had more than enough (Exodus 16:15-19, Deuteronomy 6:10-11, Joshua 5:12). Just enough might mean not having reserves to take care of emergencies. That means, in an emergency, you may be forced to go cap in hand borrowing. Are you asking for little in consideration of others who are also asking God for the same thing? You can never exhaust God’s resources. Ask big and stop limiting yourself!

Action Point:

Ask God for something really big that only He can do for you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Acts 16-17
Jeremiah 38:1-13

AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE

HYMN 10: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS

1. There shall be showers of blessing:
This is the promise of love;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
Sent from the Saviour above.

Refrain:
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.

2. There shall be showers of blessing,
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
[Refrain]

3. There shall be showers of blessing;
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy Word.
[Refrain]

4. There shall be showers of blessing:
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God we’re confessing,
Now as on Jesus we call!
[Refrain]

5. There shall be showers of blessing,
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be seasons refreshing,
If we let God have His way.
[Refrain]

3 Likes

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 by mezeadichie: 10:56pm On May 28, 2017
WELCOME TO 2017
THE YEAR OF PLEASANT SURPRISES!
I Like These:
A. The number 17 symbolizes "Overcoming the enemy" and "Complete victory".
1. In this year 2017, you will be an overcomer. In this year 2017, you will be victorious.
2. As in Genesis 20:17, Abraham prayed and God healed Abimelech.... You will receive Divine healing in 2017.
3. As in Numbers 20:17, You will pass through your enemies to your promised land in 2017.
4. As in Deut. 20:17, You will utterly destroy your enemies in the year 2017
5. As in Judges 20:17, You will be a man of war to conquer in this year 2017.
6. As in 1 Samuel 20:17, You will experience true love of God in the year 2017.
7. As in 2 Samuel 20:17, You will hear God speak to you and give you direction in 2017.
8. As in 2 Chronicles 20:17, God will fight your battle in 2017. And
9. As in John 20:17, our God, the God Almighty will be your Father and your God.
B. This year 2017, you will experience the Grace, the Mercy and the Favour of God in all your undertakings as you rely on Him.
C. Once again, You are welcome to 2017, the year of PLEASANT SURPRISES from God In Jesus' Name. Amen!
EMMANUEL=GOD WITH US!

http://openheavensdailydevotional.christiandevotional.com.ng/
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 by GodRACE(m): 5:44am On May 29, 2017
God bless you Sir
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/05/17 by femoint007(m): 6:07am On May 29, 2017
Prayer Points on Today's Open Heavens: ( Monday, May 29, 2017) - BREAD OR CRUMBS?
1.Thank you Father, for your covenant of blessings and prosperity over my life.
2.Father, in anyway, l have fallen short of your glory, please, have mercy and forgive me.
3.Father, by the power of the Holy Ghost, let every satanic yoke and limitation, upon my life and destiny, be destroyed, this moment, in Jesus' name.
4.Father, remove from me, today, by your mercy, every garment of impossibility, affliction, lack, reproach and shame, and burn them to ashes, in Jesus' name.
5.Father, where l am supposed to have reached in life, that the wicked powers have delayed, take me there, today, by your mercy, in Jesus' name.
6.Father, as your child, your desire for me is to sit with you at your table to eat; today, l reject crumbs falling from the table and demand my right to sit and eat directly from your table, in Jesus' name.
7.Father, release upon me today, the prosperity and blessings, that will make me to forget that l had ever suffered, in life, in Jesus' name.
8.Father, you are the God that divided the red sea and make a way where there seems to be none; please, make a way for me today, out of barrenness, poverty, sickness, disease, shame and reproach, etc, in Jesus' name.
9.Father, breath upon me, with your breath of life and power and release upon my life your wonder working power and anointing, for signs and wonders, that will proclaim your glory, all over the world, in Jesus' name.
10.Father, take me out of the wilderness of lack and not enough, to the land flowing with milk and honey, where, there will be more than enough for me and my family, in Jesus' name.
11.Father, in prosperity and comfort, let me still abide in you, in humility, doing your perfect Will, in Jesus' name.
12.Your Personal petitions.
( Philippians 4:6)
13.In Jesus' name I pray.
(John 14:13-14; 15:16)
14.Thank you Father for answered prayers.
(1 Thessalonians 5:18).
#GodBlessOurNation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One Building 3 Churches:See Photo Of A Building In Lagos That Has 3 Churches / Who Is More Powerful Between Herod And Pontius Pilate? / Why Don't Jehovah's Witnesses Accept Blood Transfusions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.